boxer2k5
05-12-2005, 06:18 AM
i throw light punches when i spar also
when i do its intentional though

i like to mix it up

leff
05-12-2005, 08:24 AM
lack of defence.

bad footwork and that my guard disapears when im tired.

triggerhappy
05-12-2005, 08:59 AM
my only weakness is i always feel bad when i hit someone real hard.

dionysusolympus
05-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Currently, reverting to a partial martial arts stance (even while shadow boxing). I also have a tendency to turn into a southpaw (from my orthodox stance) a lot naturally (again, from martial arts).

I also have to build my strength and aerobic conditioning since I've just begun boxing. But that's for later...

boxer2k5
05-13-2005, 12:16 AM
my only weakness is i always feel bad when i hit someone real hard.

yous a clown boy

Speedy Gonzales
05-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Currently, reverting to a partial martial arts stance (even while shadow boxing). I also have a tendency to turn into a southpaw (from my orthodox stance) a lot naturally (again, from martial arts).

I also have to build my strength and aerobic conditioning since I've just begun boxing. But that's for later...

If you feel more comfortable in the southpaw stance, I see NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

Do what works for you in stance, as long as your hands are up, you're in balance, and you're not too squared up.

Also, by the first "martial arts stance", do you mean you are too sideways? If so that is a good thing so that your midsection will not be exposed.

Do what works as long as there is nothing "bad" like dropping hands, etc.

DoubleTap`
05-14-2005, 08:31 PM
My footwork needs some work but my weakness is probably endurance, I tire out pretty easy so I start to catch and counter AND that needs some work. :ugh:

.::EnRiQuE::.
05-14-2005, 09:00 PM
i have ALOT of trouble who do that pop-shotting ****. its frustrating cuz you usually can't see the shot coming.

Floydmayweather
05-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I drop my left when i am in control of a fight and get taged sometimes.

random guy
05-16-2005, 02:49 AM
I have either real good or real bad defense, it sucks

Machiavelli
05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
In-fighting. I haven't really mastered throwing combinations from close quarters. I've got a short reach so I should be good at it but I prefer to box on the outside or in between.

Dyl-G
05-18-2005, 01:35 AM
throwing hooks and moving to my left

Dyl-G
05-18-2005, 01:35 AM
at the same time that is

kapersky
05-18-2005, 02:17 AM
mentaly toughness, i mean how do you train it?. i alway have weak mentally, i think what if the guy knock me down?, i will feel terrible in front off my friends etc. i just cant take a loss or got hit badly or atleast not lesser than i hit him. if he hit me and i cant hit back i will fold all bad things will come to my mind(i will got nock down, be humiliated so on...) :mad:, any advices?...

Machiavelli
05-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Every amateur boxer is going to lose except for a few exceptions. Losing rounds in fights or sparring is all part of learning. You have to leave the ego outside of the ring, hard I know, and just focus on brushing up on technical skills. Generally its learned boxing skills which make great fighters not who's tougher or stronger.

Just stay calm even under pressure in the ring. You will look more of a fool if you get flustered. If you get hit hard and look calm its more impressive than if you go off the rails and try to kill your opponent.

kapersky
05-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Every amateur boxer is going to lose except for a few exceptions. Losing rounds in fights or sparring is all part of learning. You have to leave the ego outside of the ring, hard I know, and just focus on brushing up on technical skills. Generally its learned boxing skills which make great fighters not who's tougher or stronger.

Just stay calm even under pressure in the ring. You will look more of a fool if you get flustered. If you get hit hard and look calm its more impressive than if you go off the rails and try to kill your opponent.

yep i should try to think like that ;), though i got a glass chin so.. i really dont know if i can take a solid punch and still stand up and look calm :D. but still i am so afraid to got knock down or knock out by the smaller guy, its all about mentaly toughness.

jatt the ripper
05-18-2005, 12:20 PM
i tend to look at the floor and dont keep my eyes on the man when i try and move, weave and bob out of the way of his punches.

boxer2k5
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
keep a good jab on me and im a sucker
lmao

msocearnaigh
05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I change my orthodox stance when my shoulder starts to feel like a lead weight.ikeep my chin wide open.Ikeep my stance too wide to move back when Im countered.i hold my breath in a clinch,the list goes on and on...

triggerhappy
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
my belly is my weakness.It take me a long time to recover from a belly shot.

EXIGE
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
I have so many weaknesses its untrue. But so does everyone. Even the pro's. I believe that my strengths outweight my weaknesses though overall. So i would say i am quite a good boxer, if you compare me to others in my club.

My main weaknesses are:
-I do that chicken thing where when you have your guard up your elbows are out so my body isnt properly protected.
-My range still hasnt been properly discovered, so i go to hit someone, miss, then they hit me.
-I tend to go into a shell if i get hit too much.
-My legs go heavy after a while in the ring.
-My head movement isnt good enough to get on the inside properly. It is OK but not quite good enough.
-I tend not to move then counter or move and throw a shot at the same time properly. I need to work on that.

Strengths:
-Power, straight up power. I hit as hard as a lot of the taller people in my club if not harder, and i am constantly warned not to use it.
-Good defence on face.
-Reasonably good reactions.
-Hand Speed.
-Accuracy is good.
-Fitness is good, can last against the biggest opponents in the club.
-Ground work i always win (cos im my club its a race to do the exercises laid out on the board in the quickest time. This builds strength quicker).
-Can take good shots to both body and head.

Ive probably missed a load of stuff out, but those are the ones i can think of right now.

kmac
08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
When i throw to the body I leave my head exposed for too long

CUFreeze
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
exig3- is that you in the picture? how old are you man?

CUFreeze
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
My biggest weakness right now is keeping my damn hands and wrists healthy. I have small wrists and have hand hand injuries in the past from other sports. This has caused me a few problems while training.

EXIGE
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
exig3- is that you in the picture? how old are you man?
Im 17.

I think i look small and young in that picture because my arm is just touching on the table. but thats cos my chair isnt adjusted. My chair goes so high it wont fit under the table. Although i am small in real life so....

Inf3rn0
08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Im 17.

I think i look small and young in that picture because my arm is just touching on the table. but thats cos my chair isnt adjusted. My chair goes so high it wont fit under the table. Although i am small in real life so....

true,
nice fridge
and you look like your slouching?

EXIGE
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
true,
nice fridge
and you look like your slouching?
Possibly.

The pic didnt exactly make me any worse off with the women/girls on this site though, so im not complaining.

Popeye
09-01-2005, 01:21 AM
my defense, but I make up for it with a good chin...

leff
09-01-2005, 04:21 PM
im very open for counters when i do combos.

also my footwork aint too good because of injuries

puppy_dogg
09-01-2005, 04:22 PM
bodyshots...

RAESAAD
09-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I am a sucker for hot chicks thats my only weakness.

tino
09-01-2005, 05:16 PM
my chin altough when my neck got bigger it changed a bit . never been KOed but i was easy to stun , i learned to hide it so most guys tought i had a good chin .

myke_test1
09-01-2005, 08:42 PM
I tend to want to counter punch alot and being 5'10 and sparring guys 6'3 and up its not really good i guess......and i tend to throw more body shots then i do Head shots for some reason i dont' like throwin to the head

My trainer said my other weakness is that i don't know when i have a guy hurt i tend to think my punches don't hurt cause i always judge my punching power on if i could take the punch........