View Full Version : Any one else think Herol Graham should of got the decison against mccallum?

Joey Giardello
01-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Any one score it for herol? i have watched the fight a couple of time scored it for herol twice and mccallum once

Silencers
01-08-2010, 09:57 PM
From what I remember it was a close fight but I had McCallum edging it, I haven't watched that fight in a while though.

John Hue
01-08-2010, 10:03 PM
It was close I gave it to McCallum. The fight really shook up the body snatcher . Going in he underestimated Herol. I don't think he did his homework. Graham was heavily avoided because he was so good and would make other boxers look bad. He falls into the best boxer never to win a World Title category. A real one off boxer. Benn avoided him and went on record to say so at the end of his career. Graham always came over as a really nice guy as well. I was a big fan of his but also McCallum who was a real craftsman and heavily underestimated because his skill was hidden to the uneducated eye. He was also avoided. It was a great match up of the two most avoided middle weights.After McCallum squeeked out a win he avoided a rematch. The fight was too close for comfort. He held Graham in very high regard after that fight. Both fighters should have been mixing it with Hagler, Hearns and Sugar Ray but I guess their handlers said no.

BennyST
01-08-2010, 10:23 PM
From what I remember it was a close fight but I had McCallum edging it, I haven't watched that fight in a while though.

Yeah, me too. Great fight but I had McCallum edging it in a very close one.

GJC
01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I had McCallum edging it but I do remember Graham had a point or 2 deducted which might have proved decisive?

donkim
01-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Graham was active and consistent early in the fight,he made McCallum look silly at times and McCallum had a great deal of trouble in getting anywhere near him.As the fight wore on,Graham tired and McCallum piled on the pressure and eventually had Graham planting his feet and fighting him head on(Graham more than held his own in these exchanges).

I thought McCallum pulled it out through his work in the second half of the fight.

Graham could fight when he really wanted too.

mickey malone
01-09-2010, 08:51 AM
McCallum by whisker.. Great effort from Graham, who i've always considered one of the best fighters not to become a champ..
Himself, Johnny Nelson and Naseem Hamed were all products from the Brendon Ingle Gym in Shefield, and all 3 had a similar fighting style, largely reliant on reflexes..

sonnyboyx2
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
i had Herol Graham winning the fight going into the final round.. the point deduction swung it to McCallum

Dynamite Kid
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I felt the official scorecards were a little more generous to Graham. McCallum won a competitive but clear decision imo. From what i remember Graham gave McCallum problems whens he used his legs but i felt he stood and traded with McCallum too much down the stretch and i felt that might have ultimately cost him.

It was a very! competitive fight though, Graham showed some beautiful skill at times.

dagrtst
01-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I had Graham winning the fight, by a little bit.

Kut
01-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Graham was the better man this night. I wished that he would be more active, but it was enough do deserve the decision. McCallum doesnt looked comfortable bringing the fight to Graham and was mostly punished for his attempts. Imo Graham did enough to win and his speed won over the master-boxingskills of McCallum.

For me this fight was not so close. Like the Froch vs Dirrel Fight (where Dirrel was far more better than helpless Froch, and Frochs aggressivness was a childish helpless attempt to win the fight. Maybe it is a little bit exaggerate, 'cause Graham vs McCallum was closer and more competetive, but I had these fights as typical style-fights in minde. Normally, I like more the aggressors of a fight and I always gave them the edge on the scorecards. But thistime, I had Graham as the winner and also Dirrel. And he won the fight comfortable with more than 3 Rounds.