View Full Version : greatest performances...

talip bin osman
01-24-2010, 04:11 AM
not necessarily your fave fighters...

not necessarily their greatest wins...

a fight when that boxer was simply just in his element...

mayweather-corrales

barrera-hamed

trinidad-joppy

whitaker-haugen

Fighting Marine
01-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Frazier vs Ali 1

Ali vs Cleveland Williams

Mayweather vs Corrales

Sergio Martinez vs Bunema

damn i can name about 100 fights, but these came to me first

CCobra
01-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Hopkins-Trinidad
Whitaker-Ramirez II
Dempsey-Willard
Charles-Louis

JAB5239
01-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Louis-Schmeling 2
Pazienza-Dele
Whitaker-Chavez

Marcov
01-24-2010, 06:47 AM

mayweather-corrales

barrera-hamed

trinidad-joppy

whitaker-mcguigan

I'm drawing a blank here "Whitaker-McGuigan"?

talip bin osman
01-24-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm drawing a blank here "Whitaker-McGuigan"?

sorry my bad...

it was suppose to be greg haugen... tnx for noticing man...

mickey malone
01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Nelson Fenech II
Leonard Hagler
Calzaghe Lacy
Frazier Ali I
Ali Frazier II
V. Klitschko Arreola
W. Klitschko Chagaev
Collins Eubank I
Eubank Wharton
Watson Benn
Mayweather Marquez
Hopkins Pavlik
Hopkins Tarver
Hopkins Trinidad
Taylor Hopkins I
Pacquiao Cotto
Pep Saddler
Hagler Hamsho I/II
Holmes Cooney
Toney Nunn
Douglas Tyson
Holyfield Tyson I
Tyson Thomas
Tyson Bruno I
Duran Leonard I
Leonard Duran II
Jones Woods
Jones Ruiz
Johnson Jones
McCallum Jackson
Morrison Foreman
Tunney Dempsey I
Barrera Hamed
Hamed Vazquez

Too many to mention..

Ray*
01-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Toney-Virov

1SILVA
01-24-2010, 09:53 AM

mayweather-corrales

barrera-hamed

trinidad-joppy

whitaker-haugen

Hopkins-Trinidad
Mayweather-Gatti
Bowe-Gonzalez
Mcgirt-Brown
Whitaker-Chavez
Ali-Liston I
Ali-Williams
Duran-Moore
Hearns-Hill
Hearns-Cuevas
Leonard-Duran II
Kalambay-McCallum I
Curry-McCrory
Calzhage-Lacy
Young-Foreman
Ike-Byrd
Byrd-Tua
Holyfield-Tyson I
Douglas-Tyson

baya
01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Toney-Virov

thought this was toney's last superb outing and then he gave us the holyfield blanketing - i remember that 12th round - ****en awesome.

Bundana
01-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Louis - M. Baer
Liston - Williams II
Frazier - Ellis I
Foreman - Frazier I
Holmes - Norton

Dynamite Kid
01-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Whitaker vs Haugen
Whitaker vs Cordona
Whitaker vs Brazier
Toney vs Barkley
McCallum vs Watson
Kalambay vs McCallum
Kalambay vs De Witt
Kalambay vs Barkley
Nunn vs Tate
Trinidad vs Joppy
Norris vs Brown 2

Marcov
01-24-2010, 02:19 PM
sorry my bad...

it was suppose to be greg haugen... tnx for noticing man...

no problem, simple mistake, I do it all the time.

My answer to the question

Ali-Foreman
Holyfield-Douglas
Holyfield Qawi I
Duran-Barkley
Leonard Benitez
Hearns Cuevas
Carbajal-Gonzalez I
Louis Schmeling II

T3dBundy
01-24-2010, 02:33 PM
ali vs liston 1
frazier vs ali 1
douglas vs tyson
schmeling vs joe louis 1 :D

JAB5239
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I just watched Mosley-Margarito again, surely that should be included, no?

tyger
01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Hearns-V.Hill
Antuofermo-Hagler(I had Hagler winning but Antuofermo showed great heart and made a fan of me, sad it was his last great performance)
Wilfredo Gomez-Lupe Pintor
Carbajal-Arce-never give up!
Ali-Liston/Foreman-Ali was not supposed to win!
Duran-Moore-some people had Moore a big favorite??

donkim
01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Duran-Moore-some people had Moore a big favorite??

There was a good reason why Moore was the favorite.Duran knew his chances were limited against Moore,which is why he thumbed him in the eye and stole Moore's title along with his career and maybe even his life.

mickey malone
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
There was a good reason why Moore was the favorite.Duran knew his chances were limited against Moore,which is why he thumbed him in the eye and stole Moore's title along with his career and maybe even his life.
So Duran let the handbrake go on the car did he?...

Have some more red, just for ya cheek

illmatickid
01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Toney - Barkley
Jones Jr. - Ruiz
Jones Jr. - Hall.... 0__o
Mayweather - Corrales
Mayweather - Gatti
Whitaker - Ramirez II
Pacquiao - De La Hoya
Hopkins - Pavlik
thats all i can think off the top of my head

dde91
01-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Ali-Foreman
Mosley-Margarito
Hopkins-Trinidad
Hopkins-Pavlik
Pacquiao-De La Hoya
Duran-Leonard 1
Ali-Williams
Foreman-Frazier
Williams-Wright
Coralles-Castillo(GREAT WAR/PERFORMANCE FROM BOTH FIGHTERS)
Barrera-Hamed
etc.

donkim
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
So Duran let the handbrake go on the car did he?...

Have some more red, just for ya cheek

You're an idiot,malone.It's well known that Moore spent the last five years of his life living in depression.

Duran had much to do with the downfall of Davey Moore the boxer,as well as Davey Moore the man.

JAB5239
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM

But like everything else with you, you can offer no proof Duran intentionally thumbed him, can you?

mickey malone
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
You're an idiot,malone.It's well known that Moore spent the last five years of his life living in depression.

Duran had much to do with the downfall of Davey Moore the boxer,as well as Davey Moore the man.
So when fighters go into deep depressions after losing their titles, you think it's acceptable to blame their opponent?
Well there you have it, Moore's car rolled down the driveway killing him, and Donkim holds Duran, mainly responsible, but in the same sentence, still has time to call me an idiot..
You couldn't make it up!

donkim
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
But like everything else with you, you can offer no proof Duran intentionally thumbed him, can you?

How the hell am I supposed to prove that Duran intentionally thumbed him? It's impossible to prove that he did so,obviously he would deny that he did,but the fact remains that he did and it proved detrimental to Moore's chances of even remaining competitive.

I can tell you that Duran has a reputation as a very dirty fighter and that he committed many fouls that intended to cause harm to his opponent.

So when fighters go into deep depressions after losing their titles, you think it's acceptable to blame their opponent?
Well there you have it, Moore's car rolled down the driveway killing him, and Donkim holds Duran, mainly responsible, but in the same sentence, still has time to call me an idiot..
You couldn't make it up!

Yes,you are an idiot,malone.You have proven yourself an idiot since you signed up to this forum.

The tainted loss to Duran had sent Moore on a downward spiral.Duran had beaten Moore mentally and physically through the means of illegal tactics.

For you to ignore Moore's downfall and the circumstances of which sent him to an early death is an absolute disgrace on your part and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ziggy Stardust
01-24-2010, 10:03 PM
You couldn't make it up!

And no doubt Duran held the gun to Randy Turpin's head too and delibrately broke Hearns' "famous right hand" during the weigh in to the Hagler Vs. Hearns fight, not to mention that Duran (along with Joe Frazier, Ray Robinson, Marvin Hagler, and Joe Louis) are personally responsible for the outbreak of Ebola in Zaire.

On a lighter note, I laughed my ass off when Duran raked Moore's eyes with his glove laces :D

Poet

mickey malone
01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
And no doubt Duran held the gun to Randy Turpin's head too and delibrately broke Hearns' "famous right hand" during the weigh in to the Hagler Vs. Hearns fight, not to mention that Duran (along with Joe Frazier, Ray Robinson, Marvin Hagler, and Joe Louis) are personally responsible for the outbreak of Ebola in Zaire.

On a lighter note, I laughed my ass off when Duran raked Moore's eyes with his glove laces :D

Poet
LOOOOOL....That's just made me spray a mouthful of coffee all over the moniter..

Ziggy Stardust
01-24-2010, 10:26 PM
loooool....that's just made me spray a mouthful of coffee all over the moniter..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JAB5239
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=donkim;7341983]How the hell am I supposed to prove that Duran intentionally thumbed him? It's impossible to prove that he did so,obviously he would deny that he did,but the fact remains that he did and it proved detrimental to Moore's chances of even remaining competitive.

Accidents like that happen all the time in this sport. An unbiased person would understand this instead of making ludicrous claims such as "which is why he thumbed him in the eye and stole Moore's title along with his career and maybe even his life." That is just a pathetically biased and hateful statement to make with zero proof as usual.
I can tell you that Duran has a reputation as a very dirty fighter and that he committed many fouls that intended to cause harm to his opponent.

And how many other fighters can you say the exact same thing about? Dozens? Hundreds? You act like a fighter should be prim and proper. Or maybe you just like to point to Duran because it helps your agenda. Bottom line is no proof no foul. Moore was simply out classed by a better, tougher more experienced fighter.

donkim
01-24-2010, 11:20 PM

Poet

Four men who spent their spare time beating women to bloody pulps.

I laughed when fatty Duran quit like a coward in New Orleans,and got a chuckle of William Joppy treating him like a prison whore........but I would never laugh at Duran cheating his way to a title win.

LOOOOOL....That's just made me spray a mouthful of coffee all over the moniter..

Considering the amount of time you spend with those ladyboy's,I doubt that was a mouthful of coffee.

Moore was simply out classed by a better, tougher more experienced fighter.

After being thumbed.

JAB5239
01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE]Moore was simply out classed by a better, tougher more experienced fighter.[/FONT][/COLOR]

After being unintentionally thumbed.

There you go, fixed it for you.

Ziggy Stardust
01-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Four men who who could get laid by women unlike myself as I'm a keyboard commando who has to beat his Willy to a bloody pulp in order to get satisfaction.

I laugh like fatty on crack when Jab and Company own me like a prison whore daily on Boxing Scene.

Considering the amount of time I spend with guzzling man juice, I don't doubt that I could use a mouthful of coffee.

Fixed it for ya' :D

Poet

donkim
01-25-2010, 12:22 AM
There you go, fixed it for you.

Do you have any proof that Duran "unintentionally" thumbed Moore?

Do you choose to remain ignorant and ignore Duran's illegal tactics that were used to cause harm to a fellow professional?

Fixed it for ya' :D

Poet

And a great deal of time you did spend "fixing" my post.Does a fat,lonely out of shape NAMBLA member such as yourself find it a bore to be stuck down in your parents basement all day?

Must hurt to hear the truth on your idols too.

DeepSleep
01-25-2010, 12:25 AM
There are too many masterpieces that come to my mind when I think ofem so Ill list a few of the ones that happened recently

Mayweather - Gatti, this fight was like watching a man trying to fight a ghost that can punch you in the face. More or less you can pick any Mayweather fight where he doesn't break his hands and just admire his work. His fight with N'Dou is also beautiful.
Clottey - Corrales, Clottey gives us a perfect of example of how to hit and not be hit while fighting in a phone booth, all the while putting together some of the prettiest infighting combinations I have ever seen.

Hopkins - Pavlik, Hopkins teaches Pavlik about lateral movement and using your footwork to dictate the action of a fight.

Wright - Mosley I, Wright gives a lesson on how to use some subtle pivots and some unorthodox footwork to create angles to throw the often neglected southpaw jab and control a very good fighter in Shane Mosley.

A few more of my favorites:

Ward - Kessler
Calzaghe - Lacy
Chambers - Dimentrenko
Marquez - PacMan I
Casamayor - Santana
Dawson - Johnson II

Also I'm a southpaw(right handed though) so I'm partial to watching them fight as I love watching Wright, Casamayor, Dawson, Hasegawa, Darchinyan, Martinez, Donaire, Darchinyian, Spinks etc. fight so my list is biased.

JAB5239
01-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Do you have any proof that Duran "unintentionally" thumbed Moore?

Was he warned? Deducted any points? Like I said earlier, these things happen all the time in boxing. Chalk it up as bad luck for Moore, but either way he was an outclassed fighter in with a guy with to much experience, talent, power and overall ability for a fighter with only 13 fights.

Do you choose to remain ignorant and ignore Duran's illegal tactics that were used to cause harm to a fellow professional?

As I've already stated most fighters will use rough house tactics. You singling out Duran just shows how biased you are with anything about him.

talip bin osman
01-25-2010, 02:09 AM
As I've already stated most fighters will use rough house tactics. You singling out Duran just shows how biased you are with anything about him.

i remember PBF applying liberal amounts of elbows to ricky hatton's face when they fought...

JAB5239
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
i remember PBF applying liberal amounts of elbows to ricky hatton's face when they fought...

Hell, I would bet there are more great fighters who took certain liberties with the rules than those that didn't.