View Full Version : heres a round me sparring

boxer2k5
05-11-2005, 09:49 PM
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OE1YW8O0QBVD3UFL370M5COAU

Ark
05-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Well you obviously won the round, but that guy seemed kinda tired from the start?? ..

I'd give tips to help out, but you box better than me.. so no point :P ..

Anyway, thnx for taking the time to film and upload your fight .

m00ks
05-12-2005, 11:13 AM
You look light on you feet. You weigh 190 lbs something like that?

Real Deal
05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
A brutal slugfest??!!

ebaum
05-12-2005, 01:00 PM
what round was that, the other guy did look a bit tired from the begining, i assume your the one in the blue, the only thing i noticed is you dropped your right for the lasst half of the fight but maybe you did that on purpose, just an observation good job though.

BadMagick
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
You look alright, but I don't think you'd be quick enough to pull that dropping the hand stuff against better opponents.

boxer2k5
05-12-2005, 11:14 PM
what round was that, the other guy did look a bit tired from the begining, i assume your the one in the blue, the only thing i noticed is you dropped your right for the lasst half of the fight but maybe you did that on purpose, just an observation good job though.

that ws the first round i only did one with him nd 3 against someone else

yeah i kept my hand down on purpose

boxer2k5
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
You look alright, but I don't think you'd be quick enough to pull that dropping the hand stuff against better opponents.

well im an amature and im getting better

so of course ther eis someone better than me
and my style wotn be able to beat them all

plus thats my boy i dont take tact on him

elveiel
05-12-2005, 11:51 PM
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OE1YW8O0QBVD3UFL370M5COAU

The most obvious offensive improvement you can make is throwing the lead right hook, thats probably the most important shot for someone with a style like yours.

I think you could have blocked a few of those jabs with you left and landed the right hook everytime.

boxer2k5
05-13-2005, 12:32 AM
my lead left and lead left hook has been doing damage
i dont feel comfortable throing the lead right much
i do sometimes
and sometimes i throw the quick hook after a jab
similar to wlad klitchkos

toehead
05-13-2005, 02:28 AM
how 'bout some footage of you on the heavy bag so we can see if you got some of that heavyweight power!

boxer2k5
05-13-2005, 03:00 AM
how 'bout some footage of you on the heavy bag so we can see if you got some of that heavyweight power!

ive been told i have power
ive droped dudeds with one punc before

btu i personally dont rmember ever hitting
someone full on

either tomm or monday ma post vids me on the heavy bag and speed bag maybe the double end bag and some jump rope

iwould like to get some pad work on vid as well

i dont even care about knocking people out
illr ather win UD by outboxing them
then kncok them out in the first

anyoen can knock anyone out if they land
not everyone can get a UD by boxing

thats why in my vids i move alot and slip alot

im a counter puncher
im 180-185 fightin at HW

elveiel
05-13-2005, 03:40 AM
my lead left and lead left hook has been doing damage
i dont feel comfortable throing the lead right much
i do sometimes
and sometimes i throw the quick hook after a jab
similar to wlad klitchkos

Although i throw the lead right hook in a southpaw stance i still got the move from Wlad Klitchko, it looks nothing like what he does but the idea was so effective i just had to do it :D

I'm a switch hitter, i wasnt a natural southpaw but i always liked to do it, the problem was i had a **** straight left, it felt really weird throwing it, so effectively i was a one handed southpaw!! But i can honestly say its one of my most hurtful and natural punches now.

Even if you dont use the punch in sparring or a fight you shouldnt limit yourself in training, i throw every single shot i can think of on the bags. I've got to the stage were my coach says every single shot i throw is hurtful, i'm just hoping it all comes together in the ring soon. :cool:

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Interesting stuff man... I've never been very good at fighting southpaw, I got too stuck in my ways as orthodox.

I used to HATE fighting southpaw's aswell!... LOL!...

Advice?... :dunno: I dunno man... double up with the jab, and keep your hands higher. As a southpaw, keep in the back of your mind be carefull not to get caught by the the other guy's overhand right.

Over-hand right was the punch I got most success with when fighting southpaws.

Cheers for uploading anyway man... Interesting. ;)

boxer2k5
05-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Although i throw the lead right hook in a southpaw stance i still got the move from Wlad Klitchko, it looks nothing like what he does but the idea was so effective i just had to do it :D

I'm a switch hitter, i wasnt a natural southpaw but i always liked to do it, the problem was i had a **** straight left, it felt really weird throwing it, so effectively i was a one handed southpaw!! But i can honestly say its one of my most hurtful and natural punches now.

Even if you dont use the punch in sparring or a fight you shouldnt limit yourself in training, i throw every single shot i can think of on the bags. I've got to the stage were my coach says every single shot i throw is hurtful, i'm just hoping it all comes together in the ring soon. :cool:

i do use it i throw lots of different punches
i jsut said i dont fell comfortable yet to throw the punch more

im working on it though

boxer2k5
05-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Interesting stuff man... I've never been very good at fighting southpaw, I got too stuck in my ways as orthodox.

I used to HATE fighting southpaw's aswell!... LOL!...

Advice?... :dunno: I dunno man... double up with the jab, and keep your hands higher. As a southpaw, keep in the back of your mind be carefull not to get caught by the the other guy's overhand right.

Over-hand right was the punch I got most success with when fighting southpaws.

Cheers for uploading anyway man... Interesting. ;)

f you notice i keep my left hand close to my chin when im close to my opponent

my right is the hand thats down much
but my chin is close to my shoulder

if i get caught thne i get caught it happens
but my defense is top notch and its getting better

elveiel
05-13-2005, 11:49 AM
i do use it i throw lots of different punches
i jsut said i dont fell comfortable yet to throw the punch more

im working on it though

Thats the key to success, as long as you know how to improve and have the detemination to do it you will do well.

GuyIncogito
05-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Looks to me like you have some pretty solid defensive skills. You're good with the bobbing and weaving.

elveiel
05-13-2005, 12:06 PM
f you notice i keep my left hand close to my chin when im close to my opponent

my right is the hand thats down much
but my chin is close to my shoulder

if i get caught thne i get caught it happens
but my defense is top notch and its getting better

Your defence is fine, i fight the same out of the southpaw stance. I just get the left touching my chin, the right shoulder up and slip to my left when needed.

boxer2k5
05-13-2005, 10:37 PM
ima start fighting orthodox
ima try and get as good
i am southpaw

elveiel
05-14-2005, 07:41 AM
ima start fighting orthodox
ima try and get as good
i am southpaw

I switch, but i dont see the point unless your going to do things different the other way.

Its hard to explain how i do that but the best example would be this -

Orthadox i fight like Tszyu

Southpaw i fight like Toney with a lot more mobility and a lot less fat :D

I'm obviously not as good as these two great fighters but its gives you an idea of how i do it.

I switch about as much a Junior Witter does except i dont do it within range like he does, i'll either switch on the outside or up very close. Because of the different styles and stance its very confusing for the opponent.

pug1986
05-14-2005, 12:39 PM
you looked alright but don't go straight back after you get off, step and cirlce. btw what weight are you both?

jatt the ripper
05-14-2005, 01:47 PM
you did good but i have to ask was that guy your sparring with any good? Imo the best way to judge yourself is by fighting the best. Try recording a sparring session with the best fighter in the gym and then send that in.

PS. if you kept your right hand that low against me, i would have punished you :D

boxer2k5
05-14-2005, 02:07 PM
you did good but i have to ask was that guy your sparring with any good? Imo the best way to judge yourself is by fighting the best. Try recording a sparring session with the best fighter in the gym and then send that in.

PS. if you kept your right hand that low against me, i would have punished you :D

i would want you to punish me
how else would i get better

and im going to tape all my sparring sessions
i jsut got the camera so that was the first itme i got to use it

the guy in that vid is 195 im 185

he is like 6'2 im 6'11

i was taking it easy on him cuz hes my boy and not as good as me

but im goign to start fighting him harder so he wont
get comfortable with fighting the way i fight him

i have other sparring matches on vid but they are real boring
being that m a counter puncher and dude kept running and iw as playing agresser
which at this point im not too good with

but im working on it

im going to switch to orthodox because i punch faster and harder at orthodox

i jsut move better at southpaw
and i feel i would rather hti u soft and often
and be able to move then hit you hard and feel uncomfortable

i move straight back becuase sometimes i want them to rush
in so i can land a left hook

but im going to start dipping and comming in more
i also got into the habbit of moving away when im hti or i parry or dip
because im kinda a small HW
but im still learning and working on my flaws

thanks

dino
05-14-2005, 03:55 PM
u looked scared..throw 1 punch and jump back :p

boxer2k5
05-15-2005, 01:18 AM
u looked scared..throw 1 punch and jump back :p

yyou never watched boxign have you

hit and move

i was able to hit him and not get it
that was my goal
it was sparring i could have dismantled him at
anytime

im a counter puncher not a brawler
i wanted him to be more agressive so i hti him and make him chase me

boxing is a chess game
not a deathmatch

jatt the ripper
05-15-2005, 05:58 AM
how long have you been doing boxing by the way?

tino
05-15-2005, 10:32 AM
you obviuosly have skills , and youre crafty , not throwing one punch at the time .

with the skills you have , i think you should work on you right jab , a pumping lefty jab is SOOOOOOOO annoying (ask tito..)

plus a good jab is a point packer in the amateur scoring system .

youre good man , send more vids , against guys who are not scared of you , cause your friend obviously is .

EXIGE
05-15-2005, 10:43 AM
ive tried watching this video in windows media player and real player. can some1 recommend another player that i can actually c the sparring in?? cos all that happens is i hear music and punches hitting atm.

boxer2k5
05-15-2005, 03:59 PM
ive tried watching this video in windows media player and real player. can some1 recommend another player that i can actually c the sparring in?? cos all that happens is i hear music and punches hitting atm.

update and make sure you have xvid mpeg 4 codecs

if nto i can ulod a wmv version

EXIGE
05-15-2005, 07:14 PM
ok that hasnt helped. its a .AvI file and i dont know what that is. is there anyway u could translate it to a ram file for example or simply a windows media player file .wmp .

I have 3 players and they all have trouble playing it. could some1 link me to a player that plays it its frustrating me.

boxer2k5
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
ima upload it again in wmv format ight

boxer2k5
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
wmv format
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IH0QH5UYOO1E2RKASG0QA5IQZ

RedLight_Traitor
05-18-2005, 04:47 PM
you're not bad

boxer2k5
05-18-2005, 07:54 PM