View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II is epic! Should of got GoTY.

Flab
01-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Go buy it. :banana:

Monkz
01-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I had the first one and got bored of it very quickly, so repetitive, is it the same in the second one?

Flab
01-27-2010, 11:44 AM
I had the first one and got bored of it very quickly, so repetitive, is it the same in the second one?

Nope. You get loads of weapons and armor to buy and you even renovate a town.

You give codex pages to Leonardo Da Vinci and he upgrades your hidden blade, or in this game blades. :banana:

Monkz
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Nope. You get loads of weapons and armor to buy and you even renovate a town.

You give codex pages to Leonardo Da Vinci and he upgrades your hidden blade, or in this game blades. :banana:

:beerchug: Good stuff, i'm interested in what your weapons are.

Ryn0
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I Platinumed the game, it was exceptional. Far better than the first which i finished but thought was a bag of crap due to the repetitiveness and horrible pacing.

However, it should not have been game of the year IMO. It was a great game no doubt but it was stuck in a year with ALOT of great games. Uncharted 2 was by far the best game last year, but there are other games I enjoyed more like MW2, Killzone 2, Batman AA. I'd say it was on par with games like Resident Evil 5, Infamous, Borderlands, L4D2 and Forza etc.

Flab
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I heard the next one is in WWII and you assassinate hitler.:eek:

- v e t -
01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Go buy it. :banana:

upon hearing this, i shall walk next door, buy the game and go home and play it instead of going to class

:beerchug:

i loved the first, so this is really THAT much better even??

:wank:

Ryn0
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
upon hearing this, i shall walk next door, buy the game and go home and play it instead of going to class

I hated the first so much, but I thought this one was incredible.

Flab
01-27-2010, 12:18 PM

Sure is. :fing02:

You get upgrades on your hidden blade. Poison, ect.

I poisoned a guard outside a bank and he killed his two friends, then dropped dead. :lol1:

Flab
01-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Anyone else think the smoke bombs make you too powerful?

- v e t -
01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Sure is. :fing02:

You get upgrades on your hidden blade. Poison, ect.

I poisoned a guard outside a bank and he killed his two friends, then dropped dead. :lol1:

its installing now....

better not disappoint

cunts at gamestop had the used marked a whole $5 off

:nonono:

MidnightSpecial
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
i thought it was overrated...

the ending made me laugh...not in a good way

MidnightSpecial
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Im picking up Mass Effect 2 friday..........cant ****ing wait

Flab
01-27-2010, 02:30 PM
its installing now....

better not disappoint

cunts at gamestop had the used marked a whole $5 off

:nonono:

your avatar is great. :beerchug:

Ryn0
01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Anyone else think the smoke bombs make you too powerful?
I didn't use them really, I only used them to get certain trophies like kill 10 guards without getting hit and sweep 5 guards with a long weapon etc.

It's never a challenging game, I don't think I died in combat once. I did die a few times due to the controls jumping off buildings instead of towards another building.

Lechero
01-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Uncharted 2 is way better.

Boxer1590
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Assassin's Creed II was amazing. It was so much better than the first one. I loved every second of this game.

I can't wait for the third one!

Flab
01-28-2010, 02:38 AM
I didn't use them really, I only used them to get certain trophies like kill 10 guards without getting hit and sweep 5 guards with a long weapon etc.

It's never a challenging game, I don't think I died in combat once. I did die a few times due to the controls jumping off buildings instead of towards another building.

I hate that, sometimes he jumps over the thing you want him to jump to. :grr:

Flab
01-28-2010, 02:40 AM

Is it the same sort of game? I thought it was like Tomb Raider with a penis.

TheHolyCross
01-28-2010, 04:57 AM
what can you do after you complete the story?

Sox8055
01-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Looking forward to renting this game Saturday. Is it really that good?

Lechero
01-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Is it the same sort of game? I thought it was like Tomb Raider with a penis.

Tomb Raider? No way, it only has the climbing/adventure stuff but is different and way better. It combines a lot of great things we seen in games like Gears of Wars but It pretty much destroys that game cover/shoot gameplay. It has the adventure style of Tomb Raider like puzzles and cilmbing stuff but just like they destroy Gears of War cover/shoot system they pretty much destroy everything that Tomb Raider has ever done. It even has stealth parts and the voice acting is the best I ever seen in a video game.

Here is a little bit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ok9Nd5RMLk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ok9Nd5RMLk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This train part is one of the best things I have ever played.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_QYotAcF-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_QYotAcF-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

By far the best video game of 09

Grand Champ
01-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Assassins Creed II is a great game. An improvement to the first one in every way. even reducced the tedious ''Get 500 flags'' to gettin 100. Great game, Agree with TS.

Flab
01-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Tomb Raider? No way, it only has the climbing/adventure stuff but is different and way better. It combines a lot of great things we seen in games like Gears of Wars but It pretty much destroys that game cover/shoot gameplay. It has the adventure style of Tomb Raider like puzzles and cilmbing stuff but just like they destroy Gears of War cover/shoot system they pretty much destroy everything that Tomb Raider has ever done. It even has stealth parts and the voice acting is the best I ever seen in a video game.

Here is a little bit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ok9Nd5RMLk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ok9Nd5RMLk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This train part is one of the best things I have ever played.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_QYotAcF-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_QYotAcF-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

By far the best video game of 09

I don't like the PS3 control though. :guilty:

Flab
01-29-2010, 04:07 AM
what can you do after you complete the story?

All the side quests I guess. Haven't completed it yet.

Grand Champ
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
All the side quests I guess. Haven't completed it yet.

Pretty much. Collecting feathers, solve puzzles/riddles around the citites, ugrading your town etc.

AnimalisticMeth
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM

+1

Uncharted 2 is epic. A really fantastic game and 2009 GOTY.

407BoriKua
01-29-2010, 04:29 PM
didnt really like assassins creed 2 part one was 2 repetitive i felt this one was ok but uncharted 2 gets my vote that game is incredible i cant wait till the game HEAVY RAIN comes out i bet you its goty 2010 if you havent heard about it check it out and read bout it its going to change the way gaming is forever

Ryn0
01-30-2010, 09:33 AM
There isn't much to do after you've finished but it's a meaty game and theres already dlc out for it.

I did find all the glyphs and feathers etc just to platinum the game though

T-97
01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
I hated the first so much, but I thought this one was incredible.

I wasn't keen on the first one, but reading this... I might give the 2nd a go.

Sox8055
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Rented it Saturday. Been playing it ever since.

Sh1t is pretty sweet, I like getting up close to kill my targets, sh1t hits the fan when theres more than 3 enemies though, especially those mofo's with armour. I have to climb sh1t and throw them off the buildings to defeat them one by one...maybe its just me..:Thinkingo