View Full Version : I'm just about to play FF13

Tuggers1986
03-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Ill give you all my thoughts in a couple of hours but up to now it looks good. Graphics and visuals are on another level

S A M U R A I
03-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Nice one. I heard that most of the game is very linear, but in a good way.

Enjoy.

-Rab
03-09-2010, 03:25 PM
All I have to say is....Graphics are beyond amazing!

Ether
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Got this on midnight release, played like 2 hours+. great battle system and graphics, but honestly, ill continue later .. going back to Heavy Rain again for alittle.

Irish Hitman
03-09-2010, 05:42 PM
never got into Final fantasies maybe il pick this up (mostly for graphics)

Syf
03-09-2010, 06:49 PM
keep us posted, im thinkin about gettin this

Chups
03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
never got into Final fantasies maybe il pick this up (mostly for graphics)

FF10 will **** you up emotionally.

-Rab
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
This is a great game because of the graphics and the battle system, I have a really bad problem with the characters and the story...THEY F**KING SUCK! Man it pisses me off.

S A M U R A I
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I couldn't get into it FF10. The cheesy voice acting drove me nuts. The puzzles were annoying. So annoying, in fact, that I didn't bother finishing the game becaiuse of them.

FF7, FF8 + FF Tactics = :fing02:

Equilibrium
03-10-2010, 12:32 AM
I couldn't get into it FF10. The cheesy voice acting drove me nuts. The puzzles were annoying. So annoying, in fact, that I didn't bother finishing the game becaiuse of them.

I didn't finish ff 10 either. I hate that a lot of jrpgs have ****ing fruitcakes as lead characters.

FF13 has a chick as lead character, so it should be tolerable. Though i spotted a blonde ****y haired ****** in some of the trailers.

-Rab
03-10-2010, 12:58 AM
4 Hours into it...Really not excited to keep the game going forward, Most of the characters annoy the s**t out of me and the female leader is like f**king Keanu Reeves.

Earl Hickey
03-10-2010, 01:38 AM
4 Hours into it...Really not excited to keep the game going forward, Most of the characters annoy the s**t out of me and the female leader is like f**king Keanu Reeves.

Whats the black dude with the afro like?

F l i c k e r
03-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Whats the black dude with the afro like?

Trash. He has two guns. Shoots stereotypical, not in a good way either. Really isn't a cool character at all.

I played it and beat it already. The japanese version. It's linear and at time the battling gets repetitive but they make up for that with high quality graphics. Cut scenes are great as always expected from a FF game. I think the rating it got from IGN does it justice 100%.

I won't reveal too much but they hint at "yuri" throughout the game. Don't know what that is? Google: Yuri Hentai.

Tuggers1986
03-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Im about 4 hours in now and its getting better. It took me about two hours play to start to understand the story. The graphics are amazing and it is starting to look up but at the minute im not liking how extremely linear it is and it's also starting to get very repetitive. I feel like im just running from one battle to another

Tuggers1986
03-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Trash. He has two guns. Shoots stereotypical, not in a good way either. Really isn't a cool character at all.

I played it and beat it already. The japanese version. It's linear and at time the battling gets repetitive but they make up for that with high quality graphics. Cut scenes are great as always expected from a FF game. I think the rating it got from IGN does it justice 100%.

I won't reveal too much but they hint at "yuri" throughout the game. Don't know what that is? Google: Yuri Hentai.

Animated lesbian ****??

S A M U R A I
03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I didn't finish ff 10 either. I hate that a lot of jrpgs have ****ing fruitcakes as lead characters.

FF13 has a chick as lead character, so it should be tolerable. Though i spotted a blonde ****y haired ****** in some of the trailers.

Yeah, Tidus from FF10 with the 15-year old American brat voice, I couldn't warm to him. The voice acting alone almost ruined the game.

I can't help comparing new characters to the FF7 line-up, but they never come close. Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa (nom nom nom), Barrett, Aeris, Red XIII, etc. I haven't seen characters as good as these.

Damn. I think I'm gonna have to play the game again. I already spent 700 hours+ on 7 and 8, also finished Tactics at least twice. I should hate these games!!! :lol1:

BTW, that's nothing, I realize. I have a mate who finished FF7 50+ times. No lie.

Flab
03-10-2010, 09:00 AM

FF10 was the best one, seriously. Played for over 120 hours. In the end I was so powerful, that I killed the boss in one hit.

I didn't mind his voice, because that's what he was a 17-year-old, Blitzball player. In fact, his voice was acted perfectly.

Akyra
03-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Tidus from FF10 with the 15-year old American brat voice, I couldn't warm to him. The voice acting alone almost ruined the game.

I can't help comparing new characters to the FF7 line-up, but they never come close. Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa (nom nom nom), Barrett, Aeris, Red XIII, etc. I haven't seen characters as good as these.

Damn. I think I'm gonna have to play the game again. I already spent 700 hours+ on 7 and 8, also finished Tactics at least twice. I should hate these games!!! :lol1:

BTW, that's nothing, I realize. I have a mate who finished FF7 50+ times. No lie.

YOU SON OF A *****!!!!!

:o :o

Flab
03-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Here is the cheesy voice actor they picked off the street for the voice of Tidus.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aA8BlYnE-_I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aA8BlYnE-_I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Akyra
03-10-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.thekoalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/final-fantasy-x-tidus.jpg
http://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/tidus.jpg

let's bury those ugly little posts about you with pics of you, tidus!! :D

tidus rocks!!! haterssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fu2:

Frank Martin
03-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Im expecting this to be more of FFXII-ish but I guess im wrong. Its back to ATB system.

Story wise, FFVI pawns them all!

Akyra
03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
FFX > teh worldz

S A M U R A I
03-10-2010, 01:55 PM
FF10 was the best one, seriously. Played for over 120 hours. In the end I was so powerful, that I killed the boss in one hit.

I didn't mind his voice, because that's what he was a 17-year-old, Blitzball player. In fact, his voice was acted perfectly.

10 doesn't even compare to 7 in any way! Wow. We'll have to disagree on this one.

S A M U R A I
03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
FFX > teh worldz

How can you say that!?

:soapbox:

-Rab
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
FFVII > FFVIII > FFIX > FFIV > FFVI > Any other FF

USA4LIFE
03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Im really enjoying 13, I love the battle system, the Paradigm Shift is a great addition and makes the battle more involved as you pretty much have to use it of else you'll get your ass kicked by some enemies. FF 12 left a really bad taste in my mouth but this game so far has washed that out. A solid 9 out of 10 for me.

Oh and, Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy III or VI > greater than all other final fantasies.

S A M U R A I
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
FFVII > FFVIII > FFIX > FFIV > FFVI > Any other FF

FFVII > FFVIII > FF Tactics > FFVI > Irrelevance

Grand Champ
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Some people might like this game and that's cool, but this guy speaks the truth!!

USA4LIFE
03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Some people might like this game and that's cool, but this guy speaks the truth!!

No doubt about it, I ****ing love rpg's, always have, but yeah, the androgynous characters are annoying, the thing western audiences need to understand is that the japanese love how these characters look, and I mean love, so much so they dress like them in real life on a daily basis. It's meant to please the japanese audience and we just have to put up with it. It will never effect my decision on whether i play a game or not tho.

COYS
03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Im really enjoying 13, I love the battle system, the Paradigm Shift is a great addition and makes the battle more involved as you pretty much have to use it of else you'll get your ass kicked by some enemies. FF 12 left a really bad taste in my mouth but this game so far has washed that out. A solid 9 out of 10 for me.

Oh and, Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy III or VI > greater than all other final fantasies.

i agree with what your saying about 13, so far so good for me too. how goods the "stagger" aswell. FF12 left me scarred, awful game.

FF 7 is by far the best.....followed by 10 and 8

Chups
03-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Wow...first time to see someone who didn't like FF10. At least we agree about FF7, it is the best. FF10 comes in second just because it's so involving......the ending just left you wondering what should/could have happened. In fact they continued that storyline in another game just to satisfy the players....i didn't play that one. (I think that's FF10 1/2 or whatever it's called...I believe it's not RPG but a some other platform)

Grand Champ
03-10-2010, 05:40 PM
No doubt about it, I ****ing love rpg's, always have, but yeah, the androgynous characters are annoying, the thing western audiences need to understand is that the japanese love how these characters look, and I mean love, so much so they dress like them in real life on a daily basis. It's meant to please the japanese audience and we just have to put up with it. It will never effect my decision on whether i play a game or not tho.

If it were only the fact that they look fruity, but they're so over the top and annoying. Half of them got ADHD!!

USA4LIFE
03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
If it were only the fact that they look fruity, but they're so over the top and annoying. Half of them got ADHD!!

LOL yeah, I sometimes wished it would go back to being full text and no voices b/c the voice acting sure doesn't help.

Tuggers1986
03-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Tuggers1986
03-10-2010, 08:24 PM
8 hours in and really starting to enjoy it now. Paradigm and stagger both good additions and charecter development is coming on nicely :)

F l i c k e r
03-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Animated lesbian ****??

It hints at lesbian relations. It is animated too. lol

Chups
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I've been playing for about an hour. It's just OK.

Tuggers1986
03-12-2010, 04:56 PM
I've been playing for about an hour. It's just OK.

The first few hours are repetitive as hell, it takes a while to get into it

-Rab
03-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm in chapter 10 and WOW this game really gets going, I'm really liking it now.

Chups
03-13-2010, 04:26 AM
Around 3 hours into the game and dualshock controller barely rumbled. :thinking::thinking:

COYS
03-13-2010, 04:59 AM
im about 6 hourse, thats chapter 5 i think, im enjoying it a lot.

Ryn0
03-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm on chapter 11 I think, it's good.

But there are better JRPG's this gen already out and the summons are weak I've used them only a handful of times, they're only good when an opponent is staggered and they are in gestalt mode (and you use triangle or Y)

Ether
03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
lol, i'm about 2hrs 45 in.. on chapter 3. I'm sorry, this game is great graphically, but it screams mainstream too much, fully healed after a fight? retry after losing? lol.

It doesn't deserve a 9, but at the same time doesn't deserve no BS 5 either.

One main reason i'm taking my sweet time is because of GOW3, that **** owns all.

Toy Story 3
03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I still gotta buy this game lol, been busy.

x RUDEBOY x
03-16-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm thinking about picking this up. But i'm more excited for versus. It's being made by the same team that made Kingdom hearts.

Chups
03-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Chapter 11........and still just an Ok game. I wouldn't really recommend it. Still confused what falcie, pulsie, lacie or cie is....goddammit do they all have to sound the same??

Great graphics horrible story...and I'm a very big FF fan.

-Rab
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
After finishing the game, It did everything right except one main thing and it's the reason why I fell in love with FF.... THE F*CKING STORY WAS A PIECE OF SH*T. I'm extremely dissapointed. I hope versus is better.

Ether
03-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Also chapter 11, against Dahaka. 2 million HP.

Tuggers1986
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
This is the biggest gaming disappointment I have ever had. Owned it for 2 weeks and couldnt wait to sell it!!!

-Blackout-
04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
This is the biggest gaming disappointment I have ever had. Owned it for 2 weeks and couldnt wait to sell it!!!

That's because you're a man. We don't want to play no cliché goodie goodie japanese lovestory. :puke:

Dirt E Gomez
04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Western Style RPGs > JRPGS

Seriously, the genre is dying. They've been going downhill for years and years at this point trying to recapture old glory, but it just isn't working. They need to reinvent themselves to get the public besides uber-nerds back on their sides.

Bioware and Bethesda are ****ting on them.

-Blackout-
04-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Western Style RPGs > JRPGS

Seriously, the genre is dying. They've been going downhill for years and years at this point trying to recapture old glory, but it just isn't working. They need to reinvent themselves to get the public besides uber-nerds back on their sides.

Bioware and Bethesda are ****ting on them.

This is true. Compare Fallout 3 or ME2 to this cliché romance rubbish and there's no comparison. While FF is a good looking game the story make you vomit. I choose western RPG's every day of the week, twice on sundays.