View Full Version : Diferente palabras.....

Cuauhtémoc1520
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
OK so some of us use different words for different things depending on what country we are from.

For example, Mexicans use the word "calcetines" as "sox".

Puertoricans use the word "medias" (which for us is panty hose so it's kind of funny.

What other differences do we have?

FalconsRB
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
cuando se mete una cucaracha en casa de un Mejicano ellos dicen lo mismo que digo yo, "cogeme el bicho".:439:

Texanballer
01-29-2010, 08:42 PM
I say coche. I dont say carro. Along with camioneta and not trucka.

Thats all i can think of.

Toney Loc
01-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Mexicans = Verga

Ricans = Bicho

British (like myself) = Trousersnake

-Hyperion-
01-29-2010, 09:00 PM
diferente palabras...............nice spanish there.....

Boxer1590
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
bus- guagua

I also never pronounce the letter S lol, or the S sound. I never even knew there was S's on these words till I took Spanish in school lol.

como eta
habla epanol
arro con pollo

Mares
01-31-2010, 03:25 AM
mi, no palabras :(

Hiram Joel
01-31-2010, 06:19 AM
Ricans call Oranges= Chinas

other countries call it= Naranjas

Yo creo q le desimos Chinas por que si estan agrias asi mismo te vez como un mismo chino lol

Cuauhtémoc1520
02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
diferente palabras...............nice spanish there.....

Yo creo q le desimos Chinas por que si estan agrias asi mismo te vez como un mismo chino lol

So I missed an S.......internet grammar police.

Tambien Mexicanos dicen "Pastel" for cake..

En otras partes dicen "bizcocho"

Which is funny because for us Mexicans, "bizcocho" is a slang for *****.

Del Coqui
02-01-2010, 08:29 PM

hay algunas que le dicen naranjas, esas son las agrias como tu dices, que las usan mayormente para lavar las carnes o pescao.

xcaret v3
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
different dialect, personally i think puerto rican spanish sounds like ****...

Toney Loc
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
bus- guagua

I also never pronounce the letter S lol, or the S sound. I never even knew there was S's on these words till I took Spanish in school lol.

como eta
habla epanol
arro con pollo

Why is this? Not hating on anyone but I find this annoying whenever I hear it. :grumble:

El Protagonista
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Why is this? Not hating on anyone but I find this annoying whenever I hear it. :grumble:

Caribbean spanish actually has a heavy influence from Andalusia and the Canary Islands which are part of Spain. That's where dropping the "s" and dropping the "d" from words ending in ado come from. It's not something Puerto Ricans or anyone in the Caribbean invented as many people tend to believe.

Boxer1590
02-02-2010, 06:28 PM

I find it annoying when people talk other ways. We are just used to different ways, it's not our faults. I don't know why, it's just the way it is I guess. It's more slang I guess but I think it sounds better :)

yeks
02-03-2010, 01:50 AM
OK so some of us use different words for different things depending on what country we are from.

For example, Mexicans use the word "calcetines" as "sox".

Puertoricans use the word "medias" (which for us is panty hose so it's kind of funny.

What other differences do we have?

it is also "medyas" in the philippines..

NAPO
02-03-2010, 02:06 AM

And yet, it is one of the most influential dialects in Latin America. Mostly because of our music and artists popularity.

rskumm21
02-03-2010, 11:16 PM

And what do you speak that's so ****ing great?

PHOENIX623
02-03-2010, 11:20 PM
i dont give a ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

xcaret v3
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
And yet, it is one of the most influential dialects in Latin America. Mostly because of our music and artists popularity.

first off, your venenzuelen... and second, wat the fuk do you mean influential? who the wants to misspell words all the time and sound like a kid?

El Protagonista
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
first off, your venenzuelen... and second, wat the fuk do you mean influential? who the wants to misspell words all the time and sound like a kid?

That style of spanish is also used in Venezuela as well as Cuba, The Dominican Republic, and other parts of Latin America which is why I find it odd you singled out Puerto Rico. Believe it or not it comes from Andalusia and the Canary Islands which are part of Spain. The words are not misspelled, only pronounced differently in informal occassions.

xcaret v3
02-04-2010, 09:05 PM
That style of spanish is also used in Venezuela as well as Cuba, The Dominican Republic, and other parts of Latin America which is why I find it odd you singled out Puerto Rico. Believe it or not it comes from Andalusia and the Canary Islands which are part of Spain. The words are not misspelled, only pronounced differently in informal occassions.

i was referring to puerto rican spanish, and even the Spaniards spanish is SHI*... they say the S fuken weird... the use their tongue differently and its annoying..

no other country can speak spanish perfectly like well spoken mexicans do.. and im not being biased..

Eric Holder
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
i was referring to puerto rican spanish, and even the Spaniards spanish is SHI*... they say the S fuken weird... the use their tongue differently and its annoying..

no other country can speak spanish perfectly like well spoken mexicans do.. and im not being biased..

spaniards have lisps :lol1:

xcaret v3
02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
spaniards have lisps :lol1:

yeah, its fuken annoying!...when i hear them sing i laugh.....

just like america speaks better english then england... mexico speaks better spanish then spain... some funny ****, and they are both next to each other..

mexican spanish is so better then even domicans when they sing use it...all of the bachata singers sound mexican... that puerorican slut noelia sang or sings in mexican spanish... i thought she was mexican at first then she came out with that one song then shes does her reggaeton **** and all of a sudden her accent pops up, the fuk outta here.. mexican spanish > all spanish accents.

NAPO
02-04-2010, 11:58 PM

First off **** u XCACA.

And you want to try that cuz i got proof.

NAPO
02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
yeah, its fuken annoying!...when i hear them sing i laugh.....

just like america speaks better english then england... mexico speaks better spanish then spain... some funny ****, and they are both next to each other..

mexican spanish is so better then even domicans when they sing use it...all of the bachata singers sound mexican... that puerorican slut noelia sang or sings in mexican spanish... i thought she was mexican at first then she came out with that one song then shes does her reggaeton **** and all of a sudden her accent pops up, the fuk outta here.. mexican spanish > all spanish accents.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bottle:

xcaret v3
02-05-2010, 07:07 PM
First off **** u XCACA.

And you want to try that cuz i got proof.

venenzuelen.... shut up already.. your not puelto lican...

supRa
02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I say coche. I dont say carro. Along with camioneta and not trucka.

Thats all i can think of.

am vice versa lol

istmeno
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM

no other country can speak spanish perfectly like well spoken mexicans do.. and im not being biased..wtf. the language is native to spain, the rules of the language are form the real academia espanola. but by your logic they don't speak the language well.

el unico espanol correcto es ese q q hablan los espanoles, incluso sus dialectos. todos nosotros de latinoamerica hablamos un espanol bastardizado por muy buena q sea nuestra supuesta diccion.

ellatinoamericano q piensa q su espanol es mejor q lo q viene de la madre patria del idioma es un simple ______? (alguno de ustedes me puede ayudar con la palabra q me falto

xcaret v3
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
wtf. the language is native to spain, the rules of the language are form the real academia espanola. but by your logic they don't speak the language well.

el unico espanol correcto es ese q q hablan los espanoles, incluso sus dialectos. todos nosotros de latinoamerica hablamos un espanol bastardizado por muy buena q sea nuestra supuesta diccion.

ellatinoamericano q piensa q su espanol es mejor q lo q viene de la madre patria del idioma es un simple ______? (alguno de ustedes me puede ayudar con la palabra q me falto

i know this, but honestly, it sounds weird when they speak it... and dont call it madre patria because they dont like latin americans at all and treat them like ****....well spoken mexicans say the words correctly and dont forget an R or S, etc..

istmeno
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
i know this, but honestly, it sounds weird when they speak it... and dont call it madre patria because they dont like latin americans at all and treat them like ****....well spoken mexicans say the words correctly and dont forget an R or S, etc..mi mente no es tan cerrada para descartar una verdad. aunque nos guste o no, es asi. porq de alli salio nuestro idioma. y el hecho q si gustan o no del latinoamericano nisiquiera viene alcaso. historia es historia.

xcaret v3
02-05-2010, 09:41 PM
mi mente no es tan cerrada para descartar una verdad. aunque nos guste o no, es asi. porq de alli salio nuestro idioma. y el hecho q si gustan o no del latinoamericano nisiquiera viene alcaso. historia es historia.

well then that means spanish actually sucks..

Texanballer
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I learned the word bastante as meaning enough. But here where i live with the mexicans bastante means a lot.

jtcs1981
02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Horny or Horndog, however you call it.
Bellaco- PR
Arrecho - I think is in Panama and Venezuela

Hangover
Resaca - PR
De Goma - Algunos en centro america
Cruda

Bicho, pinga, verga, huevo, guevo all the same

Chocha, tota, toto en PR es vagina.

!! AI-Holmes!!
02-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Confleis=Corn Flakes in my house.....Imagine that..:ugh:

jtcs1981
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Confleis=Corn Flakes in my house.....Imagine that..:ugh:

Anglicismos son comunes en todas partes.

ELHURACAN58
02-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Haha I can imagine the mexican version of White Sox

"Los Calcetines Blancos" de Obregón México wey!

Le dicen Naranjas a las chinas en México?

Also, le decimos zfacones a los recipientes de basura, gandinga al estomago del cerdo y chuletas a las chuletas.