View Full Version : Answer me this

Flab
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Why do a lot of people say Muhammad Ali would completely outclass Rocky Marciano? When Joe Frazier arguably beat Ali 3 times?

Surely Rocky would of been FAR too much for Ali, as he had two eyes and more than 1 punch.

TheHolyCross
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
rocky marciano would get destroyed by ali, and im not even exaggerating

rocky was a pressure fighter/brawler, and he literally had no defence
as if his 5'10 height wasn't bad enough he's got the reach of a 5 foot 7 man

he's get owned by ali

Flab
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
rocky marciano would get destroyed by ali, and im not even exaggerating

rocky was a pressure fighter/brawler, and he literally had no defence
as if his 5'10 height wasn't bad enough he's got the reach of a 5 foot 7 man

he's get owned by ali

Just like Joe Frazier was, eh?

TheHolyCross
even if ali himself doesn't believe he'd easily dominate marciano

TheHolyCross
Just like Joe Frazier was, eh?

frazier didn't have t-rex arms and actually bobbed and countered

Squabbles94806
01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Why do a lot of people say Muhammad Ali would completely outclass Rocky Marciano? When Joe Frazier arguably beat Ali 3 times?

Surely Rocky would of been FAR too much for Ali, as he had two eyes and more than 1 punch.

I think Frazier was a littl ebit more agile than the rock. But technically the Rock would have won had they really fought, according to the simulation fight that took place.

I dunno, about Frazier beating ALI 3 times. The first one of course, the 2nd went to ALI, but i personally think that if the Thrilla in Manila went the distance it would have been a draw. ALI and Frazier would have fought to the death.

TheHolyCross
01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
frazier had more foot/hand speed also i think

Flab
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Rocky had some of the best head movment and reflexes the heavyweight division has ever seen.

TheHolyCross
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Rocky had some of the best head movment and reflexes the heavyweight division has ever seen.

show me proof

dagrtst
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Ali clearly beat him in the second fight and was ahead on the scorecards in the third fight. I scored the first fight in favor of Ali by one round but it could have gone either way. Plus, that was in no way a prime Ali.

Marciano would've most likely lost to Ali.. He didn't have the size, speed or defense to beat him.

One thing I'll say, though, is that he wouldn't get knocked out. He would most likely lost by decision.

donkim
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I lost you at the part where Frazier "arguably beat Ali 3 times".

but i personally think that if the Thrilla in Manila went the distance it would have been a draw. ALI and Frazier would have fought to the death.

You personally think wrong,lad.

referee: Carlos Padilla 66-60 | judge: Larry Nadayag 66-62 | judge: Alfredo Quiazon 67-62

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=000180&cat=boxer

paSSion
01-11-2010, 02:54 PM

frazier a counter puncher?...... NOT

bklynboy
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Rocky owning Ali. I don't think so. Rocky giving Ali a hard time. Hell yes. I think of Rocky as a Frazier type fighter with a better punch but because of his crouching style he wasn't as agile.

His crouching style was surprisingly effective and he would have tagged Ali as Frazier tagged him. Still Ali had a terrific chin and had the will to win.

Rocky would have been a touch match-up for Ali. But he would have been tailor made for Foreman and Tyson.

bojangles1987
01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Frazier never really got prime Ali either. Prime Ali dances around a game Marciano for 15 rounds, the athletic advantage is too much, and Ali's chin could handle whatever Marciano landed.

TBear
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I mean no disrespect by this but Marciano was very limited skill wise. He did however make up for it with determination, power, stamina and heart. He was quite a bit smaller than the heavyweights from Ali's and Frazier's era. Ali had amazing stamina and an great chin. He would control Marciano all night in my opinion.

Where did you get " Frazier "arguably beat Ali 3 times "