No announcement yet.

advice for first fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for first fight

I do muay thai and in 2 months will have my first fight. My opponent is my about 5cm taller then me and is fairly quick and VERY strong. I've been doing it a bit longer though. Has anyone!!! got any advice or strategy i can use against this kind of fighter. Also at home I have got a heavybag speedball and speedbag. What techniques and drills should i be prractising.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

just get it into your mind that your going to win, preferably that your gonna knock him out. visalise how your going to win. As Ishe was told on the Contender (i hate that guy btw) 'plan your work and work your plan'

i know its not about actual physical drills, like you asked, but mental preperation can be just as important.

Comment

if he's VERY STRONG as you say, maybe you can do Ali's rope-a-dope with him in muay thai. Use his strength against him. Just a thought...I don't know if it means much, but it's a strategy.

Comment

sorry whats muay thai?

forgive the ignorance

Comment

muay hai is a form of kickboxing but with knees elbows and grappling. And sorry what was alis rope a dope?

Comment

rope-a-dope is a resting tactic where u let the opponent ware themselves out then u attack in like the 7th. By that time they are tired.

It was done by Ali against Foreman (Rumble in the Jungle) and mainly consists of him standing against ropes taking punches and verbally intimidating the opponent. Once they have given it their best shot they cant stand properly (cos its so hot in cairo where this happened) then Ali strook and won the fight within bout 2 rounds i think.

Clever stuff eh?

Comment

Problem is its only a three round fight.

Comment

DO NOT PULL OFF A ROPE A DOPE IN THE AMATEURS!!

Those gloves are nothin like the gloves Ali used and u got headgear

and it's only 2 minute rounds

stupidest thing u can do, dont rely on knockouts in amateurs..

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Great_Rippuh
                  DO NOT PULL OFF A ROPE A DOPE IN THE AMATEURS!!

Those gloves are nothin like the gloves Ali used and u got headgear

and it's only 2 minute rounds

stupidest thing u can do, dont rely on knockouts in amateurs..
                  It was just a suggested tactic, mate. In any case, if it's that short, I would then suggest being on technically sound more than anything else. Observe his weakness(es) and exploit them.

But as a tactic, I think rope-a-dope can work anywhere, anytime in my opinion. It depends on how and why it is being used.

Comment

Working...
                  X