View Full Version : Anyone play MAG

Left2body
01-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I am debating on whether to get this game or not. Saw a real good review but would really like some regular user reviews.

stickandmove12
01-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I am debating on whether to get this game or not. Saw a real good review but would really like some regular user reviews.
I'm should be recieving it via gamefly this week. I'll post after I play and let you know. 256 people online at the same time sounds fun to me.

Undefeated
01-28-2010, 02:24 AM
One word "Camping"

And its worst in this game. I thought it was bad in MW2, but this game.. Ooh man..

To throw grenade you have to switch your primary too secondary, then comes the grenade, and it seems slow when switching. I was playing the open beta and it didn't catch my attention. I wouldn't get it, but that just me. Rent it if you can. If you didn't like Killzone 2, you won't like this.. Also the Aiming seems flawed.. Not really responsive if you know what I mean.. Sort of like the "Orange Box (Half Life 2)" the aiming felt stiff and all.

I don't know man, but I aint getting this ****.. Probably some other day, but it can wait. Get boarderlands instead son.

Ryn0
01-28-2010, 06:08 AM
I played the demo thought it was balls, the demo was only 3 weeks ago can't have improved that much...

Left2body
01-28-2010, 08:16 AM
One word "Camping"

And its worst in this game. I thought it was bad in MW2, but this game.. Ooh man..

To throw grenade you have to switch your primary too secondary, then comes the grenade, and it seems slow when switching. I was playing the open beta and it didn't catch my attention. I wouldn't get it, but that just me. Rent it if you can. If you didn't like Killzone 2, you won't like this.. Also the Aiming seems flawed.. Not really responsive if you know what I mean.. Sort of like the "Orange Box (Half Life 2)" the aiming felt stiff and all.

I don't know man, but I aint getting this ****.. Probably some other day, but it can wait. Get boarderlands instead son.

Thanks for the info. I didn't like Killzone either so I think I might just pick up Borderlands a little later.

Ryn0
01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
One word "Camping"

MAG plays nothing like Killzone :S

Irish Hitman
01-28-2010, 02:59 PM
COD4 IS THE best fps ever there are too many fps's coming out and a lot of them fail. Even Infinity ward cant make another game as good as cod4

Left2body
01-28-2010, 11:50 PM
I rented the game and there are some things I really really like about it and there are some things that are bothersome. I would also say Killzone is a bad comparison. More like Counter Strike and Battlefield hybrid.

The one thing I really dislike is that SVER seems to be a bit uber at least on the early ranks. It might possibly be a little like the Age of Empire games where some Civilizations are strong in early Era's and some show there strength in the later era's.

I think/hope this holds true with the low tech SVER who seem to be really dominating right now with most players being low rank.

M Deezy
02-08-2010, 12:18 AM
I really enjoy MAG. play it all the time. I personaly like it more than mw2. 256 player battles. cant beat that. and with the people on here complaining about camping i dont know what your talking about. probably depends on the game mode. i play Domination all the time which is the 256 player. everybody does the objectives. only campers are the ones that HAVE to camp at the sites they gotta protect.only thing i like mw2 better for is the graphics. everything else MAG>all other games

Grand Champ
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Seen it on Youtube. Looks inferior to MW2 in every way. Plus there's no singleplayer.

Ryn0
02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
I'd say if you want this type of gameplay, go for battlefield Bad company 2. It's better, it may not have as many people but you get a sense of scale bigger than in MAG even though theres no where near as many people.

Left2body
02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I like the game a lot. Takes a lot of team work and with a good squad it is tons of fun. Taking down objectives on attack working to take down the bunker or just to infiltrate and work deep into enemy territory and just take down the Anti-Air so that your Army can quickly lay down some serious bombing runs and air strikes.

The game really sucks when you play with horrible team mates and/or a bad Squad leader.

-What I would like from the game are: Bigger group support. It would be awesome if a group/party of more than 8 people could join and populate more than one squad. It would make the game epic with Clans being able to really get deep into multi-squad cooperation and strategy.