View Full Version : Foreman vs Stewart: Was it as bad as it looked?

Derranged_
05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I sometimes post threads on this forum, asking my fellow boxing fans about fights which I have for some reason not seen but have heard and read alot about.

This fight inparticular caught my attention years ago when it happened and I have recently done some research on it. Looking at some pictures from the fight, George Foreman looked like he got badly beat up in this fight sustaining massive swelling and a broken nose but coming out the victor. He knocked Stewart down several times but was unable to finish the job. My questions to you guys are; was the fight as exciting as the pictures suggest? And if Alex Stewart was able to inflict that much damage on Foreman how come he didn't win the fight or knock big George off his feet? Lastly, does this fight solidify George Foreman's toughness and seemingly iron chin he exhibited most of his career?

Derranged_
05-17-2005, 02:39 PM
C'mon, aren't there any George Foreman fans on this forum?

Foreman
05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Foreman had Stewart in all sorts of trouble, but let up on him. He even looked to the ref to stop it because Stewart was in that much trouble. That is the one flaw in the "new" George, his compassion and not wanting to seriously hurt an opponent. As a result Stewart got of the hook. For some reason Foreman's face just blew up like a balloon. Sure Stewart was hitting him, but George had taken worse with out getting disfigured.

If anyone would be able to knock George off his feet, it wouldn't be Alex Stewart. Maybe the only person strong enough to knock out George Foreman is George Foreman.

partee
05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
who are the fighters who knocked Big George down?
I count Ali, Ron Lyle, Jimmy Young--anyone else?

Foreman
05-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Yep, only those 3 and two of those,Ali and Young, were stumbling exhaustion type knockdowns.

Tiredoldngrey
05-29-2005, 06:20 PM
In that fight George startyed strong and had Stewart down, I believe, 3 times in the first 2 rounds, may have dropped him in the third as well, or hurt him pretty good. At any rate Stewart kept getting up and George was punching quite a bit and got tired about the time Stewart began to clear his head. He featured movement around the ring and a steady diet of jabs and straight hands. He never really sat down on any punches- George had taught him to stay mobile- so as to hurt or kd george. He didn't win for financial reasons. Should be noted that late in thwe fight, trying to catch Stewart, Foreman landed a couple very hard very deliberate looking low blows.

speedbag
05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
I saw that fight in Las Vegas. Still got the T-shirt I bought in the Thomas Mack Center. Tiredoldngrey got it right. Foreman beat the crap out of Stewart in the first 3 or 4 rounds, but caved. Stewart survived and started picking George apart in the later rounds. He also hit him with some pretty hard shots, but George wouldn't fall. By the end, George could barely stand and his face was unrecognizable. But the knockdowns probably carried the cards to George.

the most fun was going to Foremans "training camp" in the Las Vegas Hilton. His open sessions were more of a gab fest, and he took questions from the crowd. Someone asked him "Who gave you the Worst beating you ever took?" and his answer: "The Judge in Divorce Court. I still haven't recovered"

Great sense of humor, great boxer, and IMO, a credit to the sport.

speed bag
http://www.speedbagcentral.com

Mr. Ryan
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Foreman's face was absolutely grotesque. He looked like a bleeding elephant. But he was a 40 something year old fighter taking on a prime contendor, knocked him down, almost out, took a fearsome assault and finished the fight as the winner. He earned that win and he showed his toughness and courage in the process.

Derranged_
05-31-2005, 01:09 PM
It's fights like this one, that solidifies George Foreman's legacy as being one of the toughest men to ever box in the sport. You just gotta to love GF for what he has done in boxing and in life. A success story to say the least.

Tiredoldngrey
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
To me this fight was interesting because it showed just how close beneath the surface the mean george of the 70s was lurking. Same with the Morrison fight, in which George landed a couple deliberate looking low blows, and againsta Canadian boxer (this is prior to fighting Holyfield) that George went after with clear malice on his face. Made me wonder how sincere his "transformation" really was.

dsh2005
06-07-2005, 02:01 PM
In that fight George startyed strong and had Stewart down, I believe, 3 times in the first 2 rounds, may have dropped him in the third as well, or hurt him pretty good. At any rate Stewart kept getting up and George was punching quite a bit and got tired about the time Stewart began to clear his head. He featured movement around the ring and a steady diet of jabs and straight hands. He never really sat down on any punches- George had taught him to stay mobile- so as to hurt or kd george. He didn't win for financial reasons. Should be noted that late in thwe fight, trying to catch Stewart, Foreman landed a couple very hard very deliberate looking low blows.
__________________________________________________ _____________

EXCELLENT POST

Derranged_
06-07-2005, 04:01 PM
__________________________________________________ _____________

EXCELLENT POST

What do you mean, he (Stewart) didn't win for financial reasons?

Slipx
06-24-2005, 06:33 AM
That is the one flaw in the "new" George, his compassion and not wanting to seriously hurt an opponent.
yeah, right..look at how foreman disposed of jameson/cooney:(maybe he just hates whites lol)
http://img194.echo.cx/img194/4981/foremanjabtomatocan9er.gif
http://img194.echo.cx/img194/121/foremanuppercutoncooney5gq.gif
cooney makes all white boxers look like hoes in these clips

uh yeah and jameson is a twat

into orbit goes the old mouthpiece,
http://img246.echo.cx/img246/9384/foreman4we.gif

dont put these in your sig..make your own

Foreman
06-24-2005, 05:14 PM
There were plenty of times in foreman's comeback where he looked to the ref to stop the fight becuase the other guy was in bad shape. He even did it in the Jameson fight, but that isn't in the clip you provided.

Slipx
06-24-2005, 05:30 PM
There were plenty of times in foreman's comeback where he looked to the ref to stop the fight becuase the other guy was in bad shape. He even did it in the Jameson fight, but that isn't in the clip you provided.
yeah, when judah looked at the ref in the spinks fight it reminded me of the jameson bout

Bozo_no no
11-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Anyone have a shot of Foreman's face from after this fight? It was swelled up like crazy.

KidBlackie
11-17-2005, 06:12 AM
[[[Looking at some pictures from the fight, George Foreman looked like he got badly beat up in this fight sustaining massive swelling and a broken nose but coming out the victor. He knocked Stewart down several times but was unable to finish the job.]]]]]]]]]]]]]
====================================

George had Stewert in all kinds of trouble early in their fight. After the KDs Stewert went into flight and fought a Holy style hit and run fight. Older George would tend to swell up pretty good in his fights and had a few scalp cuts that made his face look bad.

Stewert never budged George though his shots were sharp and prolific. George just wasn't fast enough to walk him down and catch him again. I thought Stewert probably edged George, but it wasn't like a King robbery or anything like that. I don't know why George never finished him off. Probably he just relaxed in a fight he thought he would win without hurting the guy any more. All of a sudden Stewert was back in the fight.

Morrison musta watched the Holy and Stewert fights, because he completely altered his style and showed excellent boxing skills and stamina to coast to an easy victory over the old man.

Moorer was too stupid and prideful to watch the Holy, Stewert, and Morrison fights and we saw what happened to any fighter who ever dared to slug it out with Big George.

BostonGuy
07-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Whole fight @17:00

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wa45IqLZ_lE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Old LefHook
07-07-2015, 10:06 PM
C'mon, aren't there any George Foreman fans on this forum?

Oh, sure. After all these years you are still not interested enough to watch the fight yourself, but are dying for the opinions of others. What is this?

The Old LefHook
07-07-2015, 10:11 PM
It's fights like this one, that solidifies George Foreman's legacy as being one of the toughest men to ever box in the sport. You just gotta to love GF for what he has done in boxing and in life. A success story to say the least.

Oh, yes, please, Mr-I-haven't-watched-the-fight-myself, tell us all about it now, will you? Oh, please tell us how it cements big Gerorgie's legend one more time from everything you have heard and every single photo you have viewed. Piss off!

Mintcar923
07-09-2015, 02:44 AM
Stewart appeared timid as he did in a few of his big fights.. George had him early but Alex survived and realized later in the fight he could be most successful by giving him angles and stinging him.. Save for the Rope a Dope this was obviously the winning formula against George.. I still can't believe he got the win.. Or the Shultz fight for that matter.. I like him, too.. But, lets face it.. He got a couple gifts in his career..

RINGG
07-09-2015, 03:17 AM
The older version of George needed to set his feet to throw his bombs. The way Morrison beat him was that he kept moving. You could hear his corner yell, "walk away" and Morrison kept George from setting his feet and getting off. Stewart did the same thing, as did Holyfield and Moorer... Though Moorer once forgot to and paid the price.

Ray Corso
07-09-2015, 03:56 AM
When Foreman returned weighing 30 pounds more than when he left ten years earlier he was matched carefully.
He fought all steppers and non punchers until he felt ready for Holyfield and Moorer but he thought he could get them to exchange enough to catch them.
The younger version wasn't as "mentally prepared" as the older one but the older one had alot of physical limitations also. Weighing in at 255-60 made him slow and unable to work in combination and made his defense weak and one dimentional.
The second coming of Big George was fun and gave boxing a boost but plenty of people thought it was a financial move only and a planned endeavor
void of competitive contenders. Most fans today would only know of two or three names he fought in his first 18 fight and those fellows were far beyond their best years. Frank Lux & Mike Jamerson.......really?

Everyone likes George including me but lets not go to far with the "comeback"
without those heavy hands he would have had a tough time with any well schooled boxer who used lateral movement.
Ray

Last Round Baby
07-09-2015, 04:46 AM
i always trip out seeing a 10 year old thread haha

Anthony342
07-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Stewart appeared timid as he did in a few of his big fights.. George had him early but Alex survived and realized later in the fight he could be most successful by giving him angles and stinging him.. Save for the Rope a Dope this was obviously the winning formula against George.. I still can't believe he got the win.. Or the Shultz fight for that matter.. I like him, too.. But, lets face it.. He got a couple gifts in his career..

I guess him getting screwed in the Shannon Briggs fight was considered some form of payback then.

BKM-2010
07-09-2015, 09:59 AM
I think the reason Foreman's face swelled up so bad aside from the punches he was taking was that his corner did a horrendous job of controlling the damage but to be fair to them, it looked like Foreman was too arrogant to sit down and have them apply eye irons on his face the full duration of the breaks.

I mean Dundee put the irons on his face for like 10 seconds even when his face was in balloon mode. It was ridiculous.

billeau2
07-09-2015, 01:50 PM
When Foreman returned weighing 30 pounds more than when he left ten years earlier he was matched carefully.
He fought all steppers and non punchers until he felt ready for Holyfield and Moorer but he thought he could get them to exchange enough to catch them.
The younger version wasn't as "mentally prepared" as the older one but the older one had alot of physical limitations also. Weighing in at 255-60 made him slow and unable to work in combination and made his defense weak and one dimentional.
The second coming of Big George was fun and gave boxing a boost but plenty of people thought it was a financial move only and a planned endeavor
void of competitive contenders. Most fans today would only know of two or three names he fought in his first 18 fight and those fellows were far beyond their best years. Frank Lux & Mike Jamerson.......really?

without those heavy hands he would have had a tough time with any well schooled boxer who used lateral movement.
Ray

I agree. I always find it kind of silly to compare versions...Big George, as opposed to mean george was a novelty. Yes he was willy and always a threat...heck right now I think he might clean Vlad's clock...But mean George was a Liston trained protegee who would be a handful, be on a short list...Big George was as you say limited...Defensively he would hide behind his belly and that cross handed D that Archie Moore seemed to bring to the table. I will say this: I wouldn't want to try to tag big Georges egg, having to get through the belly....but at that time he was hardly a counterpunching threat.

juggernaut666
07-10-2015, 06:12 AM

Ray

Wrong again ray....Foreman had no defense in the 70's ,and no stamina ....his biggest attribute was size over THEN the much smaller opposition ,excluding Lyle where he was saved by the bell...speed was not a factor ,he timed his punches without wasting them unlike the 70's Foreman who had little technique and wasted many .

"Foreman in his 40's wouldve beat Foreman in his 20's,he became a better fighter .He became a thinker ,he timed his shots and picked them which also gave him more stamina.He also utilised his jab better ,he did slow a bit but i dont think it was a big factor because he shortened up his punches,that Foreman would have still lost to Ali,but it would have been a closer fight" A. Dundee

"I was a one trick pony in my youth ,in my comeback i paced myself and was bigger and stronger " G.Foreman

How anyone could think the weaker chinned ,less power,less stamina,non intelligent 70's Foreman was an improvement over better chin/power and smarter Foreman is beyond me.....and ray Foreman is known moreso for his gutsy Holyfield fight where at one point he took 15 /20 shots in a row "Something 24 year old Foreman would never pull off" and the Moorer fight ,not Mike Jameson as one of his first 18 comeback fights.......:birthday:

billeau2
07-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Wrong again ray....Foreman had no defense in the 70's ,and no stamina ....his biggest attribute was size over THEN the much smaller opposition ,excluding Lyle where he was saved by the bell...speed was not a factor ,he timed his punches without wasting them unlike the 70's Foreman who had little technique and wasted many .

"Foreman in his 40's wouldve beat Foreman in his 20's,he became a better fighter .He became a thinker ,he timed his shots and picked them which also gave him more stamina.He also utilised his jab better ,he did slow a bit but i dont think it was a big factor because he shortened up his punches,that Foreman would have still lost to Ali,but it would have been a closer fight" A. Dundee

"I was a one trick pony in my youth ,in my comeback i paced myself and was bigger and stronger " G.Foreman

How anyone could think the weaker chinned ,less power,less stamina,non intelligent 70's Foreman was an improvement over better chin/power and smarter Foreman is beyond me.....and ray Foreman is known moreso for his gutsy Holyfield fight where at one point he took 15 /20 shots in a row "Something 24 year old Foreman would never pull off" and the Moorer fight ,not Mike Jameson as one of his first 18 comeback fights.......:birthday:

I want to compliment you on your strategy of waiting until the adults stop posting to post your innanities.

NChristo
07-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Oh, yes, please, Mr-I-haven't-watched-the-fight-myself, tell us all about it now, will you? Oh, please tell us how it cements big Gerorgie's legend one more time from everything you have heard and every single photo you have viewed. Piss off!

You realize he posted this 10 years ago right ?, the video wasn't on Youtube till 2 years ago and maybe he didn't have any way too watch the fight back then.

juggernaut666
07-10-2015, 11:28 AM
I want to compliment you on your strategy of waiting until the adults stop posting to post your innanities.

I dont need strategy to expose the dolts around here ,you included when i simply have more knowledge ,experiance and most important common sense than you do...... :lol1:

Ray Corso
07-10-2015, 11:52 AM
..............."I have more knowledge ,experiance and most important common sense than you do...... !!!!!.............hahahaha seriously?

Your a joke on a boxing forum that makes you invisable in a real boxing gym.
If you brought your additude and mouth into a gym it would take a mere minute or two to have your thoughts "reproccessed"!
You telling me about boxing is ridiculous, your better off with your fairytales;

"my daddy was a world judo champion"
"my uncle trained Bowe"
I KO'd a Wlad spar mate"

WELL jackoff are you going to address this BS or not????

Speak up boy!

The Old LefHook
07-10-2015, 12:43 PM
..............."I have more knowledge ,experiance and most important common sense than you do...... !!!!!.............hahahaha seriously?

Your a joke on a boxing forum that makes you invisable in a real boxing gym.
If you brought your additude and mouth into a gym it would take a mere minute or two to have your thoughts "reproccessed"!
You telling me about boxing is ridiculous, your better off with your fairytales;

"my daddy was a world judo champion"
"my uncle trained Bowe"
I KO'd a Wlad spar mate"

WELL jackoff are you going to address this BS or not????

Speak up boy!

The real tragedy is you addressing him.

Ray Corso
07-10-2015, 12:55 PM
..."tragedy"? isn't that abit to serious for jugernutz?

....just having fun winding the little fellow up, he needs attantion thats the only reason he's here.
Why does it bother you what I say? Theres alot of people here who seems to want to "question" peoples ethics instead of just talk boxing.

Anyone who wants to talk **** to me can do so in person if they care to.
I'm easy to find in fact I'll give perfect directions. Hell I told lil' juggy I'd pick him up at any Florida airport!
Time for lunch, maybe some fishing and then a ride on the Beach Rd.
Try relaxing kids, and juggy still waiting for the answers to my questions.

The truth will set you free boy!

Ray

juggernaut666
07-10-2015, 01:45 PM
The real tragedy is you addressing him.

The real tradedgy i proved him wrong on this ACTUAL topic whats even worse ...is ray claimed to be a Legendary trainer yet no one has ever seen him,i have at least shown i am real,he has not because he isnt,he likes to ask and lurk for other peoples personal info though which makes him the most pathetic poster on this site,all thses years here and no one has seen the all mighty ,no nothing corso but insists others to reveal evidance ,oh and ray if you want to play you can come to me as i refuse to waste time with a loud mouth 70 year old ............ :doh:

Ray Corso
07-10-2015, 02:32 PM
..........."my daddy was a world judo champion"
"my uncle trained Bowe"
"I KO'd a Wlad spar mate"

Well boy no answer yet?
You posted this crap, remember?
These are YOUR words, not mine.

Well why can't you comment? hahaha your words are meaningless here....
Ray

Mintcar923
07-10-2015, 04:02 PM
I do wonder what would have happened if the young George had challenged Evander.. He'd have been much quicker..

billeau2
07-10-2015, 05:56 PM
I dont need strategy to expose the dolts around here ,you included when i simply have more knowledge ,experiance and most important common sense than you do...... :lol1:

Now junior you were doing so well....like I said, dissapear because the adults are posting now....got it?

juggernaut666
07-11-2015, 03:12 AM
Now junior you were doing so well....like I said, dissapear because the adults are posting now....got it?

More nonsensicle spat...you have no more to offer...go back and review my responses and learn like a good LACKEY which you are and always will be UNDER me.........:wave:

billeau2
07-12-2015, 11:26 AM
More nonsensicle spat...you have no more to offer...go back and review my responses and learn like a good LACKEY which you are and always will be UNDER me.........:wave:

Trying to sneak in under the wire internet tough guy? your responses are all in response to being exposed, what can I learn from that? I have learned you are not for real, like virtually all internet tough guys. When your BS is exposed you try to bully, when that does not work you just react to people who are your superiors....YOU follow the trajectory perfectly. You are hammered down slowly but surely and thats the way to deal with your ilk.

jiopsi
07-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Stewart should've won, Foreman only scored the knockdowns because of the two obvious low-blows.

juggernaut666
07-14-2015, 03:27 AM
Stewart should've won, Foreman only scored the knockdowns because of the two obvious low-blows.

As usual spot on with this .

juggernaut666
07-14-2015, 03:28 AM
Trying to sneak in under the wire internet tough guy? your responses are all in response to being exposed, what can I learn from that? I have learned you are not for real, like virtually all internet tough guys. When your BS is exposed you try to bully, when that does not work you just react to people who are your superiors....YOU follow the trajectory perfectly. You are hammered down slowly but surely and thats the way to deal with your ilk.

.It takes a handful of posters in this section including you to TRY and discredit me...KEEP TRYING ......:bryce:

billeau2
07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
You are an azz and on some fundamental level you know that.... Anyone who resorts to internet tough guy routine is a pathetic loser, case closed.:bottle:

juggernaut666
07-17-2015, 01:25 AM
You are an azz and on some fundamental level you know that.... Anyone who resorts to internet tough guy routine is a pathetic loser, case closed.:bottle:

Nope..and name where and when idiot.....have the mods delete this one too...COWARD!

billeau2
07-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Nope..and name where and when idiot.....have the mods delete this one too...COWARD!

You gonna tell your daddy on me?! bwahhaha! benny tore you a new azhole on that one...so by my count you must be swiss cheese by now...more azzhole than other parts, thats about right.

Still an internet tough guy? Juggy let me tell you something...if you ever came a cropper of me we would be a modern family because you would have two daddys! Bwa haha! :bottle:

billeau2
07-17-2015, 07:00 PM

BTW....DON'T BLAME THE MODS jackazz. Ray Corso posts under his name, and nothing is stopping you from using PM functions with me (as I have stated many times) if you were serious...If I wanted a piece of someone on the site and was low IQ such as yourself I would PM them with my complaints and threats (if I threatened people). And I would not tell daddy that my feewings were hurted on the intraweb.

You make some very dangerous assumptions jackwad. If your cowardly rhetoric is to be believed, you assume that getting into an altercation is a problem solving technique. I don't fight for sport. I have trained guys that do, its not what I do. You display all the arrogance and stupidity of a cowardly bully.

I have never asked anyone to delete any posts, stop acting like a victim when you are asking for it... grow up junior.

juggernaut666
07-21-2015, 08:08 PM
BTW....DON'T BLAME THE MODS jackazz. Ray Corso posts under his name, and nothing is stopping you from using PM functions with me (as I have stated many times) if you were serious...If I wanted a piece of someone on the site and was low IQ such as yourself I would PM them with my complaints and threats (if I threatened people). And I would not tell daddy that my feewings were hurted on the intraweb.

You make some very dangerous assumptions jackwad. If your cowardly rhetoric is to be believed, you assume that getting into an altercation is a problem solving technique. I don't fight for sport. I have trained guys that do, its not what I do. You display all the arrogance and stupidity of a cowardly bully.

I have never asked anyone to delete any posts, stop acting like a victim when you are asking for it... grow up junior.

Again NOPE...and you follow me around like a stranded puppy ,so I guess you like the abuse.:dead:

billeau2
07-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Loser alert! Juggernuts is back in the board to absorb some more smacks upside the dome! But don;t hit em too hard or he will tell his daddy.

The Old LefHook
07-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Loser alert! Juggernuts is back in the board to absorb some more smacks upside the dome! But don;t hit em too hard or he will tell his daddy.

I like Ray's list of unsubstantiated Jughead boasts. Kind of keeps ol' Head in perspective for the wonder of all.

On the other hand, the boy and his ol' man are the two toughest guys I have ever heard about. No doubt I have seen tougher, but I have never heard of anyone tougher.

The kid must have a Daddy like Tyson Fury's. I would wear glasses with little mirrors, if I were you.

I have put the entire Lefhook family on notice that we may have a gig coming up in the immediate future. Let me know as soon as you hear something definite from Head regarding dates and location. I can only assume that he is too busy with all the arrangements to substantiate his boasts in a way that will calm Ray.

I also think it is time for Head to bring his daddy onto the forum and let him speak. If he turns out to be a mild mannered man we will know the whole thing is a cruel hoax, and I can tell the family the gig is off.

billeau2
07-22-2015, 08:09 AM
I like Ray's list of unsubstantiated Jughead boasts. Kind of keeps ol' Head in perspective for the wonder of all.

On the other hand, the boy and his ol' man are the two toughest guys I have ever heard about. No doubt I have seen tougher, but I have never heard of anyone tougher.

The kid must have a Daddy like Tyson Fury's. I would wear glasses with little mirrors, if I were you.

I have put the entire Lefhook family on notice that we may have a gig coming up in the immediate future. Let me know as soon as you hear something definite from Head regarding dates and location. I can only assume that he is too busy with all the arrangements to substantiate his boasts in a way that will calm Ray.

I also think it is time for Head to bring his daddy onto the forum and let him speak. If he turns out to be a mild mannered man we will know the whole thing is a cruel hoax, and I can tell the family the gig is off.

They would go through this forum like the intro to the old batman series Biff! there goes Billa, Bam! Ray is flying (insert other onammona Pia) there goes a mod...or two.

Now an interesting match would be Jugs and his ole man against Charlie Z and his ole man. Charlie Z's dad is quite the fighter, Russian Navy I believe and he backs his son up.

My ole man is an ex Marine...but at 91 his reflexes are just not there. But badassery runs in my family Lefty, litteraly! growing up as a minority in East Harlem I would RUN home from school everyday! As I ran a faint utterance could be heard from passer byers stating: "there goes a true badazz, those Ricans better hope he does not turn around.

The Old LefHook
07-22-2015, 09:01 PM
They would go through this forum like the intro to the old batman series Biff! there goes Billa, Bam! Ray is flying (insert other onammona Pia) there goes a mod...or two.

Now an interesting match would be Jugs and his ole man against Charlie Z and his ole man. Charlie Z's dad is quite the fighter, Russian Navy I believe and he backs his son up.

My ole man is an ex Marine...but at 91 his reflexes are just not there. But badassery runs in my family Lefty, litteraly! growing up as a minority in East Harlem I would RUN home from school everyday! As I ran a faint utterance could be heard from passer byers stating: "there goes a true badazz, those Ricans better hope he does not turn around.

I never met anyone who could repeat my granddaddy's trick. He could hold a broom stick out in front of him and jump over it with both feet. After jumping over it forwards, he would then jump over it backwards. It must take a pretty good circus performer to do that trick, but Granddady was just an injun sawmill worker who bought a bar. He won a lot of money with that trick.