View Full Version : What are the least technical fights you have ever seen?

mhager91490
01-25-2010, 02:33 AM
A few that come to mind:

Sammy Hernandez-Billy Rey
Pipino Cuevas-Jose Palacios
Robbie Simms-Iran Barkley
Gene Fulmer-Gil Turner II (I assume the first isn't much different)
Chacon-Limon IV

What are some fights that you think didn't make the grade in the skills department.

Dynamite Kid
01-25-2010, 02:52 AM
A few that come to mind:

Chacon-Limon IV

What are some fights that you think didn't make the grade in the skills department.

Robbie Simms-Iran Barkley?never the less still a barn burner of a fight.:boxing:

BennyST
01-25-2010, 05:34 AM
A few that come to mind:

Chacon-Limon IV

Really?:thinking: Simms shows great skill in that fight, with a tendency to trade too much and for a guy with only a few fights up his sleeve Barkley was very impressive too.

Mine though? Easily Rogers Mtagwa vs Tomas Villa. I cringed and squirmed throughout the whole fight and felt sorry for both guys. Mtagwa afterward looked brain dead and as if he had no clue what was happening. He didn't seem to care about the decision that he won or anything.

One more round
01-25-2010, 05:46 AM
I've seen plenty of kids in their first few fights as amateurs that come to mind. If we are talking pro fights then obviously theres a zillion fights between cans you can pick.

If we are talking guys with names, Benn-Barkley was just a streetfight and it lasted about as long, Hagler and Hearns were both good technical fighters but that went out the window when they fought, a lot of Mayorga fights, Mancini fights etc

Bundana
01-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Foreman - Lyle

Dynamite Kid
01-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Can i put foward Matt Skelton vs Michael Sprott ? ABSOLUTE dribble!!!!

Two fat ladies dry humping each other.

TheGreatA
01-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Jack Dempsey vs Luis Firpo
Rocky Marciano vs Don ****ell

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HuD-s3gfq4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HuD-s3gfq4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sugarj
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Baer vs Carnera was a mess!!!

1SILVA
01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
A few that come to mind:

Chacon-Limon IV

All 3 Gatti-Ward fights
Saddler-PepIV
Jefferson-Harris

oldgringo
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Minto/Maddalone I

mickey malone
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Dempsey Willard
Bowe Golota
Bowe Tillery
Moorer Botha
Honeyghan Vaca II

DeepSleep
01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Foreman vs. Lyle was a streetfight with gloves.

One more round
01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah Gatti Ward is another mention

One more round
01-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Bowe-Holyfield 3 was up and down and all over the place.

Dynamite Kid
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
This was round of the year to.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVVwT7_fMpk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVVwT7_fMpk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1SILVA
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
a few that come to mind:

Sammy hernandez-billy rey
pipino cuevas-jose palacios
robbie simms-iran barkley
gene fulmer-gil turner ii (i assume the first isn't much different)
chacon-limon iv

what are some fights that you think didn't make the grade in the skills department.

foreman-lyle
gonzalez-letterlough
holt-torres ii
mancini-frias
all 3 holyfield-ruiz fights

mhager91490
01-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Really?:thinking: Simms shows great skill in that fight, with a tendency to trade too much and for a guy with only a few fights up his sleeve Barkley was very impressive too.

Mine though? Easily Rogers Mtagwa vs Tomas Villa. I cringed and squirmed throughout the whole fight and felt sorry for both guys. Mtagwa afterward looked brain dead and as if he had no clue what was happening. He didn't seem to care about the decision that he won or anything.

He looked kind of cagey fighting off the ropes but it was not a display of technical mastery by any stretch of the imagination, though it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Mtagwa-Villa was another great brawl, they just stood there and beat the **** out each other for the whole fight. Compelling to watch for entertainment but not for the skill level it was being fought at.

mhager91490
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Baer vs Carnera was a mess!!!

Baer's punches that night were wider than a bald eagles wingspan, he put a bad hurting on Carnera all the same.

mhager91490
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Minto/Maddalone I

This was a great Rocky'esque street fight, Maddalone's fight with Shannon Miller back in 2005 was even less technical than this one, both were fun to watch though.

oldgringo
01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
This was a great Rocky'esque street fight, Maddalone's fight with Shannon Miller back in 2005 was even less technical than this one, both were fun to watch though.

Yeah I suppose Brian Minto brought an element of technique to the fight, Mad Vinny was swinging for the fences though!

mhager91490
01-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah I suppose Brian Minto brought an element of technique to the fight, Mad Vinny was swinging for the fences though!

Brian didn't bring much though, they really were just bombing on each other. All Vinny had was a punch, he knew it and he made the most of it. The last few rounds of the Arreola-Minto fight were crazy as well, every punch thrown by both men was wide as hell but it was compelling to watch because Minto was really was giving his all but there was no skill, just heart in that fight.