View Full Version : Opinions : Tszyu-Hatton Almost Done

elveiel
11-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Whats your opinion about the latest Hatton vs Tszyu news??

Click on Hatton picture for full story
http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/339_thumb.jpg (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=339)

If the fight comes off we will finally see if Hattons elite, mixing it with Tszyu is very risky but i think Hatton got the ability to cause an upset, but even in defeat Hatton would learn a lot from a great champion like Tszyu.

These guys are my favourite fighters, i dont know why i want the fight because someone will lose, but it could be a great fight to watch(if Hatton as good as he looks).

RobbieD
12-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Unless he gets cut bad, I can't see Hatton losing really. Personally I think Hatton vs. Cotto is the best fight out there.

Cletus Funk
12-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Everyone's talking about what will happen when Tszyu connects but nobody seems to be giving any thought to whether Tszyu can take Hatton's shots. If Phillips can stop him then I'm damn sure Hatton has the tools to as well. I don't think KT can win on points so I think it's down to the chins as to whether KT wins or not.

psychopath
12-05-2004, 03:08 AM
I though I already saw and replied to this thread :D

Anyway, Hatton has much to gain in this fight. If he makes it past KT then he will prove to the world that he is among the TOP.

Hudson_Hawk
12-05-2004, 03:13 AM
I though I already saw and replied to this thread :D

Anyway, Hatton has much to gain in this fight. If he makes it past KT then he will prove to the world that he is among the TOP.

Right . . . a chance of a lifetime for Hatton. He better take advantage of this because this chance may never come back to him.

nezahualcoyotl
12-05-2004, 03:16 AM
yea, i think of course its a win-win for Hatton.
Kostya MUST win. then fight DLH.
Hatton wins. MUST fight Cotto.

nezahualcoyotl
12-05-2004, 03:17 AM
oh wait!

how about COTTO-DE LA HOYA!

PUERTO RICO vs. Mr. Liver lol.

n14061981
12-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Poor Hatton

jont
12-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Hatton has not beaten too many fighters of Tsyzu's caliber most of his victories have come against old timers in the fight just to pick up a paycheck or way past their primes. Hatton does seem special from a British fighter perspective but I don't think he will ever become a world champ if he faces any of the better fighters of the 140 pounders. Kostya will beat him even at this late stage of a great career. It is hard to get hopes up on British fighter they normally don't do well against the best in the world although hatton does seem like a good fighter.

psychopath
12-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Hatton has not beaten too many fighters of Tsyzu's caliber most of his victories have come against old timers in the fight just to pick up a paycheck or way past their primes. Hatton does seem special from a British fighter perspective but I don't think he will ever become a world champ if he faces any of the better fighters of the 140 pounders. Kostya will beat him even at this late stage of a great career. It is hard to get hopes up on British fighter they normally don't do well against the best in the world although hatton does seem like a good fighter.

I'm leaning on the same point of view . . . reason why I want that fight to push through . . . Hatton really needs to prove himself . . . if he suceeds then good for him . . . I really like it when fighters shows their will and intention to seek their place in the history . . . among the greats.

RobbieD
12-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I know I have basic said the same thing in another post but Hatton has done all he can. He has beat everyone put in front of him and won the eliminators. It's a damn fact that Vivian Harris and Kelson Pinto refused to fight him. Frank Warren hasn't done him any favours really but Hatton has done all he can to this point.

alberto_villa
12-06-2004, 10:05 AM
I believe that Kosta Tzyu is going to win because Hatton has not fought people like Kozta Tzyu....Kosta Tzyu has proven that he has the power the boxing ability to win this fight...Proved his power at the Tzyu vs. Judath...lol

elveiel
12-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I believe that Kosta Tzyu is going to win because Hatton has not fought people like Kozta Tzyu....Kosta Tzyu has proven that he has the power the boxing ability to win this fight...Proved his power at the Tzyu vs. Judath...lol

I understand your point but its possible Tszyu never fought anyone as good as Hatton! The jurys still out on Hatton and he's looked impressive at every level, i'm unsure if Hatton is the real deal but its possible.

Tszyu has never fought a fighter with Hattons rampaging style, thats something Tszyu will need to think about if he's going to be effective against him!!

I'm slighty favouring Tszyu at this point but that could change building up to the fight(if it happens).

Your right about Tszyu proving his power, for some reason you can tell Tszyu's a puncher before he even lands a punch, he's got this powerful frame and great technique!!

Raekwon
12-06-2004, 10:42 AM
cant wait for this fight, i have respect for both fighters, id love to see hatton win it if it happens, but tszyu is also one of my fave fighters around at the moment, either way gonna be a good fight!
i just cant understand why they had trouble sorting the fight out, i know tszyu wants big money fights but surely fighting hatton has gotta be one of the bigger money fights out there at the moment, either way i cant wait for the fight :p

J !
12-06-2004, 01:01 PM
good chat fellas nice to see some pro hattpon views for a change.

i think you have to favour Kostya, he has proved he is the world number one at the weight recently (yes you can include cotto in that too and mayweather) the guy is out on his own.

Hatton can be open to right hands and if he doesnt work on this it could be good night vienna however, one thing that was overlooked though is the fact that Sharmba blatently didnt have anyting to stop Kostya marching him down. nothing to dissuade him at all.

By that I meanhe relied totally on being elusive and at 33 he didnt have it anymore, not at the top level.

Sharmba blatantly didnt carry any power.

Hattons workrate is phenomenal and he will dig Kostya in the ribs which could slow the 35 yr old legs down later in the fight.
hatton's culmulative punch power is underated.

Ask Mike Stewart.

However that big right of kostya's worries me.

So long as Ricky goe sa few rounds and acquits himslef well then he has won to be honest. He has nothing to lose as long as he doesnt get "judahed." i.e. a decent performance and losing would still give him more credibility and when Kostya jumps up he will be in the mix for another shot.

Should he win, well that would be fantastic, however i dont think this match will happen, reckon he could be fighting Philip N dou for the vacant IBF title personally.

Either way ill be there, just got my tickets through for Oliveria on Sat. Few boys few beers then back to shout on danny til the early hours, win win! :cool:

Cletus Funk
12-06-2004, 01:14 PM
good chat fellas nice to see some pro hattpon views for a change.

i think you have to favour Kostya, he has proved he is the world number one at the weight recently (yes you can include cotto in that too and mayweather) the guy is out on his own.

Hatton can be open to right hands and if he doesnt work on this it could be good night vienna however, one thing that was overlooked though is the fact that Sharmba blatently didnt have anyting to stop Kostya marching him down. nothing to dissuade him at all.

By that I meanhe relied totally on being elusive and at 33 he didnt have it anymore, not at the top level.

Sharmba blatantly didnt carry any power.

Hattons workrate is phenomenal and he will dig Kostya in the ribs which could slow the 35 yr old legs down later in the fight.
hatton's culmulative punch power is underated.

Ask Mike Stewart.

However that big right of kostya's worries me.

So long as Ricky goe sa few rounds and acquits himslef well then he has won to be honest. He has nothing to lose as long as he doesnt get "judahed." i.e. a decent performance and losing would still give him more credibility and when Kostya jumps up he will be in the mix for another shot.

Should he win, well that would be fantastic, however i dont think this match will happen, reckon he could be fighting Philip N dou for the vacant IBF title personally.

Either way ill be there, just got my tickets through for Oliveria on Sat. Few boys few beers then back to shout on danny til the early hours, win win! :cool:

Spot on mate. I've been worrying about his low left too. I'm sure he's aware of it though and it'll be interesting to see if it's sorted against Oliveira.

I really want this fight to happen just to see him digging away at KT's ribs for a while, even if he does get tagged and stopped at some point. It'd definitely hurry KT along upto 147!!

tri4ben2
12-06-2004, 05:31 PM
I don't want to hear any more about this fight being almost made.

I will believe it when I see it on the showtime website.

No wait, I will believe it when I see them staring at eachother in the ring before the fight. I dont want this to be a Pinto situation.

I will wait until that time to make a predicition, because I am not going to spend another minute thinking about hatton when all he does is fight bums.

And yes, every bum that he fought would kill me.

Cletus Funk
12-06-2004, 05:41 PM
I don't want to hear any more about this fight being almost made.

I will believe it when I see it on the showtime website.

No wait, I will believe it when I see them staring at eachother in the ring before the fight. I dont want this to be a Pinto situation.

I will wait until that time to make a predicition, because I am not going to spend another minute thinking about hatton when all he does is fight bums.

And yes, every bum that he fought would kill me.

Tell me who's fighting better opposition at 140 and I might agree with you.

elveiel
12-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Spot on mate. I've been worrying about his low left too. I'm sure he's aware of it though and it'll be interesting to see if it's sorted against Oliveira.

I really want this fight to happen just to see him digging away at KT's ribs for a while, even if he does get tagged and stopped at some point. It'd definitely hurry KT along upto 147!!

I think his left will always be a bit low but i have noticed he's been working on slipping right hands, he's becoming very good at it! Tszyu isnt the fastest fighter around so hopefuly Hatton can avoid the big right!!

Nick1998
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
In my opinion, Kostya kills Hatton. Too much power and experience.

enegue
12-07-2004, 06:30 AM
No matter what, I still think that KT will go past Hatton.

barryboy
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
It has been all over the British press from Frank Warren's mouth saying the fight is on for March :rolleyes:

TSZYU DISMISSES HATTON BOUT

Kostya Tszyu has dismissed the prospect of a spring showdown with Ricky Hatton.
The world light-welterweight champion claims he has not agreed a deal to face the Manchester fighter and has options he considers more favourable.
Hatton's promoter Frank Warren announced last week he had agreed a deal in principle with Tszyu's promoter Vlad Wharton.
Warren added the fight against Tszyu was likely to take place at Manchester's MEN Arena in March.
But Tszyu has disputed those claims, insisting that even if the fight was made he would be pushing for it to take place elsewhere.
Tszyu, who is heading to his native Russia for a holiday, told Fox Sports: "I am not fighting Ricky Hatton in Manchester any time soon.
"I can't believe Hatton's promoter is still saying I am fighting him, because there has been no deal made.
"When it is time to fight again we will see who is on offer.
"But I promised my family I would not be training over Christmas, so I will certainly not be fighting again by March."
Tszyu is reportedly considering bigger offers to face Arturo Gatti or Floyd Mayweather - ignoring the possibility of losing his IBF crown if he fails to meet leading contender Hatton.
He added: "I want to fight them both. They mean a lot more on the world scene than Ricky Hatton."

liams_parka
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
some people are saying hatton is making too much of a leap in class in wanting Tszyu, but who are the alternatives? he wants a big fight so in reality that limits it to cotto or Tszyu. mayweather just isn't a big enough name over here in England.

Tszyu on the hand is known even outside hardcore boxing circles.

psychopath
12-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Finally we got a clear answer . . . the fight is not on . . . but Tyszu is not discounting anybody or any possibilty.

Raekwon
12-15-2004, 03:36 AM
some people are saying hatton is making too much of a leap in class in wanting Tszyu, but who are the alternatives? he wants a big fight so in reality that limits it to cotto or Tszyu. mayweather just isn't a big enough name over here in England.

Tszyu on the hand is known even outside hardcore boxing circles.

i dont think ne1 here in england could name many fighters that hatton could fight, mayweather was popular in the 90's gettin a lot of tv coverage, imo no1 is a big name 2 the public who dont follow boxing

moochi
12-17-2004, 08:01 AM
i find it very interesting that one of the best p4p fighters in the world has to venture all the way over there to defend his own title.............not too mention i am concerned that the judges will heavily favour hatton.

Tyson_Bit_Holyfields_Ear
12-19-2004, 03:08 AM
This won't happen. Hatton will find a way out as usual.

amaru
12-20-2004, 06:21 PM
This won't happen. Hatton will find a way out as usual.

lol, i think frank warren will find a way out of this fight happening. he wants to protect hatton and make him not fight the top fighters because he knows hatton will still sell tickets in manchester and london. frank warrens just protecting his investment.

onikami
12-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Hutton will knock that dumb Aussie for six. Australia is not renowned for producing fighters.

davico
12-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Hutton will knock that dumb Aussie for six. Australia is not renowned for producing fighters.
You are a clown! Jeff Fenech, Jeff Harding and currently 3 World or interim world champs with 3 others vieing for title shots, and unlike UK fighters we don't mind going out of our own backyards to fight! What would a Pom know about hitting an Aussie for six anyway? When was the last time you won the Ashes? :D :D :D :D

elveiel
12-29-2004, 04:20 AM
You are a clown! Jeff Fenech, Jeff Harding and currently 3 World or interim world champs with 3 others vieing for title shots, and unlike UK fighters we don't mind going out of our own backyards to fight! What would a Pom know about hitting an Aussie for six anyway? When was the last time you won the Ashes? :D :D :D

Lets not turn this into an international war!! :cool:

Because you know we will kick your ass con(jokin)

Invader_Stu
01-10-2005, 07:53 AM

Yeah WTF are you on retard? Here you have a former undisputed champion of the world, a great all round fighter in anyones book, and yet he will get slammed merely because Australia is not world-famous for boxers? I suppose England is? Bahahaha. Everyone worldwide laughs at British boxing and says just how **** it is. It is all about entertainment and money and the paper heroes promoters build up and feed you. They never amount to anything because they wont leave their cushy pads. Aussies travel the world to take on challengers, win lose or draw. Our pathetic soccer team came over and beat you (NO-ONE plays that ***** **** here, play a contact sport, please), both our rugby teams came over and beat you, Tzyu will come over and beat you, and so will our all conquering Cricket team for the Ashes *again*.

Good luck Hatton - you'll need it.

barryboy
01-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Lets not turn this into an international war!! :cool:

Exactly. I'm actually a big fan of the Aussie boxing scene at the moment there's some good class fighters going about so the guy who said that obviously isn't very knowlegeable on the subject, so chill out boys :cool:

dustymoo
01-10-2005, 01:20 PM
You won the Rugby? I dont think so? As for that '*****' ****? I think you mean that Soccer requires inteligence, thats why your no good at it!
Fairplay, the Aussies kick ass at Racism though? Nevermind, it's only been just over 200 years. Give 'em another 100 to evolve!

onikami
01-10-2005, 03:30 PM
You won the Rugby? I dont think so? As for that '*****' ****? I think you mean that Soccer requires inteligence, thats why your no good at it!
Fairplay, the Aussies kick ass at Racism though? Nevermind, it's only been just over 200 years. Give 'em another 100 to evolve!

Hehehhehe. Good one.

davico
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM

How are Aussies racist? England colonised half the worlds population and invented the slave trade! Australia is also the most multicultural country on the planet so don't go making statements about things you clearly know F**k All About! :mad:

bklynell
01-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Maybe its me or something. Kosta Tszyu is the reigning true champion. Why is he going to a hostile region to retain his title? This fight really shows who Hatton is if he fights for the belts in a town of Tszyu's choosing, after all whose the champ here anyway? Remember this Tszyu does not need Hatton. Number one contender or not Hattton needs Tszyu. If you want to impress me with Hatton, I'd like to see him fight outside of Manchester, England.

Invader_Stu
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
You won the Rugby? I dont think so?

I do think so. Here's the proof dip****:
Rugby Union: Australia 21 vs. England 19 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/4043273.stm)

Rugby League: Australia 44 vs. England 4 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/4046521.stm)

I linked the news from your precious BBC so you couldn't dismiss it as Aussie propaganda. The matches were played last November.

I think you mean that Soccer requires inteligence, thats why your no good at it!
Oh, are soccer players intelligent? I do apologise. I guess I must have missed that when I was watching the thousands of braindead soccer fans riot in the streets every year. My mistake.

As Davico stated, everyone who lives in Australia knows how multicultural and accepting we are so stop talking ****.

dustymoo
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I was refering to THE WORLD CUP, of rugby, not the proper one.
Do you remember? It was only last year?

neostars
01-11-2005, 05:39 AM
I was refering to THE WORLD CUP, of rugby, not the proper one.
Do you remember? It was only last year?

**** get ova it man. England get hammered by Australia in nearly all sports.
The world cup was just a fluke. Little Jonhy and his field goals. Bores the **** out of me. Send the guy to ****ing soccer. A couple of years before the world cup Australia was hammering the crap out of England for a long time in Union.

davico
01-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I've just read that the IBF has said that KT has fulfilled his obligations to fight the mandatory challenger and that if the fight does not go ahead he will not be stripped. Once again Warren and Hatton have tried to weasel out of a fight they clearly never wanted only this time it looks like it has blown up in their faces.

average_expert
01-12-2005, 07:33 AM
i hope this fight does happen, KT has been underestimated a few times :rolleyes: mitchell was the favourite in their last fight wasnt he? ;) please let this fight happen

-----------
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
It's already on!!!