View Full Version : Ali is the Symbol of boxing all time

kdr
05-17-2005, 09:43 PM
hi guys , i believe that M.Ali become the symbol of boxing in all time it's a legend that never dies do you c that with me ??
who's ur legend fighter for you ??

wmute
05-17-2005, 10:16 PM
hopefully ppl will remember more ali than tyson, cos tyson is the main competitor for the symbol of boxing

adeelr
05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
noway is Tyson the symbol of boxing, he represents boxing in a very negative way, Ali is the true representative of the sport any day.

The Troll
05-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Tyson has more class than Ali. Tyson used to fight the old fashion style. He takes his beating and then comes in and gives out some of his own. Would you rather be in a confined space with Mike Tyson or Cassius Clay.

czars_salad
05-18-2005, 12:46 AM
noway is Tyson the symbol of boxing, he represents boxing in a very negative way, Ali is the true representative of the sport any day.
tyson is the representation of evil

Shaolin Bushido
05-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Man, I wrote a nice article(I thought) about the man. He's become an icon but I must admit he wasn't perfect; he had faults.

But his supreme confidence and poise when the pressure was on is unmatched. He not only would come out each round with the will, confidence and fire to win ... he never failed to find another gear when the chips were down.

The losses late in his career are akin to the **** we see over and over again with champions who we marvelled at for 10-15 years who inevitably leave with less than typical for them results.

They should be discounted in all cases. Ali, in his prime, was the G.O.A.T.!!!

czars_salad
05-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Man, I wrote a nice article(I thought) about the man. He's become an icon but I must admit he wasn't perfect; he had faults.

But his supreme confidence and poise when the pressure was on is unmatched. He not only would come out each round with the will, confidence and fire to win ... he never failed to find another gear when the chips were down.

The losses late in his career are akin to the **** we see over and over again with champions who we marvelled at for 10-15 years who inevitably leave with less than typical for them results.

They should be discounted in all cases. Ali, in his prime, was the G.O.A.T.!!!
what G.O.A.T.?

Shaolin Bushido
05-18-2005, 12:58 AM
GREATEST OF ALL TIMES!!! :boxing:

The Troll
05-18-2005, 01:30 AM
tyson is the representation of evil

No Tyson is not the representation of evil. He actually has alot of class, alot of the **** he does is all an act to sell tickets.

After he lost to Holyfield. His promoters and **** wanted him to make up some excuses. Tyson said "he fought a good fight" Showtime said "it looked like he headbutted you" Tyson said "yeah well I probably headbutted him too" Tyson said "I am not the one to make excuses he fought a good fight." Hardly ever fighters accept defeat without trying to make some excuse.

Cassius Clay would never show that kind of class.

No-Mas
05-18-2005, 10:03 PM
After he lost to Holyfield...Tyson said "I am not the one to make excuses he fought a good fight." Hardly ever fighters accept defeat without trying to make some excuse.
Cassius Clay would never show that kind of class.

I guess you never saw Tyson / Holyfield II.

When asked by Jim Gray why he bit a piece off of another human being , Mr. Tyson made excuse after excuse about Holyfield's dirty tactics. His most memeorable one was "How can I face my children?" He can't face his children because of Holyfield's tactics, but he can face his kids and tell them it's OK to bite people.

And you're right in comparing Tyson to Clay. Clay would never be so classy to bite another human. Biting another human is a class act, so I guess you are right, Tyson is much classier than Clay.

Subwayboy
05-19-2005, 05:29 AM
Mike Tyson was an animal who was tought class, and sometime even now that animal still comes out.
Ali was raised by a family (not saying that you can be classy if you were not raised by your family) and class was not something you learnt it was just something you had. So there is no animal to come out.

Look at tyson, when he is dressed up in a suit yeah he looked $1million buaks but it didnt suit him, as much as shorts and a singlet would.
Look at Ali he looked like he belonged in a suit even more than he did in the ring

The Troll
05-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I guess you never saw Tyson / Holyfield II.

When asked by Jim Gray why he bit a piece off of another human being , Mr. Tyson made excuse after excuse about Holyfield's dirty tactics. His most memeorable one was "How can I face my children?" He can't face his children because of Holyfield's tactics, but he can face his kids and tell them it's OK to bite people.

And you're right in comparing Tyson to Clay. Clay would never be so classy to bite another human. Biting another human is a class act, so I guess you are right, Tyson is much classier than Clay.

Yeah I have seen that interview, the guy has psychological problems. But I dont really think he is the animal you want to make him out to be.

NiGe2011
05-22-2005, 04:33 AM
One thing I do know is that the picture of Ali standing over Liston in their rematch in Lewiston is one of the most enduring sports images of all time, let alone boxing images.

kdr
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
hi guys
ali more then symnol for boxing it represent experience and power

tyson represent just power and this days many is better then tayson tyson is nothing today go and c lewis :p :boxing: :bottle:

majestiC
05-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Ali did so much to shutup the racists in boxing, they was all shellshocked how a black man was so confident and outspoke everybody! the man is a legend :D

The Troll
05-23-2005, 07:33 AM
One thing I do know is that the picture of Ali standing over Liston in their rematch in Lewiston is one of the most enduring sports images of all time, let alone boxing images.

That is why Ali is such a joke a media and a media whore. Watch Liston vs Cassius Clay II that fight is the most obvious looking dive I have ever seen. Cassius Clay is media hype city. But time magazine puts his stupid ass on top of the cover of their magazine.

Time Magazine=Garbage

George Bush= Time man of the Year.

jatt the ripper
05-23-2005, 08:19 AM
ali was voted the 2nd greatest sportsman ever! Simple as. Tyson aint even in ali's league as far as that is concerned. Maybe if tyson had kept his head and things happened differently in his life, that mite not be true, but it is. Ali was not only a great boxer he was a great spokesman for boxing.
If aliens landed on earth and we had to pick someone to meet them i would pick Ali (if he was in his prime).

czars_salad
05-23-2005, 08:33 AM
hi guys
ali more then symnol for boxing it represent experience and power

tyson represent just power and this days many is better then tayson tyson is nothing today go and c lewis :p :boxing: :bottle:
tyson is the representation of hannibal lecter without the brains, only savage

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-23-2005, 08:41 AM
I would say Lennox Lewis...

Lennox Lewis has always been my favourite fighter! He's everything A heavyweight champion should be, both in and out of the ring.

He was respectable, skillfull, had a HUGE!!! punch, and made it his mission to avenge defeats!

He didn't duck anyone, and took on ALL comers!

And from later watching some of his earlier fights I missed... I've grown to appreciate, he never really got out-boxed... Ever... He was always in control and that's what decides him as a true heavyweight great!

The Troll
05-23-2005, 09:01 AM
I would say Lennox Lewis...

Lennox Lewis has always been my favourite fighter! He's everything A heavyweight champion should be, both in and out of the ring.

He was respectable, skillfull, had a HUGE!!! punch, and made it his mission to avenge defeats!

He didn't duck anyone, and took on ALL comers!

And from later watching some of his earlier fights I missed... I've grown to appreciate, he never really got out-boxed... Ever... He was always in control and that's what decides him as a true heavyweight great!

Lennox Lewis is a boring jabbing whore. Who got dropped twice by b class fighters in McCall and Rahman. And Cassius Clay is the most egocentric primadonna media whore ever. Arturro Gatti should be the symbol for boxing, or maybe Marvin Hagler.

paul750
05-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Lennox Lewis is a boring jabbing whore. Who got dropped twice by b class fighters in McCall and Rahman. And Cassius Clay is the most egocentric primadonna media whore ever. Arturro Gatti should be the symbol for boxing, or maybe Marvin Hagler.
is this the same lennox lewis who blasted out donovan ''razor'' ruddock, who blasted out andrew golota, botha, grant, and scored that sensational knockout win over Rahman in their rematch, and is one of the very few fighters to have beaten every opponent he has ever faced?

The Troll
05-23-2005, 01:06 PM
is this the same lennox lewis who blasted out donovan ''razor'' ruddock, who blasted out andrew golota, botha, grant, and scored that sensational knockout win over Rahman in their rematch, and is one of the very few fighters to have beaten every opponent he has ever faced?

Lewis had a good punch. There is no denying that. He probably did hit harder than Tyson when he loaded up with the Right hand judging by Tyson's performance against Ruddock and Lewis.' But still I think overall Lennox Lewis was a boring fighter.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-23-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't understand you?... You say Lewis is ****... then you say Arturro Gatti is A+ Class???

zip
05-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I think he means that at times Lewis is not a entertaing fighter becasue he boxes and gatti is a great boxer because he always (well used to) went to war.

Lenox is a wonderful boxer and a very entertaing one if you really know boxing and more importainly, do boxing yourself.

The Troll
05-23-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't understand you?... You say Lewis is ****... then you say Arturro Gatti is A+ Class???

I said no such thing. I just think Arturo Gatti and Marvin Hagler represent the best sport of Prize fighting has to offer. Both are class acts and warriors and where you cannot say the same of Lewis who in my opinion is boring jabbing whore who was knocked out cold by B class fighters in Rahman and McCall.

paul750
05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I said no such thing. I just think Arturo Gatti and Marvin Hagler represent the best sport of Prize fighting has to offer. Both are class acts and warriors and where you cannot say the same of Lewis who in my opinion is boring jabbing whore who was knocked out cold by B class fighters in Rahman and McCall.
i wouldn't call Rahman and McCall b class fighters, they're certainly not A+ fighters, but they're still talented fighters, you can't say a fighter with as good a jab and overhand right as rahman possesses is b class, and McCall is also a very dangerous heavyweight with one of the best chins ever seen along with a very good right hand of his own, add to this the fact that lewis didn't take those fights serious until the rematches which he won, and you've got yourself a poor arugument

hellfire508
05-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Muhammad Ali is certainly the symbol of boxing. He is the face of the sport. Whenever i need inspiration or motivation, i think of Ali. He is my hero, not just for boxing, but for the man he was. He was a model for what we should all aspire to be. Mike Tyson doesnt deserve to be near the name of Ali.

Dempsey 1919
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
i agree. ali stood for courage, speed, flamboyancy, class, and greatness. he was the ultimate ticket salesman. the people he fought should be thankful that it happened because if they fought anybody else, they couldn't get the same amount of money they did.

not only is ali the symbol of boxing, he is the symbol of sports all-time. he is babe ruth, johnny unitas, and michael jordan rolled into one.

Frazier's 15th round
10-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Ugh, please don't call him a role model or hero. Dehumanizing your (black) opponents doesn't make you a hero in my eyes.

He had incredible talent, but he was simply cruel to his opponents, and he was a bigot.

Dempsey 1919
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
i said in another thread about jack johnson that nobody was perfect. the same goes for ali. yes he was a womanizer and all that but he did more for boxing (and sports) than everyone else put together! what you should really betalking about is frazier who still hates ali even after ali apologized on countless occasions. frazier said that he even wanted to push ali in the flame at the olympics! he said he deserved to light the torch more than ali lol. smokin' joe is great, but ali is by far THEE GREATEST!!!

Frazier's 15th round
10-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Frazier and Ali met at some event in 2002, where they hugged and talked for a little bit.

I don't think Frazier hates Ali anymore. He said that he prays every night for God to make Ali better.

Dempsey 1919
10-26-2005, 06:46 PM
well good for frazier, but ali is still the king of the art of pugilism.