View Full Version : do you think fedor can knock out james toney standing?

gratz_the_king
03-20-2010, 05:07 PM
what do you think of toneys chances with fedor on the feet? do you think if fedor hit toney with the same punch he hit brett rogers with he would knock him out??

Chex31
03-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Toney would **** him up

Nick Fury
03-20-2010, 05:11 PM
He'd definitely knock him down.

phallus
03-20-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah, that punch would stretch toney out on the canvas if fedor lands it flush... i think the big right that big shane carwin landed on manbearpig would do the same

Bullrush
03-20-2010, 06:17 PM
fedor is too quick for him, james is like 42 years old. he would wear him down for a few minutes and then knock him out if he has to. otherwise he will obviously try to take him down and submit him

Dice
03-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Roy Jones Jr., Evander Holyfield, Samuel Peter, Hasim Rahman, Toneys been in there wit some bangers, If Fedor lands the right shot flush he could ko toney but its not happening, Fedor standing up wit Toney, however old he is, would be like Toney hitting the ground wit Fedor in Sambo, anything can happen but in all likelyness Toney is a world champion boxer and while a lot is being made of his power, his power is actually overrated at heavyweight since he's a blown up cruiserweight/light heavyweight its his actual technical boxing thats being a bit overlooked.

Toney might sound like an idiot but in the cage standing wit Fedor he would pick Fedor apart wit technical boxing as opposed to looking for one haymaker.

I only say Fedor has a chance at knocking him out because the gloves are four ounces

Dice
03-20-2010, 06:48 PM
i think the big right that big shane carwin landed on manbearpig would do the same

That I agree totally with

#1Assassin
03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
fedor would have the power to knock toney out but he wouldnt be able to land flush enough with a big punch, toney is far too skilled and smart on his feet. fedor would have to take him down and submit him, which he would do rather easily i think.

on their feet it would be lights out for fedor though, nobody in mma is on the level of even just a fringe contender type (like toney) pro boxer as far as boxing goes. even a top boxer by mma standards like fedor would look like a fool.

KESSLER
03-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Toney would **** him up

Get the **** outta here with that **** kid :lol1: Fedor would demolish Toney.

The Underboss
03-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Toney would **** him up

someone is a little delusional :haha:.

Spartacus Sully
03-20-2010, 07:39 PM
i think the real question is, after fedor connects and toney goes down will the ref step in like always and announce fedor the winner regardless if toney is unconscious or not.

the traveler
03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
mma striking is different from boxing striking, but if it was just a standing fight, fedor would get smashed, but when tony has to focus on takedowns and kicks, he could ko tony standing.

Look at how Fedor took out cro cop, who at one time was considered one of the best strikers in the world. He was able to outstrike Cro Cop because Cro Cop had to focus on things like takedowns more so than he had to with other fighters.

Chex31
03-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Get the **** outta here with that **** kid :lol1: Fedor would demolish Toney.
if the fight was standing you dumbass.

Anywhere else and Fedor wins easily

kaps
03-21-2010, 12:13 AM
I think if Fedor could land that shot on Toney, then he'd be sleeping. The problem is Toney has 1000x better standup than Brett Rogers and it probably wouldn't land. Fedor still wins via gnp ko or submission in a MMA fight though...

AKATheMack
03-21-2010, 01:18 AM
If Fedor stands and trades with Toney he'll get his ass kicked. That punch may KO Toney, but 0% chance it lands.

TheNegation
03-21-2010, 01:26 AM
People in here need to remember that standing in MMA doesn't just mean punches. Fedor could KO Toney with a head kick or make him quit with a few well placed leg kicks.

People also need to remember that while Toney is the better boxer Fedor's punches are very explosive for a guy his size, not to mention they come out of ****ing nowhere and he throws his entire body into them.

He could very well KO Toney, but the odds wouldn't be on his side.

i3raintwo
03-21-2010, 04:55 AM
I have to agree with the last comment^

The style in striking for mma and boxing are a little different but different enough to make a huge difference for a fighter.

I box, muay thai, and mma for quite some time now. If I was in a boxing stance while sparring muay thai... I am low enough to eat a roundhouse to the body or head kick easily.

That being said, Fedors movements are unique and definitely made for fighting with small gloves(punching angles and blocking). Fedor could land, and if he did Toney would be on the canvas but probably not KO'd.

KESSLER
03-21-2010, 09:40 AM
if the fight was standing you dumbass.

Anywhere else and Fedor wins easily

I still think Fedor can knock him out standing. If he lands a shot like the one he landed on Arlovski, he's gonna hurt Toney. He might not drop him, but Toney will feel it for sure. MMA striking is a little different, also smaller gloves obviously.

wojosh6
03-21-2010, 02:43 PM
no, not really.

murmagic
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
no i dont think he could, if they fought he would probley win by sub

res
03-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Roy Jones Jr., Evander Holyfield, Samuel Peter, Hasim Rahman, Toneys been in there wit some bangers, If Fedor lands the right shot flush he could ko toney but its not happening, Fedor standing up wit Toney, however old he is, would be like Toney hitting the ground wit Fedor in Sambo, anything can happen but in all likelyness Toney is a world champion boxer and while a lot is being made of his power, his power is actually overrated at heavyweight since he's a blown up cruiserweight/light heavyweight its his actual technical boxing thats being a bit overlooked.

Toney might sound like an idiot but in the cage standing wit Fedor he would pick Fedor apart wit technical boxing as opposed to looking for one haymaker.

I only say Fedor has a chance at knocking him out because the gloves are four ounces

Thanks for introducing some sanity into this, I feel like i'm in the company of 10 year old fan boys that think that Emelianenko can fly and see through walls, and who seem to have little knowledge of combat sports beyond MMA.

ofcourse if Fedor takes him down it's over before it starts.

M Deezy
03-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Toney is old way outa shape and right now thinking hes gonna be the greatest heavyweight to grace MMA. Fedor would demolish toney then get critisized for fighting a can. Fedor would exploit his skills, go for some brutal kicks that will catch toney off guard and finish him with strikes. Yet if brock fights and beats toney people will say hes unstopable.

res
03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Toney is old way outa shape and right now thinking hes gonna be the greatest heavyweight to grace MMA. Fedor would demolish toney then get critisized for fighting a can. Fedor would exploit his skills, go for some brutal kicks that will catch toney off guard and finish him with strikes. Yet if brock fights and beats toney people will say hes unstopable.

Fedor is slow primitive and amatuerish in his skills (although he hits hard). If Toney beats him Boxing fans will just consider him as having beaten a club fighter with grappling skills. Toney dosen't need to be in shape if the fight stays standing.

Fedor is either going to cuddle with Toney on the ground or get knocked unconscious. Fedor might be able to take him out with a Thai clinch and some knees too though, I could see that.