View Full Version : Willie Pep Overrated or Not??

tanibanana
03-07-2010, 05:20 AM
this guy who has crazy number of wins, superb peak record of 134-1-1 is simply too much to analyze. I wonder how many HOF and Champions did he fought? And how many of them did he beat?

defeated HOF'ers:
Sandy Saddler - (1-3)
Chalky Wright - (2-0)

defeated Champions (HOF'ers excluded):
Harold Dade
Charley Riley

anymore.....

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:13 AM
no, but pacquiao is

tanibanana
03-07-2010, 06:29 AM
no, but pacquiao is

haha.. yeah right, in your dreams. :pat:

the thread was about Pep, if you don't know anything about him get the **** out of boxing history.. there's a lot of thread in NSB w/ regards to Manny.. If I wanted to talk about Pacman I have plenty of options; NSB, GBS, PL, thunderdome.. :pat: jeez..

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:39 AM
haha.. yeah right, in your dreams. :pat:

in the case if u didnt get what im meant :

I JUST THINK ITS FUNNY, THAT A PENISLICKER WITH A PACQUIAO SIGNATUR THINKS HE HAS THE RIGHT TO CREATE A THREAD, WHERE HE CLAIMS A LEGEND LIKE WILLIE PEPP - who had btw. 60 wins in a row - IS OVERRATED.

all im gonna say is pepp > pacquiao.

so if u think pepp is overrated, pacquiao is the most overrated fighter of all time.

this thread is a joke, so is the TS

tanibanana
03-07-2010, 06:47 AM
in the case if u didnt get what im meant :

I JUST THINK ITS FUNNY, THAT A PENISLICKER WITH A PACQUIAO SIGNATUR THINKS HE HAS THE RIGHT TO CREATE A THREAD, WHERE HE CLAIMS A LEGEND LIKE WILLIE PEPP - who had btw. 60 wins in a row - IS OVERRATED.

all im gonna say is pepp > pacquiao.

so if u think pepp is overrated, pacquiao is the most overrated fighter of all time.

this thread is a joke, so is the TS

where in my post did I claim Willie is overrated... next time bring support to your claims.. :pat:

I was asking other poster who is more familiar with Pep.. :pat:
by the way I voted NO.. :pat:

I thought common sense is common... jeez..

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:51 AM
where in my post did I claim Willie is overrated... next time bring support to your claims.. :pat:

I was asking other poster who is more familiar with Pep.. :pat:
by the way I voted NO.. :pat:

I thought common sense is common... jeez..

why dont u create threads with the poll pacquiao is overrated then?
hush hush, im waiting

MARKBNLV
03-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Honestly the guys before the 50s there not enough footage to acuratly rate them.

JAB5239
03-08-2010, 04:36 AM
No, he's not overrated. The real question is how much greater may he have been had he never been in that plane crash?

Mr. President
03-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Mods you can go ahead and delete this bull**** thread.

Royalty
03-08-2010, 01:49 PM
He defeated a lot more than 2 HOF's and 2 world champions. If I'm remembering correctly, it was around 8 or so of each.

Regarding his boxing skills, not at all. He's one of the best defensive fighters that I've seen and he would give any featherweight in history a real tough fight.

He's a top 10 all-time great, IMO.

S.G.
03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
He beat Manuel Ortiz, but I can't think of any other IBHOF recognised boxers he beat aside from the two in the OP.

Royalty
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Okay.. I over-estimated the HOF's part. He beat 3 IBHOF's.. not 8. lol. Sandy Saddler, Chalky Wright and Manuel Ortiz.

As for world champions, he beat 9 of them: Sandy Saddler, Chalky Wright, Manuel Ortiz, Paddy DeMarco, Sal Bartolo, Jackie Wilson, Phil Terranova, Joey Archild and Harold Dade.

I don't think I'm missing anymore.

tanibanana
03-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Okay.. I over-estimated the HOF's part. He beat 3 IBHOF's.. not 8. lol. Sandy Saddler, Chalky Wright and Manuel Ortiz.

As for world champions, he beat 9 of them: Sandy Saddler, Chalky Wright, Manuel Ortiz, Paddy DeMarco, Sal Bartolo, Jackie Wilson, Phil Terranova, Joey Archild and Harold Dade.

I don't think I'm missing anymore.
thanks... for a guy with less than a hundred post and a few days registered.. you are very knowledgeable.. your good, I'll give you a green.