View Full Version : Most overrated fighter of the last decade?

Prinsemanspoper
03-07-2010, 05:19 AM
My vote would go to Kostya Tszyu.This supposed all time great who spent his entire career defending his title in a dead division consisting of worthless mandatories and shot fighters above their best weight.

A very ugly,awkward fighter to watch also.This so called devestating right hand that gained fame through cracking the glass chin of arguably the second most overrated fighter of the last decade in Judah.

An overrated puncher and an overrrated fighter with a shallow resume and a lack of desire to fight elite level fighters or even average fighters who had previously beaten and humiliated him on the biggest stage of his career at that point.

There will be many other fighters listed,but these fighters have wins over fighters worth speaking about,who have actually proven their class on a world stage and weren't shot by the time they fought them.

It's your opinion,but back it with a decent argument like my own.

tanibanana
03-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Zab Judah, mentally weak as his chin is..

Diego Corrales, though his exciting, always come up short in fights he needs to win..

sonnyboyx2
03-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Ricky Hatton

Dynamite Kid
03-07-2010, 06:02 AM
I take it Prinsemanspoper just got around to watching Zoo fights for the first time, here comes his inevitable assumptions like he knows him as a fighter inside out because he has seen a couple of his earlier fights.

Tard! Lol

Clyde Barrow
03-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Maybe Judah. He has skills, but didn't do enough with them.

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:23 AM
clearly pacman, i think he is a skilled fighter but people are just hyping him because he is filipino.
he still didnt beat marquez, but he is the fighter of decade?
the fighter of decade doesnt get tons of gift decisions.
back then so many ppl were saying how great dempsey is, that he is best p4p fighter ever etc., today ppl rate nearly any heavyweight with a solid resume over him..
without his big filipino fanbase pacquiao would barely make it to the top 3 best fighters of the last decade.

Clyde Barrow
03-07-2010, 06:26 AM
clearly pacman, i think he is a skilled fighter but people are just hyping him because he is filipino.
back then so many ppl were saying how great dempsey is, that he is best p4p fighter ever etc., today ppl rate nearly any heavyweight with a solid resume over him..
without his big filipino fanbase pacquiao would barely make it to the top 3 best fighters of the last decade.

**** post. Pac "clearly" most overrated from 2000-2009? Crikey. :Flush:

BOLLOCKS
03-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Juan Manuel Marquez

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:29 AM
**** post. Pac "clearly" most overrated from 2000-2009? Crikey. :Flush:

overrated doesnt mean he is bad, just not as good as the media make him out to be.
floyd and wladimir were both better fighters the last decade.

tanibanana
03-07-2010, 06:32 AM
overrated doesnt mean he is bad, just not as good as the media make him out to be.

you just lost your entire credibility if you have any...

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:42 AM
you just lost your entire credibility if you have any...

i dont think so.
u r just a delusional fanboy, who is dickriding his hero everyday, come back to planet earth, then we can talk objectively.

nelsoncm
03-07-2010, 06:44 AM

Wlad... now that's funny.

tanibanana
03-07-2010, 06:50 AM
i dont think so.
u r just a delusional fanboy, who is dickriding his hero everyday, come back to planet earth, then we can talk objectively.

Yes, it is so obvious...

Clyde Barrow
03-07-2010, 06:51 AM

I'm really hoping the *****-******* war doesn't spread into this section.

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Wlad... now that's funny.

im serious, why is pacquiao better than wladimir?
in my opinion wlad is overlooked and pacquiao just an overrated infant with a needle-phobia

Clyde Barrow
03-07-2010, 06:57 AM
im serious, why is pacquiao better than wladimir?
in my opinion wlad is overlooked and pacquiao just an overrated infant with a needle-phobia

Please mate, do not post this trolling garbage in the history section. This was a legitimate topic, and you've rubbished it with this ****.

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Plesae mate, do not post this trolling garbage in the history section. This was a legitimate topic, and you've rubbished it with this ****.

the TS is asking the whole forum.
or did u hear him saying everyones opinion is welcome except t3dbundys?
wladimir is better than manny, i wrote that many times before, has nothing to do with trolling...
your reaction is just disgusting, acting like pacquiao is some kind of god :rolleyes:

Clyde Barrow
03-07-2010, 07:05 AM
the TS is asking the whole forum.
or did u hear him saying everyones opinion is welcome except t3dbundys?
wladimir is better than manny, i wrote that many times before, has nothing to do with trolling...
your reaction is just disgusting, acting like pacquiao is some kind of god :rolleyes:

You can voice an opinion without trolling. This is a forum for mature discussion amongst serious boxing fans. Show some ****ing respect please.

T3dBundy
03-07-2010, 07:06 AM
You can voice an opinion without trolling. This is a forum for mature discussion amongst serious boxing fans. Show some ****ing respect please.

u never saw a troll..

Prinsemanspoper
03-07-2010, 08:23 AM
I take it Prinsemanspoper just got around to watching Zoo fights for the first time, here comes his inevitable assumptions like he knows him as a fighter inside out because he has seen a couple of his earlier fights.

Tard! Lol

Oh dear.Speaking of assumptions.

Titties needs to learn to read over his post before making himself look like a complete dunce.

Ricky Hatton

Good choice.

Why did you choose Hatton in particular?

General Zod
03-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Roy Jones jr 2000-2003

This guy never actually fought anyone half decent and yet he was called the p4p champ and he was compared to the likes of Spinks because he moved up and challenged Ruiz for a belt at hw. Talented athlete but completely overrated as a fighter

Clegg
03-07-2010, 08:44 AM
The first name that comes to mind is de la Hoya.

Perhaps there are others who are/were more overrated, but I think the reasoning used by people who rate him highly is often weak. For example people often say "he fought everyone" as if it means he should be rated higher because of it. Who cares if you fight everyone if they all beat you?

I also think that him winning 6 divisional titles is an overrated statistic. With each generation belts become less important because there are more and more of them, and what's more important is who you win them from and who you defend against. Wins over the likes of Jimmi Brendhal are not all that meaningful.

Obviously he has some good wins on his resume and was a very good boxer, but I don't think he deserves the high praise that he seems to get from a lot of people.

DeepSleep
03-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Ricky Hatton is not a terrible fighter but for some reason he is spoke of as if he is great, which he isn't.

mhager91490
03-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Ricky Hatton is not a terrible fighter but for some reason he is spoke of as if he is great, which he isn't.

He was talked about as if he was great, there seemed to be a big turnaround after Pacquiao KO'd him. Now mostly everything you hear about him is that he's overrated.

CarlosG815
03-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Agree 100%.

His promoter does a great job of marketing him as well. He's one of my favorite fighters currently but he is very overhyped and lately his fans, Roach, and promoting is making me kind of dislike him.

He lost to Morales and got beat by JMM. Cotto beat himself by not having the ability to throw a combination in their fight, despite knocking Manny's head back several times, he never followed up with a hook or straight.

He's a ton of fun to watch, but he hasn't done much to impress me seeing how the only fighter he faced that had fight left in him (JMM), kicked his ass.

frankenfrank
03-09-2010, 08:57 AM

no . wlad got KO'd twice , and not even by the best of fighters , floyd ducked almost every elite opponent at 147.
floyd's achievements against common opposition with pac are definitely lesser.
pac may be still underrated if anything.

kessler is the most overrated fighter of the last decade if anything.
but it depends on the ranking place.
those overrated/underrated threads are a hit almost every time.

Junito-Rulez
03-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Cristobal Arreola, Calvin Brock, Eddie Chambers. P-Will, Kessler, Calzaghe and Marco Huck.

The_Demon
03-09-2010, 09:41 AM
wlad
pwill
cotto

Roy Keane
03-11-2010, 12:41 AM
cotto,hatton,pavlik,jones,hamed