View Full Version : Sumbu Kalambay vs James Toney

Dynamite Kid
03-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Sumbu Kalambay vs James Toney. I think this would be a pretty tough fight for Toney as Kalambay had extremely good ring generalship, good counter puncher, quick reflexes, quick hands & feet, knew how to use the ring for 15 rounds.

I could see Kalambay frustrating Toney to an extent with his movement and speed from long range. Toney to me is a guy that likes you to commit yourself so he can set up his counters, im not sure whether Sumbu would fall for that, i reckon he would peck at Toney from range, anyway what do you think?

Marcov
03-19-2010, 11:36 PM
The Kalambay that beat McCallum was a very good boxer and would have a chance in this matchup. His later loss to Nunn was just an example of what could happen to any fighter that doesn't warm up properly. However if Toney was in top shape I would still make him the favorite here. I would give him the advantage in strength, power and probably defence.

Silencers
03-20-2010, 09:42 AM
I pretty much agree with Marcov. Kalambay's style might give Toney some trouble, the way he likes to create angles and move around on the outside while pecking and poking at you but if the right Toney shows up I'd pick him to win.