View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] metal gear solid 4

01-26-2010, 10:32 PM
i know the game is old, i dont play my ps3 much, and i recently traded for the game and damn it is awesome!!!!! today i sat down to play for 30-45 and ended up playing for 2-3 hours.....awesome game!!

Boxer1590
01-27-2010, 09:09 AM
i know the game is old, i dont play my ps3 much, and i recently traded for the game and damn it is awesome!!!!! today i sat down to play for 30-45 and ended up playing for 2-3 hours.....awesome game!!

You probably watched cut scenes for 2.5 hours and actually played for 30-45 minutes like you originally wanted to.

So many long cut scenes in that game,ruined it for me.

01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
lol yea cutscenes are too long but the actual gameplay is fun as hell.

You probably watched cut scenes for 2.5 hours and actually played for 30-45 minutes like you originally wanted to.

So many long cut scenes in that game,ruined it for me.

J.R
01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Anybody who bought this game should have known that there were extensvie cutscenes, from playing any of the 1st three you'll know that MGS is all about blending game playing and movies, therefore making an interactive movie.

What with it being Snake's last one, there were always gonna be more too.

If you didn't like it, you shouldn't have bought it.

Andre Wardttke
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
As I've said before MGS4 is a great third person shooter.

Boxer1590
01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Anybody who bought this game should have known that there were extensvie cutscenes, from playing any of the 1st three you'll know that MGS is all about blending game playing and movies, therefore making an interactive movie.

What with it being Snake's last one, there were always gonna be more too.

If you didn't like it, you shouldn't have bought it.

I beat 1,2, and 3.

4 has waaaaaaaaaaaay more time in cut scenes. I love how everybody is acting like I should have known 80% of the game would be cut scenes.

I didn't like the game. I loved 1,2, and 3. 3 was my favorite.

Frank Martin
02-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Big Boss > Solid Snake :boxing:

Biolink
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM

We all agree, considering they were all clones from Big Boss

- v e t -
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
We all agree, considering they were all clones from Big Boss

my HDD failed after act 4, so ive yet to beat it :lol1:

Biolink
02-02-2010, 05:40 PM
If you bought it from a Gamestop, you may be able to get a replacement disk.

Andre Wardttke
02-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Solid Snake dicked Big Boss when Big Boss had a machine gun and all Solid Snake had was a cig lighter and an aerosol can.

Big Boss' character was ruined in MGS4, completely gimped.

-PANDA-
02-02-2010, 10:10 PM
best game ever

didnt play mgs2 & 3 though

Frank Martin
02-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Solid Snake dicked Big Boss when Big Boss had a machine gun and all Solid Snake had was a cig lighter and an aerosol can.

Big Boss' character was ruined in MGS4, completely gimped.

Yeah but that was the old version of Big Boss. Im talking about the Big Boss as Naked Snake. I like both of them but I think Big Boss is better.

Andre Wardttke
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah but that was the old version of Big Boss. Im talking about the Big Boss as Naked Snake. I like both of them but I think Big Boss is better.

I didn't really like Naked Snake, he's just a cheap carbon copy of Solid Snake. Thought it was a bit lazy.

02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
what were 1,2, and 3 about? liquid??

J.R
02-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I didn't really like Naked Snake, he's just a cheap carbon copy of Solid Snake. Thought it was a bit lazy.

Agreed, and he struggled to take Big Mama.

Frank Martin
02-05-2010, 07:24 AM

storywise, its the other way around

Biolink
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
what were 1,2, and 3 about? liquid??

Metal Gear Solid 3 was a prequel. In terms of years it would be the first game. Basically you're going through Naked Snake/Big Bosses adventures. Basically fighting off the original Boss. Also destroying the Shagohod, which was pretty much the precursor to all of the Metal Gears.

Metal Gear Solid 1 has Solid Snake infiltrating Shadow Moses and fighting off FOXHOUND members primarily. Trying to stop a nuclear strike, by destroying Metal Gear REX

Metal Gear Solid 2, stars Raiden primarily. You infiltrate an offshore decontamination base called The Big Shell. You have to fight off Anti-Terrorism members, called "The Dead Cell". Raiden has to stop Solidus Snake, from setting off a Nuclear EMP which would shut down all of New York, crash the economy and Solidus would take over the country.

Naked Snake was the original. Liquid, Solid, and Solidus were are all copies from Naked Snake/Big Boss. He was THAT good of a soldier that they couldn't afford for him to die out. Naked Snake became sterile at one point, so he couldn't directly have kids of his on. So they just cloned him. Of course this brings upon problems of itself, because when you clone something you're cloning it exactly. Even though the clone may look like a Baby, it will have the physical characteristics of a 30 or 40 something year old person(I forgot how old he was).

Ether
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
^ Nice ****ing knowledge Mr. Ocelot.

Also I will go on to say Young Ocelot > old

And Gray Fox > Ninja Raiden

Though what they did with the story on Raiden and how he became a Cyborg Ninja was ill.

I think alot of people don't appreciate Kojima's style.

Andre Wardttke
02-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Naked Snake was the original. Liquid, Solid, and Solidus were are all copies from Naked Snake/Big Boss. He was THAT good of a soldier that they couldn't afford for him to die out. Naked Snake became sterile at one point, so he couldn't directly have kids of his on. So they just cloned him. Of course this brings upon problems of itself, because when you clone something you're cloning it exactly. Even though the clone may look like a Baby, it will have the physical characteristics of a 30 or 40 something year old person(I forgot how old he was).

I'm not talking in terms of the story. The character Naked Snake was just a copy and paste of Solid Snake from MGS2.

Biolink
02-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm not talking in terms of the story. The character Naked Snake was just a copy and paste of Solid Snake from MGS2.

They're clones. I understand you're saying not much effort, may have went into designing the character(The character Liquid Snake is the pretty much the Solid Snake character model, but with different colored BDU's), but they're clones. On artistic merit, I could let that one slide

Andre Wardttke
02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Liquid and Solid though were very different characters, not only in voice, but personality.

They didn't even bother to give Naked Snake his own personality. I loved Big Boss as a character in MG2 and his legacy in MGS1 and MGS2....but MGS3 and MGS4 seemed to have ruined him. Turned him from a madman hell bent on war to some sort of misunderstood hero...which is just too cliché and negates everything we learnt about him in MG1, MG2, MGS1 and MGS2.

Frank Martin
02-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Liquid and Solid though were very different characters, not only in voice, but personality.

They didn't even bother to give Naked Snake his own personality. I loved Big Boss as a character in MG2 and his legacy in MGS1 and MGS2....but MGS3 and MGS4 seemed to have ruined him. Turned him from a madman hell bent on war to some sort of misunderstood hero...which is just too cliché and negates everything we learnt about him in MG1, MG2, MGS1 and MGS2.

Same with starwars. Anakin is just Luke's clone.

Ether
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Liquid, one of the best villains ever. And he's repping UK.

The boss battles in 4 were sick, though they were. The first Metal Gear Solid I believe has the most memorable bosses. And you guys aren't appreciating Snake Eater, that game was dope.

Here's Young Ocelot owning The Chosen.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/coBWXghqOSc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/coBWXghqOSc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>