View Full Version : My diet idea, need opinions

Tony Blitz
05-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Ok here is my diet idea, I need to lose some weight and I'd like to go on a diet with food I enjoy and not starve, here is my idea. I always wake up very late, like around lunch time. I can have either a chicken soup or oatmeal. For my dinner I'd have chili, since I can cook it in mass quantities and freeze it. Chili is high in protein, low in calories and at about 2g-7g of fat per serving depending on how much you make it. I train very often, hit the punching bag half an hour to an hour everyday, lift 10lb dumb bells while watching tv and doing sit ups, and an hour of step climbing on my machine. I was wondering, would my food menu for a diet be successful? Opinions please, thank you

spinksjinx
05-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Ok here is my diet idea, I need to lose some weight and I'd like to go on a diet with food I enjoy and not starve, here is my idea. I always wake up very late, like around lunch time. I can have either a chicken soup or oatmeal. For my dinner I'd have chili, since I can cook it in mass quantities and freeze it. Chili is high in protein, low in calories and at about 2g-7g of fat per serving depending on how much you make it. I train very often, hit the punching bag half an hour to an hour everyday, lift 10lb dumb bells while watching tv and doing sit ups, and an hour of step climbing on my machine. I was wondering, would my food menu for a diet be successful? Opinions please, thank you

No soup contains to much sodium and not enough nutrients remind yourself that you have to eat (of course in moderation) to lose weight and eat healthy is the key to dropping weight.

Flat out the best diet is plenty of water, lean white meats (chicken/fish/turkey) and fruits and vegetables.

FXXI
05-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Jinx is the man to listen to. That is exactly what i did and i lost 28 pounds total. Just eat natural and follow what Jinx said...lots and lots of water...fat melts away fast as long as you are working out.

Don't ignore the cardio either, get out and run.

Tony Blitz
05-12-2005, 11:33 PM
it would seem kind of hard to eat chicken/fish twice a day because I'd have to stock up on so much of it and I'm only 15, don't think my mom would want 30 chicken breasts in her freezer =P. Does turkey come portions or do I have to cook a whole damn sucker? What are some ideas of vegetables to eat? I usually have peas with everything but I was told that peas aren't very healthy.

spinksjinx
05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
it would seem kind of hard to eat chicken/fish twice a day because I'd have to stock up on so much of it and I'm only 15, don't think my mom would want 30 chicken breasts in her freezer =P. Does turkey come portions or do I have to cook a whole damn sucker? What are some ideas of vegetables to eat? I usually have peas with everything but I was told that peas aren't very healthy.

Walmart has skinless bonesless chicken breats in a bag, same goes for fish I am a big fan of cod...Fairly cheap as well.

Only eat LEAN ground turkey it comes packaged just like hamburger and tastes nice. If it isnt lean it can be contain lots of unwanted fat. But it is really good and cooks just like hamburger and tastes nice on the grill (even the foreman)

Vegetables any vegetables are good.

FXXI
05-12-2005, 11:38 PM
You can buy light canned tuna, it has about 36 grams of protein so its pretty nice as long as you like fish.

spinksjinx
05-12-2005, 11:40 PM
You can buy light canned tuna, it has about 36 grams of protein so its pretty nice as long as you like fish.

Dirt cheap as well, you can usually pick it up for like 30 cents a can. Mix it with some fat free mayo and it isnt to bad.

Tony Blitz
05-12-2005, 11:44 PM
I don't find a little tin of tuna fills me up enough, I don't think I'd take that into consideration as a meal, maybe if I'm not too hungry I'll have it. Thanks a lot for the help guys, I'll definetly go check out Wal-Mart now for what I need. Never knew they have that kind of stuff (^_^)

spinksjinx
05-12-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't find a little tin of tuna fills me up enough, I don't think I'd take that into consideration as a meal, maybe if I'm not too hungry I'll have it. Thanks a lot for the help guys, I'll definetly go check out Wal-Mart now for what I need. Never knew they have that kind of stuff (^_^)

Put the tuna on some whole wheat bread Sara lee has the best only 35 calories a slice and not enriched :)

Speedy Gonzales
05-14-2005, 07:37 PM
WHATT?!?!??!!

Dude he is only 15!!!

You shouldn't diet at this age, this is when your body releases all your growth homrones (spurts) and you need to eat as much as possible without "pigging out" too much.

At this age, the only thing you might need to worry about is making sure you workout and (though some may disagree) lift weight so that you release more growth spurts.

NOW I KNOW that MOST BOXERS here would disagree since this would lead to weight gain, BUT THIS IS HEALTHY WEIGHT.
WE STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TALL THIS KID COULD END UP GROWING AND WE DON"T WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM BEING A SHORT GUY (OR SHORT REACH BOXER)

I KNOW in boxing you want to be the least weight possible with maintained strength, BUT SINCE HE HAS NOT STOPPED GROWING THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

Remember Tony, your main job now is SCHOOL and GROWTH (What are you doing waking up at 12? GOTO SCHOOL!)

P.S. I know that Spinks may diasgree at first, but make sure that YOU DRINK MILK!!!

You are still growing and milk will help bones grow.

SPINKS - I know you think milk is bad an all, but he is still growing so whatever high calorie problem you think milk has, his young, body will make up for it since growth = higher metabolism.

DoubleTap`
05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
WHATT?!?!??!!

Dude he is only 15!!!

You shouldn't diet at this age, this is when your body releases all your growth homrones (spurts) and you need to eat as much as possible without "pigging out" too much.

At this age, the only thing you might need to worry about is making sure you workout and (though some may disagree) lift weight so that you release more growth spurts.

NOW I KNOW that MOST BOXERS here would disagree since this would lead to weight gain, BUT THIS IS HEALTHY WEIGHT.
WE STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TALL THIS KID COULD END UP GROWING AND WE DON"T WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM BEING A SHORT GUY (OR SHORT REACH BOXER)

I KNOW in boxing you want to be the least weight possible with maintained strength, BUT SINCE HE HAS NOT STOPPED GROWING THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

Remember Tony, your main job now is SCHOOL and GROWTH (What are you doing waking up at 12? GOTO SCHOOL!)

P.S. I know that Spinks may diasgree at first, but make sure that YOU DRINK MILK!!!

SPINKS - I know you think milk is bad an all, but he is still growing so whatever high calorie problem you think milk has, his young, body will make up for it since growth = higher metabolism.

I agree. Drinks lots of milk and water. I'm 14, I'm not doing any hardcore dieting either and I'm doing great. Oatmeal and salads don't hurt though. ;). Just don't eat junk food and workout as much as you can. For me, I go to the gym about every second day and do some weight lifting when I don't go. Then I just chill on the weekends. And remember to work on your cardio. Go and run in the mornings if you have a little spare time or whenever. Personally, I like running in the morning.

spinksjinx
05-14-2005, 07:47 PM
WHATT?!?!??!!

Dude he is only 15!!!

There are much better sources of calcium.

Dont all into the hype.

Speedy Gonzales
05-14-2005, 09:33 PM
There are much better sources of calcium.

Dont all into the hype.
If there all i would like to know.

Even the best CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS in PILLS are comprised of calcium lactate, EXTRACTED FROM MILK, and you would need to takes like 3 servings of those to get the benefits of about one glass of milk.

spinksjinx
05-15-2005, 12:26 AM
I get my calcium needs from solid foods.

Tony Blitz
05-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Well if I would be eating either chicken/fish with a side of vegetables, drinking my water and taking my vitamin pill in the morning how would that affect my growth? I mean, wouldn't doing that everyday being considered "eating healthy" rather than "dieting?" Bunch of protein, calcium, some carbohydrates and vitamins and minerals, how would that be considered bad for my growing? And I'd really not want to be the weight I am now, it's really bad for my age and will give me problems in the near future. I'd rather lose it now while I'm young than struggle when I'm older.

jatt the ripper
05-15-2005, 06:14 AM
milk is bad but also good so thats why when i drink it i warm it up on the stove first. I remember that warming it up takes some of the harmful stuff out of it, so if you HAVE drink it and you should since your 15, you should warm it up first.

when i was 15 i didnt really care about my weight. Obviously i tried to keep slim and fit but i made sure i was focused on passing school. Only during the summers did i go on extensive exercise and eating program. Well the point is you'll have plenty of time you get fit and slim but you only gonna have one chance of passing school, unless your from america in which case you can retake i think? but do you really want to do that?

hope that helps