View Full Version : Whos is your favorite Boxer? why?

queenieerika
01-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Whos is your favorite Boxer? why?

MANNY PACQUIAO VS. JOSHUA CLOTTEY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES (http://pacquiaovsjoshuaclottey.blogspot.com/)

BOXING WORLD RECORDS (http://boxingrecords.blogspot.com)

mickey malone
01-24-2010, 12:44 AM
It's Hearns and Benn.. I tend to speak more about Hearns than i do Benn, so i'll give my reason's for the Dark Destroyer..

Watching him come through the ranks was just like watching Tyson.. Guys heads were bouncing off the ring aprons like nine-pins, & for anyone to go past the 3rd was almost unheard of.. To top it all, he was similar to Tyson in demeanor, clad in black shorts with an aggressive mohiccan hairstyle, nasty snarl and plenty of attitude, often saying,
"I was put on this earth to kick ass."
He was one of those fighters that as soon as you saw him, you knew he was gonna cause some serious damage..
His unpredictability was also something that endeared me to him.. He could literally win or lose to anyone in the same day.. It was like, if he decided he was gonna win, that's exactly what he do, and in style too, but on some occasions, when he was getting the worst of it, it didn't seem to bother him and he'd surrender his aggression..
But to watch and listen to him, was a great privilage and something that i always looked forward to..

cooper5
01-24-2010, 02:24 AM
I hope you get more defined answers than what I'm giving here, but I have so many favorites I would go over the 10000 character limit naming them all. I guess I have a few of the greats that I might favor but there are literally thousands of fighters from all time I appreciate alot. The only fighters I don't put on such a high level are still active ones that are guided so carefully and matched with caution. Back in the day when there was one title, they couldn't get away with that. But what can ya do?

sonnyboyx2
01-24-2010, 03:45 AM
It's Hearns and Benn.. I tend to speak more about Hearns than i do Benn, so i'll give my reason's for the Dark Destroyer..

Watching him come through the ranks was just like watching Tyson.. Guys heads were bouncing off the ring aprons like nine-pins, & for anyone to go past the 3rd was almost unheard of.. To top it all, he was similar to Tyson in demeanor, clad in black shorts with an aggressive mohiccan hairstyle, nasty snarl and plenty of attitude, often saying,
"I was put on this earth to kick ass."
He was one of those fighters that as soon as you saw him, you knew he was gonna cause some serious damage..
His unpredictability was also something that endeared me to him.. He could literally win or lose to anyone in the same day.. It was like, if he decided he was gonna win, that's exactly what he do, and in style too, but on some occasions, when he was getting the worst of it, it didn't seem to bother him and he'd surrender his aggression..
But to watch and listen to him, was a great privilage and something that i always looked forward to..

both great fighters and i like you was fascinated with their rise to the top....others i have followed

Tony Sibson
George Foreman
Marvin Hagler
Roberto Duran
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Lennox Lewis
Roy Jones
Pernel Whitaker
Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao

Yet the above fighters i very rarely watch today, i much prefer to watch these fighters.

Marcel Cerdan
Louis Rodriguez
Gorrila Jones
Mike"Bounty"Hunter
Jerry Quarry
George Chuvalo
Frank Fletcher
Emile Griffith
Bazooka Limon
Big John Tate
Fritzi Zivic
Eddie Perkins
Oscar Bonavena
Bob Satterfield
Henry Hank

Fighting Marine
01-24-2010, 05:24 AM
damn.....too many favourites to name...if i had to choose one...Muhammad Ali....fought the best in his prime, past his prime, and way past his prime when he shouldn't have....holmes and berbick should never have happened...i've only seen both those fights once, pains me to watch it.....P4P Ali's resume is the best ever, nobody can name me any fighter in history who has a better resume than Ali......he's exciting to watch, had so many great fights and rivalries etc etc

CCobra
01-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Jack Dempsey. A Heavyweight that defines ferocity, a class act who's popularity may never be matched (era for era, not all time). Dempsey fought his way to the top and whilst his title reign was far from spectacular, nobody can doubt that he did it the hard way. He rode the rods, fighting all comers, getting screwed over on a regular basis, fighting just to survive until he hooked up with Kearns and eventually worked with Rickard as well. Dempsey is a great HW, an ATG fighter and one of my favourite fighters.

Bernard Hopkins. I love his methodical style of fighting, his fearless nature, taking on anybody and the fact that at the age of 45, I'd favour him over every single LHW (save for Chad Dawson). Hopkins dominated the MW division (may have been a poor division, but it was better then it is now), racked up 20 title defences, fought P4P fighters on a regular basis from 40 onwards and is still one of the best fighters in the world.

Pernell Whitaker. The greatest defensive fighter of all time, a P4P legend and quite simply the greatest fighter since Salvador Sanchez. I've never seen a man beat a myriad of great fighters and make it look so easy. Whitaker fought them all, got robbed 3 times and made DLH look like an amateur (I scored it for Sweet Pea). The best P4P fighter from the early 90s right through to when DLH "beat" him.

Ezzard Charles. One of the greatest technicians of all time. An ATG fighter at LHW and HW, beat ATG fighters at MW, LHW and HW. Would've been three weight lineal champion had he got the shots he deserved (at MW and LHW). Never ducked a fighter, fought them all and beat them all on more than one occasion. The greatest LHW of all time, one of the great HWs (top 20) and is arguably a pretty high ranked MW (if Roy Jones can get a MW ranking.. than Charles can too. Charles MW resume ****s on Jones).

wmute
01-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Ezzard Charles. One of the greatest technicians of all time. An ATG fighter at LHW and HW, beat ATG fighters at MW, LHW and HW. Would've been three weight lineal champion had he got the shots he deserved (at MW and LHW). Never ducked a fighter, fought them all and beat them all on more than one occasion. The greatest LHW of all time, one of the great HWs (top 20) and is arguably a pretty high ranked MW (if Roy Jones can get a MW ranking.. than Charles can too. Charles MW resume ****s on Jones).

That's it for me. A complete, accomplished fighter who fought everyone and more, of whom we have enough footage to talk about.

Hagler used to be my favorite, but I eventually had to admit to myself that he was not a very smart fighter, and that ruined it a bit for me.

Marcov
01-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Butterbean

just kidding

Ray Robinson
Archie Moore
Joe Louis
Bob Foster
Alexis Arguello
George Foreman
Muhammad Ali
Thomas Hearns
Roberto Duran
for starters

mickey malone
01-24-2010, 07:43 AM
both great fighters and i like you was fascinated with their rise to the top....others i have followed

Tony Sibson
George Foreman
Marvin Hagler
Roberto Duran
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Lennox Lewis
Roy Jones
Pernel Whitaker
Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao

Yet the above fighters i very rarely watch today, i much prefer to watch these fighters.

Marcel Cerdan
Louis Rodriguez
Gorrila Jones
Mike"Bounty"Hunter
Jerry Quarry
George Chuvalo
Frank Fletcher
Emile Griffith
Bazooka Limon
Big John Tate
Fritzi Zivic
Eddie Perkins
Oscar Bonavena
Bob Satterfield
Henry Hank
No arguments there... Fantastic choices!

queenieerika
01-24-2010, 08:01 AM
NIce favorites guys... hehehe have a nice day

Irish Hitman
01-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Ricky hatton i love his style of fighting in the inside up against the ropes, hooks to the body, thats why i like rendall munroe too up and close!

alza1988
01-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Active's Cotto probably .I like his style man and power .
All time any order
Roy Jones Jr
Gerald McLellan
Kostya Tszyu
Roberto Duran
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano
Muhamed Ali
Mike Tyson
Ricky Hatton
Joe Calzaghe
Steve Collins
Scott Harrison
Ken Buchanan
Willie Pep
Nazeem Hamed
Nigel Benn
Chris Eubank
Micky Ward
Arturo Gatti

mhager91490
01-25-2010, 02:18 AM
You couldn't force me to make just one choice, I just couldn't say one boxer and stick to my choice. The ones I have enjoyed watching the longest are these following:

Yaqui Lopez
Bobby Chacon
Mando Ramos
Juan Manuel Marquez
Orlando Canizales
Bruce Curry
Matthew Saad Muhammad
Khaokor Galaxy
Mahyar Monshipour
Veeraphol Sahaprom

These are the guys who I can watch their fights a million times and never get sick of seeing them.

The ones who I have been more interested in as of recent are:

Jung-Koo Chang
Alfonso Zamora
Lionel Rose
Wilfredo Vasquez
Sung-Kil Moon
Ayub Kalule
Alberto Jimenez
Jose Luis Ramirez
Zach Padilla
Jesus Salud

aristotlemoses
01-25-2010, 02:49 AM
First Ill go with Arturo Gatti.
Mainly because I'm from New Jersey and he's been my guy since I was younger and first started getting into boxing. I've been to way to many fights to count at Boardwalk Hall. I just was always in amazement watching him, I never saw anybody give that much of themselves to anything(atleast in the sporting world)
I was heartbroken watching him live against Gomez.(and obviously when he died)
He wasn't the greatest but I felt something watching him fight and it always took me away from my own problems and angst when I was younger haha.
I'll never forget.

F l i c k e r
01-25-2010, 02:56 AM
I like alot of guys but only have a few favorites. My number one though is...

Rocky Marciano. Why? Because his heart was gynormous and he punched for the win every time.

Tha_Greatest
01-25-2010, 03:30 AM
erik el terrible morales cause he was a plain out warror, in my opinion, he might be the most exciting fighter in boxing history

bojangles1987
01-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Right now, Manny Pacquiao.

All time, I don't know it's between Roy Jones Jr., Thomas Hearns, Muhammad Ali, and Joe Frazier.

talip bin osman
01-25-2010, 08:46 AM
gatti... pacquiao... saad-muhammad...

but if i have to choose one, its gotta be erik morales...

a solid resume, a fan friendly style & versatile enuf to be a technician one day or a brawler the fight prior or after...

Squabbles94806
01-25-2010, 09:42 AM
ALI and TYSON. Cus growing up in the 80's they were the two boxers i was exposed to the most. You ask kids these days and they'll say Mayweather and Pacquiao. Same difference.

I liked how ALI fought with finesse and I liked how Tyson fought with such fury and explosiveness. As a kid i would try to incorporate their styles with mine.

KittenFlaps
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Gatti.

Gatti because watching him fight, win or lose, I always felt inspired afterward. As if through watching him fight, standing up to anything, to keep swinging, to keep fighting no matter how much punishment he is taking I am a better, more enlightened person because of it.

Plus he was fun to watch.

Other favorites include:

Frazier: Showed a lot of heart, fun to watch, amazing resume.
Duran: Showed a lot of heart, fun to watch, amazing resume.
Tyson: Knocked the **** out of everyone.

phallus
01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
all time joe louis ( the greatest hw of all time ) or marciano
louis for the skills and marciano for the heart and punching power

james toney and nigel benn are my favorite fighters of now.
toney is most talented fighter i've seen in my lifetime besides RJJ, i love to watch the skills of the prime toney, and nigel benn because he could scramble a guy's brains with one punch

One more round
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
James Toney.

queenieerika
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
cute dog man... what dog is that anyway? hehe

DeepSleep
01-26-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't really have too many favorites to be honest, I root for guys I have boxed against or that I know from my gym/area personally that have gone pro but other than that I normally just like enjoying the sweet science on display.

If I'm forced to pick a guy to call my favorite I'll take Azumah Nelson because when I was a small fry my dad would show me tapes of him and point out all the little things he did so well.

sonnyboyx2
01-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Right now, Manny Pacquiao.

All time, I don't know it's between Roy Jones Jr., Thomas Hearns, Muhammad Ali, and Joe Frazier.

i am of the same opinion as you.. those are the fighters i most admire and enjoy watching

RockyB
01-26-2010, 02:31 AM
cant pick one but:

Mike Tyson
Joe Frazier
George Foreman
Rocky Marciano
Roy Jones Jr.
Manny Pacquiao
Shane Mosley
Evander Holyfield
Arturo Gatti

:)

donkim
01-26-2010, 02:41 AM
erik el terrible morales cause he was a plain out warror,

Quitters are warriors?

Frazier: Showed a lot of heart, fun to watch, amazing resume.

:lol1:

BritishBoxing92
01-26-2010, 06:52 AM

MANNY PACQUIAO VS. JOSHUA CLOTTEY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES (http://pacquiaovsjoshuaclottey.blogspot.com/)

IMO....My all time Favouraite and #1 boxer would be Mike Tyson. Reasons For This.

-Youngest HeavyWeight Champion Ever
-Had the Fastest KO Ever in Junior Olympics 8 Seconds
-Loved his Peek A Boo style when dodging the punches and throwing the lethal combinations.
-was a Monster in the ring Like Liston,Foreman,Shavers.
-Loved some of the outrageous stuff on live tv he did in the past...(NO not the Holyfield ear bite) but the stupid stuff like saying outrages stuff.

he will always be my most favouraite fighter of all time.....BUT i rate Muhammad Ali As the G.O.A.T boxer end off :). as for all the other fighters in the boxing game past and present i have respect for most of em but also not so much for others...peace

and Last...Bernard Hopkins....gotta love the guy and the way he fights and retained Middleweight titles for 10 years :). thats all

General Zod
01-26-2010, 06:57 AM
James Toney and Nigel Benn are my favorite fighters of now.
Toney is most talented fighter I've seen in my lifetime besides RJJ, i love to watch the skills of the prime Toney, and Nigel Benn because he could scramble a guy's brains with one punch
I agree, Toney and Benn are my two favorite fighters as well.

General Zod
01-26-2010, 07:01 AM
IMO....My all time Favouraite and #1 boxer would be Mike Tyson. Reasons For This.

-Youngest HeavyWeight Champion Ever
Im not sure if that was a good thing, it should of been obvious to his team that he wouldnt beable to cope with the fame at that point in his life

-Loved his Peek A Boo style when dodging the punches and throwing the lethal combinations.
-was a Monster in the ring Like Liston,Foreman,Shavers.
Yeah he was great in his fights with Green and Gross, shame he stopped bobbing and weaving after he left Rooney
Yeah Tyson back from 1986-1988 was one of my favorite fighters as well.

EzzardFan
01-26-2010, 02:30 PM

That's it for me. A complete, accomplished fighter who fought everyone and more, of whom we have enough footage to talk about.

WOW - other people with exquisite taste!

I cannot improve on CCobra's sentiments.

Other fighters I love are:

Harry Grebb - he was one of a kind we've never seen his likes before or since. I truly believe that Harry could have held his own in any era! He fought at the top for years, beating all the top middleweights, light heavyweights and heavyweights with the exception of Dempsey (who ducked him after he was made to look silly in sparring), AND ALL THAT TIME HE WAS BLIND IN ONE EYE AND NEVER WEIGHED MORE THAN 160lbs.

Rocky Marciano - this is purely personal because I look just like him am borderline 6' and 175-180lbs with a 42" chest, stoop shoulders, and freakishly short arms (reach identical to Rocky). I just wish I was as indestructible as him and could throw 600 punches a round...

Archie Moore - because he fought at or near the top until he hit 50 and really gave Marciano a good run for his money.

Sugar Ray Robinson - poetry in motion.

Stanley Ketchel - just imagine... Ketchel vs Grebb wouldn't that have been the greatest fight ever?

Jack Johnson - IMO he's up there with Ali and Louis for the #1 ATG heavyweight. If only we had more footage against quality (ie black) opponents.

Mike Tyson - in his early career the man was devastating. A lot of people forget that Tyson was always the smaller guy in the ring. I loved his style, he was like an scary indestructible version of Floyd Patterson on kryptonite.

Ali - circa 1967. At that time he was arguably the greatest heavyweight boxer the world has ever witnessed. I cite the Cleveland Williams and Ernie Terrell fights as evidence. Yes Williams was a shadow of his former self after being shot... but WOW. And you can't argue with the Terrell fight.

But ultimately Ezzard is my favourite, because he had it all. He fought and beat guys much bigger than him. Won the HW title and would/should have reigned supreme at LHW but was never given a shot. He beat Archie Moore three times. He took Rocky the distance when he was past his best, and almost TKO'd Rocky in their return. He was the only man to beat Louis between Schmelling and Marciano. IMO he was the greatest and most exciting technical boxer ever to grace a ring. RIP Ez.

ufirst
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
a few;
Sweet Pea- all time fave; superb speed, smarts, defense, reflexes and heart. plus got the nick name Grandma gives her little precious & would bust that ass if you tried him. A real legend in Hampton Roads, many a Sweet Pea urban tale (not great for the career) told there, The only legend whose house I've been to.

Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon; who I advise people who want to box to watch. Skill wise, maybe the best in the game today, can dance on you, make you look dumb and if you piss him off, light you up with his little fists. Too bad he has had to move up in weight for recognition.

James "Lights Out" Toney & Floyd Mayweather; shoulder roll, although I like James' better because he punishes the **** out of you when you miss. That **** is beautiful. Love Floyd's handspeed and his ability to take you out of your fight with defense.

Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor; if there were ever a junkyard dog of boxing, Aaron was him. Hit him with whatever, he'd shake it off. Underrated defense, good power, and unrivaled intensity make him a favorite. Without the drug problems, would've retired undefeated. 39-1 ain't bad though. Would have liked to see him and Leonard do it. What time is it?

Chavez: small pressure fighter ever imo. triple uppercuts and left hooks inside and still made dudes miss (grossly underrated defensively, I think because his offense shined so much)

Sugar Ray Leonard; what can I say that hasn't been said already. the heart of a killer hidden behind a million dollar smile. The original Golden Boy.

The Bodysnatcher, Mike McCallum; a fighter who specializes in body punching and doesn't get hit in return--skill level is overlooked. I think the only fighter i've ever heard James Toney praise- nuff said

BHop; what's not to like? Gritty, defensive enough to take you out of your game plan, & beats you up without showy punches. Talks **** & backs it up.

Salvador Sanchez; another dude who stayed in your chest & you still couldn't hit cleanly

The real Hitman, Tommy Hearns; Before he fell in love with being a power puncher "The Motor City Cobra" would box your ears off. Remember Hearns/Leonard I? Of course he could line up that lanky right hand & put you to sleep.

finally, Mickey Ward (I know, I know) despite what he lacked in skills that dude is all grit and heart. I'm not into bloodbaths but dude would walk through hell with gasoline trunks to land that hook to the liver, you gotta love that ****.:boxing::

KRUEGER
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
manny pacquiao
zab judah
shane mosley
miguel cotto
paulie malignaggi
jmm
and more....

UKRAINIANGIANTS
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Wlad and Vitali

ernes
01-29-2010, 03:07 AM
i didn't know that tyson knocked his opponent in 8secs.

Insane Ninja
01-29-2010, 04:00 AM
My all-time favorite is Mike Tyson. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with growing up during the 'Tyson era' of boxing. It really was exciting when Tyson fought. He was the last fighter to truly capture the attention of the American public, the last guy to mark the time when being the heavyweight champion of boxing meant being the 'baddest man on the planet'.

On top of that, he was a great fighter in his early years, before he became obsessed with the 'quick knockout' (which, ironically, hurt his ability to deliver said knockout). He was like a destructive force of nature in the ring.

Besides him, I've always been enthralled by the histories of Muhammad Ali and Jack Johnson. It's amazing how their fights could take on importance far beyond that of a regular boxing match, even one for the world championship. Jack Johnson's career is so darn interesting to follow, even without a vast amount of video footage of his fights. (Everyone who likes boxing should read 'Unforgivable Blackness').
The movie 'Cinderella Man' has also given me a soft spot for James Braddock.

My favorite current boxer is probably Floyd Mayweather Jr., but I don't really have favorites in boxing these days so that doesn't mean a whole lot. I just think he's a good fighter and my friend really like Manny Pacquiao, so rooting for Floyd is a good way to needle him.

ernes
01-29-2010, 04:17 AM
My all-time favorite is Mike Tyson. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with growing up during the 'Tyson era' of boxing. It really was exciting when Tyson fought. He was the last fighter to truly capture the attention of the American public, the last guy to mark the time when being the heavyweight champion of boxing meant being the 'baddest man on the planet'.

On top of that, he was a great fighter in his early years, before he became obsessed with the 'quick knockout' (which, ironically, hurt his ability to deliver said knockout). He was like a destructive force of nature in the ring.

Besides him, I've always been enthralled by the histories of Muhammad Ali and Jack Johnson. It's amazing how their fights could take on importance far beyond that of a regular boxing match, even one for the world championship. Jack Johnson's career is so darn interesting to follow, even without a vast amount of video footage of his fights. (Everyone who likes boxing should read 'Unforgivable Blackness').

My favorite current boxer is probably Floyd Mayweather Jr., but I don't really have favorites in boxing these days so that doesn't mean a whole lot. I just think he's a good fighter and my friend really like Manny Pacquiao, so rooting for Floyd is a good way to needle him.
hehehe lol...

i'll starting watching mike tyson videos..

EzzardFan
01-29-2010, 04:24 AM

The way that movie portrayed Baer was shocking. They made him out to be like Darth Vader or something. Max Baer was a nice man with the heart of a clown in a boxers body.

The best things about Braddock was his never giving up, and the fact that he was the first HW champ in a long time not to draw the colour line. The result was the great Joe Louis.

Insane Ninja
01-29-2010, 04:43 AM
The way that movie portrayed Baer was shocking. They made him out to be like Darth Vader or something. Max Baer was a nice man with the heart of a clown in a boxers body.

The best things about Braddock was his never giving up, and the fact that he was the first HW champ in a long time not to draw the colour line. The result was the great Joe Louis. Yeah, the movie did get some flack for the portrayal of Max Baer, but it worked for the film and from what I understand, was actually in line a bit with how he was viewed in the press at the time. It's unfortunate that is how a lot of people will think of Baer, though.

I agree about Braddock giving a title shot to Joe Louis. It was better than how things went for Jack Johnson not too far in the past.

ernes
01-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Frank "Frankie" Genaro is my favorite... hehhe the shortest professional boxer.

mhager91490
01-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Frank "Frankie" Genaro is my favorite... hehhe the shortest professional boxer.

Actually man, Baby Jake Matlala is the shortest professional boxer in history (at least my knowledge) standing tall at 4'10".

ernes
01-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Actually man, Baby Jake Matlala is the shortest professional boxer in history (at least my knowledge) standing tall at 4'10".
ohh? i didn't know that.... any way thanks for the info..

donkim
01-30-2010, 07:25 AM
zab judah

Judah never had a prime,he was always a good at best boxer.Judah is without question the most overrated fighter of the last twenty years.

We hear how talented and gifted Judah is,and how much potential he showed early on in his career,and I can tell you that Judah has never showed glimpes of what could have been.

Judah was never going to be great,he overachieved in knocking out an ill prepared,overtrained Cory Spinks,who struggled greatly to make weight.His next best win after that is against Chop Chop Corley and that's it.

Judah has a glass jaw and no heart and has been beaten every time he stepped in the ring with a challenge(except his one win over an ill prepared,overtrained Cory Spinks).

He is a disgrace to this sport and the sooner he retires..the better.

What is there to like about Judah? He was never a special talent and always stunk the joint out

Junito-Rulez
01-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Miguel Cotto, a very entertaining fighter who never ducks opponents, has heart, determination, came back in difficult situations, overcame adversity and always fight the best. Plus he has good skills, body punches and power.

#1Assassin
01-30-2010, 08:10 AM
McCallum - a true pugilist specialist. could do it all, and i love watching him study his oponents early on and then find a way to beat them. he would outbox his oponents and give them a beating at the same time, all bcuz of his smarts. the top guys ducked him like crazy, but he just kept taking on anyone who would fight him and beat the living hell out of them. never ducked nobody himself. a real craftsman.

Jackson - real fighter, never ducked nobody, came into the ring to ****ing kill ****. just a brutal man between those ropes, enforcer type *****. left fools in bodybags. also i like his style outside the ring, real reversal of his in ring personality.

Hearns - great boxing skills, nobody could outbox him. not SRL, not benitez not virgil hill.. NOBODY. and behind those skills he just came in with the same attitude as jackson. i remember how he used to say stuff like "the fans paid good money to see a good fight, they deserve a good show". hed always talk about how he took pride form being an entertainer on top of an athlete. and he sure did entertain.

McClellan - same thing as all of the above including McCallum except mike had a diffrent aproach. gerald came to take you out. his rolemodel was hearns who he said was the greatest fighter ever, and they had alot incommon. i like that boxer-puncher style, and guys with killer instinct. even if u dont know these guys u just gotta watch a staredown and u know ****s about to pop of. but they are not just wild sluggers, calculated attacks. hearns was called the hitman and thats the way they aproached a fight, ice cold and just professional. preizefighters, not dudes who just come in a throw wild hayemakers. again that boxer puncher style. feel me?

General Zod
01-30-2010, 08:23 AM
McCallum - a true pugilist specialist. could do it all, and i love watching him study his oponents early on and then find a way to beat them. he would outbox his oponents and give them a beating at the same time, all bcuz of his smarts. the top guys ducked him like crazy, but he just kept taking on anyone who would fight him and beat the living hell out of them. never ducked nobody himself. a real craftsman.

Jackson - real fighter, never ducked nobody, came into the ring to ****ing kill ****. just a brutal man between those ropes, enforcer type *****. left fools in bodybags. also i like his style outside the ring, real reversal of his in ring personality.

Hearns - great boxing skills, nobody could outbox him. not SRL, not benitez not virgil hill.. NOBODY. and behind those skills he just came in with the same attitude as jackson. i remember how he used to say stuff like "the fans paid good money to see a good fight, they deserve a good show". hed always talk about how he took pride form being an entertainer on top of an athlete. and he sure did entertain.

McClellan - same thing as all of the above including McCallum except mike had a diffrent aproach. gerald came to take you out. his rolemodel was hearns who he said was the greatest fighter ever, and they had alot incommon. i like that boxer-puncher style, and guys with killer instinct. even if u dont know these guys u just gotta watch a staredown and u know ****s about to pop of. but they are not just wild sluggers, calculated attacks. hearns was called the hitman and thats the way they aproached a fight, ice cold and just professional. preizefighters, not dudes who just come in a throw wild hayemakers. again that boxer puncher style. feel me?

Very good picks

Thurman Murman
01-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Prime DLH.

Fave Active fighters
1. Floyd
2. Pacman
3. Mosley
4. Cotto
5. JMM

#1Assassin
01-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Prime DLH.

Fave Active fighters
1. Floyd
2. Pacman
3. Mosley
4. Cotto
5. JMM

your new to boxing right?

ernes
01-31-2010, 07:03 AM
My new favorite is JOSHUA Clottey hehehe

ernes
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
your new to boxing right?
how calm you say that he is new to boxing?

BritishBoxing92
02-01-2010, 03:08 PM

#1 Favouraite Tyson....Youngest HW Ever,Vicious Fighter,Speed
#2 Muhammad Ali.....G.O.A.T Fastest HW Ever,Iron Chin,Beated The Unbeatable
#3 Bernard Hopkins.....Retained MW Titles for 10 Years,Never Been KOd,Oldest Man to Ever hold the MW Titles

ernes
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
woot all time favorite mike tyson

queenieerika24
02-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Mike tyson