View Full Version : I just quit smokeing. Now......

triggerhappy
05-10-2005, 01:37 PM
i smoked for 2 years and i never had a problem in the gym with my stamina. but 2 months ago my stamina went down hill. It's been 11 day since i quit smokeing cigarettes how long will it take my lungs to clear and get my stamina back up.

dionysusolympus
05-10-2005, 01:38 PM
i smoked for 2 years and i never had a problem in the gym with my stamina. but 2 months ago my stamina went down hill. It's been 11 day since i quit smokeing cigarettes how long will it take my lungs to clear and get my stamina back up.

It's going to take at least 3-4 months for your lung to fully clear. Depending on your age and how long, your lungs can repair in whole or in part.

Don't worry. That's one of my bad habits that's going to disappear within a week... :boxing:

My bad, congratulations...keep up the good work...

triggerhappy
05-10-2005, 01:42 PM
i am 25 and i only smoked for 2 years so hopefully my lungs will recover quick

BANE206
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM
i smoked for 10 years, quit and started walking and lost 55 pounds so far. its definetly a good thing to quit

Mr. Ryan
05-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I quit Friday. It's been hell.

m00ks
05-10-2005, 03:35 PM
lol I quit friday too. But I'm not getting big cravings. I'm spending a lot of time in the gym so I guess that helps.

Mr. Ryan
05-10-2005, 03:42 PM
lol I quit friday too. But I'm not getting big cravings. I'm spending a lot of time in the gym so I guess that helps.
On Saturday, I was craving like a mad man. My heart started pounding out of control, my face went numb, it was crazy. Sunday, I couldn't sleep but thats not new. Monday, I ate 3 slices of pizza and still thought I was going to starve to death. I had terrible headaches. Today isn't too bad.

m00ks
05-10-2005, 03:48 PM
On Saturday, I was craving like a mad man. My heart started pounding out of control, my face went numb, it was crazy. Sunday, I couldn't sleep but thats not new. Monday, I ate 3 slices of pizza and still thought I was going to starve to death. I had terrible headaches. Today isn't too bad.

damn that sounds harsh. I thought I'd be eating like there's no tommorrow as well but I'm just drinking lots of fluids so that controls my apetite. How long you've smoked for?

Mr. Ryan
05-10-2005, 03:53 PM
damn that sounds harsh. I thought I'd be eating like there's no tommorrow as well but I'm just drinking lots of fluids so that controls my apetite. How long you've smoked for?
Since I was 10. I'm 18 now.

Journeyman
05-10-2005, 04:26 PM
ive tried quitting time after time and have failed..I heard after that after you quit smoking, you gain a lot of weight very quickly.

dionysusolympus
05-10-2005, 04:31 PM
ive tried quitting time after time and have failed..I heard after that after you quit smoking, you gain a lot of weight very quickly.

Yep. My family doc told me the same thing. She suggested that my boxing will assist with that, as well as control my cravings (with the aggression in the gym).

Tha Greatest
05-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Since I was 10. I'm 18 now.
You have been boxing for a while righT?

and you just quit now!?

polvoron
09-10-2005, 06:34 PM

congrats!!

good 4 you,but how long will it last?