• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos is your favorite Boxer? why?

Whos is your favorite Boxer? why?

MANNY PACQUIAO VS. JOSHUA CLOTTEY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES

BOXING WORLD RECORDS
    Last edited by queenieerika; 01-25-2010, 04:53 AM.

It's Hearns and Benn.. I tend to speak more about Hearns than i do Benn, so i'll give my reason's for the Dark Destroyer..

Watching him come through the ranks was just like watching Tyson.. Guys heads were bouncing off the ring aprons like nine-pins, & for anyone to go past the 3rd was almost unheard of.. To top it all, he was similar to Tyson in demeanor, clad in black shorts with an aggressive mohiccan hairstyle, nasty snarl and plenty of attitude, often saying,
    "I was put on this earth to kick ass."
    He was one of those fighters that as soon as you saw him, you knew he was gonna cause some serious damage..
    His unpredictability was also something that endeared me to him.. He could literally win or lose to anyone in the same day.. It was like, if he decided he was gonna win, that's exactly what he do, and in style too, but on some occasions, when he was getting the worst of it, it didn't seem to bother him and he'd surrender his aggression..
    But to watch and listen to him, was a great privilage and something that i always looked forward to..

Comment

I hope you get more defined answers than what I'm giving here, but I have so many favorites I would go over the 10000 character limit naming them all. I guess I have a few of the greats that I might favor but there are literally thousands of fighters from all time I appreciate alot. The only fighters I don't put on such a high level are still active ones that are guided so carefully and matched with caution. Back in the day when there was one title, they couldn't get away with that. But what can ya do?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        It's Hearns and Benn.. I tend to speak more about Hearns than i do Benn, so i'll give my reason's for the Dark Destroyer..

Watching him come through the ranks was just like watching Tyson.. Guys heads were bouncing off the ring aprons like nine-pins, & for anyone to go past the 3rd was almost unheard of.. To top it all, he was similar to Tyson in demeanor, clad in black shorts with an aggressive mohiccan hairstyle, nasty snarl and plenty of attitude, often saying,
        "I was put on this earth to kick ass."
        He was one of those fighters that as soon as you saw him, you knew he was gonna cause some serious damage..
        His unpredictability was also something that endeared me to him.. He could literally win or lose to anyone in the same day.. It was like, if he decided he was gonna win, that's exactly what he do, and in style too, but on some occasions, when he was getting the worst of it, it didn't seem to bother him and he'd surrender his aggression..
        But to watch and listen to him, was a great privilage and something that i always looked forward to..
        both great fighters and i like you was fascinated with their rise to the top....others i have followed

Tony Sibson
        George Foreman
        Marvin Hagler
        Roberto Duran
        Mike Tyson
        Riddick Bowe
        Lennox Lewis
        Roy Jones
        Pernel Whitaker
        Miguel Cotto
        Manny Pacquiao

Yet the above fighters i very rarely watch today, i much prefer to watch these fighters.

Marcel Cerdan
        Louis Rodriguez
        Gorrila Jones
        Mike"Bounty"Hunter
        Jerry Quarry
        George Chuvalo
        Frank Fletcher
        Emile Griffith
        Bazooka Limon
        Big John Tate
        Fritzi Zivic
        Eddie Perkins
        Oscar Bonavena
        Bob Satterfield
        Henry Hank

Comment

damn.....too many favourites to name...if i had to choose one...Muhammad Ali....fought the best in his prime, past his prime, and way past his prime when he shouldn't have....holmes and berbick should never have happened...i've only seen both those fights once, pains me to watch it.....P4P Ali's resume is the best ever, nobody can name me any fighter in history who has a better resume than Ali......he's exciting to watch, had so many great fights and rivalries etc etc

Comment

Jack Dempsey. A Heavyweight that defines ferocity, a class act who's popularity may never be matched (era for era, not all time). Dempsey fought his way to the top and whilst his title reign was far from spectacular, nobody can doubt that he did it the hard way. He rode the rods, fighting all comers, getting screwed over on a regular basis, fighting just to survive until he hooked up with Kearns and eventually worked with Rickard as well. Dempsey is a great HW, an ATG fighter and one of my favourite fighters.

Bernard Hopkins. I love his methodical style of fighting, his fearless nature, taking on anybody and the fact that at the age of 45, I'd favour him over every single LHW (save for Chad Dawson). Hopkins dominated the MW division (may have been a poor division, but it was better then it is now), racked up 20 title defences, fought P4P fighters on a regular basis from 40 onwards and is still one of the best fighters in the world.

Pernell Whitaker. The greatest defensive fighter of all time, a P4P legend and quite simply the greatest fighter since Salvador Sanchez. I've never seen a man beat a myriad of great fighters and make it look so easy. Whitaker fought them all, got robbed 3 times and made DLH look like an amateur (I scored it for Sweet Pea). The best P4P fighter from the early 90s right through to when DLH "beat" him.

Ezzard Charles. One of the greatest technicians of all time. An ATG fighter at LHW and HW, beat ATG fighters at MW, LHW and HW. Would've been three weight lineal champion had he got the shots he deserved (at MW and LHW). Never ducked a fighter, fought them all and beat them all on more than one occasion. The greatest LHW of all time, one of the great HWs (top 20) and is arguably a pretty high ranked MW (if Roy Jones can get a MW ranking.. than Charles can too. Charles MW resume ****s on Jones).
            Last edited by CCobra; 01-24-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCobra View Post
              Ezzard Charles. One of the greatest technicians of all time. An ATG fighter at LHW and HW, beat ATG fighters at MW, LHW and HW. Would've been three weight lineal champion had he got the shots he deserved (at MW and LHW). Never ducked a fighter, fought them all and beat them all on more than one occasion. The greatest LHW of all time, one of the great HWs (top 20) and is arguably a pretty high ranked MW (if Roy Jones can get a MW ranking.. than Charles can too. Charles MW resume ****s on Jones).
              That's it for me. A complete, accomplished fighter who fought everyone and more, of whom we have enough footage to talk about.

Hagler used to be my favorite, but I eventually had to admit to myself that he was not a very smart fighter, and that ruined it a bit for me.

Comment

Butterbean

just kidding

Ray Robinson
                Archie Moore
                Joe Louis
                Bob Foster
                Alexis Arguello
                George Foreman
                Muhammad Ali
                Thomas Hearns
                Roberto Duran
                for starters

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  both great fighters and i like you was fascinated with their rise to the top....others i have followed

Tony Sibson
                  George Foreman
                  Marvin Hagler
                  Roberto Duran
                  Mike Tyson
                  Riddick Bowe
                  Lennox Lewis
                  Roy Jones
                  Pernel Whitaker
                  Miguel Cotto
                  Manny Pacquiao

Yet the above fighters i very rarely watch today, i much prefer to watch these fighters.

Marcel Cerdan
                  Louis Rodriguez
                  Gorrila Jones
                  Mike"Bounty"Hunter
                  Jerry Quarry
                  George Chuvalo
                  Frank Fletcher
                  Emile Griffith
                  Bazooka Limon
                  Big John Tate
                  Fritzi Zivic
                  Eddie Perkins
                  Oscar Bonavena
                  Bob Satterfield
                  Henry Hank
                  No arguments there... Fantastic choices!

Comment

NIce favorites guys... hehehe have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                    X