View Full Version : Energy Drinks

Round 1
05-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Most pro sport leagues authorize their athletes the consumption of sport energy drinks, mostly Gatorade, during their games.
Boxing Commissions, on the other hand , only authorize water to hydrate the fighters in between rounds.
These same commissions always tell us of all their innovative ways and ruleís changing/enacting in an effort to better protect the fighter.
Will providing the fighters with these energy drinks be more beneficial for both the fighter and boxing?
I donít see where the sport will suffer by hydrating the athlete with over the counter products.

adeelr
05-17-2005, 10:44 PM
its just to keep things simple. if they started dealing with other drinks, controversies might come up like drugs and other impurities in the drinks that enhance performance or some **** like that . its best if things are kept simple, water is enough to hydrate a fighter.

spinksjinx
05-17-2005, 10:51 PM
its just to keep things simple. if they started dealing with other drinks, controversies might come up like drugs and other impurities in the drinks that enhance performance or some **** like that . its best if things are kept simple, water is enough to hydrate a fighter.

Agreed.

But Gatorade and all sports drinks like that gave me cramps when exercising.

I believe those sports drinks are all hype anyways, some have shown to replenish the body faster but a lot of it is just kool-aid on speed.

boxer2k5
05-17-2005, 10:53 PM
only thing i drink is addrenlyn stack from ABB

i ahavent had any in a few weeks but it gives me great ammout of energy

i dirnk half 30 minutes before i work out and sipt he rest while working out

Round 1
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM
We're talking the same drink for both fighters, what's good for one fighter is good for the other.

adeelr
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
what i meant was contamination of the drinks you know controversies like that. With water you cant do that, if you do its pretty easy to prove, but if you mix something with gatorade, its will be hard to argue with that stuff.

The Troll
05-18-2005, 12:28 AM
My favorite energy drink is Vodka mixed with red bull.

boxstarr
05-18-2005, 06:09 PM

you shuldnt be doing that. it can give yu a heart attack. shouldnt put the alcohol into your blood that fast especially using caffeine. also both substances dehydrate you so its all bad really. if you wanna be a boxer you should at least be healthier than that!

Tony Blitz
05-18-2005, 06:16 PM
When Redbull first came out I heard that a guy at a bar had way too much alcohol and redbull and ended up having a heart attack. But I'm talking tons of alcohol, not like a shot or 2 of vodka

boxstarr
05-18-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah thats prob true but it is a problem over here as so many people get paralytic every saturay and friday nights. they rollin around on the floor cant hold on to pavement but still manage hold on to the vodka redbulls. too many died that i heard of

DoubleTap`
05-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Drink water while exercising. It hydrates you enough. Gatorade is probably the best "energy drink" since it has a lot of sodium but don't drink it while you're exercising because it'll give you cramps, etc.

Red Bull isn't a good choice. It's full of caffeine and sugar. It's sweet and that will make your bones sore. In fact, if you have more than 2-3 cans a day you could have a caffeine overdose.

Round 1
05-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeap, football players are dropping like flies on the field due to cramps.

Manfredo Jr
12-21-2005, 01:00 PM
lmao ive never herd anything so silly
one speeds you up and one slows you down , im sure mixing them will have great afects ,Not lol