View Full Version : Cotto vs Abdulaev

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
05-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Muhammad Abdullaev of Uzbekistan will take on undefeated WBO Junior welterweight champion Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico at Madison Square Garden on 11 June.

It should be noted that Abdullaev already faced Cotto in 2000 at Sydney Olympics and Cotto seeks revenge for the Olympic gold medal won by Abdullaev.

jpboxer3
05-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I'l go with Cotto by late round KO.Abdulaev was a experienced successful amatuer,but has yet to show anything special as a pro,while Cotto has.Even though I do pick Cotto by KO,it wont be lopsided.Abdulaev does have the skills to last and make it a chess match against Cotto,but Cotto's Pro experience will win it late for him in the end.

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Wow. are you serious man I mean you said abdulaev didnt show anything speacial. i thnk you shoul take a lot at hes record, http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=037886
And i agree with you, maybe Cotto is talented. but i think abdulaev will give hard time to Cotto.
remember cotto's last fight?

TheBrownBomber22
05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I'l go with Cotto by late round KO.Abdulaev was a experienced successful amatuer,but has yet to show anything special as a pro,while Cotto has.Even though I do pick Cotto by KO,it wont be lopsided.Abdulaev does have the skills to last and make it a chess match against Cotto,but Cotto's Pro experience will win it late for him in the end.

Can't argue with that.

welshwales
05-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Cotto will get KTFO anyone fancy a bet? I only have pennies at the mo ;)

Manny_P
05-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Cotto by KO. This foo will taste canvass no doubt bout that!

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
05-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Woo, i guess cotto have alot of fans.
Maybe you guys are right, but I think Abdulaev will knock out Cotto. Abdulaev got the heart, and this is the only chance to go the top.

Felix Trindad vs Winky
Alot of people thout trindadn will knock wicnky out. But you see i didnt look at that way. I wath when shane and winky (1) fought, Winky out boxed shane mosley. and i wached when Shane fought with Oscar (1) then i watch oscar vs trindad. Trinad did not knock Oscar out. so.. this is how i knew Winky will win..

Winky pass the big test
So will Abdulaev.

You newer know :)

kevvy1979
05-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Cotto by Ko round 3

EvilMark
05-21-2005, 08:43 PM
I think Cotto can TKO this guy in 6 round,

majestiC
05-22-2005, 01:12 PM
got a feeling that cotto may end up on his arse in this match, he was v.lucky to get away with his last fight!

Diricul
05-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Wow. are you serious man I mean you said abdulaev didnt show anything speacial. i thnk you shoul take a lot at hes record, http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=037886
And i agree with you, maybe Cotto is talented. but i think abdulaev will give hard time to Cotto.
remember cotto's last fight?Look at his opposition. He wasnít tested yet. And Cotto has great experience as pro yet. I agree Abdulllaev will give hard time to Cotto but Cotto has more chances to win.Maybe you guys are right, but I think Abdulaev will knock out Cotto. Abdulaev got the heart, and this is the only chance to go the top.Abdullaev got the heart. Itís necessary to go to the top but not enough. The last Mohammadís fight Iíve seen is the Feliciano fight. He goes to exchange with a pleasure and itís bad because he can work from the distance better. He has some technical problems such as his block isnít enough monolithic and when he does left bodyshot he opens himself too wide. Iím afraid Mohammad needs better trainer who will be able to make him disciplined and tactically skillful.Felix Trindad vs Winky
Alot of people thout trindadn will knock wicnky out. But you see i didnt look at that way. I wath when shane and winky (1) fought, Winky out boxed shane mosley. and i wached when Shane fought with Oscar (1) then i watch oscar vs trindad. Trinad did not knock Oscar out. so.. this is how i knew Winky will win..

Winky pass the big test
So will Abdulaev.Mohammad isnít Winky yet. Wright is a much better tactician. May be Abdullaevís tactics skill grew up since Feliciano fight. If he will trade punches with Cotto heíll fall until 8th round. If he will work from a distance he can win.

Diricul
05-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Mohammad needs to go to the body and to the head. And always move. No one of Miguel previous opponents did it good. He should let his hands fly and do series because Cotto sees single punches well.

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
05-30-2005, 10:31 AM
http://miguelcotto.com/video/index_video.htm
Olympics. Abdulaev vs Cotto,
cotto looks so weak in there. Maybe its because hes young.

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
05-30-2005, 10:39 AM
You are right Abdulaev is not Winky. And he dont have alots of technecs, hes fighter. he prusures you.
I thout Cotto got lucky when he fought with Demarcus. But we will see what happen with Abdulaev.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't think Cotto will have too many problems with Abdulaev.

I think Miguel Cotto is an exceptional fighter, and is going to go on to be a hall of fame fighter! I've got a lot of confidence in the kid!

A few of these fighters - Abdulaev/Pinto can claim to have beaten Cotto in the amatuers, but Cotto is a professional fighter now, and his style and hard hitting is more suited to the Professional ranks.

Diricul
06-01-2005, 11:47 AM
And he dont have alots of technecs, hes fighter. he prusures you.
I thout Cotto got lucky when he fought with Demarcus. But we will see what happen with Abdulaev. Itís important to determinate what are we talking about. Is it a talk of funs about belief or itís a discussion of those whoís interesting what can really happen.
Cotto became a wild boar since their amateur match. Heís more physically strong than Mohammad now. If Abdullaev is as flippant as he was in the previous bouts he simply will be hammered in the ring until necks. If he will box and keep the distance he has decent chances.
I thout Cotto got lucky when he fought with Demarcus. Yes he got. But Mohammad was shaked also and not one time. Clottey, Feliciano... They arenít todayís Cotto. No one of Miguelís oppostion wasnít good enough except NíDou. Abdullaev never met even guys like dumb Bailey.A few of these fighters - Abdulaev/Pinto can claim to have beaten Cotto in the amatuers, but Cotto is a professional fighter now, and his style and hard hitting is more suited to the Professional ranks.Abdullaev is the last man who defeated him. Abdullaev can punch as hard as Cotto. And he isnít a coward like the majority of Miguelís opponents.

ghetto passport
06-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I missed the Abulaev-Feliciano fight. Did abdulaev get rocked in that fight or something?

ghetto passport
06-01-2005, 01:09 PM
After watching the olypmic footage of Abdulaev-Cotto, my question is how did Cotto lose? LOL!

He looked to be the more effective boxer. I can see how the fight will play out in the pros too. Cotto will be too fast for Abdulaev and will beat him to the punch all night long. Plus, Cotto is the bigger puncher and the stronger guy. Not looking to good for Mohammed... Cotto KO8 Abdulaev!

jchavez12345
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
cotto by early ko

masterdirector
06-01-2005, 05:12 PM
I am very confident that Abdullaev wins this one. Especially after seeing Cotto struggle at all with the power of Corley. Let's face it, Abdullaev DEFINITELY hits harder than Corley, regardless of what the dress-wearing Corley would tell you.

Abdullaev will win it, probably by knockout, though I could see a decision. I'm telling you, it will happen. I wish I had real money because this is the type of fight I've been waiting on to make my first real bet.

ghetto passport
06-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I am very confident that Abdullaev wins this one. Especially after seeing Cotto struggle at all with the power of Corley. Let's face it, Abdullaev DEFINITELY hits harder than Corley, regardless of what the dress-wearing Corley would tell you.

Abdullaev will win it, probably by knockout, though I could see a decision. I'm telling you, it will happen. I wish I had real money because this is the type of fight I've been waiting on to make my first real bet.

Abdulaev may have more power than Corley (maybe), but he doesn't have the speed of Corley. Speed is what set those shots up for Corley (that and his southpaw stance).

I doubt Mohammed hits much harder than Randall Bailey or Victor Sosa. Mohammed is just too slow, gets his too much, has no experience and his chin is questionable. Cotto will destroy him.

WikipediaAntonio
06-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Cotto by a fifth round knockout. If Abdullaev fell against whats his name, he probably will fall against Cotto. And lets remind people that Corley didnt fell Cotto and no one knows whatever became of the other guy that beat Abdullaev. It would be a monumentally historic moment, because Abdullaev would be Pakistan's first world boxing champion, but it wont happen.

And I dont buy that excuse that Abdullaev lost the referee's count. If his vision was ok he would have had no trouble seeing the referee's fingers. He was in another world after the punch that ko'd him.

ghetto passport
06-02-2005, 03:45 AM
Cotto by a fifth round knockout. If Abdullaev fell against whats his name, he probably will fall against Cotto. And lets remind people that Corley didnt fell Cotto and no one knows whatever became of the other guy that beat Abdullaev. It would be a monumentally historic moment, because Abdullaev would be Pakistan's first world boxing champion, but it wont happen.

And I dont buy that excuse that Abdullaev lost the referee's count. If his vision was ok he would have had no trouble seeing the referee's fingers. He was in another world after the punch that ko'd him.

The dude that ko'd Abdullaev went on to fight and lose horribly to (get this)... Ponchito Bojado.

Diricul
06-02-2005, 07:17 AM
I missed the Abulaev-Feliciano fight. Did abdulaev get rocked in that fight or something?Mohammad holds his hands not enough close one to the other so Feliciano landed many direct punches. There was some moments when Jessie had the possibility to land 6-8 punches in one serie.
I hope Abdullaev left that mistake in that fight.
I have this fight on my hard drive but I still donít have a right to upload it to the video section.The dude that ko'd Abdullaev went on to fight and lose horribly to (get this)... Ponchito Bojado.
Punchito is not simple. He's more talented than Abdullaev and Cotto. But he's lazy and overconfident.

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
06-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Uzbekistan not pakistan theres ****ing big difference.

ghetto passport
06-02-2005, 12:31 PM
damn, how many posts do you need before you can up/download fights?

the one message i read about this said it was 25, but that's obviously not true.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
06-02-2005, 01:15 PM
damn, how many posts do you need before you can up/download fights?

the one message i read about this said it was 25, but that's obviously not true.
It's 25 posts... Send a pm to Rick Reeno asking for access to the downloads page and he'll make it available to you. ;)

ghetto passport
06-02-2005, 07:17 PM
ok, thanks.

LuKahnLi
06-02-2005, 09:44 PM
What the hell. I will go with Abdullaev.

tracylee
06-02-2005, 09:56 PM
I'll be rooting for Cotto in this one. Both are good fighters that have alot of potential, but thankfully the amateurs are totally different from the pros!

masterdirector
06-03-2005, 02:29 AM
I can't wait until Abdullaev beats Cotto now, just so I can rub it in all the Cotto fans' faces. Can't believe there has been so much disrespect for Abdullaev. Hell, he didn't really lose to Clottey at all. Yes, he got careless and got dropped, no doubt. But knocked out? Hell no. Only people who didn't see that fight would say that, or complete f'n morons. Abdullaev got up WAY before the count of 10, but his corner signaled for him to take a knee. Well, he didn't understand English and got counted out, plain and simple.

My point is that Abdullaev is still basically undefeated. It might be a loss on his record, but it wasn't a real loss. Like Jones didn't really lose to Griffin.

I mean, I won't be shocked if Cotto does come away with the win, cause yeah. But Abdullaev will definitely give him more of a fight than people are expecting. Abdullaev is DEFINITELY more powerful than Cotto. New guy, ghetto fab or whatever, man, I hope you stick around after you're done leeching vids from Boxingscene. I think your analysis of Abdullaev is way off, but guess we'll see soon enough huh.

tracylee
06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I can't wait until Abdullaev beats Cotto now, just so I can rub it in all the Cotto fans' faces. Can't believe there has been so much disrespect for Abdullaev. Hell, he didn't really lose to Clottey at all. Yes, he got careless and got dropped, no doubt. But knocked out? Hell no. Only people who didn't see that fight would say that, or complete f'n morons. Abdullaev got up WAY before the count of 10, but his corner signaled for him to take a knee. Well, he didn't understand English and got counted out, plain and simple.

My point is that Abdullaev is still basically undefeated. It might be a loss on his record, but it wasn't a real loss. Like Jones didn't really lose to Griffin.

I mean, I won't be shocked if Cotto does come away with the win, cause yeah. But Abdullaev will definitely give him more of a fight than people are expecting. Abdullaev is DEFINITELY more powerful than Cotto. New guy, ghetto fab or whatever, man, I hope you stick around after you're done leeching vids from Boxingscene. I think your analysis of Abdullaev is way off, but guess we'll see soon enough huh.

I've got loads of respect for Abdullaev and happen to like him quite a bit. He's a very solid fighter and has alot of potential. I just like Cotto more and would like to see him win this one. It's nothing against Abdullaev...more about Cotto really.

`STEELHEAD
06-04-2005, 03:31 AM
we'll be able to see if cotto has exceptional power like alot of people think in this one. abdulaev isnt the fastest and he gets hit.but he has a good jaw and does have power. iv'e seen abdulaev fight a couple times on fnf and he beat the hell out of those guys with power and with unintentional headbutts. mohamed has a two inch reach advantage.

cotto was out of shape against corley. and that pathetic puerto rican ref. and those crazy fans. man american boxers should stay away from puerto rico. it may be worst than germany.

ghetto passport
06-04-2005, 04:49 PM

You're too emotionally attached to Abdullaev's sack to talk about him in an objective manner. No worries. In one week Cotto will destroy your hero and then you'll be here telling us how Abduallaev is still undefeated even though he's been KTFO twice now.

P.S. I haven't been able to access the downloads section. If u could give me a hand with that I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

.::EnRiQuE::.
06-06-2005, 05:03 PM
he got careless and got dropped, no doubt. But knocked out? Hell no. Only people who didn't see that fight would say that, or complete f'n morons. Abdullaev got up WAY before the count of 10, but his corner signaled for him to take a knee. Well, he didn't understand English and got counted out, plain and simple.

very true. i saw his fight wit clottey and he did get up but took a knee but didn't understand the count so he didn't get up in time. i had abdullaev winning before he got counted out. abdullaev will give cotto a tough time becuase i question cotto's stamina. he sucks all dat weight so by the 10th round he hands are low, he's breathing heavy, and gets hit often. i still think cotto will win but it will be VERY TOUGH

Benoit Gaudet
06-09-2005, 12:05 AM
yo i'm gonna actually go ahead and say Abdulaev by KO!

i've seen him fight before, and he's a problem, trust me...

he's got a real aggressive style a alot of pop...and I think cotto is still shook from chop chop...early ko, mark my words!

Deems36
06-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Cotto by KO

roberson2u
06-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Cotto by KO all the way to the bank

sonofisis
06-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Cotto is extremley overrated, his last fight was below impressive, and I hope he gets knocked out..

luisillo22
06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Cotto is overrated i dont think that he has actually fought any credible boxers. And in his last bought against Corley i saw that Cotto was shaken up a few times in the first few rounds.

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
06-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Cotto is extreply talaented. But abdulaev will knock him out. IF he cant do that Cotto will win as decion.

borikua
06-10-2005, 10:34 PM
I see there are a few ppl here talkin **** bout Cotto....lets see what happens tomorrow night..

ghetto passport
06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Abdulaev may have more power than Corley (maybe), but he doesn't have the speed of Corley. Speed is what set those shots up for Corley (that and his southpaw stance).

I doubt Mohammed hits much harder than Randall Bailey or Victor Sosa. Mohammed is just too slow, gets his too much, has no experience and his chin is questionable. Cotto will destroy him.

I'll just go ahead and quote myself for all the COTTO HATERS that were running their mouths.

For the guys that just picked Abby, then cool, because he fought a respectful fight, but for the ones that were doggin Cotto and doggin my assesment of Abdulaev before hand...EAT YOUR CROW!

ghetto passport
06-12-2005, 12:43 PM

I'm still here buddy and I plan to stick around...

tracylee
06-12-2005, 05:48 PM
I see there are a few ppl here talkin **** bout Cotto....lets see what happens tomorrow night..

Yep, I already discussed this with someone else, and apparently there is very little cotto can do to earn respect from some people. He did a fantastic job last night...gave a very exciting performance and not only won, but did enough to make a man quit in the middle of a rd. Cant ask for more than that!

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
06-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh man it was good fight.
Cotto migh go to hall of fame.
Cauze he made abdulaev quit.

Tha Greatest
06-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Oh man it was good fight.
Cotto migh go to hall of fame.
Cauze he made abdulaev quit.

You are a retard...Abdullaev ain't ****..

Manny_P
06-13-2005, 08:10 AM
You are a retard...Abdullaev ain't ****..

yea I agree. Abdulaev is a dangerous fighta. He coulda lasted if it wasnt fo his eye.