View Full Version : wrist pain

boxstarr
05-10-2005, 05:10 PM
i think it is because of my work, having to bang bags of frozen food with my hands to flatten it but my wrists hurt a lot when i punch. i am new and have not found a club yet, so i train at home, mainly in target mitts. is there anything that could prevent this, like any wrist exercises??? or shud i wrap my hands better? if anyone knows how to improve anything for me please help

dionysusolympus
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM
-hit with a twist (you may be hitting on the side of the wrist thus twisting the wrist, instead of getting full contact)
-wrap your hands better (at work, too)
-or simply get bag gloves to use at work too (the wristwrap bag or boxing bag gloves)

just a couple of suggestions...

boxstarr
05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks for the advice i will try it. does anyone know how to wrap cos atm i jus do wot feels most supportive around the wrist and it feels ok but if it is professionally done it will obviously work better

abdiel2k3
05-10-2005, 06:12 PM
i think it is because of my work, having to bang bags of frozen food with my hands to flatten it but my wrists hurt a lot when i punch. i am new and have not found a club yet, so i train at home, mainly in target mitts. is there anything that could prevent this, like any wrist exercises??? or shud i wrap my hands better? if anyone knows how to improve anything for me please help
is that what they call it now?
ive only hear dit been called given hand jobs
but man
people CUM up wit some clever ****

leff
05-10-2005, 06:13 PM
wrap your hands better, do some strenght trainig on forearms too.

EXIGE
05-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Oook ... wat kind of response was that but neway.

Best thing to do is to wrap ur hands BOXSTARR - ESTHARR.

No but seriously does ne1 know how to wrap hands properly. possibly provide a link to a site which shows u??

Appreciate any help.

"wear bag gloves at work" .. lol, then they think that ur boxing the DEAD chicken. mite get a bit concerned? only jkin lol

jatt the ripper
05-10-2005, 06:20 PM
is that what they call it now?
ive only hear dit been called given hand jobs
but man
people CUM up wit some clever ****

as soon as i saw wrist pain, as the topic i knew that someone clever so and so would make that or a similar immature statement. i'm just sad you beat me to it :hail:

Mick Hucknall
05-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Is it not just baby wrists. Everyone gets them when they start on the heavybag. It just goes away after a few weeks maximum.

boxstarr
it is because i have to flatten it to put it in freezer. i think ligaments are breaking up. but seriously as i dont have a club advice on wrpping wud b welcum

abdiel2k3
http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm
fine heres a helpful link

couple diff methods to wrap ur hands

blockburna944
05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
chances are, you are throwing punches with bad technique. Make sure you get help from somebody who knows what they are doing to make sure you throw correctly.

it would probably be best to get someone to help show you how to wrap your hand too, but the basic idea is to start by putting the thumb loop on the thumb (obviously), then going around the wrist once or twice, then wrap the thumb. after that, its really up to you; just make sure the wrap is pretty tight, but no so bad it cuts off circulation. i personally wrap once around the wrist, then do kind of a diagnal line to my knuckles, go around those once, and do another diagnol back so it crisscrosses. i dont wrap my fingers, but some people do that too.

boxstarr
05-10-2005, 06:27 PM
i heard from one friend that it may be baby wrists, but he wasnt a boxer for long so i dont rele know if he knows enough. that is reassuring tho

EXIGE
05-10-2005, 06:42 PM
seen that link b4 but couldnt find it again. Thanks for linking on this. Saves time ;)

boxstarr
05-10-2005, 06:56 PM
thanks for link abdiel. it only useful wrapping advice i ever had