View Full Version : need help catchin up here

roXy graziano
11-30-2004, 02:36 PM
hey I was doin great runnin and workin out and training and I came down with mono. I had it for about 6 months and it really took a toll. I've just got my health back this last month and I just went for my first run today in months and months. I couldn't make it more than a half-mile and I felt real sick. Anyway I'm gonna start training again real soon and if runnin is making me sick no way am I gonna be able to start doin anything else. Anybody have any advice on how to get back into action after being sick for a long time?? I'm not sure how long to wait after having mono, I was so sick but I don't really have a doctor to ask if it's allright to start workin out and everything?

I'd really appreciate it! Shalom

alberto_villa
11-30-2004, 02:45 PM
after a month or so, your conditioning will be alot better...I really dont know what to tell you about your problem but dont worry...if you believe that your going to be good, then just keep training and see what happens.

blockburna944
11-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Dont kill yourself starting out. Start slow and increase gradually, but stay busy and stay focused. If you keep pushing yourself without overtraining, youll be in shape in no time.