View Full Version : PISSES PANTS at Fight Night Round 3

spinksjinx
05-17-2005, 11:27 AM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748455/vids_1.html

Jesus christ is all that can be said.

BadMagick
05-17-2005, 12:35 PM
No big deal. It's just an FMV sequence. What'll be really amazing is if they can make the in-game graphics look anywhere near that.

spinksjinx
05-17-2005, 12:40 PM
The full motion video sequences were comparable to the gameplay in Round 2. Considering the PS3 is using BluRay dvd (holding 50gig) I expect no less and possible more.

The Fix
05-17-2005, 04:33 PM
that looks insane :eek:

i cant wait for ps3 and fight night round 3

xrhythmxnxbluesx
05-17-2005, 04:47 PM
how much will the ps3 cost when it comes out??

abdiel2k3
05-17-2005, 05:11 PM
OMFG
i have been off games for a solid year or so now
games just dont excite me like they use too
eveyrhting just looks pathetic too me
but omg
this video has relit my firey love for video games
if this what the actually game play looks like
man
no
i still cant believe that is in fact what the game play will look like
im genuinly excited about these new systems now

TheBrownBomber22
05-17-2005, 05:16 PM
It wants me to login?, help i'm not registered to that site and want to see if it is that damn good(loved the fist two, but Konckout kings 2000 was the best).

jatt the ripper
05-17-2005, 06:26 PM
that is what it is going to look like. Obv it wont be exactly cuz when a punch lands dead on it doesnt zoom in or else you woodnt be able to see the fighter properly. but the PS3 will have the ability to have graphics like that. I guess i better start saving now, cant imagine how expensive its going to be.

Gerald
05-17-2005, 07:05 PM
This is insanely good - graphically a massive improvement on FN Rd2
Like SpinxJinx says - the cut sequences in that are pretty similar to the actual gameplay - if these videos are what the in-game is going to look like it's gonna be intense. I love the fluidity of movement - especially on the body punching

joeboxer
05-17-2005, 07:13 PM
This will be what the game looks like and I will tell you why.

When you see an into video for a ps2 game like "Toney Hawk" they use real footage and make a video file and then you play the game and obviously they can't have real footage of everything so it doesn't look like that at all.

In Fight Night rd2, the videos are based on instant replays that cannot be standard cut video's becasue there are so many different possibilities, so the video in the preview basically has to come from the game.

That's why I think that (except for the zoom in) this video will be what the game really looks like.

Now if they only get MIke Tyson and George Foreman in the game I will be happy.

spinksjinx
05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
The ps3 is the most powerful out of all of the systems especially with that bluray dvd disc that holds 50gigs of space. But it wont be fascinating unless it is properly put to use. I have seen screenshots of Madden 06 on XBOX and it looks just as phenomenol.

Damn all of these systems are offering something different it is hard to choose.

The Xbox360 will more or less be a media hub to do anything, basically a pc for a tv. So that kind of strays me away except their live capabilities will probably suck me in and kick the most ass.

The PS3 has the backing from all developers and will probably have the better games, but god damn the controller is so f-n ugly and just looks unbearable:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614736/img_2786347.html

But the power and capabilities is insane only if they put them to use, which means I dont want to see games on the ps2 ported over to the 360 or Revolution and looking remotely the same. When games are stacked on 50gig discs they shouldnt be altered.

The Revolution is an alternative to your regular gaming. It will feature free online capabilities with the ability to download all of nintendos past library of games for free or a small monthly charge. (how sweet is that) The controller is something that is being talked about and is supposed to be "revolutionary" it is supposed to respond to our movements so who knows.

Each console will offer totally something different and each new console will be great, and each stack up fairly well.

Now the killer is the prices it is "speculation" at this point it will look like this.

Revolution-$149.99-$249.99
PS3-$249.99-$299.99
XBOX 360-$349.99-$499.99

Considering the capabilities of each the prices are fair, I like the Xbox for sports games so hopefully they capatalize on that, but if the PS3 gets awesome online support comparable to xbox then that will give it an extra edge.

Which one will you be getting?

I will definately get the Revolution, since I already have a pc chances are I will pick up the ps3 instead of the 360.

Maybe though.

Everything just looks to damn good.

BadMagick
05-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Microsoft will lose it's ass if it retails over $300.

None of them are going to utilize the full capabilities. By the time they start programming for them, the new systems will be out.

I'll get the XBox if it's not over $300, simply for Halo 3. Then again, I'll probably wait for it, because they might offer special pack, and the price might have dropped a bit.

If the XBox retails over $300, I won't get it until it drops a lot. Then I might get the PS3 for MGS4, and other games.

tracylee
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748455/vids_1.html

Jesus christ is all that can be said.

Damn spinks...you had me all worked up..wondering who on earth would do such a thing! Just a game... :confused: Oh well....

spinksjinx
05-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Bad-Of course they wont be pushed to their full capabilities but they better offer some pretty stellar stuff. I wouldnt be surprised to see the xbox360 be priced above 300 for its capabilities. But a price drop would be in the near future, if it gets released in November then they will drop it when the other systems will be released.

Im a fan of neither game you speak of but totally see the understanding for picking one up. Halo 3 will be released when the revolution and ps3 is launched to gain an edge on sales again. (good strategy)

I wont be picking any system up as they are released, just to damn high especially when they will drop within months.

Ohh yeah games will be sold for $59.99 for the 360.

Tracy-I guess it is just a game but that is crazy what technology is getting into.

Im a nerd.

tracylee
05-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Bad-Of course they wont be pushed to their full capabilities but they better offer some pretty stellar stuff. I wouldnt be surprised to see the xbox360 be priced above 300 for its capabilities. But a price drop would be in the near future, if it gets released in November then they will drop it when the other systems will be released.

Im a fan of neither game you speak of but totally see the understanding for picking one up. Halo 3 will be released when the revolution and ps3 is launched to gain an edge on sales again. (good strategy)

I wont be picking any system up as they are released, just to damn high especially when they will drop within months.

Ohh yeah games will be sold for $59.99 for the 360.

Tracy-I guess it is just a game but that is crazy what technology is getting into.

Im a nerd.

Hey, my kid loves them too...she just traded her PS 2 in for an X-Box, and sometime soon she's gonna have to show me how to play the games she has. I'm sure I'll be buying some new ones for her upcoming B-day too! Those things are a killer at $50 a pop :eek:

spinksjinx
05-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey, my kid loves them too...she just traded her PS 2 in for an X-Box, and sometime soon she's gonna have to show me how to play the games she has. I'm sure I'll be buying some new ones for her upcoming B-day too! Those things are a killer at $50 a pop :eek:

Got Fight Night? :D

I try not to pick them up at $50.00 being in college im on a budget and will either download them or wait til a price drop. Only games I anticipate (which isnt to often) is when I will pay 50.

Fight Night Round 2 is the only game I play, I am to addicted to boxing.

tracylee
05-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Got Fight Night? :D

I try not to pick them up at $50.00 being in college im on a budget and will either download them or wait til a price drop. Only games I anticipate (which isnt to often) is when I will pay 50.

Fight Night Round 2 is the only game I play, I am to addicted to boxing.

She hasnt asked for that yet, but I fully expect her to after the trip to Memphis on June 18th!!! Then we'll both be playing :D Hey Spinks..did ST call you yet? I just talked to him and it's all a 'go'!

spinksjinx
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
She hasnt asked for that yet, but I fully expect her to after the trip to Memphis on June 18th!!! Then we'll both be playing :D Hey Spinks..did ST call you yet? I just talked to him and it's all a 'go'!

No, I wont be able to make it to Memphis. I shot ST a pm hopefully we can do it some other time.

I wish you guys the best of time though.

tracylee
05-18-2005, 01:22 PM
No, I wont be able to make it to Memphis. I shot ST a pm hopefully we can do it some other time.

I wish you guys the best of time though.

Damn, he just called me an hour ago and said that both you and BigPappy were a 'go'...that sucks Spinks! I was looking forward to meeting you and your lady :(

spinksjinx
05-18-2005, 01:29 PM
I wish I could have went, I received my syllabus from the class I am taking up and we have an exam that following Monday. With that and the teeth getting pulled it is just to inconvienent.

I feel bad giving ST the shaft though, considering he is providing us with such a great opportunity.

tracylee
05-18-2005, 01:34 PM
I wish I could have went, I received my syllabus from the class I am taking up and we have an exam that following Monday. With that and the teeth getting pulled it is just to inconvienent.

I feel bad giving ST the shaft though, considering he is providing us with such a great opportunity.

Hey, youre not shafting anybody..wisdom teeth are hell. Anybody thats been thru it or knows somebody that has understands I'm sure. will hate not meeting you and the lady though...maybe next time!

spinksjinx
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Hey, youre not shafting anybody..wisdom teeth are hell. Anybody thats been thru it or knows somebody that has understands I'm sure. will hate not meeting you and the lady though...maybe next time!

Definately next time, I will be going on vacation on Monday so that took a lot of my money. If there is a next time I should be able to fly and time wont be so much of an issue.

Looking forward to it, whats the chances of Roy coming back to Memphis? That would be a blast. :) (Roy fan)

Manny_P
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm defintely gettin the PS3. I hope it gots a good online stuff this time.

tracylee
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Definately next time, I will be going on vacation on Monday so that took a lot of my money. If there is a next time I should be able to fly and time wont be so much of an issue.

Looking forward to it, whats the chances of Roy coming back to Memphis? That would be a blast. :) (Roy fan)

Roy? I know youre not asking me..lol! :D Honestly, I've not heard a word about him doing anything other than commentating...but that doesnt mean he wont be in the ring again evuentally. He's bound to hear the call once again and climb back in

Real Deal
05-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Spinksjinx can U reply to my PM or not?

spinksjinx
05-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Tracy-Dont like Roy? I didnt either but he has grown on me a lot lately.

Real-Never received one.

tracylee
05-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Tracy-Dont like Roy? I didnt either but he has grown on me a lot lately.

Real-Never received one.

No, no..I LOVE him. Hell, everybody here knows that! :D

spinksjinx
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
No, no..I LOVE him. Hell, everybody here knows that! :D

Obviously I was in the dark, we should definately hit up his return if it is down south.

Real Deal
05-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Man something phony is going on with the PM thing, I rarely get replies now. Anyway I wanted to ask, if it's true that Felix Trinidad used to put his wrapped fists into icey water and then it would make the wraps solid?

spinksjinx
05-19-2005, 07:47 AM
Man something phony is going on with the PM thing, I rarely get replies now. Anyway I wanted to ask, if it's true that Felix Trinidad used to put his wrapped fists into icey water and then it would make the wraps solid?

I have heard some stuff about Felix hands getting wrapped but that was never one I have heard of. So I cant answer that one, sorry.

tracylee
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Obviously I was in the dark, we should definately hit up his return if it is down south.

You didnt know I disliked him? Wow, I thought it was a well known fact Spinks..but, then again, I dont expect you to keep up with me and my likes or dislikes, either. I've just taken alot of heat in the past cause of it, so I thought everybody already knew. :o

spinksjinx
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
You didnt know I disliked him? Wow, I thought it was a well known fact Spinks..but, then again, I dont expect you to keep up with me and my likes or dislikes, either. I've just taken alot of heat in the past cause of it, so I thought everybody already knew. :o

You never really express your favorites in your posts and dont rave about yourself, perhaps that is why I am in the dark.

tracylee
05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
You never really express your favorites in your posts and dont rave about yourself, perhaps that is why I am in the dark.

Youre right, I dont go on and on about myself..I'm not my favorite topic :D You just missed the posts I made in the past on Jones, thats all. ;)

spinksjinx
05-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Youre right, I dont go on and on about myself..I'm not my favorite topic :D You just missed the posts I made in the past on Jones, thats all. ;)

Looks like I have some researching to do. :D

tracylee
05-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Looks like I have some researching to do. :D

ah dont bother wasting your time with that Spinks...just know I dont care for him very much, okay :D

spinksjinx
05-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Might I ask why?

I didnt like him until recently but I have gotten my hands on a lot of his fights, after watching fight after fight he has grown on me. I love his leaping left hook lands it is sensational to watch.

tracylee
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Might I ask why?

I didnt like him until recently but I have gotten my hands on a lot of his fights, after watching fight after fight he has grown on me. I love his leaping left hook lands it is sensational to watch.

Conceit, arrogance and ego. But, I do like him much more now that he's kinda retired?

spinksjinx
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Looking past his attitude his skills was just phenomenol. His attitude doesnt bother me all that much and it is a breath of fresh air, most boxers thank god and yada yada yada. He was rather colorful, perhaps that is why I have grown a liking to him.

Quicktime
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96781308/K=Roy+Jones/v=2/SID=e/l=VDP/SIG=127l9uos4/EXP=1116617792/*-http%3A//www.hbo.com/av/hboppv/haircut_hboppv_ref.mov

Real Player
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96781308/K=Roy+Jones/v=2/SID=e/l=VDP/SIG=1238pus7l/EXP=1116617808/*-http%3A//www.hbo.com/av/hboppv/haircut_hboppv.ram

Watch that

YoungTurk
05-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Game looks amazing. It might have just been a sequence, but Kudo was saying thats what they're looking to achieve with this game. We shall see if they can live up to it. I just hope EA doesn't go unopposed on the PS3 and Xbox 2 like they have with the PS2 and Xbox. Competition makes everyone work harder.

spinksjinx
05-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Game looks amazing. It might have just been a sequence, but Kudo was saying thats what they're looking to achieve with this game. We shall see if they can live up to it. I just hope EA doesn't go unopposed on the PS3 and Xbox 2 like they have with the PS2 and Xbox. Competition makes everyone work harder.

I have a strong belief that this will be what the game will look like, with the technology each system is possessing it is very possible. Fight night and even the whole Knockout Kings series the cut scenes has always been from actual gameplay, and I feel this would be no different.

Boxing games have always looked pretty good.

gravity62
05-23-2005, 12:14 AM
I have a strong belief that this will be what the game will look like, with the technology each system is possessing it is very possible. Fight night and even the whole Knockout Kings series the cut scenes has always been from actual gameplay, and I feel this would be no different.

Boxing games have always looked pretty good.

I'm more worried about the animation than the graphics, and will fighters end up moving stiff like some other boxing games. The graphics will most likely look like that because the guy (Kudo) said it was running in real-time.

spinksjinx
05-23-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm more worried about the animation than the graphics, and will fighters end up moving stiff like some other boxing games. The graphics will most likely look like that because the guy (Kudo) said it was running in real-time.

In round 2 they moved more fluidly than 2004, so I assume that they wouldnt take a step back as they would probably use the same scheme in movement and such and just rev up the graphics.