View Full Version : A Turning Point?

Mr. Ryan
05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I went to the gym yesterday and was working out, doing my normal routine. I shadow boxed for about 2 rounds, talked ****, this and that. When I began hitting the bags, my trainer said "Take off the chin ring, you're sparring." After about 20 minutes or so of trying to take it off, it was my turn to spar. I had sparred this kid about a month ago, looked terrible in front of this girl I liked, and was relegated back to **** talker status. Not this night.
Before the first round, I bowed my head in the corner and told myself that if I knock this kid out, I can get this girl that I liked. I went out the first round and basically pawed with the jab, waiting for him to get stupid and catch him slipping. I outworked him, but was paying a heavy price with my stamina. The second round was more active, as I acaught him time and again with my left hook lead and right hand, while catching alot of overhand rights over my jab. He caught me on the ropes a few times, but I covered up well. At the end of the second, I was absolutely exhausted, my shirt was covered in blood from my nose, and was hanging onto the top rope for support. My trainer was like "OK kid, you're done." I pulled my gloves away from him and was like "NO!". Everyone was like, "This kid is crazy."

I started the round with a big flurry that lasted 20 seconds or so, and then went into a shell as I was absolutely exhausted. Then, with about 20 seconds left in the round, as Lucky my trainer was giving him instructions on how to get around my guard on the ropes, I jumped out of the corner nailing him with 5 or 6 hard shots telling him "Yeah, like this, like this!"
I was so exhausted that my mouth piece fell out of my mouth after the 3rd round.
After I left the ring, everyone was giving me props for my entertaining and gutsy performance. But what struck me was when we were closing the gym, Lucky told me that if I would stay committed to the sport, I had the talent, heart, and charisma to win every amateur title, and be a great professional, but only if I cleaned up my act out of the ring. He said that committing myself to the sport would completely change my life in and out of the ring. I said "You're not bull****ting?" He said "I never bull**** about boxing."
Hmmm.....

Pretty Boy
05-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Does he mean to eat properly,stop drinking etc?

Hunna
05-04-2005, 08:21 PM
great story. i like ya story, instills confidence in yaself,but is there a point us readers need to pick up on?

Mr. Ryan
05-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Does he mean to eat properly,stop drinking etc?
He knows I eat properly and all, he just wants me to stop smoking weed and Marlboro's and drinking. I only drink and smoke weed on Mondays and Thursdays now. I have completely quit smoking cigs as of Friday.

Mr. Ryan
05-10-2005, 04:48 PM
great story. i like ya story, instills confidence in yaself,but is there a point us readers need to pick up on?
I used boxing as a way to seek asylum while I repaired my self esteem and physical fitness, and then was going to emerge out of the sport as a changed person following a disastrous 2000-2002. Lucky is saying that I can fix all my life problems through the sport.

EXIGE
05-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Nice story ... id say go for it .. give up what it takes to be good in the sport.
-First of u will get the gal probz
-Second u will get fit and it will lead u to a healthier lifestyle than weed etc.
-Thirdly, as ur trainer sed, u could win loadsa amateur titles

Are u english or american by any chance?

Mr. Ryan
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Nice story ... id say go for it .. give up what it takes to be good in the sport.
-First of u will get the gal probz
-Second u will get fit and it will lead u to a healthier lifestyle than weed etc.
-Thirdly, as ur trainer sed, u could win loadsa amateur titles

Are u english or american by any chance?
I'm American.

boxer Of thE World
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
stop smoking weed it only has negative effects especially on ur stamina and belive in urself idk u but hey if u put ur mind to winning the title u can

boxer2k5
05-17-2005, 10:39 PM
good ****
but i hate slugfest
iw ould pop shot you and mvoe the whole time

lol then sex the troll you like later

im jsut ****ign with you

now that be somethign to see on vid

Mr. Ryan
05-18-2005, 02:02 PM
stop smoking weed it only has negative effects especially on ur stamina and belive in urself idk u but hey if u put ur mind to winning the title u can
Smoking weed doesn't hurt me that much. Except for the excessive eating of pretzels and soda and the unwillingness to train and ****.

boxer Of thE World
05-18-2005, 07:45 PM
well the smoke from the weed hurts ur lungs which gives u bad stamina i wish i could show u some tapes i have of people that smoke weed so u could see what it does to u, and the smoke constricts ur vains which limits blood flow and that messes with stamina