View Full Version : Newyoricans.....

NAPO
01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Seriously, This is starting to piss me off.

I don't really care about what people want to be or represent. But I can't stand when a newyorican reps PR thinking because they eat rice with beans or they call their parents mami and papi or because their parents or even grandparents are from the Island.

In reality, most of this people don't know how to speak Spanish, don't really know **** about our history and the worst of all, they haven't been on the Island.

And yet, You see this guys having the Puerto rican flag all over the damn place.

However,There are always a few newyoricans who do go and try to learn the culture, the language and the bond,so they could know what they represent.

And plus, I have seen this mother****ers going against Real Ricans from the Island because they get the girls most of the damn time,and they go to any side except their "own".

If you are Newyorican, Please Learn who Puerto Ricans Are.So you could embrace your heritage.

If no Then STFU.

The Underboss
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Most Nuyoricans don't know **** about Puerto Rico and they can barely form a proper sentence in Spanish.

but yet they wave the flag like they've been to PR all their life, like are you serious? :ugh:.

I remember seeing a video of Pedro Albizu and then some random reporter asked some Nuyoricans who he was and then said ''Ehh i don't know, as long as he's Puerto Rican he's cool'' :rofl:.

NAPO
01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Most Nuyoricans don't know **** about Puerto Rico and they can barely form a proper sentence in Spanish.

but yet they wave the flag like they've been to PR all their life, like are you serious? :ugh:.

I remember seeing a video of Pedro Albizu and then some random reporter asked some Nuyoricans who he was and then said ''Ehh i don't know, as long as he's Puerto Rican he's cool'' :rofl:.

I watched that. it pissed me off watching that.

There was even a guy with Albizu pic on his shirt an he didn't know who he was.

BOLLOCKS
01-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I agree, they're fake Ricans, just like the Pochos are fake Mexicans. :D

The Underboss
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
I watched that. it pissed me off watching that.

There was even a guy with Albizu pic on his shirt an he didn't know who he was.

Yea, i think it was you who posted that video.
some guys speaking about P.R women being fed poison by american soldiers etc.

:nonono:.

ny123
01-20-2010, 10:29 PM
damn no love for the ricans out here in ny :wtf:

Toney Loc
01-20-2010, 10:44 PM

You beat me to it, mate. I can't stand Pochos. :down: :nonono:

Lokotron
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM

I don't really care about what people want to be or represent. But I can't stand when a newyorican reps PR thinking because they eat rice with beans or they call their parents mami and papi or because their parents or even grandparents are from the Island.

In reality, most of this people don't know how to speak Spanish, don't really know **** about our history and the worst of all, they haven't been on the Island.

And yet, You see this guys having the Puerto rican flag all over the damn place.

However,There are always a few newyoricans who do go and try to learn the culture, the language and the bond,so they could know what they represent.

And plus, I have seen this mother****ers going against Real Ricans from the Island because they get the girls most of the damn time,and they go to any side except their "own".

If you are Newyorican, Please Learn who Puerto Ricans Are.So you could embrace your heritage.

If no Then STFU.

It's true I agree some have claim their Puerto Rican and don't even act Hispanic.Some don't even know Spanish no offense not to start problems but, some like to talk **** about peoples countries and don't even know anything about their own country.

PowerpuG
01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't have have a problem with them. I do think that it's two different cultures though. I have cousins in NY and they're just different. The truth is no matter what their origin, most people in the US are ignorant to other cultures... even their own:doh: I think the over-board repping of the flag (wearing it as clothes on a daily basis) shows a bit of insecurity and it shows they have somewhat of an identity crises. No need to rep a flag from a place you've never been to. I think if you want to show your pride you should educate yourself on the culture and like you said Napo, actually visit the Island. That said, I still have love for Nuyoricans. The truth is they have had a huge influence on PR (and vice versa) as far as music, fashion, and many other things for many years....

Two Clips
01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I've never really understood how someone can live in a spanish household and can't speak the language. I have a homeboy thats parents are from mexico and his mother cant speak english and he still doesnt know how to speak spanish

ny123
01-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I've never really understood how someone can live in a spanish household and can't speak the language. I have a homeboy thats parents are from mexico and his mother cant speak english and he still doesnt know how to speak spanish

it depends my family been in ny for about 60 years now so my spanish is pretty basic if you have a mother who speaks to you only in spanish and you dont speak spanish your just stupid also about the prs out here in ny of course we are different we come from ny so thats what we know and i agree that the dudes walking around with a flag on the shirt represnting somewhere they have never been and dont understand is lame.

The Underboss
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM

Americanized-Hispanics :nonono:.

NAPO
01-20-2010, 11:23 PM

He's an Idiot. He probably does know how to speak it, but won't do it.

Toney Loc
01-20-2010, 11:24 PM
He's an Idiot. He probably does know how to speak it, but won't do it.

It's even worse when they're like that. That **** is terrible.

NAPO
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
damn no love for the ricans out here in ny :wtf:

Nothing against them because I have families who are born and raise in NY.my Mom was born in NY herself. But we unerstood that we had to learn our heritage so we could proudly call ourselves Puerto Ricans.

NAPO
01-20-2010, 11:29 PM
It's even worse when they're like that. That **** is terrible.

Seriously, What is so wrong about being bilingual? That **** could get you far in Life.

Two Clips
01-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Seriously, What is so wrong about being bilingual? That **** could get you far in Life.I sure wish I was, the money is sicc for bilinguals!

The Underboss
01-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Nothing against them because I have families who are born and raise in NY.my Mom was born in NY herself. But we unerstood that we had to learn our heritage so we could proudly call ourselves Puerto Ricans.

were you born in NY or in PR?

EngorgedW/Blood
01-21-2010, 12:51 AM

That's the impression I get from every Puerto Rican on this site. Even my best friend admits that he roots for PR fighters because he's PR. I'm Hispanic but i'm not as militant as most Hispanics on here. I have different favorite fighters from different races.

EngorgedW/Blood
01-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Two of my 5 best homies are "Newyoricans"(first time I heard this word) and I honestly have nothing bad to say about them.

The Underboss
01-21-2010, 12:58 AM
That's the impression I get from every Puerto Rican on this site. Even my best friend admits that he roots for PR fighters because he's PR. I'm Hispanic but i'm not as militant as most Hispanics on here. I have different favorite fighters from different races.

I always thought you were white Kev :lol1:.

yeykax
01-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Eso es verdad brodel **** esos maricones think they the ****........Que viva el borincano!!!!

Panchito
01-21-2010, 03:06 AM

That sucks. There's no excuse for that because spanish courses are provided in US high school's and mandatory in a majority of high school's in California.

The Underboss
01-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Eso es verdad brodel **** esos maricones think they the ****........Que viva el borincano!!!!

:haha:......

Cuauhtémoc1520
01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Damn, I'm technically a "pocho" because i was born in the U.S but I have lived in Mexico as well. I know how to read and write Spanish as well as I can English.

I know my culture very well and am proud of my Mexican heritage.

As far as the Newyoricans, I can say there's a big difference. Just like Chicanos and Mexicans from Mexico. Some culture is lose and the biggest difference is the fact that most Mexican/Americans don't know what it's like to live in a 3rd world country.

I lived in Mexico City for 5 years, TLALPAN-TAXQUEÑA Mexico DF.

rskumm21
01-21-2010, 04:36 PM

If no Then STFU.

Well it goes both ways when people from the islands want to jump on nuyorricans about not speaking fluent spanish, but they take advantage of US benefits, move to the states, and can't even speak a word of English. Now whats up with that? All Puerto Ricans should stick together instead of fighting over this bull****. This has been going on for years and it's ****ing stupid. The reason why Cubans are so much more successful than us and practically run their own American city (Miami) is because they all stick together and help each other out, regardless of if they are born in the US or straight off the boat. Wake up people and lets help each other out. If you know a Puerto Rican who doesn't speak Spanish, then help then learn, instead of *****ing about it and vice versa. They obviously have some sort of pride in their heritage if they are representing like you say they are. "Real Puerto Ricans" Give me a break. To everyone else (white people mainly) we are all the same:Spics. You think they care if we speak spanish or not? They laugh at the fact that we argue over stupid **** like this. Let's unite and do something, instead of sitting around and talking ****.

The Underboss
01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Well it goes both ways when people from the islands want to jump on nuyorricans about not speaking fluent spanish, but they take advantage of US benefits, move to the states, and can't even speak a word of English. Now whats up with that? All Puerto Ricans should stick together instead of fighting over this bull****. This has been going on for years and it's ****ing stupid. The reason why Cubans are so much more successful than us and practically run their own American city (Miami) is because they all stick together and help each other out, regardless of if they are born in the US or straight off the boat. Wake up people and lets help each other out. If you know a Puerto Rican who doesn't speak Spanish, then help then learn, instead of *****ing about it and vice versa. They obviously have some sort of pride in their heritage if they are representing like you say they are. "Real Puerto Ricans" Give me a break. To everyone else (white people mainly) we are all the same:Spics. You think they care if we speak spanish or not? They laugh at the fact that we argue over stupid **** like this. Let's unite and do something, instead of sitting around and talking ****.

exactly, let's all unite and prove to crackas that we can do it as well.

silvrcelica01
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
first off let me say that NAPO aint even puerto rican..... i dont know how many times i have to expose this idiot... stop claiming something your not NAPO..

Derranged
01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Most of the Newyoricans I've encountred speak Spanish.

And Im from New York.

Derranged
01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
exactly, let's all unite and prove to crackas that we can do it as well.

:wave: :wave:

I suggest "The Overboss" for your new account name.

NAPO
01-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Apparently you don't get my point.

NAPO
01-21-2010, 10:32 PM
first off let me say that NAPO aint even puerto rican..... i dont know how many times i have to expose this idiot... stop claiming something your not NAPO..

Stop hanging in my balls idiot.

rskumm21
01-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Apparently you don't get my point.

You really don't have one. You're spouting off ignorance and HATE against people with the same blood in their veins as you. Just be a Man and admit you're wrong.

The Underboss
01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
:wave: :wave:

I suggest "The Overboss" for your new account name.

:rolleyes:...
and i'm sorry if i offended you Georgie.
it's just that white people all they want is for us hispanics to remain poor.
we can't allow that, we need to unite and show them that we can be like them.

The Underboss
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM

:haha: :haha: is NAPO really venezuelan? :rofl:.

Derranged
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
:rolleyes:...
and i'm sorry if i offended you Georgie.
it's just that white people all they want is for us hispanics to remain poor.
we can't allow that, we need to unite and show them that we can be like them.

Have a nice vacation!!!

:wave:

Hopefully you realized by now that everytime I say Im gonna report someone its meant to be joke..

NAPO
01-21-2010, 10:50 PM
You really don't have one. You're spouting off ignorance and HATE against people with the same blood in their veins as you. Just be a Man and admit you're wrong.

LOL Mera papito

All im saying is that if you want to embrace your heritage you have to learn it.

How the **** are you going to represent something that you don't even know about?

NAPO
01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
:haha: :haha: is NAPO really venezuelan? :rofl:.

Yeah , im from maracaibo. lol

Have a nice vacation!!!

:wave:

Hopefully you realized by now that everytime I say Im gonna report someone its meant to be joke..

You are not welcome in my thread sir.

Until you admit that Boston>NYC.

The Underboss
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah , im from maracaibo. lol

You're joking right? :lol1:.

Derranged
01-21-2010, 10:58 PM
You are not welcome in my thread sir.

Until you admit that Boston>NYC.

Not happening.

Bye.

See you when you finally realize that NYC > Boston.

NAPO
01-21-2010, 10:59 PM
You're joking right? :lol1:.

Remember XCACA is saying that im not.

silvrcelica01
01-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Remember XCACA is saying that im not.

dont let me bring up the post of you admitting it, just stop already, your embarrassing yourself more, i dont want to put the nail in the coffin for your stupid ass.

NAPO
01-21-2010, 11:20 PM
dont let me bring up the post of you admitting it, just stop already, your embarrassing yourself more, i dont want to put the nail in the coffin for your stupid ass.

Bring it *****.

Del Coqui
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
I dont have a problem with Nuyoricans, **** I remember when i lived in the states I dressed everything PR too. PRs are proud ppl, I guess that goes from generation to generation no matter where you are, most latinos are like that not only PRs. One thing is clear thou, Nuyoricans are treated a lot better here than the way they treat us when we go to the states.

rskumm21
01-22-2010, 05:23 PM
LOL Mera papito

All im saying is that if you want to embrace your heritage you have to learn it.

How the **** are you going to represent something that you don't even know about?

I'm not even going to waste my time. You're not even Puerto Rican! Wow.

NAPO
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm not even going to waste my time. You're not even Puerto Rican! Wow.

Yeah right... lol

Learn the Culture an then talk all the **** you want huelebicho.

rskumm21
01-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah right... lol

Learn the Culture an then talk all the **** you want huelebicho.

"Huelebicho"...ha, that's cute. It must be REALLY hard for you to type with a bicho up your ass. Mama guevo. You're not even Puerto Rican, or from New York. Go back to Venezuela ****in' mama pinga. Say what's up to Hugo Chavez hijo de puta.

NAPO
01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
"Huelebicho"...ha, that's cute. It must be REALLY hard for you to type with a bicho up your ass. Mama guevo. You're not even Puerto Rican, or from New York. Go back to Venezuela ****in' mama pinga. Say what's up to Hugo Chavez hijo de puta.

"Mamapinga" ? "Mamaguevo"?

LMAO!!! if you are puerto rican, you'll known they don't say that in PR pendejo.

Venirme a frontiar jodio rican wanabe.

rskumm21
01-23-2010, 03:10 PM
"Mamapinga" ? "Mamaguevo"?

LMAO!!! if you are puerto rican, you'll known they don't say that in PR pendejo.

Venirme a frontiar jodio rican wanabe.

What would you know, you're a Venezuelian from Boston, that's half Cuban. You should be used to that kind of talk where you live in Little Havana.

ELHURACAN58
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM

If I am am right youre a Gamboa nuthugger. So you have little say in this "lets all unite like cubans do" if your rican. Hypocrite

rskumm21
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
If I am am right youre a Gamboa nuthugger. So you have little say in this "lets all unite like cubans do" if your rican. Hypocrite

You're wrong pendejo. Go back and read my recent posts on Gamboa and you'll see I'm the complete opposite of a Gamboa nuthugger. Either you can't read, or you're logic is ****ed. I just started a thread yesterday about how Gamboa gets hit too much, and have commented on other threads agreeing with the fact that people are overhyping him.

ELHURACAN58
01-27-2010, 08:18 PM
You're wrong pendejo. Go back and read my recent posts on Gamboa and you'll see I'm the complete opposite of a Gamboa nuthugger. Either you can't read, or you're logic is ****ed. I just started a thread yesterday about how Gamboa gets hit too much, and have commented on other threads agreeing with the fact that people are overhyping him.

Hmm I must be mistaking avatars then.. sorry bro:footinmou

rskumm21
01-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Hmm I must be mistaking avatars then.. sorry bro:footinmou

All good bro.:beerchug:

Undefeated
01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Yea.. New York is full of them ****suckers.

I'm talking to a girl who is boriqua, pero la puta no sabe nada de Puerto Rico.. Doesn't speak spanish, nor stepped foot on the island, and she has pics of her representing the flag.. I mean she looks good, but that's all.. I'm going to fack the ***** and then leave.. My girl gotta speak spanish. Its a must.

Pero I feel you though.. I can't really type spanish all that great, but I can speak it clearly.. People think i'm dominican though lol.

NAPO
01-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Yea.. New York is full of them ****suckers.

I'm talking to a girl who is boriqua, pero la puta no sabe nada de Puerto Rico.. Doesn't speak spanish, nor stepped foot on the island, and she has pics of her representing the flag.. I mean she looks good, but that's all.. I'm going to fack the ***** and then leave.. My girl gotta speak spanish. Its a must.

Pero I feel you though.. I can't really type spanish all that great, but I can speak it clearly.. People think i'm dominican though lol.

Na, I mentioned ricans fron New York like you.

The ones that really want to embrace the Puerto Rican Culture and do so.

EyeOpener
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM

If no Then STFU.

A bit angry huh?
IF someone is proud of their heritage its fine with me. I dont expect every black man in America that wave the Red Black and Green to speak African, or My Irish friends with Irish Flags tattooed on their forearms to speak Gaelic, Italians to speak that and so forth.
Pride is a sin and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. But they are simple people that have pride nothing more or less. Many PRs in America have their ancestry here since the late 1800's. So they are "Americanized" and thats fine.
As for ignorance...that my friend is found in every ethnicity in NYC...if it seems to show alot from New York Ricans ..you have to understand PR's are the largest Latin group in NY so of course you will see more of them.
Other groups like say Dominicans and Mexicans in NYc, most speak Spanish because the are first generation in America or NYC...Let them be in NY for over a hundred years and you will see them only speaking english too.

NAPO
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
A bit angry huh?
IF someone is proud of their heritage its fine with me. I dont expect every black man in America that wave the Red Black and Green to speak African, or My Irish friends with Irish Flags tattooed on their forearms to speak Gaelic, Italians to speak that and so forth.
Pride is a sin and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. But they are simple people that have pride nothing more or less. Many PRs in America have their ancestry here since the late 1800's. So they are "Americanized" and thats fine.
As for ignorance...that my friend is found in every ethnicity in NYC...if it seems to show alot from New York Ricans ..you have to understand PR's are the largest Latin group in NY so of course you will see more of them.
Other groups like say Dominicans and Mexicans in NYc, most speak Spanish because the are first generation in America or NYC...Let them be in NY for over a hundred years and you will see them only speaking english too.

Again,

Read my post again.

Boxer1590
01-28-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't really mind if people want to represent their roots even if they don't know about their culture. Sounds like a dumb idea lol but whatever, do you and ima do me.

I never really go around waving flags or nothing. I'm half Puerto Rican and Mexican and Portuguese/Brazilian, and I look like I'm probably Italian lol. I know a lot about PR culture and I've been to the island a bunch of times, haven't been in 6 years though. I should be there right now but I got a ps3 instead lol.

MatchMaker215
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Im from Philly,Rican,never been to PR(maybe one day),and never speak spanish(unless its to a older rican),was raised in a black neighborhood......

-Hyperion-
01-29-2010, 09:01 PM

rofl.....this post is gold