View Full Version : Which win is most important for Big George?

tyger
03-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Winning the undisputed heavyweight title by destroying the unbeaten Joe Frazier-(Frazier was the only man to have beaten Ali!)

OR

The miracle stoppage of undisputed champion Michael Moorer almost 22 years later!(at the young age of 45)

Which is the biggest win?

ManniePhresh
03-04-2010, 05:31 AM
still the battering of one of my all time favorite boxers joe frazier

sonnyboyx2
03-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Foremans stoppage win over Frazier was his most impressive career win followed by his annihilation of Ken Norton

Sugarj
03-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Yep, still the Frazier win.......even if he was a bigger underdog against Moorer.

I may be being a bit thick this morning but I fear that Moorer was unbeaten till he faced Foreman too.

tyger
03-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Yep, still the Frazier win.......even if he was a bigger underdog against Moorer.

I may be being a bit thick this morning but I fear that Moorer was unbeaten till he faced Foreman too.

Yes, Moorer was unbeaten, and he won the title by beating Evander.

TheGreatA
03-04-2010, 06:35 AM
The Frazier KO but the Moorer win redeemed him and cemented his status as a top 10 all-time great heavyweight.

bojangles1987
03-04-2010, 06:53 AM
"Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"

We all know that. Some of the most famous words in boxing history.

Silencers
03-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Probably the Frazier win but as TheGreatA said, the Moorer win cemented his legacy.

Sugarj
03-04-2010, 07:38 AM
He certainly earned more from the Moorer fight than the Frazier fight.

I wonder which win Foreman himself feels prouder of.

mrboxer
03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Winning the undisputed heavyweight title by destroying the unbeaten Joe Frazier-(Frazier was the only man to have beaten Ali!)

OR

The miracle stoppage of undisputed champion Michael Moorer almost 22 years later!(at the young age of 45)

Which is the biggest win?beating moorermthe frazier fight everone knew he was going to destroy the slow punching bob and weaving style of frazier,when he beat moorer it wass a great display of boxing,he used is jab,is hook ans kept patient,then when the chance arouse he threw the right and knocked moorer out boxing:

TBear
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
beating moorermthe frazier fight everone knew he was going to destroy the slow punching bob and weaving style of frazier,when he beat moorer it wass a great display of boxing,he used is jab,is hook ans kept patient,then when the chance arouse he threw the right and knocked moorer out boxing:

Everybody knew? I George admits himself he was afraid of Frazier going into that bout. Frazier was the big favorite before the fight.

And I thought Moorer was doing a number on George before George connected.

But it is amazing that George won the title title twice twenty years apart.

bklynboy
03-04-2010, 10:32 PM
beating moorermthe frazier fight everone knew he was going to destroy the slow punching bob and weaving style of frazier,when he beat moorer it wass a great display of boxing,he used is jab,is hook ans kept patient,then when the chance arouse he threw the right and knocked moorer out boxing:

Frazier was slow moving?

And, if I remember correctly Frazier was the odds on favorite before the fight.

Obama
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Frazier fight was more important. Moorer fight was more shocking.

TOBYLEE1
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
The Moorer fight it kind of lessen the Jimmy Young and Tommy Morrison loses, it cemented him as one of the top HW all time. The way he dispatch Fraizer is almost as equal but the Moorer fight has more significance

JAB5239
03-05-2010, 04:40 AM
The Frazier KO but the Moorer win redeemed him and cemented his status as a top 10 all-time great heavyweight.

Probably the Frazier win but as TheGreatA said, the Moorer win cemented his legacy.

I agree with both these guys.