View Full Version : Scott Harrison v Michael Brodie

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-22-2005, 02:20 PM
June 3 2005'

WBO Featherweight title
Scott Harrison v Michael Brodie

I've thought for a long time now, that Scott Harrison is a belt just waiting to be taken by the 1st slick boxer. There's no need to go to war with Harrison, (And if you do, you'll probably come off worse!) - Just box him on the back foot, pick him to pieces with counters as he comes forward... :dunno:

Michael Brodie definatly has the skills to do this, I only wonder, After some of the wars he's been in... Has he got enough left in him?

I'm gonna go against the odds, and predict a 12 round UD for Brodie. I just think that Michael Brodie is smart enough to know how to beat Scott Harrison, and will captilise on it!

What D'you guys think?

Eric Persson
05-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Brodie def. got the skills but his first war with In-Jin Chi really took something out of him, as you said...

That said, Harrison is rather one-dimensional and i pick Brodie by UD12, just as you.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah, Scott Harrison either looks awesome in his fights, or terrible!

I think that depends A LOT on how the OTHER guy decides to fight Harrison.

RobbieD
05-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I think Harrison KO's Brodie within 4 rounds.

SuckaPunch
05-22-2005, 04:22 PM
No offense to Brodie and Harrison fans, I like 'em both, very exciting fighters, but I don't see the two of 'em reach the upper echelon of the feather/superfeather division. Well, if Harrison and Marquez fight for a unification bout, I'll be rooting for Harrison although I think it's gonna be a long shot.

Brodie vs. Harrison. Harrison UD.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-22-2005, 05:09 PM
No offense to Brodie and Harrison fans, I like 'em both, very exciting fighters, but I don't see the two of 'em reach the upper echelon of the feather/superfeather division. Well, if Harrison and Marquez fight for a unification bout, I'll be rooting for Harrison although I think it's gonna be a long shot.

Brodie vs. Harrison. Harrison UD.
I think Juan Manuel Marquez would have an easy nights work with Scott Harrison.

Marquez is a thinking boxer, and an excellent counter puncher... Those are the exact two attributes you need to beat Harrison.

I think Michael Brodie may have had a better chance, but only if that chance came 4yrs ago. I think he maybe a little past his sell-by-date now. :(

Manny_P
05-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Go Harrison. LOL

elveiel
05-22-2005, 05:51 PM
IMO Brodie is a far better fighter but he will probably go to war and thats Harrisons only strong point.

I'm picking Brodie but it could go either way.

I'll bet 10 mil someone's eye closes in this fight, anyone wanna bet me?? :D

majestiC
05-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Brodie is going to destroy Harrison, brodie has a lot of personal problems vs chi and i think he is over them! Harrison is so overrated its untrue he was very lucky to get away against Polo!

barryboy
05-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Brodie is a much better boxer than Harrison but he tends to spoil that a bit by getting into wars with almost everyone so that plus the long layoff he's had & natural size disadvantage tips it to Harrison for me, if Brodie had a warm up fight he might have more of a chance but I just think it's too much to ask of him to come back after the Chi wars & go straight back into another tough fight, one other thing with Brodie is he gets tired in the 2nd half of fights whereas Harrison is more steady all the way so I'd say Harrison anywhere after 7 or 8 rounds but I think it'll be a cracking fight right till the end :boxing:

TheBrownBomber22
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Brodie is a much better boxer than Harrison but he tends to spoil that a bit by getting into wars with almost everyone so that plus the long layoff he's had & natural size disadvantage tips it to Harrison for me, if Brodie had a warm up fight he might have more of a chance but I just think it's too much to ask of him to come back after the Chi wars & go straight back into another tough fight, one other thing with Brodie is he gets tired in the 2nd half of fights whereas Harrison is more steady all the way so I'd say Harrison anywhere after 7 or 8 rounds but I think it'll be a cracking fight right till the end :boxing:

agreed, If Brodie chooses to box he'll get the UD but I think he will opt to slug it out, which woount be good for him v Harrisson.
I'll be rooting for Brodie no matter what though.

J !
05-23-2005, 11:22 AM
yip go aloing with all of that and defo shout for mikey, he has to be one of Britain best boxers never to have lifted a world title.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
yip go aloing with all of that and defo shout for mikey, he has to be one of Britain best boxers never to have lifted a world title.
Yeah I feel sorry for Michael Brodie... He got F**kin' robbed against Willie Jorrin, and he just got put in there with a REALLY tough guy in In Jin Chi.

If he'd have wanted to, I'm sure he could have challenged for and won a WBO belt or something in the past, but he's always been focussed - that he only wants to win the WBC belt (prestige).

welshwales
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Brodie by SD

cornerman
05-27-2005, 08:09 AM
There's no doubt that this is going to be really tough for Brodie, if he boxes all the way i see him winning by UD. If as usual he decides to go to war i see him being ko'ed in the latter rounds due to his long layoff and the fact he appears to tire in the latter stages more so than Harisson. I'll be rooting for Brodie though!

AJ53
05-27-2005, 07:25 PM
brodie definitely has the skills to beat harrison and i really hope he does because i can't think of any other british boxer who would deserve it more than micheal.
but in his last few fights he has been getting marked up worse than ever and against harrisons strong arm tactics i can see him being stopped late!!
but i'll still be cheering for brodie to beat the odds.

RobbieD
05-29-2005, 08:00 AM
There is absolutely no chance that Brodie can KO Harrison. Points decision at best is all he can hope for.

Kimmy
05-29-2005, 08:12 PM
The Problem i see for Brodie is Harrison`s pressure. He just comes forward and I remember Brodie boxing great at tmes in the past...
The problem is Brodie can get suckered into a war and i think this will decide the fight.
Harrison by UD or late TKO

Mick Hucknall
06-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Well i see this being a close UD to Brodie which will be controversal now that there will be 3 English judges and an English ref.

barryboy
06-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Well i see this being a close UD to Brodie which will be controversal now that there will be 3 English judges and an English ref.

That's a bit stupid innit, now if the fight is even close on the cards there will be an uproar afterwards, it should be one Scottish, one English and a neutral judge just for arguments sake but I'm not bothered personally as the 3 judges are all pretty fair guys so I don't expect any b.s.
Lookin forward to this weekend though can't wait :boxing: (Got a spare 20 so that's going on a win for Ricky boy!)

J !
06-01-2005, 09:38 AM
tko ten barry.

i had a premonition.

or a dream as others may call it :D

Hatton had Zoo up agianst the ropes and hit him with a picture perfect left hook to the midriff, Zoo almost jackknifes and Hatton piles in, the ref waves the contest off to save the poor russian/aussie from anymore punishment.

I then woke up gutted it hadnt actually happeneed. :D
but not gutted the fight was still to come!

but then again i dreamt England beat the aussies in the ashes as wqll so its probably all bollox and wishful thinking :D :cool:

sticking with hatton tko 10 tho.

barryboy
06-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I'll wait until the round betting comes up and see what odds are better either just a Hatton win or Hatton on points though I wouldn't mind losing money on a stoppage :cool:

barryboy
06-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Here's some pics from the Harrison/Brodie weigh in and in the words of Jim Watt "He's so much bigger than Brodie"! listen to how many times he says that **** on fight night!
Oh and got Hatton on points 20 @ 3/1 :cool:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53009902&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53009903&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53009906&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53009920&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53009929&cdi=0

Dr O Strich
06-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Michael Brodie is a tough lad.

He also has a very good boxing brain. I feel he just knows a bit too much for the over-rated Scotsman.

One also has to remember that Injin Chi is seriously hard opposition, against whom Brodie gave a very good account of himself.

I wonder how Harrison would have faired against Chi? Hmmm?

The Injin Chi fights may have taken something out of Michael, that may be true.

But to be honest, I really think Michael Brodie is up for this fight.

He knows in his heart he should have already been WBC champion but was instead clearly robbed against Willie Jorrin.

Just one of the things I like about Brodie is that he not only fights with his fists - he fights with all his heart - a real throw back - and you can't knock a man for that.

I cried for Michael when he was robbed of that title and I really wish him all the best in this one.

I even feel he could stop Harrison sometime around the round 7 or 8 mark.

Shaolin Bushido
06-02-2005, 03:45 PM
I like Harrison in this one. I beleive that whatever Brodie had left was beaten out of him in the Chi fights and he's declining.

I think he'll hang up after he loses this one.

bigbadbri
06-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Harrison to win in 7 rounds.

fazered
06-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Harrison pretty easily. I think it's going to get ugly and I hope Brodie doesn't get hurt. I foresee tears and a retirement from Brodie at the end.

RobbieD
06-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I think Harrison KO's Brodie within 4 rounds.

Too damn good for this. Why didn't I stick money on it?

jatt the ripper
06-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Too damn good for this. Why didn't I stick money on it?

been there my friend