View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] Xbox 360 or PS3

Southpaw16BF
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I currently own a 360. But am really thinking about getting a PS3 slimline. I was thinkin about trading my xbox in and puttin like $150 towards it to.

But am I making the right move? How good are the PS3's? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

02-11-2010, 04:59 PM
PS3 does everything!!! but seriously they are awesome, i just put a bigger hdd in mine and i figured out how to stream from my laptop to PS3...still so much more i havent even learned how to do...and it plays games!

ny123
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SJ4LmijnhF8"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SJ4LmijnhF8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

???
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
PS3 is definatley worth it. Plus there are some good games coming out this year and online is free!

Ryn0
02-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I own all three, I play the Wii least (it's unplugged sitting in a corner haven't touched it for over half a year)

Xbox get used occassionally, for exclusives like Mass Effect and Halo etc. but it falls by the way side because I find my PS3 caters to all my needs, I use it every single day. I watch TV on it (PlayTV), I play games on it, I watch Dvds/Blu-Rays and run movies off it from the hard drive. I play online, I use BBC i-player (proberbly not relevant in the US), I casually browse the internet on it (even this site).

The selection of games personally is a lot better too for me. Using Metacritic and games that got above 85 (using that as a cut off point and exclusiding XBL and PSN games)

Xbox has (exclusively):______________Playstation has (exclusively)
Fable 2 (89)______________________Heavy Rain (89)
Halo 3 (94)________________________Metal Gear Solid 4 (94)
Forza 2 (90)_______________________ Uncharted 2 (96)
Forza 3 (92)_______________________Uncharted 1 (88)
Mass Effect 1 (91)__________________LittleBigPlanet (95)
Mass Effect 2 (96)__________________Killzone 2 (91)
Dead Rising (85)____________________God of War Collection (91)
Dead or Alive 4 (85)_________________ MLB 09: The Show (90)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (88)_________Demon's Souls (89)
Project Gotham Racing 4 (85)_________R & C: Tools of Destruction(89)
Left 4 Dead 1 (89)__________________R & C: Crack in Time (87)
Left 4 Dead 2 (89)__________________Valkyria Chronicles (86)
Gears of War 1 (94)_________________Resistance: Fall of Man (86)
Gears of War 2 (93)_________________Resistance 2 (87)
Call of Duty 2 (89)__________________Ninja Gaiden Sigma (88)
_________________________________InFamous (85)
_________________________________WipeOut HD (87)

In terms of anticipated confirmed upcoming exclusives Xbox has:
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Halo: Reach
Crackdown 2
Natal
Project Milo
Fable 3
Gears of War 3 (not yet confirmed but expected may be on xbox console after 360)

In terms of anticipated confirmed Ps3 exclusives it has:
God of War 3
Agent
Gran Turismo 5
The Last Guardian
Resistance 3
Killzone 3 (to be announced at e3 not formal yet)
Infamous 2 (to be announced at e3 not formal yet)
Final Fantasy 14
Final Fantasy 13 Versus
Modnation Racers
Playstation Motion Controller

Some will turn out to be flops, I really scoured the internet, I hope that helps.

J.R
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Slim for the win.

Earl Hickey
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Get both for ****s sake, they arent that expensive, and are botha about as good as each other.

Ryn0
02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Get both for ****s sake, they arent that expensive, and are botha about as good as each other.
Not everyone has $500 to spend freely (more than that if you want a higher end 360) not to mention the costs of another controller, wireless headset, xbox live, wireless adaptor for 360 (assuming your too far away from your router) and games.

Southpaw16BF
02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Not everyone has $500 to spend freely (more than that if you want a higher end 360) not to mention the costs of another controller, wireless headset, xbox live, wireless adaptor for 360 (assuming your too far away from your router) and games.

Yep excatly man. How much do you think I will get for a Xbox 360 with two pads, five games, a memory card, and a headset? And it's all in good condition?

one-Punch
02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Yep excatly man. How much do you think I will get for a Xbox 360 with two pads, five games, a memory card, and a headset? And it's all in good condition?

If you are planning on selling all of that, I wouldn't go to a game store. If you want references to the value of your gear, check on Ebay or Kijiji or something like that. There is a good chance you will find someone who is selling the similar items that you want to sell.

Again I warn you, avoid selling your 360's items to places such as EB games. You will get ripped gauranteed.

Southpaw16BF
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
If you are planning on selling all of that, I wouldn't go to a game store. If you want references to the value of your gear, check on Ebay or Kijiji or something like that. There is a good chance you will find someone who is selling the similar items that you want to sell.

Again I warn you, avoid selling your 360's items to places such as EB games. You will get ripped gauranteed.

Yeah, alot of people been tellin me that dude. Just in a bit of pickle at the min. Really want a PS3 slimline. But I don't want to be getting ripped off for my 360.

Am hopin to get around $150........Is that a big ask?

PR13
02-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I currently own a 360. But am really thinking about getting a PS3 slimline. I was thinkin about trading my xbox in and puttin like $150 towards it to.

But am I making the right move? How good are the PS3's? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

I had a 360 until it got the Ring of Death, that was it for me , so now I got a PS3 and I am very happy.

If you do get the PS3, get Uncharted 1 or 2, amazing game.

Southpaw16BF
02-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I had a 360 until it got the Ring of Death, that was it for me , so now I got a PS3 and I am very happy.

If you do get the PS3, get Uncharted 1 or 2, amazing game.

What are the difference's? And what does the PS3 have over the Xbox?

(Fowler)
02-11-2010, 08:59 PM
ps3 my dude

PR13
02-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Just trust me, is worth it, besides a Blu-ray, it has alot of great exclusives like, Uncharted, God of War III, Heavy Rain... etc... look them up. Even Final Fantasy XIII will be better on PS3 because of all the space you get in a Blu-ray disc, the same game will be ported to the 360 in 3 discs because is dvd, no disc swapping in PS3.

Go to gametrailers.com and check those games I mentioned earlier. Amazing stuff.

Earl Hickey
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM

I own both

Ok, the PS3 has a few advantages, biggest is Blu-Ray discs, which is awesome if you like films.

The PS3 also has better graphics CAPABILITIES (i have never seen any difference in reality)

The ps3 has free online gaming which is good.

The 360 has some advantages

XBOX live is much better than PSN

Xbox has SLIGHTLY better games (in my opinion)

Xbox has better multimedia **** if you connect it to your pc

Really, all it comes down to is do you like metal gear solid or halo more lol.

PR13
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I own both

Ok, the PS3 has a few advantages, biggest is Blu-Ray discs, which is awesome if you like films.

The PS3 also has better graphics CAPABILITIES (i have never seen any difference in reality)

Get Uncharted 2 my friend, amazing graphics & check Heavy Rain if you want to see cutting edge graphics

-Hyperion-
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
wait, xbox has better multimedia than ps3???that sounds like bs.....

ps3 is multimedia personified.....

for the record, burning hd fights and playing them on the ps3 is awesome

Ryn0
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I own both

Out of interest what multimedia stuff does the xbox have that Ps3 doesn't when connected to a pc, other than need for a netflix disc as oppose to having it on the console.

To my knowledge you can connect both your xbox and ps3 to a media server and they do exactly the same thing (actually on PS3 you can use the media server to download movies wirelessly from your PC to PS3 though it is slow)

Earl Hickey
02-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Out of interest what multimedia stuff does the xbox have that Ps3 doesn't when connected to a pc, other than need for a netflix disc as oppose to having it on the console.

To my knowledge you can connect both your xbox and ps3 to a media server and they do exactly the same thing (actually on PS3 you can use the media server to download movies wirelessly from your PC to PS3 though it is slow)

As far to my knowledge it can't play Windows Media files, its not a huge difference, but for me i'd rather not have to convert a lot of stuff, however the 360 doesnt have MPEG capiabilities, and that ****s me off as well.

All i was trying to do was point out pros and cons of both, but i know a lot of people have difficulties being unbiased toward this topic.

-Hyperion-
02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
As far to my knowledge it can't play Windows Media files, its not a huge difference, but for me i'd rather not have to convert a lot of stuff, however the 360 doesnt have MPEG capiabilities, and that ****s me off as well.

All i was trying to do was point out pros and cons of both, but i know a lot of people have difficulties being unbiased toward this topic.

ps3 can play some variants of wmv encoded data........wmv is just the container though.....most wmv's come in some type of codec that is unreadable for ps3, but nonetheless, there are some that do run in it......

ps3 codec support>>>>xbox 360......

HDD upgradable...

you can register any FAT formatted drive.....(external hard drives)

better photo manager

printer support

not to mention the loud ass fan of the 360 kills the mood

no way 360 has better multimedia than ps3, end of.

BOLLOCKS
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
PS3, it has blue ray and a web browser.

Earl Hickey
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
PS3, it has blue ray and a web browser.

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

BOLLOCKS
02-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't play games. Anymore.

M Deezy
02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
i am a proud owner of BOTH lol
downsides to both as well as upsides
360 paid subscription
ps3 free online
the online community is better on xbox such as creating party chats and private audio chats.
ps3 does not allow that. only in certain game lobbies can u make a party. i love both though.
MY favorite games are for ps3 though
Uncharted 2 and MAG
both are amazing games and ps3 exclusives.

Dorian
02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
I have both, PS3 and 360. I recently hooked the PS3 up with HD cables and everything and damn that's when you really see the graphics.

If I were to get just one, I would go with the PS3 but since some top games come out for only one system sometimes, it really benfits to have both.

Earl Hickey
02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
I have both, PS3 and 360. I recently hooked the PS3 up with HD cables and everything and damn that's when you really see the graphics.

If I were to get just one, I would go with the PS3 but since some top games come out for only one system sometimes, it really benfits to have both.

Dorian, check out the fallout new vegas thread

Blue Heffner
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Sony specializes in hardware.
Microsoft specializes in software.

After paying for the system, then the games, you should have to pay to play online.

PS3 is the winner.

TheCheetah
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
PS3 all day!!

Earl Hickey
02-12-2010, 04:54 PM
PS3 all day!!

Please could you explain why, he asked for people to give him advice, and so far not many people actually have, but you are one of the best guys on the forum when it comes to games, so give him some reasons.

Biolink
02-12-2010, 05:34 PM
If you're big on online play, Xbox Live alone warrants getting the 360 over the Ps3.

If you're just getting it to play the games, then probably the Ps3. Ps3 won't crap out on you like an Xbox 360 WILL(Its only a matter of time before any Xbox starts having hardward malfunctions and you get the fvcking Red Rings or the White Screen of Death). The fact that it plays Blu-Ray movies are a plus. Ps3 also has free online play, but the Playstation Online Community really sucks compared to the Xbox Live community. Also some games may act a little funky on Ps3. I don't think developers have completely found out the capabilities of Blu-Ray yet

Sox8055
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
PS3!!

Why?

Well lets see.

It has free multiplayer gaming, an internet browser, Wi-FI!! Blu-Ray player! an a bad@ss support to not fail u like the crappy xbox 360!

If u have an xbox...seriously your wack if its not modded..I modded my sh1t long time ago and only use it play games that I dont want to shed out 60 bucks to buy, I go with PS3 for games that I want to pay 60 for...:bounce::nutkick:

one-Punch
02-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I own both

The only thing I disagree with here is the xbox having better games. I find PS3's exclusives to be much better than the 360's. I use to own a 360 and the only game I really liked which was an exclusive was Gears of War. Halo is nothing special. And Mass Effect is cool.

Games like MGS4, Warhawk, Uncharted 1 and 2, Demon souls, Resistance 1 and 2, KZ2 made me a fan of the PS3.

I just can't wait for Gran Turismo. That game is going to be awesome. Heavy Rain looks interesting also. Alot of people are talking about God of War 3 also, never played it, might rent it.

Earl Hickey
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
The only thing I disagree with here is the xbox having better games. I find PS3's exclusives to be much better than the 360's. I use to own a 360 and the only game I really liked which was an exclusive was Gears of War. Halo is nothing special. And Mass Effect is cool.

Games like MGS4, Warhawk, Uncharted 1 and 2, Demon souls, Resistance 1 and 2, KZ2 made me a fan of the PS3.

I just can't wait for Gran Turismo. That game is going to be awesome. Heavy Rain looks interesting also. Alot of people are talking about God of War 3 also, never played it, might rent it.

See I would disagree entirely.

The PS3 exclusives so far have largely dissapointed, we have had Little Big Planet, which was hyped up like hell, and sold about 2 copies. Then there was Heavy Rain, which was again hyped up like some 10/10 game, that would be the GOAT, it scored well, well below mass effect 2 that is.
Then we had M.A.G, this was shoved down 360 players throats, "loadsa players" sneered ps3 fanboys. 7/10

Killzone 1 and 2, Demons Souls, and resistance are all decent games, but no way in hell are they killer apps.

Metal Gear solid 4 is great, Uncharted 2 was great, but sales were dreadful. GTR looks like its going to be good, as does GOW3, but damn they took their sweet time.

In the meantime, 360 has Halo 3, which you may or may not like, but dont argue with the sales, Mass effect 1 and 2, Forza 3, Gears 1 and 2, and has been having a monopoly on DLC content, Fallout 3 and GTA4 were far superior on 360 for the 1st year of their life, oh sure PS3 got there in the end, but by that time those games were yesterdays news.

PinoyZoi
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
I'd say stick with your Xbox360, I mean what games do you plan on playing on your Ps3 Exclusively?

I would def want God of War 3, but I dont think its worth buying a system. Why play MAG if both consoles already have MW2?

Earl Hickey
02-15-2010, 01:32 AM
I'd say stick with your Xbox360, I mean what games do you plan on playing on your Ps3 Exclusively?

I would def want God of War 3, but I dont think its worth buying a system. Why play MAG if both consoles already have MW2?

There is only one game that matters. Fallout: New Vegas, and its on both consoles

one-Punch
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I dunno, I have just found that the 360 lacks exclusives, my own opinion. All of the exclusives I brought up were awesome games. Aside from warhawk, all of them got 9/10. But hey, out of all those exclusives I think Warhawk is the greatest online game I have ever played. Takes a while to get used to, but it is great and balanced. The new Warhawk they are talking about should be fun.

The only reason I own a playstation anyways is because of Gran Turismo. If it wasn't for this game, I wouldn't of bought a PS3.

For the TS, it's personal preference. This is the way I see it. If you want to play competitive gaming and get sponors and ****, get a 360. If you are a casual gamer like me, get a PS3. I also find the 360's online group very immature. I am not kidding either. I gave my old 360 to my little cousin, I randomly play it with him, and the rude little ****ing kids who play MW2 are unbelieveable. All you hear on that game is little kids screaming and singing and swaring and saying that you got owned (my lil cuz is probably one of them when I am not there lol). I find this is WAY less frequent on the PS3.

My favourite button on MW2 is MUTE. True story.

PinoyZoi
02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Ya I agree almost all the top games are usually in both platforms.

-Hyperion-
02-15-2010, 10:30 PM

The PS3 exclusives so far have largely dissapointed, we have had Little Big Planet, which was hyped up like hell, and sold about 2 copies. Then there was Heavy Rain, which was again hyped up like some 10/10 game, that would be the GOAT, it scored well, well below mass effect 2 that is.
Then we had M.A.G, this was shoved down 360 players throats, "loadsa players" sneered ps3 fanboys. 7/10

Killzone 1 and 2, Demons Souls, and resistance are all decent games, but no way in hell are they killer apps.

Metal Gear solid 4 is great, Uncharted 2 was great, but sales were dreadful. GTR looks like its going to be good, as does GOW3, but damn they took their sweet time.

In the meantime, 360 has Halo 3, which you may or may not like, but dont argue with the sales, Mass effect 1 and 2, Forza 3, Gears 1 and 2, and has been having a monopoly on DLC content, Fallout 3 and GTA4 were far superior on 360 for the 1st year of their life, oh sure PS3 got there in the end, but by that time those games were yesterdays news.

fanboy alert....................

and lol at your obsession with sales......good games are whats important.......

Earl Hickey
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
fanboy alert....................

and lol at your obsession with sales......good games are whats important.......

Yup, and 360 has more of em!

B.T.W i only mention sales, because ps3 fanboys are always talking about the ps3 and its games outselling the 360, and when i present cold, hard facts they accuse me of being a 360 fanboy.

$partacus
02-16-2010, 12:01 AM

Uncharted and MGS4 both sold over 3 million, Halo 3 and Gears 2 are the only exclusives on the 360 to sell more. Out of the games you mentioned for 360 only Halo 3, Gears 2 and Forza 3 are 360 exclusives. YOU FAIL

Earl Hickey
02-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Uncharted and MGS4 both sold over 3 million, Halo 3 and Gears 2 are the only exclusives on the 360 to sell more. Out of the games you mentioned for 360 only Halo 3, Gears 2 and Forza 3 are 360 exclusives. YOU FAIL

source please.

one-Punch
02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
source please.

Earl he was not lying to you. I know MGS4 sold OVER 4.5 million copies. And Uncharted 2 is nearing 3 mill. They are saying that it is going to pass 3 mill very soon.

Earl Hickey
02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Earl he was not lying to you. I know MGS4 sold OVER 4.5 million copies. And Uncharted 2 is nearing 3 mill. They are saying that it is going to pass 3 mill very soon.

Gears 1 and 2 both sold well in excess of 5 million, Fable 2 did like 4 million, Forza 3 did around 4 million too, yet he doesnt mention these.

any way im pulling out, i could debate this all day but there is no reasoning.

F l i c k e r
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
The point is this, all fanboyism aside. **** american point of views or jap point of views. This is what it comes down to.

You want great multiplayer: Xbox 360

You want FREE multiplayer: PS3

You want to talk to people without having them on your Friends lists: PS3

Better exclusives(unless your a fat geek who likes dungeons and dragons): PS3

High number of exclusives: 360

Bluray: PS3

More reliable: PS3

Increased number of japanese girls who will ride your dick: PS3

Ugly, frizzy haired, big nosed, dungeon dragon, elf language nerds who will ride your dick: 360

I'll let you choose which one to get. But thats what separates the two.

$partacus
02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Gears 1 and 2 both sold well in excess of 5 million, Fable 2 did like 4 million, Forza 3 did around 4 million too, yet he doesnt mention these.

Gears 1 isn't a 360 exclusive, forza 3 has sold just over 2 million, the latest number i can find for Fable 2 is 2.6 million which was in march 2009.

Forza 3 - http://www.videogamer.com/news/forza_3_overtakes_2_million_units_sold.html
Fable 2 - http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fable2/news.html?sid=6205975

MGS4 has sold 5 million - http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/02/07/mgs4-sells-5-million/comment-page-2/
Uncharted is close to 3 million - http://www.videogamer.com/news/uncharted_2_nears_3_million_sales.html

This clearly shows that your claim that MGS4 and Uncharted didn't sell well is complete BS and you are just making numbers up.

Irish Hitman
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
The point is this, all fanboyism aside. **** american point of views or jap point of views. This is what it comes down to.

You want great multiplayer: Xbox 360

You want FREE multiplayer: PS3

You want to talk to people without having them on your Friends lists: PS3

Better exclusives(unless your a fat geek who likes dungeons and dragons): PS3

High number of exclusives: 360

Bluray: PS3

More reliable: PS3

Ugly, frizzy haired, big nosed, dungeon dragon, elf language nerds who will ride your dick: 360

I'll let you choose which one to get. But thats what separates the two.

well dont get too offended (dungeon and dragons nerds)its only gaming I agree with everything else except the exclusives xbox has a lot of exclusives but only 4 really BIG title-Halo,Gears,Fable,Forza(there is prob more obvious ones but i cant think oh Mass Effect as well so 5) PS3 has uNcharated, MAG, Resistance,Littlebigplanet(so fun)Heavy rain(out next week i know)MGS4,God of war, So if you want better gaming expirience ie. graphic wise and story ps3 is to go but im not knocking 360 just my opinion, ive probably rambled on and most of ye havent read this but if you have ;)

F l i c k e r
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
well dont get too offended (dungeon and dragons nerds)its only gaming I agree with everything else except the exclusives xbox has a lot of exclusives but only 4 really BIG title-Halo,Gears,Fable,Forza(there is prob more obvious ones but i cant think oh Mass Effect as well so 5) PS3 has uNcharated, MAG, Resistance,Littlebigplanet(so fun)Heavy rain(out next week i know)MGS4,God of war, So if you want better gaming expirience ie. graphic wise and story ps3 is to go but im not knocking 360 just my opinion, ive probably rambled on and most of ye havent read this but if you have ;)

lol, I was just havin fun writing it. I'm tired of the 360 vs ps3 thing. Their so cheap now, just buy both.

But it's obvious what audience games like Halo and Fable are targeted for. And thats all people really talk about when discussing the 360.

Ps3 doesn't have a ton of exclusives. But their exclusives are better in terms of quality and content. And aren't targeted to a single audience which happens to be 3-5 million people (DoD and Star trek fiends).

PinoyZoi
02-16-2010, 08:17 PM

PLEASE everyone knows Japanese girls dig the Wii'ener more :)

one-Punch
02-16-2010, 08:47 PM

I am not trying to get into some type of fanboy debate. I have owned both systems. All in all, I could care less, I enjoy my Playstation 3. I was just confirming what he said. That is all...

PinoyZoi
02-16-2010, 10:12 PM
im addicted to Left4Dead series so I play my 360 most of the time.

Earl Hickey
02-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Gears 1 isn't a 360 exclusive, forza 3 has sold just over 2 million, the latest number i can find for Fable 2 is 2.6 million which was in march 2009.

Forza 3 - http://www.videogamer.com/news/forza_3_overtakes_2_million_units_sold.html
Fable 2 - http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fable2/news.html?sid=6205975

MGS4 has sold 5 million - http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/02/07/mgs4-sells-5-million/comment-page-2/
Uncharted is close to 3 million - http://www.videogamer.com/news/uncharted_2_nears_3_million_sales.html

This clearly shows that your claim that MGS4 and Uncharted didn't sell well is complete BS and you are just making numbers up.

LMAO, so you are not including gears because it is also on PC, MICROSOFT games for windows live.

Lmao ok well in that case metal gear solid 4 doesnt count for ps3 because its on iphone aswell you dumb ****!

-Hyperion-
02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
LMAO, so you are not including gears because it is also on PC, MICROSOFT games for windows live.

Lmao ok well in that case metal gear solid 4 doesnt count for ps3 because its on iphone aswell you dumb ****!

instead of rebutting about your blatant lying, you take one of his comments out of context and give it a terrible spin.........metal gear iphone isnt remotely the same as mgs4 ps3 gameplay wise......mass effect pc is the same, plus modding....
you should keep your bias out of the thread, like you promised...