View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Bioshock 2 gets a 9.1 on IGN

Earl Hickey
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1066915p1.html

Biggest complaint seems to be that "it's not different enough from the first" but the first was awesome, so who cares

CiganoBoxer
02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Anybody knows when the UK release date is ??
Loved the first game !

Ryn0
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Anybody knows when the UK release date is ??
Loved the first game !
Tuesday, Although mine is due to arrive today :)

Thank you Shopto.

Earl Hickey
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM

Thank you Shopto.

ace, let us know how it goes, it looks good, and you can never trust IGN scores if you ask me.

Monkz
02-08-2010, 08:31 AM

Thank you Shopto.

Nice, tell us what you think of it after you've played it. :luvbed:

Ryn0
02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Just gave it a spin, first hour or so. It's good, didn't wow me as much as the opening to the first Bioshock though.

And the story hasn't been as intriguing early on but it may change, on he plus side the actual combat and shooting I find much better, there are more enemies this time round so it means you have a think a little more but anyone who's good at FPS games should have no trouble.

So far it's been worth my money, I'll try the multiplayer and get back to you on that.

CiganoBoxer
02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
As much as i loved the first Bio Shock i dont think i will bother getting Bio Shock 2 ...to many people are saying that its not any different than the first !?

Ryn0
02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
As much as i loved the first Bio Shock i dont think i will bother getting Bio Shock 2 ...to many people are saying that its not any different than the first !?
Why would you want it to be?

It's like changing the formula to Halo, or God of War. Rapture and the atmosphere are part of Bioshock that wasn't going to change.

Monkz
02-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Why would you want it to be?

It's like changing the formula to Halo, or God of War. Rapture and the atmosphere are part of Bioshock that wasn't going to change.

Exactly! :beerchug: Can't wait to hear what the multiplayer is like.

bishop2006
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Just played it now,im like a hour in,and its great,the gunplay has improved,the mele's are great,graphics havent improved too much from the first,but its still a beautiful game,the story so far is good,im very intrested to see where it goes,great game so far!

sebspeed
02-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Lol, I traded Halo 3 for Bioshock on www.gametz.com on May 5 2008!!!! And I didn't play it yet... tell me I'm missing something and I'll play it hahaa

Monkz
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Lol, I traded Halo 3 for Bioshock on www.gametz.com on May 5 2008!!!! And I didn't play it yet... tell me I'm missing something and I'll play it hahaa

Your definately missing out, one of the most original and unique games I've ever played, great story that keeps you on the edge, get that game in your console!! :D

Jabroni
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I have the first one on PC and I like it. I'll get Bioshock 2 also, but yeah.....

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9775/bioshockbomberman2.jpg

GreatRubdini
02-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Damn im gettin mine on Friday when i get paid.... Cant wait!!!!

Ryn0
02-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Finished it last night, it is a great game. I can't help but shake the feeling that because the first Bioshock was so good this is an inferior game in almost every way (other than the shooting)

It's still great but the story didn't impact me the way the first one did but few have, it's still a spectacular game.

bishop2006
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Just beat the game last night,amazing game,theres more of a story then the original,but the twists dont have the same impact as the first ( what game twists can haver a better impact then the first bioshock anyway? ) but the shooting was better,the plasmids are better,and the sequences,especially towards the end are sick,a great game

Ryn0
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Just beat the game last night,amazing game,theres more of a story then the original,but the twists dont have the same impact as the first ( what game twists can haver a better impact then the first bioshock anyway? ) but the shooting was better,the plasmids are better,and the sequences,especially towards the end are sick,a great game
You thought there was more of a story?

I thought there was less of a story, moreso because in the first game your drip fed the details slowly working it out, in this one your given an outpour of story from the start that directly told to you. I think it's more generic, I pretty much guessed what was going to happen by about 3/4 of the way through

Equilibrium
02-13-2010, 12:31 AM

Bioshock 1 is in my top 10 games ever. So yeah you should play it.

As for bioshock 2, played a little bit last night, it's good so far. I played the multiplayer too, i thought the multiplayer would blow but it's hella fun.

Pugilistic™
02-13-2010, 02:18 PM
I've played few the first few levels and so far i'm impressed.

CiganoBoxer
02-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Went and got it a couple of days ago and yeah i am really enjoying it :boxing:

JmtRyan
02-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Is it an alien shoot em up type game or?

Ryn0
02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Is it an alien shoot em up type game or?
it has no aliens in....

If you go for one of the two go for the original. This is one of the situations where the Firat game is better than the first.