View Full Version : Xbox 360's FINAL FANTASY XIII only goes to 576P and not HD.

Ether
02-18-2010, 06:45 PM
confirmed.

While a top notch side-by-side comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII has yet to be published by any of the major gaming sites, we have the strongest indication (through analysis), that the PS3 version remains the superior of the two.

A user known as MazingerDUDE, who performs tasks for well respected analysis website Digital Foundry, has revealed that through a study of recent Xbox 360 and PS3 screenshots, that the 360 version actually runs at 576p, which is not HD resolution.

Furthermore, he has also provided a hi-res screenshot of the same image, for both versions of the game ***8211; just look at the differences for yourself.

If you still didn***8217;t know what version you wanted to pick up in March, you might do after hearing about this.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/2066/Final-Fantasy-XIII/p1/

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/02/18/final-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360-version-is-not-hd-576p-confirmed/

http://www.n4g.com/News-478406.aspx

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
confirmed.

While a top notch side-by-side comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII has yet to be published by any of the major gaming sites, we have the strongest indication (through analysis), that the PS3 version remains the superior of the two.

A user known as MazingerDUDE, who performs tasks for well respected analysis website Digital Foundry, has revealed that through a study of recent Xbox 360 and PS3 screenshots, that the 360 version actually runs at 576p, which is not HD resolution.

Furthermore, he has also provided a hi-res screenshot of the same image, for both versions of the game Ė just look at the differences for yourself.

If you still didnít know what version you wanted to pick up in March, you might do after hearing about this.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/2066/Final-Fantasy-XIII/p1/

www.product-reviews.net%2F2010%2F02%2F18%2Ffinal-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360-version-is-not-hd-576p-confirmed%2F&rct=j&q=final+fantasy+xiii+360+only+576p&ei=FcJ9S4X8G8T8nAfVrJXXBw&usg=AFQjCNErcKo2zNBQEk-Bocel1W-HpsVCRw&sig2=LToJPPTF9c7tz3oBxOd5jA

www.n4g.com%2FNews-478406.aspx&rct=j&q=final+fantasy+xiii+360+only+576p&ei=FcJ9S4X8G8T8nAfVrJXXBw&usg=AFQjCNGJW9GQndB-BKajbo88WrSAYmgKlw&sig2=dKAO21_8ouzhKdmESdiFPg

Eww Gross, the 360 version looks dreadful.

- v e t -
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
so much for those BS images SE released a while back...

:lol1:

either way, im not into the RPGs..

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh, by the way, here is GAMESPOT.COM's impression of it

After getting over the initial shock of playing a Final Fantasy game on the Xbox 360, we found it was difficult to tell the two versions apart. Both look spectacular, with the game's engine creating stunning vistas. As we walked around the environments, we could pick out all the details on our characters' clothes and see their hair floating around in the wind. Battles looked fantastic, with vibrant lighting effects filling the screen during summons. We were constantly reminded that the summons were fully rendered in real time, as it was often difficult to tell whether it was the game engine at work or a full-motion video sequence. Also of note is the lip-syncing during cutscenes. Character animations have been reworked for the English voice acting, so speech lines up perfectly. However, we noticed at this stage that the movies on the Xbox 360 suffered from more compression than on the PlayStation 3, while the Xbox 360 had an overall crisper image quality in the main game.

Thats GAMESPOT.COM, one of the biggest gaming sites in the world, who actually PLAYED the games, not some "user" named MazingerDUDE, who looked at some screenshots rofl!

http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx10/story.html?sid=6248500

checkmate18x
02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
360 usually has better visuals on crossplatform games so I doubt this is true. It's not like the same camera was used for both screenshots. I'll wait and see what the final verdict is.

Ether
02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Gamespot gave Mass Effect 2 a 9.0.. :D You're right, they ARE one of the top sites. Plus they were the only ones to have the balls to give the Zelda for Wii a 8.8. in which it did deserve. Their reviews to me are the most accurate.

But heres yet ANOTHER source, with actual screen shots as proof.

http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/ff13-lightning-1.jpg

http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/ff13-lighting-2.jpg

Don't kill yourself trying to make it up to par with PS3's... it's been confirmed it can only go up to 576P.

more sources:

www.gamespot.com%2Fps3%2Frpg%2Ffinalfantasy13%2Fsh ow_msgs.php%3Ftopic_id%3Dm-1-53557809%26pid%3D928790&rct=j&q=final+fantasy+xiii+xbox+360+576+p&ei=xc59S-VVzP6cB8aw4dcH&usg=AFQjCNFapsliM5dI8B_hL590hj6OBHfpIg&sig2=dKHpHzCb2ksGcwxv8v459g

www.gamefaqs.com%2Fboards%2Fgenmessage.php%3Fboard %3D928790%26topic%3D53557809&rct=j&q=final+fantasy+xiii+xbox+360+576+p&ei=xc59S-VVzP6cB8aw4dcH&usg=AFQjCNFYzfuSx9PAXtCX4OLg_2UAPso_yg&sig2=F7cdIZptV2QbKRlH6vXbow

$partacus
02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
The PS3 version also has 1080p cutscenes, the 360 has 720p.

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Gamespot gave Mass Effect 2 a 9.0.. :D You're right, they ARE one of the top sites. Plus they were the only ones to have the balls to give the Zelda for Wii a 8.8. in which it did deserve. Their reviews to me are the most accurate.

But heres yet ANOTHER source, with actual screen shots as proof.

http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/ff13-lightning-1.jpg

http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/ff13-lighting-2.jpg

Don't kill yourself trying to make it up to par with PS3's... it's been confirmed it can only go up to 576P.

more sources:

www.gamespot.com%2Fps3%2Frpg%2Ffinalfantasy13%2Fsh ow_msgs.php%3Ftopic_id%3Dm-1-53557809%26pid%3D928790&rct=j&q=final+fantasy+xiii+xbox+360+576+p&ei=xc59S-VVzP6cB8aw4dcH&usg=AFQjCNFapsliM5dI8B_hL590hj6OBHfpIg&sig2=dKHpHzCb2ksGcwxv8v459g

www.gamefaqs.com%2Fboards%2Fgenmessage.php%3Fboard %3D928790%26topic%3D53557809&rct=j&q=final+fantasy+xiii+xbox+360+576+p&ei=xc59S-VVzP6cB8aw4dcH&usg=AFQjCNFYzfuSx9PAXtCX4OLg_2UAPso_yg&sig2=F7cdIZptV2QbKRlH6vXbow

Which version is supposed to be better?

Oh, the PS3 version? Yeah I agree, the 360 version looks like a dogs dinner in comparrison, probably not worth buying.

This thread fails hard ether, no offence.

Ether
02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I know you're furious that it can only go to 570P. Because in your mind a console that is superior to another is supposed to look the same, right!

And you... lmfao, of all people talking about peoples threads...

dude, your choices of thread making and posts is what made peeps not want you in the Mafia. And leave it. No offense*

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 08:04 PM
I know you're furious that it can only go to 570P. Because in your mind a console that is superior to another is supposed to look the same, right!

dude, your choices of thread making and posts is what made peeps not want you in the Mafia. And leave it. No offense*

Lmao tossers, what threads were they not happy with?

:gives: what most of the Red Rep Bar trolls thought anyway, certainly not me lmao

You are the one who always gets upset when someone says something you don't like about ps3, even if the ps3 version does look a bit better, who cares, it will still be a good game.

Dont take things so personally my good man

Ether
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Lmao tossers, what threads were they not happy with?

:gives: what most of the Red Rep Bar trolls thought anyway, certainly not me lmao

You are the one who always gets upset when someone says something you don't like about ps3, even if the ps3 version does look a bit better, who cares, it will still be a good game.

Dont take things so personally my good man

No, unfortunately none of them had 'red rep bars' (lmfao, i like that) all of them are quality posters. And you say i get upset when I call you furious, i show you proof of what i'm trying to prove and now you say it'll still be a good game. No, kid.. i'm not pissed. I understand you're trying to make it seem so. But I see you constantly being called bias on here and you hate it.. so, my good man.. you stop taking things so personal. And basing how you post in all the other sections.. it seems you try too hard. If you think these last posts in this thread is me--upset, than wow. Quite sensitive are we lad?

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 08:20 PM

No, unfortunately none of them had 'red rep bars' (lmfao, i like that) all of them are quality posters. And you say i get upset when I call you furious, i show you proof of what i'm trying to prove and now you say it'll still be a good game. No, kid.. i'm not pissed. I understand you're trying to make it seem so. But I see you constantly being called bias on here and you hate it.. so, my good man.. you stop taking things so personal. And basing how you post in all the other sections.. it seems you try too hard. If you think these last posts in this thread is me--upset, than wow. Quite sensitive are we lad?

Well, you seem angry, if you are not then fair enough.

I am not angry either, you are coming across as angry, yet say you are not, perhaps it is the way we both type.

I think that this section should be used to discuss games, not troll and mock other systems, you are a very good poster when talking about classic games, and unbiased things

Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this.

Oh and please check my dome thread, i want to sort this out a bit quick.

Ether
02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Well, you seem angry, if you are not then fair enough.

I am not angry either, you are coming across as angry, yet say you are not, perhaps it is the way we both type.

I think that this section should be used to discuss games, not troll and mock other systems, you are a very good poster when talking about classic games, and unbiased things

Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this.

Oh and please check my dome thread, i want to sort this out a bit quick.

I agree that your brain might see my posts as coming across angry. but I need everyone who's reading this thread to check out his other thread. He is actually taking this **** to the '''dome''' ..and needed other peoples opinions on what I said to him here.. in the 'arcade talk'

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=358374

i almost am ready to apologize...

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree that your brain might see my posts as coming across angry. but I need everyone who's reading this thread to check out his other thread. He is actually taking this **** to the '''dome''' ..and needed other peoples opinions on what I said to him here.. in the 'arcade talk'

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=358374

i almost am ready to apologize...

I just seriously cannot belive that posts i made caused people to quit the mafia, and for the whole thing to eventually become some sort of "civil-war".

I seriously just want to know who was that offended by my posts, I seriously dont know what i'm supposed to have done lol.

I have always thought you were a good poster even though I do think you are biased, im not slagging you off in the dome, i just want to know who got upset, i think they may need help.

Ether
02-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Why do you care? it's old news and you're in that delusional ****** larry x's mafia now.

he has his posters and the VIP has theirs..

Earl Hickey
02-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Why do you care? it's old news and you're in that delusional ****** larry x's mafia now.

he has his posters and the VIP has theirs..

I actually left that group, I really cant be doing with it, I have no beef with Larry though, he gets carried away but he's ok

checkmate18x
02-19-2010, 02:53 AM
No need to argue, we all know 360 is better.