View Full Version : Name Some ATG Fighters Who Avoided Fighters?

cotto16
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
This should be interesting. ATG fighters who avoided fighting certain fighters!

How about Tony Zale never giving Burley, Holman Williams, or Lamotta there well deserved title shots......

How about Jack Dempey ducking Willis, Greb and Langford?

Discuss

GJC
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Reckon you could probably level this against pretty much most fighters.
Ali pretty much fought everyone but certainly avoided a 4th fight with Norton to fight Spinks. Ditto, Louis but he didn't fight Bivins until both were past their best.
Tyson v Lewis in 96 I believe?
I believe Dundee blocked a fight for SRL against Hearns early in both of their careers.
SRR v Burley?
Guess you have to figure that boxers are businessmen and do weigh up risk v reward, so it is probably a business decision rather than cowardice.

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Tyson ducked Lewis, Bowe ducked Lewis.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Ali pretty much fought everyone but certainly avoided a 4th fight with Norton to fight Spinks. Ditto, Louis but he didn't fight Bivins until both were past their best.
I believe Dundee blocked a fight for SRL against Hearns early in both of their careers.
SRR v Burley?
Guess you have to figure that boxers are businessmen and do weigh up risk v reward, so it is probably a business decision rather than cowardice.

Muhammad Ali never ducked no 4th fight with Norton.. Ali lost his title to Leon Spinks.. Spinks was to defend against Norton but chose to give Ali a rematch so was stripped by the WBC of their belt.

Tyson never ducked Lewis in 96... it was the other way Lewis accepting step-a-side money of $3 million when he could have quite easily said "No Thankyou" and went ahead and fought for the title and a gauranteed purse of $12 million (career highest purse).. Lewis accepted the money because he never fancied his chances against that version of Tyson... in 95 Riddick Bowe offered Lewis $10 million for a non-title fight as neither held a title, Lewis turned him down.

Sugar Ray Leonard v Hearns - early in career-- never heard that before.

SRR vs Burley -- Never ever heard this before, do you have a source or link?

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Muhammad Ali never ducked no 4th fight with Norton.. Ali lost his title to Leon Spinks.. Spinks was to defend against Norton but chose to give Ali a rematch so was stripped by the WBC of their belt.

Tyson never ducked Lewis in 96... it was the other way Lewis accepting step-a-side money of $3 million when he could have quite easily said "No Thankyou" and went ahead and fought for the title and a gauranteed purse of $12 million (career highest purse).. Lewis accepted the money because he never fancied his chances against that version of Tyson... in 95 Riddick Bowe offered Lewis $10 million for a non-title fight as neither held a title, Lewis turned him down.

Or.............Tyson does not fancy his chances so he gives Lewis step aside money, that is the logical conclusion MOST! people come to accept you of coarse.

TheGreatA
01-07-2010, 03:45 PM

Ali stated before the Ken Norton-Jimmy Young bout that he wouldn't have fought either even if he had beaten Leon Spinks.

This is false and I've corrected you on this many times.

Tyson and Don King never had any intentions of fighting Lennox Lewis and were willing to give up over 3 million dollars and the WBC title not to fight him. That's clearly a duck. Why in the world would you think that Tyson would've fought Lewis had Lewis declined their offer? The offer was made because they didn't want to fight Lewis and had no intentions of doing so.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/25/sports/tyson-yields-wbc-title.html

You can be a good poster but your severe bias blinds you when it comes to Lennox Lewis.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Tyson ducked Lewis, Bowe ducked Lewis.

Lewis priced himself out of fighting Riddick Bowe in 92 by demanding a 50/50 split and options on Bowe`s next 5 fights should Lewis lose... The Lewis camp knew Bowe would never accept those demands and if they could not reach agreement Bowe was to be stripped of the WBC Title, so Bowe said "UP YOU" to the WBC and threw their belt in the Garbage Can, Lewis picked it out and claimed to be champion, Bowe defended twice then lost a split-dec to Holyfield... Lewis defended twice then lost via KO to Oliver McCall... The Bowe camp made Lewis a gauranteed offer of $10 million (live on BBC Grandstand) Lewis turned it down saying he was concentrating on regaining the WBC title..

Tyson was WBC Heavyweight champion.. Lewis the No1 contender.. Lewis accepts $3 million to step-a-side and Tyson fights Bruce Seldon winning WBA title.. Lewis could have easily said "No Thankyou" and made Tyson fight him and a gauranteed purse of $12 million + Title Fight

Its always the same garbage... everyone ducked Lennox Lewis... Yet when it is mentioned that Lewis is the only champion in boxing history to be stripped of every belt for refusing to fight the No1 contenders WBA Ruiz.. IBF Byrd.. WBC Vitali... The Lewis nuthuggers say., No-one wanted to see those fights.. or Lewis would have easily beat them etc etc etc

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Ali stated before the Ken Norton-Jimmy Young bout that he wouldn't have fought either even if he had beaten Leon Spinks.

Tyson and Don King never had any intentions of fighting Lennox Lewis and were willing to give up over 3 million dollars and the WBC title not to fight him. That's clearly a duck. Why in the world would you think that Tyson would've fought Lewis had Lewis declined their offer? The offer was made because they didn't want to fight Lewis and had no intentions of doing so.

You can be a good poster but your severe bias blinds you when it comes to Lennox Lewis.

i cannot recall Ali saying that.. i am not saying he never yet i cannot recall it.

Sorry if my Lewis theory does not agree with yours.. i followed the career of Lewis right from his 1st pro fight to his last, i am not claiming to be 100% correct on everything on Lewis but i am not far short of that

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 03:59 PM

GreatA... you are far from being the only person who claims i am biased towards Lennox Lewis.. something i fail to see... yet i am of the opinion that many very good posters on this forum (yourself included) let yourselves down bigtime with your lack of knowledge of Lennox Lewis and the oppotunist career he led... it is never mentioned that Lewis ducked Byrd & Ruiz, never mentioned that he turned down Bowe, never mentioned he promised the boxing world he would rematch Vitali, never mentioned he boasted he would have one Klitschko for breakfast the other for Tea.. yet ran from a fight with Wlad

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:01 PM

Yeah but when you use logic with Sonnybox you auto become a Lewis nuthugger LOL

I like Sonnybox but when he tries to make out he has some superior out look to the rest of us,that some how we are deluded nuthuggers because we dont think Lewis was a fraud/bum the way he does.

donkim
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Well there is Joe Frazier avoiding virtually every big puncher of his era,but that depends on whether or not you would class Frazier as an ATG.

Dundee had already explained that he held the fight off for a year to make it even bigger.......and it worked.

TheGreatA
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
GreatA... you are far from being the only person who claims i am biased towards Lennox Lewis.. something i fail to see... yet i am of the opinion that many very good posters on this forum (yourself included) let yourselves down bigtime with your lack of knowledge of Lennox Lewis and the oppotunist career he led... it is never mentioned that Lewis ducked Byrd & Ruiz, never mentioned that he turned down Bowe, never mentioned he promised the boxing world he would rematch Vitali, never mentioned he boasted he would have one Klitschko for breakfast the other for Tea.. yet ran from a fight with Wlad

We have factual evidence that Tyson and Bowe turned down fights with Lewis while the rest is simply speculation. If you feel he was a coward then that's fine as long as you can back up your views with more than just turning Tyson's blatant duck of Lewis against him, claiming it was Lewis who ducked Tyson when the opposite clearly happened. Don King didn't want any live opposition for Tyson's first several comeback fights and when they finally got the courage to test Tyson against Holyfield, who looked to be past it, Tyson drowned when the fight got into deep waters.

Bowe and his manager Rock Newman were content on fighting washed up journeymen for millions of dollars on HBO instead of taking real contenders, which in truth ruined Bowe as he got complacent with all the money and the easy opposition he was fighting.

I believe he could have very well beaten the Lewis of early 1990's but he never gave it a shot. Not necessarily because of fear but because he was given the chance to fight the likes of an old Michael Dokes and Jesse Ferguson while getting paid the same amount.

No one wanted to see Lewis fight Byrd and Ruiz. The two of them nearly killed heavyweight boxing with dull performances one after another. In all seriousness, there's no way anyone would have rather seen Lewis fight them instead of Tyson or Vitali. Wladimir vs Lewis would have been a great fight, if not for Wladimir being taken out in 2 rounds by an overweight South African golfer.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah but when you use logic with Sonnybox you auto become a Lewis nuthugger LOL

I like Sonnybox but when he tries to make out he has some superior out look to the rest of us,that some how we are deluded nuthuggers because we dont think Lewis was a fraud/bum the way he does.
i have never tried to make out i have superior outlook compaired to anyone else..

i have never said Lewis was a `fraud/bum`

i am not a Lewis hater....

i tell it how i myself seen the career of Lewis pan-out.

Lennox Lewis is/was a British/Canadian thing, that is where his fanbase is.

To claim Bowe & Tyson was afraid and ducking Lewis during the 92-96 is ridiculous, Both Bowe & Tyson was in their prime and no-way was they afraid of Lewis who had been poleaxed by McCall... i have even read on the forum that Foreman, Holyfield & Moorer was also afraid of him which is beyond belief... all those fighters was undisputed champion of the world (the man who beat the man) yet virtually unknown Lennox Lewis they was all terrified of him... what are the great performances Lewis put on to scare these great champions away during 1992-96 ?

TheGreatA
01-07-2010, 04:16 PM
i have never tried to make out i have superior outlook compaired to anyone else..

To claim Bowe & Tyson was afraid and ducking Lewis during the 92-96 is ridiculous, Both Bowe & Tyson was in their prime and no-way was they afraid of Lewis who had been poleaxed by McCall... i have even read on the forum that Foreman, Holyfield & Moorer was also afraid of him which is beyond belief... all those fighters was undisputed champion of the world (the man who beat the man) yet virtually unknown Lennox Lewis they was all terrified of him... what are the great performances Lewis put on to scare these great champions away during 1992-96 ?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiZ6vx0L9H8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiZ6vx0L9H8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbHdzqPmwQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbHdzqPmwQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z7wFR8dJYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z7wFR8dJYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM

Sonnybox the fact that you think you have put foward legit arguments against Lewis is worrying in itself. Tua? **** win the fattest contender to fight for the HW titles :rofl::rofl:

You must be one of the only people that thinks Tyson ducked Lewis where as everyone else thinks it was the other way around.

Seriously Sonnybox you are a pure hater of Lewis, i dont know how you can deny it, earlier you said you actually liked Lennox Lewis, come on who are you trying to kid here.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
We have factual evidence that Tyson and Bowe turned down fights with Lewis while the rest is simply speculation. If you feel he was a coward then that's fine as long as you can back up your views with more than just turning Tyson's blatant duck of Lewis against him, claiming it was Lewis who ducked Tyson when the opposite clearly happened. Don King didn't want any live opposition for Tyson's first several comeback fights and when they finally got the courage to test Tyson against Holyfield, who looked to be past it, Tyson drowned when the fight got into deep waters.

Bowe and his manager Rock Newman were content on fighting washed up journeymen for millions of dollars on HBO instead of taking real contenders, which in truth ruined Bowe as he got complacent with all the money and the easy opposition he was fighting.

I believe he could have very well beaten the Lewis of early 1990's but he never gave it a shot. Not necessarily because of fear but because he was given the chance to fight the likes of an old Michael Dokes and Jesse Ferguson while getting paid the same amount.

No one wanted to see Lewis fight Byrd and Ruiz. The two of them nearly killed heavyweight boxing with dull performances one after another. In all seriousness, there's no way anyone would have rather seen Lewis fight them instead of Tyson or Vitali. Wladimir vs Lewis would have been a great fight, if not for Wladimir being taken out in 2 rounds by an overweight South African golfer.

you are deluded my friend... did not Chris Byrd beat David Tua & Holyfield far easier than Lewis had... did not Manny Stewart advise Lewis that Byrds style was `all wrong` for Lewis and that Byrd would make Lewis look foolish and in all probability lose a wide decision too... Did not John Ruiz beat Holyfield far easier than Lewis did, even flooring Holyfield something Lewis never came near to doing in 24rds..

Bowe was Heavyweight Champion of the World.. he hammered former champion Mike Dokes who was on a 10 fight win steak and ranked No5... he took on the winner of the Final Eliminator between Ray Mercer & Jesse Ferguson which Ferguson won.. if Bowe never fought him he would have been stripped of the belt.. Bowe then lost his $30 million rematch with Holyfield due to the infamous `fan-man` landing in the ring...

Lewis chose to fight Grant and avoid Ruiz... Lewis knew that Grant was a tomato-can because he sat ringside with Donald Trump and watched Golota floor Grant before quitting when in front... Lewis ridiculed Ruiz calling him "Johnny Louise" and belittling the guy.. What Lewis failed to say was that he had used Ruiz as a sparring partner in London in 94 and could not handle the "Grappling-Hook" style of Ruiz.. so now that Ruiz had fought his way to No1 contender 5yrs later.. Lewis wanted nothing to do with him

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Sonnybox the fact that you think you have put foward legit arguments against Lewis is worrying in itself. Tua? **** win the fattest contender to fight for the HW titles :rofl::rofl:

You must be one of the only people that thinks Tyson ducked Lewis where as everyone else thinks it was the other way around.

Seriously Sonnybox you are a pure hater of Lewis, i dont know how you can deny it, earlier you said you actually liked Lennox Lewis, come on who are you trying to kid here.

are you saying David Tua at 256lbs+ was not the fattest man to ever fight for the title??? i await your reply

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:30 PM
are you saying David Tua at 256lbs+ was not the fattest man to ever fight for the title??? i await your reply

What difference does it make, Tua was still a very dangerous opponent. I personally think he beat Ibeabuchi for the record.

If we were to go back in time and Lewis had not fought Tua can you honestly say you would not try to discredit Lewis for not fighting him? you know you would be caning him for it, reason? you just a hater.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:36 PM

yes you are 100% correct and its good to hear you admit it that everyone thinks Lewis ducked Tyson as i am of the same opinion.

like i said earlier, i am not a Lewis hater, its just that i followed his career from the start to the finish and seem to be able to tell it like it really was instead of the mythical thinking that some have about him.. if i was a Lewis hater i would not have paid more than £2000+ to go watch the guy fight on 5 occasions

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
yes you are 100% correct and its good to hear you admit it that everyone thinks Lewis ducked Tyson as i am of the same opinion.

like i said earlier, i am not a Lewis hater, its just that i followed his career from the start to the finish and seem to be able to tell it like it really was instead of the mythical thinking that some have about him.. if i was a Lewis hater i would not have paid more than £2000+ to go watch the guy fight on 5 occasions

BS. You are a Lewis hater infact if i made a thread with all the quotes/criticisms you have made of Lewis and his career it would come out lopsided as ****, whether that be in here in NSB or on any other respected Boxing site.

I cant believe you have the audacity to claim you are not a hater with some of BS you come out with about Lewis.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiZ6vx0L9H8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiZ6vx0L9H8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbHdzqPmwQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbHdzqPmwQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z7wFR8dJYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z7wFR8dJYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

what are those video`s proving?

i was at Ruddock vs Lewis... Razor had a huge campervan parked on the carpark of Earls Court, i was sitting ringside as Ruddock was intervied by Larry Merchant after the fight and it was clear that the guy was "Damaged Goods" after 2 brutal beatings from Mike Tyson, having his jaw, cheek-bone & eye socket smashed..

Tommy Morrison was clearly on the downside of his career, he had been destroyed by Mercer and hammered in the opening round by one Michael Bentt, he was also devoting most of his time to acting in movies as well as being HIV positive...

Olympic final.. 17yrs old Bowe vs 21yrs old Lewis and the most bazaar stoppage in history.. Bowe easily wins the opening round, Lewis lands 2 punches at the start of round 2 and the referee stops the fight, Bowe walks over to his corner saying "what the f*** is happening here"

TheGreatA
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
you are deluded my friend... did not Chris Byrd beat David Tua & Holyfield far easier than Lewis had... did not Manny Stewart advise Lewis that Byrds style was `all wrong` for Lewis and that Byrd would make Lewis look foolish and in all probability lose a wide decision too... Did not John Ruiz beat Holyfield far easier than Lewis did, even flooring Holyfield something Lewis never came near to doing in 24rds..

You mean Lewis's left-overs? I'm fairly certain Steward never said Lewis would have come even close to losing to Byrd. Making Lewis look bad is much different from actually winning, and making opponents (and himself) look bad is what Byrd excelled in. It was simply an unattractive fight that no one wanted to see, especially with Lewis aging and coming closer and closer to retirement when big fights against Tyson and a Klitschko had not yet happened.

Ruiz did not beat Holyfield easier than Lewis. They were all ugly fights that were difficult to score.

Bowe was Heavyweight Champion of the World.. he mammered former champion Mike Dokes who was on a 10 fight win steak and ranked No5... he took on the winner of the Final Eliminator between Ray Mercer & Jesse Ferguson which Ferguson won.. if Bowe never fought him he would have been stripped of the belt.. Bowe then lost his $30 million rematch with Holyfield due to the infamous `fan-man` landing in the ring...

Dokes was shot to bits and had been nearly decapitated by Razor Ruddock years previously. He was on a winning streak over a group of journeymen and tomato cans but that in no way made him a legit challenger for Bowe's title, especially with Lewis around.

As far as I know, Ferguson vs Mercer was not a title eliminator of any kind with Ferguson having lost 4 of his last 5 fights, in fact it was a tune-up to get Mercer prepared for Bowe. Mercer suffered an embarrassing loss and Bowe decided to take on Ferguson instead but he was not forced to do so.

Here you are trying to make up Ferguson and Dokes viable contenders for Bowe while dismissing all of the challengers Lewis beat. If that doesn't show your obvious bias then nothing will.

Lewis chose to fight Grant and avoid Ruiz... Lewis knew that Grant was a tomato-can because he sat ringside with Donald Trump and watched Golota floor Grant before quitting when in front... Lewis ridiculed Ruiz calling him "Johnny Louise" and belittling the guy.. What Lewis failed to say was that he had used Ruiz as a sparring partner in London in 94 and could not handle the "Grappling-Hook" style of Ruiz.. so now that Ruiz had fought his way to No1 contender 5yrs later.. Lewis wanted nothing to do with him

No one thought Grant was a tomato can then, in fact he was much more highly regarded than the mostly unknown Ruiz. Ruiz had fought his way to being a contender by beating a string of nobodies and was not seen as a legit challenger for Lewis. He was not even in the top 10 while Grant was seen as top 3 in the division.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
What difference does it make, Tua was still a very dangerous opponent. I personally think he beat Ibeabuchi for the record.

If we were to go back in time and Lewis had not fought Tua can you honestly say you would not try to discredit Lewis for not fighting him? you know you would be caning him for it, reason? you just a hater.

Ibeabuchi was a clear unanimous winner.. Tua was over 30lbs heavier when he fought Lewis than what he weighed when he fought Ibeabuchi

Go back and read my post and you will see that i always claim David Tua to be one of the most over-rated fighters ever... The fattest man to ever fight for the title, yet Lewis fans claim him to be a great victory... he was fatter than both Buster Mathis & Two Ton Tony Galento.... ridiculous!

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Ibeabuchi was a clear unanimous winner.. Tua was over 30lbs heavier when he fought Lewis than what he weighed when he fought Ibeabuchi

Go back and read my post and you will see that i always claim David Tua to be one of the most over-rated fighters ever... The fattest man to ever fight for the title, yet Lewis fans claim him to be a great victory... he was fatter than both Buster Mathis & Two Ton Tony Galento.... ridiculous!

I cant remember what the scorecards were but if i remember right HBO thought Tua won the fight, either that or they had it extremely close. BTW no one won that fight clearly, Ibeabuchi was winning all the early round but he gassed mid fight and it was mostly Tua for the second half and he hurt Ibeabuchi.

See your arguments are the kind of stuff a 14 year old would come out with. Bottom line is as overrated as you apparently think Tua was you would still have used him as a stick to beat Lewis with if Lewis had not fought him so what does that say about you? thats right, Hater!

BattlingNelson
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Lightweight Packey McFarland was one the most avoided fighters in history. He went undefeated in some 100+ fights to end his career. He most undeservedly never got a titleshot. Those who ducked him was primarily Ad Wolgast and secondly Battling Nelson.

Also Sam Langford needs to be mentioned. He is arguably the most avoided fighter in championship history.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 05:17 PM
You mean Lewis's left-overs? I'm fairly certain Steward never said Lewis would have come even close to losing to Byrd. Making Lewis look bad is much different from actually winning, and making opponents (and himself) look bad is what Byrd excelled in. It was simply an unattractive fight that no one wanted to see, especially with Lewis aging and coming closer and closer to retirement when big fights against Tyson and a Klitschko had not yet happened.

Ruiz did not beat Holyfield easier than Lewis. They were all ugly fights that were difficult to score.

Dokes was shot to bits and had been nearly decapitated by Razor Ruddock years previously. He was on a winning streak over a group of journeymen and tomato cans but that in no way made him a legit challenger for Bowe's title, especially with Lewis around.

As far as I know, Ferguson vs Mercer was not a title eliminator of any kind with Ferguson having lost 4 of his last 5 fights, in fact it was a tune-up to get Mercer prepared for Bowe. Mercer suffered an embarrassing loss and Bowe decided to take on Ferguson instead but he was not forced to do so.

Here you are trying to make up Ferguson and Dokes viable contenders for Bowe while dismissing all of the challengers Lewis beat. If that doesn't show your obvious bias then nothing will.

No one thought Grant was a tomato can then, in fact he was much more highly regarded than the mostly unknown Ruiz. Ruiz had fought his way to being a contender by beating a string of nobodies and was not seen as a legit challenger for Lewis. He was not even in the top 10 while Grant was seen as top 3 in the division.

This post Great A... tells me that you are not as clued up on boxing as you try to make out my friend... in fact i am rather dissapiointed in you because i thought of you as knowledgable i now know different..

Mercer vs Ferguson was the infamous "bribe fight" where Mercer offered Ferguson a bribe to "lie-down" Ferguson refused and punched out a clear verdict over Mercer, a court case failed to prove Mercer guilty but with the No1 contender being beaten Bowe took on the victor in Ferguson...

Manny Stewart advised Lewis not to fight Chris Byrd whos style was all wrong for Lewis and Lewis would most likey lose a wide decision..If Stewart thought Lewis could beat Byrd then he would have fought Byrd.. what kind of champion is it that just refuses to fight the No1 contenders.. some on this subject are calling Riddick Bowe for not figfhtinf Lewis when Lewis was No1 contender.. talk about double standards..

Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko was never mooted... Lewis was to fight Kirk Johnson who pulled out threw injury so Vitali stepped in.. the Lewis camp thought Vitali was a tomato-can

Ruiz even floored Holyfield, something Lewis never came near to doing.. Ruiz vs Holyfield was 1-1-1 yet Ruiz should have won all 3 whereas Lewis should have been awarded the winner in his first fight with Holyfield and Holyfield was a clear winner in their 2nd fight with 43 of 48 ringside reporters thinking Holyfield was a clear winner.

you claim Dokes was nearly decapitated by Ruddock years earlier.. yet he was on a 10 fight win streak... Morrison had been nearly decapitated years earlier by Ray Mercer and again by Michael Bent but you put that up as a great competitive match-up with Lewis..

Riddick Bowe can be found on youtube on film saying "Lennox Lewis priced himself out of their fight in 92" knowing he would be given the title... who are you or myself to call the guy a liar... why would he lie!

you are just making up assumptions which you believe to be true yet you have zero evidence

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Riddick Bowe can be found on youtube on film saying "Lennox Lewis priced himself out of their fight in 92" knowing he would be given the title... who are you or myself to call the guy a liar... why would he lie!

Bowe tossed Lewis a low ball offer, how many times do people have to go over these things with you. If you like i will find the article in Sports illustrated that says how Bowe low balled him because he knew it would get rejected.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I cant remember what the scorecards were but if i remember right HBO thought Tua won the fight, either that or they had it extremely close. BTW no one won that fight clearly, Ibeabuchi was winning all the early round but he gassed mid fight and it was mostly Tua for the second half and he hurt Ibeabuchi.

See your arguments are the kind of stuff a 14 year old would come out with. Bottom line is as overrated as you apparently think Tua was you would still have used him as a stick to beat Lewis with if Lewis had not fought him so what does that say about you? thats right, Hater!

as always your talking shi#te.. Ibeabuchi won by unanimous decision... 117-111, 115-114, 116-113

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
as always your talking shi#te.. Ibeabuchi won by unanimous decision... 117-111, 115-114, 116-113

On the official!! cards yeah but did Azumah Nelson deserves the official verdict he got against Jeff Fenech or the one Ramirez got against Whitaker.

Anyone with half a brain could see that was an extremely close you only have to look at the punch stats to see that.

GJC
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Norton and Holmes fought for the WBC title 3 months before the Ali Spinks rematch.

Pretty sure its in 4 Kings, if you have? I'll lay my hands on it and let you have a page number. Not sure whether Leonard even knew of the prospective fight but Dundee blocked it purely because why fight for £500k now when you can fight for £10 mill in a couple of years.

http://www.*************.com/history/charley-burley-great-fighter-no-one-knows/

I'll not go into the Lewis Tyson bit as GreatA and Dynamite have pretty much covered that far more eloquantly than I could.

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Dynamite Kid;7201403]On the official!! cards yeah but did Azumah Nelson deserve the official verdict he got against Jeff Fenech or the one Ramirez got against Whitaker.

Anyone with half a brain could see that was an extremely close fight.

GJC
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I will say that I wish I hadn't have mentioned Tyson Lewis as what could have been an interesting thread will now be dominated by Lennox Lewis again!

TheGreatA
01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Mercer vs Ferguson was the infamous "bribe fight" where Mercer offered Ferguson a bribe to "lie-down" Ferguson refused and punched out a clear verdict over Mercer, a court case failed to prove Mercer guilty but with the No1 contender being beaten Bowe took on the victor in Ferguson...

I know all of this and I fail to see how this proves me wrong in any way. Ferguson vs Mercer was not a title eliminator as you claimed, instead it was viewed as more of a tune-up, which Mercer messed up. Still, Bowe taking on journeyman Jesse Ferguson instead of rated contenders was highly suspect. And Mercer was not the number 1 contender of anything at the time, coming off a recent loss to ancient Larry Holmes.

Manny Stewart advised Lewis not to fight Chris Byrd whos style was all wrong for Lewis and Lewis would most likey lose a wide decision..If Stewart thought Lewis could beat Byrd then he would have fought Byrd.. what kind of champion is it that just refuses to fight the No1 contenders.. some on this subject are calling Riddick Bowe for not figfhtinf Lewis when Lewis was No1 contender.. talk about double standards..

Byrd at no point in time was an actual number 1 contender for Lewis. Some meaningless tin belt may have made him a mandatory challenger but that doesn't mean he was viewed as a worthy contender for Lewis.

Steward likely meant that Byrd would have been a dull, uninteresting opponent (which he was, undeniably) and no good could have come from such a match-up.

Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko was never mooted... Lewis was to fight Kirk Johnson who pulled out threw injury so Vitali stepped in.. the Lewis camp thought Vitali was a tomato-can

Now Vitali is supposed to have been a tomato can? He was a legit challenger who was supposed to be showcased on the Lewis-Johnson undercard against then unbeaten Cedric Boswell in order to hype a potential Vitali-Lewis meeting in the future. Johnson pulled out however and Lewis immediately took on Vitali, a dangerous contender, on a short notice for both.

Ruiz even floored Holyfield, something Lewis never came near to doing.. Ruiz vs Holyfield was 1-1-1 yet Ruiz should have won all 3 whereas Lewis should have been awarded the winner in his first fight with Holyfield and Holyfield was a clear winner in their 2nd fight with 43 of 48 ringside reporters thinking Holyfield was a clear winner.

Should have won all three? I want to see your scorecards, especially for the third fight.

Holyfield was a clear winner against Lewis the second time? I wonder where this (mis)information about all these ringside reporters scoring the fight for Holyfield comes from. Just another one of your claims that goes unproven. All the news reports that I've read on the fight claim that it was a clear win for Lewis with no controversy about it.

Go ahead and look:

"No controversy this time; Lewis wins"
"LEWIS OUTLASTS HOLYFIELD"
"This time, no disputing Lewis' win over Holyfield ."

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=lennox+lewis+holyfield&scoring=a&hl=en&ned=us&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=1999/11&as_hdate=1999/11&lnav=hist10

The Associated Press scored the bout 116-113 for Lewis.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=gkASAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MfIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6679,2627946&dq=lennox+lewis+holyfield&hl=en

you claim Dokes was nearly decapitated by Ruddock years earlier.. yet he was on a 10 fight win streak... Morrison had been nearly decapitated years earlier by Ray Mercer and again by Michael Bent but you put that up as a great competitive match-up with Lewis..

I never said that, and Morrison clearly had a lot more left being in his 20's and coming off a KO win over Ruddock (who KO'd Dokes) when he fought Lewis.

Pinklon Thomas too went on a winning streak in 1992 against some local journeymen but he was a spent fighter at that point, much like Dokes. It's absurd to claim that Dokes was a legit contender for Bowe at that point.

Why would Lennox Lewis lie? Who are you to call him a liar?

you are just making up assumptions which you believe to be true yet you have zero evidence

Sounds like you are describing yourself here to be completely honest. Clearly, you have no need to back up your views with factual evidence but instead try to play off your opinions as fact.

cotto16
01-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I will say that I wish I hadn't have mentioned Tyson Lewis as what could have been an interesting thread will now be dominated by Lennox Lewis again!

yep agreed......this thread had so much potential, but got ruined!

donkim
01-07-2010, 07:50 PM

He beat Holyield easily and decisively in their first fight,it was a much greater robbery than the first Lewis-Holyfield fight.

The only just decision of that entire trilogy was the second fight because Holyfield was robbed in their third fight too.

Ruiz vs Holyfield was 1-1-1 yet Ruiz should have won all 3

Ruiz should be 2-1 with Holyfield.Ruiz lost the third fight clearly and they give as clear a gift as they gave Holyield in their first fight.

The Stone Roses
01-07-2010, 11:41 PM
SRR v Burley?
WTF???? Ali ducked a 4th fight with Norton??? you dont know **** about boxing....why would he fight Norton if he has a chance to regain the title for the 3rd time against spinks??? idiot

One more round
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
SRR v Burley?

I have read this too, but that was purely a business decision. Why fight them early on, wait until both their stars had grown and the fight would reel in much more money for everyone. Dundee always intended to fight Hearns, just later on when it would make more sense and $$ for everyone.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 02:23 AM
I know all of this and I fail to see how this proves me wrong in any way. Ferguson vs Mercer was not a title eliminator as you claimed, instead it was viewed as more of a tune-up, which Mercer messed up. Still, Bowe taking on journeyman Jesse Ferguson instead of rated contenders was highly suspect. And Mercer was not the number 1 contender of anything at the time, coming off a recent loss to ancient Larry Holmes.

Byrd at no point in time was an actual number 1 contender for Lewis. Some meaningless tin belt may have made him a mandatory challenger but that doesn't mean he was viewed as a worthy contender for Lewis.

Steward likely meant that Byrd would have been a dull, uninteresting opponent (which he was, undeniably) and no good could have come from such a match-up.

Now Vitali is supposed to have been a tomato can? He was a legit challenger who was supposed to be showcased on the Lewis-Johnson undercard against then unbeaten Cedric Boswell in order to hype a potential Vitali-Lewis meeting in the future. Johnson pulled out however and Lewis immediately took on Vitali, a dangerous contender, on a short notice for both.

Should have won all three? I want to see your scorecards, especially for the third fight.

Holyfield was a clear winner against Lewis the second time? I wonder where this (mis)information about all these ringside reporters scoring the fight for Holyfield comes from. Just another one of your claims that goes unproven. All the news reports that I've read on the fight claim that it was a clear win for Lewis with no controversy about it.

Go ahead and look:

"No controversy this time; Lewis wins"
"LEWIS OUTLASTS HOLYFIELD"
"This time, no disputing Lewis' win over Holyfield ."

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=lennox+lewis+holyfield&scoring=a&hl=en&ned=us&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=1999/11&as_hdate=1999/11&lnav=hist10

The Associated Press scored the bout 116-113 for Lewis.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=gkASAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MfIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6679,2627946&dq=lennox+lewis+holyfield&hl=en

I never said that, and Morrison clearly had a lot more left being in his 20's and coming off a KO win over Ruddock (who KO'd Dokes) when he fought Lewis.

Pinklon Thomas too went on a winning streak in 1992 against some local journeymen but he was a spent fighter at that point, much like Dokes. It's absurd to claim that Dokes was a legit contender for Bowe at that point.

Why would Lennox Lewis lie? Who are you to call him a liar?

Sounds like you are describing yourself here to be completely honest. Clearly, you have no need to back up your views with factual evidence but instead try to play off your opinions as fact.

you call into question Riddick Bowe fighting journeymen like Ferguson & Dokes.. yet it is ok for Lewis to fight Journeymen, Lionel Butler, Phil Jackson & Hasim Rahman, the Lewis camp appealed to the WBC to have Rahman installed in the Top 10 ratings as they had him at No12 so moved him up to No10 and he poleaxed Lewis in South Africa... But its OK for Lewis to fight journeymen but not Bowe... its OK for Lewis to refuse to fight No1 contenders nut not Bowe.

Byrd was IBF No1 contender (FACT)... Lewis was to be stripped of their belt for refusing to fight Chris Byrd, so the Lewis camp came up with the theory that Don King bought him a new car and asked him to vacate the IBF belt... which was a load of rubbish`like i said earlier Stewart told Lewis to avoid Byrd... Stewart never ment like you claim (he ment it would be a dull fight).. Byrd was a `live threat`to everyone in the division, he held a win over Vitali Klitschko and went on to take that IBF belt beating Holyfield far easier than Lewis did.. Byrd then defended against Tua, Golota, McCline, Oquendo, Williamson.. beating them all and showing that he was a serious contender which both Manny Stewart & Lewis knew.

Vitali was not a legit-challenger like you claim.. Vitali`s biggest career victory was a win over Herbie Hide and he was coming off a loss to Chris Byrd... Vitali was fighting for "inter-continental belts" and was thought of as the weaker of the 2 brothers by some way...to say otherwise like you claim is lies made up to back up your weak case.

43 of 48 ringside reporters had Holyfield the clear winner in his 2nd fight with Lewis..

Lewis ducks Ruiz & Byrd and nothing is mentioned, yet any other champion is said to be `Scared`..

Lennox Lewis was offered the largest purse in pro-sports history, a staggering $35 million + PPV by HBO to fight newley crowned undefeated WBA Heavyweight Champion Roy Jones Jr..... Lewis "Turned it Down" saying he had nothing to prove by fighting a former middleweight champion... talk about Phlucking laugh.... Lewis just never fancied his chances against the then brilliant "Super-Roy"
i will await you to completely deny this also.

Lennox Lewis fans seem to think that Lewis was avoided by every top fighter all his career when they could not be further from the truth... Lewis was given the WBC belt in late 92 he did not fight Razor Ruddock for that belt, his fight with Ruddock was a final-eliminator... Lewis was virtually unknown outside West Ham in London, he wanted nothing to do with the top Americans, He defended against Tucker (Junkie), Bruno who had been badley beaten by Witherspoon, Smith & Tyson and was thought to be easy meat yet gave Lewis a lesson in jabbing and was very unfortunate loser, Lewis then fought world-beater Phil Jackson... The WBC ordered Lewis to fight their No1 contender Oliver McCall who poleaxed Lewis in less than 2rds... for the next 5yrs Lennox Lewis was thought of as "Typical European horizontal Heavyweight".. to claim that Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe, Moorer, Foreman was all afraid of him is complete rubbish.. these guys was all fighting each other for the Heavyweight Title while Lewis was fighting Lionel Butler 22-10-1, Justin Fortune 11-2-1, Morrison 45-2,... Yet you are claimin Mike Tyson was afraid of this bum so paid him step-a-side money... it was Lewis who was afraid of Tyson.. Lewis did not have to accept, he could have said NO..... Tysons goal was to become undisputed champion, he had just butchered Frank Bruno for the WBC belt and was looking to get the WBA belt from Bruce Seldon which he did... Tyson was not "Running scared" of Phlucking Lennox Lewis.. Tyson beat Seldon 12 weeks after Lennox Lewis won a lacklustre and hotly desputed decision over Ray Mercer... Mercer was on the slide by then having been schooled by old Larry Holmes and punched to pieces by Journeyman Jesse Ferguson... Mike Tyson musta been shaking with fear.... it was Lennox Lewis who did not fancy the job so accpted step-a-side money selling his No1 position to Evander Holyfield, and as i pointed out earlier Lewis could have easily said NO.

Now why would Riddick Bowe lie? why would Mike Tyson lie?... you seem to be under the illusion that every fighter was terrified of Lennox Lewis during the 1990s which cannot be further from the truth

One more round
01-08-2010, 02:26 AM
you call into question Riddick Bowe fighting journeymen like Ferguson & Dokes.. yet it is ok for Lewis to fight Journeymen, Lionel Butler, Phil Jackson & Hasim Rahman, the Lewis camp appealed to the WBC to have Rahman installed in the Top 10 ratings as they had him at No12 so moved him up to No10 and he poleaxed Lewis in South Africa... But its OK for Lewis to fight journeymen but not Bowe... its OK for Lewis to refuse to fight No1 contenders nut not Bowe.

Byrd was IBF No1 contender (FACT)... Lewis was to be stripped of their belt for refusing to fight Chris Byrd, so the Lewis camp came up with the theory that Don King bought him a new car and asked him to vacate the IBF belt... which was a load of rubbish`like i said earlier Stewart told Lewis to avoid Byrd... Stewart never ment like you claim (he ment it would be a dull fight).. Byrd was a `live threat`to everyone in the division, he held a win over Vitali Klitschko and went on to take that IBF belt beating Holyfield far easier than Lewis did.. Byrd then defended against Tua, Golota, McCline, Oquendo, Williamson.. beating them all and showing that he was a serious contender which both Manny Stewart & Lewis knew.

Vitali was not a legit-challenger like you claim.. Vitali`s biggest career victory was a win over Herbie Hide and he was coming off a loss to Chris Byrd... Vitali was fighting for "inter-continental belts" and was thought of as the weaker of the 2 brothers by some way...to say otherwise like you claim is lies made up to back up your weak case.

43 of 48 ringside reporters had Holyfield the clear winner in his 2nd fight with Lewis..

Lewis ducks Ruiz & Byrd and nothing is mentioned, yet any other champion is said to be `Scared`..

Lennox Lewis was offered the largest purse in pro-sports history, a staggering $35 million + PPV by HBO to fight newley crowned undefeated WBA Heavyweight Champion Roy Jones Jr..... Lewis "Turned it Down" saying he had nothing to prove by fighting a former middleweight champion... talk about Phlucking laugh.... Lewis just never fancied his chances against the then brilliant "Super-Roy"
i will await you to completely deny this also.

Lennox Lewis fans seem to think that Lewis was avoided by every top fighter all his career when they could not be further from the truth... Lewis was given the WBC belt in late 92 he did not fight Razor Ruddock for that belt, his fight with Ruddock was a final-eliminator... Lewis was virtually unknown outside West Ham in London, he wanted nothing to do with the top Americans, He defended against Tucker (Junkie), Bruno who had been badley beaten by Witherspoon, Smith & Tyson and was thought to be easy meat yet gave Lewis a lesson in jabbing and was very unfortunate loser, Lewis then fought world-beater Phil Jackson... The WBC ordered Lewis to fight their No1 contender Oliver McCall who poleaxed Lewis in less than 2rds... for the next 5yrs Lennox Lewis was thought of as "Typical European horizontal Heavyweight".. to claim that Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe, Moorer, Foreman was all afraid of him is complete rubbish.. these guys was all fighting each other for the Heavyweight Title while Lewis was fighting Lionel Butler 22-10-1, Justin Fortune 11-2-1, Morrison 45-2,... Yet you are claimin Mike Tyson was afraid of this bum so paid him step-a-side money... it was Lewis who was afraid of Tyson.. Lewis did not have to accept, he could have said NO..... Tysons goal was to become undisputed champion, he had just butchered Frank Bruno for the WBC belt and was looking to get the WBA belt from Bruce Seldon which he did... Tyson was not "Running scared" of Phlucking Lennox Lewis.. Tyson beat Seldon 12 weeks after Lennox Lewis won a lacklustre and hotly desputed decision over Ray Mercer... Mercer was on the slide by then having been schooled by old Larry Holmes and punched to pieces by Journeyman Jesse Ferguson... Mike Tyson musta been shaking with fear.... it was Lennox Lewis who did not fancy the job so accpted step-a-side money selling his No1 position to Evander Holyfield, and as i pointed out earlier Lewis could have easily said NO.

Now why would Riddick Bowe lie? why would Mike Tyson lie?... you seem to be under the illusion that every fighter was terrified of Lennox Lewis during the 1990s which cannot be further from the truth

Seek help. It's disturbing someone could come up with that much writing on an internet forum, solely to discredit one man, who he has never met nor ever been affected by.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make, you just really hate Lewis, and it seems like more than half of the posts you make on here are just nonsensical ramblings attacking every aspect of the man's career.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Seek help. It's disturbing someone could come up with that much writing on an internet forum, solely to discredit one man, who he has never met nor ever been affected by.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make, you just really hate Lewis, and it seems like more than half of the posts you make on here are just nonsensical ramblings attacking every aspect of the man's career.

prove what i am saying is wrong....

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 02:38 AM

you cannot accept the truth when it hits you smack in the face... Prove what i am saying is wrong.

To claim that Mike Tyson was "SCARED" of Lennox Lewis in 1996 is laughable... its a kind of ego thing for Lewis nuthuggers to claim, it makes their case seem true, The Baddest Man on the planet SCARED of their guy Lennox Lewis.... the same Lewis who had just been poleaxed by Mike Tysons sparring -partner, the same Lewis who was fighting Class D bums Lionel Butler & Justin Fortune.... Yes Mike Tyson was "SCARED" of Lewis.

The truth is that the vast majority of Lewis nuthuggers know nothing about the sport of boxing....mention Lennox Lewis and they jump out of the closet to defend their hero.. with quotes like ` They all avoided him, he dumped the belt in the bin... he paid him step-a-side money... or for his KO losses - `It was a fast count by the referee.. Lenny was up at 6 and on his feet... it was a lucky punch... he threw the punch with his eyes closed.. etc etc

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 02:51 AM

C`mon i am waiting for you to prove me wrong.... put up or shut up.

you are calling me and trying to ridicule and trash me personaly even tho you dont know me... you are trying to do that because you cannot prove me wrong, so you have switched your attentions to me personaly..

if you can prove me wrong in what i say and prove your theory correct then i will hold my hands up.. and this applies to everyone on this thread....Prove that Mike Tyson was scared to fight Lewis in 1996... did Mike eat some spinach in 2002 and gain the strength & courage... No he did not, it was Lewis who never fancied the job in 96 so waited for Mike Tyson to self-destruct even more and serve several more prison sentences until Tyson was just a `shell of his former self` in 2002

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Riddick Bowe did not duck Lennox Lewis in 1992 proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

why would they guy lie

donkim
01-08-2010, 04:38 AM
you dont know **** about boxing....why would he fight Norton if he has a chance to regain the title for the 3rd time against spinks??? idiot

Norton was made mandatory challenger to Ali's title after beating Jimmy Young in a title eliminator bout.

As I believe,Ali-Spinks had already been signed before the Norton-Young title eliminator bout had been signed.

After Ali lost to Spinks,the WBC demanded that Spinks defend the title against it's number one contender in Ken Norton or vacate his title.Spinks vacated the WBC title to sign for a more lucrative rematch with Ali.

While I don't agree with everything that GJC has to say,he has been around long enough to know a little something about boxing.

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Riddick Bowe did not duck Lennox Lewis in 1992 proof

why would they guy lie

However, after Bowe outpointed Holyfield, it quickly became clear that Bowe's manager, Rock Newman, had no more intention of having his fighter meet Lewis right away than he had of dancing with a chain saw. Newman tossed a low-ball offer at Lewis, which Lewis rejected; then, looking for big money and easy pickings. Newman and Bowe signed a six-fight contract with Time Warner Sports, whose president, Seth Abraham, had been pushing Lewis as the greatest heavyweight in the world—"Lennox Lewis is the real deal," Abraham said last fall—right up to the Bowe-Holyfield fight, after which he began hyping Bowe. "Riddick Bowe could make as much as $100 million if he wins all six fights," Abraham said.

The dead-meat parade begins at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 6, when Bowe steps into the ring against 34-year-old Michael Dokes. a 250-pound spent bullet whose battle against cocaine addiction has been quite as spectacular as any he has waged in the ring. Once he has dispatched Dokes, Bowe will entertain Ray Mercer in Atlantic City in May in another waste of time. After Mercer he may take on George Foreman and even Larry Holmes, boxing's senior citizens.

On Dec. 14 Bowe relinquished the World Boxing Council's version of the heavyweight title by dumping the WBC belt in the trash. It was an unnecessary bit of showmanship; the WBC was going to strip him anyway for ducking Lewis. No longer the undisputed champ, Bowe now holds the World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation belts. The WBC conferred its title on Lewis.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Norton was made mandatory challenger to Ali's title after beating Jimmy Young in a title eliminator bout.

As I believe,Ali-Spinks had already been signed before the Norton-Young title eliminator bout had been signed.

After Ali lost to Spinks,the WBC demanded that Spinks defend the title against it's number one contender in Ken Norton or vacate his title.Spinks vacated the WBC title to sign for a more lucrative rematch with Ali.

While I don't agree with everything that GJC has to say,he has been around long enough to know a little something about boxing.

was not GJC who said it was Spinks and not Ali.. i was myself..

GJC said Muhammad Ali avoided a 4th fight with Ken Norton which is not correct.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 05:13 AM
However, after Bowe outpointed Holyfield, it quickly became clear that Bowe's manager, Rock Newman, had no more intention of having his fighter meet Lewis right away than he had of dancing with a chain saw. Newman tossed a low-ball offer at Lewis, which Lewis rejected; then, looking for big money and easy pickings. Newman and Bowe signed a six-fight contract with Time Warner Sports, whose president, Seth Abraham, had been pushing Lewis as the greatest heavyweight in the world***8212;"Lennox Lewis is the real deal," Abraham said last fall***8212;right up to the Bowe-Holyfield fight, after which he began hyping Bowe. "Riddick Bowe could make as much as $100 million if he wins all six fights," Abraham said.

The dead-meat parade begins at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 6, when Bowe steps into the ring against 34-year-old Michael Dokes. a 250-pound spent bullet whose battle against cocaine addiction has been quite as spectacular as any he has waged in the ring. Once he has dispatched Dokes, Bowe will entertain Ray Mercer in Atlantic City in May in another waste of time. After Mercer he may take on George Foreman and even Larry Holmes, boxing's senior citizens.

On Dec. 14 Bowe relinquished the World Boxing Council's version of the heavyweight title by dumping the WBC belt in the trash. It was an unnecessary bit of showmanship; the WBC was going to strip him anyway for ducking Lewis. No longer the undisputed champ, Bowe now holds the World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation belts. The WBC conferred its title on Lewis.
you must also believe there are fairies at the bottom of the garden if you believe that nonsense..

Not a single mention in there of a $30 million rematch with Evander Holyfield which Bowe fought... Bowe did not accept no deal from Time Warner... Bowe as undisputed Heavyweight Champion offered Lewis a shot at the title 75/25 which is how it has been since the days of John L Sullivan .. but Lewis and his team refused because they knew if they let the time run out they would get the WBC belt.... Bowe says so in the interview, are you saying he is sitting there telling lies?

JAB5239
01-08-2010, 05:33 AM
C`mon i am waiting for you to prove me wrong.... put up or shut up.

you are calling me and trying to ridicule and trash me personaly even tho you dont know me... you are trying to do that because you cannot prove me wrong, so you have switched your attentions to me personaly..

if you can prove me wrong in what i say and prove your theory correct then i will hold my hands up.. and this applies to everyone on this thread....Prove that Mike Tyson was scared to fight Lewis in 1996... did Mike eat some spinach in 2002 and gain the strength & courage... No he did not, it was Lewis who never fancied the job in 96 so waited for Mike Tyson to self-destruct even more and serve several more prison sentences until Tyson was just a `shell of his former self` in 2002

I will respectfully disagree with you. Lewis could have forced the fight, or at least had Tyson stripped but accepted step aside money. Tyson was looking at the bigger payday and didn't want to chance a fight with Lewis to blow that. I don't think Mike was scared, but he definitely avoided Lewis at that time to fight Holy.

donkim
01-08-2010, 05:40 AM
was not GJC who said it was Spinks and not Ali.. i was myself..

GJC said Muhammad Ali avoided a 4th fight with Ken Norton which is not correct.

My post was in response to the stone roses who said that GJC "didn't know **** about boxing".

One more round
01-08-2010, 05:43 AM
you cannot accept the truth when it hits you smack in the face... Prove what i am saying is wrong.

To claim that Mike Tyson was "SCARED" of Lennox Lewis in 1996 is laughable... its a kind of ego thing for Lewis nuthuggers to claim, it makes their case seem true, The Baddest Man on the planet SCARED of their guy Lennox Lewis.... the same Lewis who had just been poleaxed by Mike Tysons sparring -partner, the same Lewis who was fighting Class D bums Lionel Butler & Justin Fortune.... Yes Mike Tyson was "SCARED" of Lewis.

The truth is that the vast majority of Lewis nuthuggers know nothing about the sport of boxing....mention Lennox Lewis and they jump out of the closet to defend their hero.. with quotes like ` They all avoided him, he dumped the belt in the bin... he paid him step-a-side money... or for his KO losses - `It was a fast count by the referee.. Lenny was up at 6 and on his feet... it was a lucky punch... he threw the punch with his eyes closed.. etc etc

I'm not saying Mike was scared of Lennox, and I'm not making excuses for any of Lewis' losses. I'm just saying you have an obvious bias against Lewis, and it's tiresome to read you trashing him all the time whenever his name pops up.

And I'm not even a fan of his....

One more round
01-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Shows how nuts you are....

I say this...

Originally Posted by CounterPuncha View Post

And you respond with this....

:wtf: Where did I mention Tyson or that he was scared of LL, where did I claim to be a Lewis fan and where did I make an excuse for any of his losses, all I did was point out your absurd bias towards the man, and it is disturbing you can think up so much **** to write about the guy on the spot like that.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 05:55 AM
its not disturbing me... i claim not to have made-up anything, i am claiming that what i have quoted is how it really unfolded.

it is you who is making the claims saying that i am disturbed when in fact i am far from it.

you are obviously taking the side that Tyson was scared of Lewis otherwise you would not have questioned my claims and said i am nuts... when you could not be further from the truth my friend.

i actually put up proof of how Riddick Bowe claims Lewis avoided fighting him and how he never ducked Lewis... words straight out of `The Horses Mouth`But as usual with Lennox Lewis nuthuggers they turn a blind eye to it, claim Bowe is telling lies or that it is not true.. which is ridiculous.

How am i biased when i believe it to be like i claim it was?
How am i making up **** against him? by providing a video of Riddick Bowe? ... is that what you are saying?

why dont you provide some evidence to prove me wrong instead of just your opinionated drivel

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 05:58 AM
you must also believe there are fairies at the bottom of the garden if you believe that nonsense..

Not a single mention in there of a $30 million rematch with Evander Holyfield which Bowe fought... Bowe did not accept no deal from Time Warner... Bowe as undisputed Heavyweight Champion offered Lewis a shot at the title 75/25 which is how it has been since the days of John L Sullivan .. but Lewis and his team refused because they knew if they let the time run out they would get the WBC belt.... Bowe says so in the interview, are you saying he is sitting there telling lies?

Why would they publish that article if it were not true that Bowe signed a deal with Time Warner? That article is from Sports illustrated not some Lewis internet hater that makes up lies to suit his agenda, hmm who am i to believe?

Bowe says so in the interview, are you saying he is sitting there telling lies?

Are you some kinda psycho? NO ONE IS SAYING BOWE DID NOT MAKE AN OFFER TO LEWIS, Jeez!!!! it was a worthless offer that he knew would get rejected.

Lewis was guaranteed a shot at the title anyway once Bowe vacated so why would he take pennies to fight Bowe. Bottom line is Bowe was the one with an inferiority complex due to the Olympic defeat so he should of wanted the fight more than anyone and done everything in his power to make it happen.

Answer me this, how come there are so many!!!!!!! people that think Bowe ducked Lewis, not the other way around.

JAB5239
01-08-2010, 05:58 AM
its not disturbing me... i claim not to have made-up anything, i am claiming that what i have quoted is how it really unfolded.

it is you who is making the claims saying that i am disturbed when in fact i am far from it.

you are obviously taking the side that Tyson was scared of Lewis otherwise you would not have questioned my claims and said i am nuts... when you could not be further from the truth my friend.

i actually put up proof of how Riddick Bowe claims Lewis avoided fighting him and how he never ducked Lewis... words straight out of `The Horses Mouth`But as usual with Lennox Lewis nuthuggers they turn a blind eye to it, claim Bowe is telling lies or that it is not true.. which is ridiculous.

Im to tired to dig up all the info on this, but Bowe did dump his belt rather than face Lewis. Even if you are right, this is just as relevant, no?

One more round
01-08-2010, 06:45 AM

How am i biased when i believe it to be like i claim it was?
How am i making up **** against him? by providing a video of Riddick Bowe? ... is that what you are saying?

why dont you provide some evidence to prove me wrong instead of just your opinionated drivel

I said you were nuts because this is the billionth post I have seen from you moaning about Lennox Lewis. I was not questioning any claim you made, just questioning your sanity for obsessing over the guy so much.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Im to tired to dig up all the info on this, but Bowe did dump his belt rather than face Lewis. Even if you are right, this is just as relevant, no?

Jab....the thread question is "Name some ATG fighters who avoided fighters?"... sorry mate but i fail to see how putting up a video of Riddick Bowe claiming Lewis avoided him is irelevent?

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
I said you were nuts because this is the billionth post I have seen from you moaning about Lennox Lewis. I was not questioning any claim you made, just questioning your sanity for obsessing over the guy so much.

it is not the billionth from me moaning about Lennox Lewis.. i have never moaned about Lewis... i have been 100% consitant in my views about Lennox Lewis, i have never changed or altered my views... when a topic arrises on Lennox Lewis and i add my view, that view and myself are always chastised & ridiculed by a very small few Lennox Lewis nuthuggers... yet i always provide links and the sourse of my point of view, however the nuthuggers always turn a blind eye to those links and try to belittle me personaly and claim that i am making up what i say are my views on the subject... let me assure the nuthuggers that i am not making nothing up, as far as i am concerned i tell it how IMO it actually happened during the career of Lennox Lewis... it most definately did not happen like the nuthuggers are trying to tell it...

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Why would they publish that article if it were not true that Bowe signed a deal with Time Warner? That article is from Sports illustrated not some Lewis internet hater that makes up lies to suit his agenda, hmm who am i to believe?

Bowe says so in the interview, are you saying he is sitting there telling lies?

Are you some kinda psycho? NO ONE IS SAYING BOWE DID NOT MAKE AN OFFER TO LEWIS, Jeez!!!! it was a worthless offer that he knew would get rejected.

Lewis was guaranteed a shot at the title anyway once Bowe vacated so why would he take pennies to fight Bowe. Bottom line is Bowe was the one with an inferiority complex due to the Olympic defeat so he should of wanted the fight more than anyone and done everything in his power to make it happen.

Answer me this, how come there are so many!!!!!!! people that think Bowe ducked Lewis, not the other way around.

you hit the nail on the head... Lewis knew he was gauranteed a shot at the vacant title once Bowe vacated it.

That is why Lewis wanted no part of fighting Riddick Bowe who was the undidputed heavyweight champion of the world... Bowe made a legit offer of 75/25 to Lewis which Lewis turned down, Lewis was a virtual unknown fighter at that time with the total fight purse being $6 million should the fight have taken place... Bowe himself says that he accepted 75/25 for his 1st fight with Evander Holyfield who was then undisputed champion....

you are so one-sided in your argument that you are clouding the actual facts of what really happened... it is now quite clear that Riddick Bowe never ever avoided Lennox Lewis.. the truth is exactly how i claimed it was, that Lennox Lewis in fact avoided Riddick Bowe

Now do you agree or Not?

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
you hit the nail on the head... Lewis knew he was gauranteed a shot at the vacant title once Bowe vacated it.

That is why Lewis wanted no part of fighting Riddick Bowe who was the undidputed heavyweight champion of the world... Bowe made a legit offer of 75/25 to Lewis which Lewis turned down, Lewis was a virtual unknown fighter at that time with the total fight purse being $6 million should the fight have taken place... Bowe himself says that he accepted 75/25 for his 1st fight with Evander Holyfield who was then undisputed champion....

you are so one-sided in your argument that you are clouding the actual facts of what really happened... it is now quite clear that Riddick Bowe never ever avoided Lennox Lewis.. the truth is exactly how i claimed it was, that Lennox Lewis in fact avoided Riddick Bowe

Now do you agree or Not?

you hit the nail on the head... Lewis knew he was guaranteed a shot at the vacant title once Bowe vacated it.

Exactly so why fight for pennies. You still aint explained why so many other people seem to think he ducked Lewis rather than the other way around.

Please dont accuse me of clouding facts!! im not the one who constantly lies to push my warped opinions.

So Bowe offers Lewis a fight, Lewis rejects the fight and the whole Boxing fraternity to this day!! thinks Bowe ducked Lewis, how does that work? surely its Lewis that ducked Bowe right? maybe!! there is actually some validity to the point that Bowe tossed Lewis a low ball offer and that he knew it would get rejected because he did not want the fight.

BTW one of your previous points OWNED!!! maybe you believe in the fairies at the bottom of the garden

Rock Newman's master plan began to unravel last Saturday night when Jesse Ferguson, an 18-9 journeyman, smacked around Ray Mercer to win an easy 10-round decision at Madison Square Garden. The day before the bout, Newman, the manager of the WBA and the IBF heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe, had spent $10,000 on publicity photographs and on a deposit for a press party to be held at the Waldorf-Astoria on Monday. He had intended to announce at the party that Mercer would earn nearly $2 million for the privilege of being Bowe's next opponent.

An hour after Mercer's loss, Bowe entered the same ring with the detached demeanor of an usher showing a fan to his seat. Across the way, Michael Dokes, 34, a flabby, 244-pound former champion and onetime drug addict, greeted Bowe with hard eyes. The 25-year-old Bowe ignored the glare. Champions do not cross ocular swords with 20-to-1 underdogs. Dokes was a highly suspect contender, and every round he survived would be considered a bonus for the 16,332 fans who had paid $1,603,425 to watch the mugging. The last time Dokes was in the Garden, in April 1990, Razor Ruddock hit him so hard with a hook that he was on his back for seven minutes.

Against Bowe, who was making the first defense of his titles since beating Evander Holyfield in November, Dokes did not survive the first round. Referee Joe Santarpia stopped the punishment at 2:19. After softening Dokes with a hard jab, Bowe dropped him at 1:30 with a straight right. Dokes fell against the ropes, which held him up. Santarpia, correctly ruling it a knockdown, counted off the mandatory eight. A moment later Bowe drilled Dokes with a hook, then landed 18 unanswered punches. "I looked into his eyes and he was gone," said Santarpia later. "His eyes were glassy, and he was falling all over the place."

Shortly after Bowe completed his $7 million workday, a search was launched to find a replacement for the discredited Mercer. Seth Abraham, the president of Time Warner Sports, which has a $100 million HBO-TVKO contract with Bowe, said that only a rematch with Holyfield would qualify as a pay-per-view event. HBO, however, would consider Frank Bruno, Alex Garcia, Alex Stewart, Tony Tubbs or Tim Witherspoon as worthy foes.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 08:12 AM
and the point of your post is?

what has any of that to do with Lewis avoiding Bowe?

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 08:34 AM
and the point of your post is?

what has any of that to do with Lewis avoiding Bowe?

Posting this because you CANT! address it is lame.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Posting this because you CANT! address it is lame.

i can address anything if it is relevent to the conversation.. this Thread was started with the quote : Name some ATG fighters who avoided fighters" .. You was the 2nd poster and your reply was "Tyson vs Lewis, Bowe vs Lewis"

i called into question your reply, claiming that it was untrue and false.. i provided links to back up my evidence, yet you chose repeatedly to `Move the Goalposts`..

i will ask you one final time, Do you know agree that Riddick Bowe did not avoid Lennox Lewis and that it was Lennox who avoided Bowe ? and do you agree that by accepting step-a-side money Lennox Lewis avoided a career highest payday and gauranteed title fight with Mike Tyson in 1996?

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 09:01 AM
i can address anything if it is relevent to the conversation.. this Thread was started with the quote : Name some ATG fighters who avoided fighters" .. You was the 2nd poster and your reply was "Tyson vs Lewis, Bowe vs Lewis"

i called into question your reply, claiming that it was untrue and false.. i provided links to back up my evidence, yet you chose repeatedly to `Move the Goalposts`..

i will ask you one final time, Do you know agree that Riddick Bowe did not avoid Lennox Lewis and that it was Lennox who avoided Bowe ? and do you agree that by accepting step-a-side money Lennox Lewis avoided a career highest payday and gauranteed title fight with Mike Tyson in 1996?

What ever, your full of ****. Your all address my points, prove me wrong, when you dont even have any facts behind most of your arguments just lies or opinion yet people still endevour to answer your BS posts.

However when i completely stump you with a real questions you cant answer nothing is apparently valid. Its not valid that you said i believed in the fairies at the bottom of the garden because i said Bowe signed a deal Time Warner which you disputed, so i bring up evidence that he was signed to that deal but its not relevant?

I ask you why so many people think Bowe ducked Lewis despite the fact Bowe offered him the fight, no answer, im sorry, in your words not relevant lol

Your full of ****. You only want to have your lies and opinion dispelled and gloss over everyone else posts and answer the bits you can that fit into with your agenda

Good day. I own you.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM
What ever, your full of ****. Your all address my points, prove me wrong, when you dont even have any facts behind most of your arguments just lies or opinion yet people still endevour to answer your BS posts.

However when i completely stump you with a real questions you cant answer nothing is apparently valid. Its not valid that you said i believed in the fairies at the bottom of the garden because i said Bowe signed a deal Time Warner which you disputed, so i bring up evidence that he was signed to that deal but its not relevant?

I ask you why so many people think Bowe ducked Lewis despite the fact Bowe offered him the fight, no answer, im sorry, in your words not relevant lol

Your full of ****. You only want to have your lies and opinion dispelled and gloss over everyone else posts and answer the bits you can that fit into with your agenda

Good day. I own you.

Just as i expected... a Lewis nuthugger who refuses to accept the truth even tho it hits him smack in the face.. .. what lies have i told?... you have cut & pasted some drivel about Bowe fighting for Time Warner... what has that got to do with Lewis avoiding Bowe?

You are a very bitter little man who cannot get his head around the fact that i have completely blown out of the water your bull**** that Tyson & Bowe avoided Lennox Lewis...... i have hurt your ego and your feelings so now you are grasping at anything you can to try to discredit me personaly so as to take the play away from the proof i provided that Lewis was the one doing the ducking`

you are pathetic.. i sit here and laugh at fools like you on a daily basis.... go and feed the fairies you idiot

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Just as i expected... a Lewis nuthugger who refuses to accept the truth even tho it hits him smack in the face.. .. what lies have i told?... you have cut & pasted some drivel about Bowe fighting for Time Warner... what has that got to do with Lewis avoiding Bowe?

You are a very bitter little man who cannot get his head around the fact that i have completely blown out of the water your bull**** that Tyson & Bowe avoided Lennox Lewis...... i have hurt your ego and your feelings so now you are grasping at anything you can to try to discredit me personaly so as to take the play away from the proof i provided that Lewis was the one doing the ducking`

you are pathetic.. i sit here and laugh at fools like you on a daily basis.... go and feed the fairies you idiot

Im not a Lewis nuthugger. The SIG was an attempt to get under your skin because you are old guy with a psychotic/severely biased opinion toward Lennox Lewis. Im not the only one who thinks you are biased either, infact there are many on here who think your biased, so ask yourself this you weirdo,why do so many people think the opposite to what you think, that it was actually Bowe that ducked Lewis? Ill tell you why, because they have commonsense and perspective, you! are some kinda a window licker with no perspective or commonsense what so ever!! its like talking to that retard Tunney and trying to put some commonsense your way. The most disturbing thing about this is that you are not a kid but a full grown adult with the perspective of a 14 year old.

The Time Warner Sports thing was refuted by you like you knew it was false information, but i made look like a fool for refuting it because its quite clearly true, its not significant to the Lewis/Bowe argument but i thought seen as you picked up on it and made light of that particular point, it became relevant to disprove and own you once again, so you see its YOU!! that made it relevant in this argument you idiot LMAO.

Thats ironic because the consensus opinion dictates that you are wrong to think the way you do, whats it like out on that limb lol

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Playground antics... that is the mentality of you, how many believe you or me..... bull****. your trying to rally round a gang to back up your pathetic and false opinion that Riddick Bowe ducked Lennox Lewis....

you are angry because i exposed it as a myth, it did not happen, the truth of the story is like Riddick Bowe told it, Lewis never wanted to fight him...

and lets be honest hear... i dont blame Lennox Lewis for not fighting Riddick Bowe, in fact it was a fantastic piece of manouvering from his management in avoiding Bowe, we had just witnessed weeks earlier Riddick Bowe completely dismantle a prime Evander Holyfield in a fight that was as good as any in history... Riddick Bowe in 93 with Eddie Futch in his corner looked "unbeatable".. He would have been far too much for Lennox Lewis and for the money on offer Lewis was getting a hiding for nothing...

The same aplied in 96 when Mike Tyson won back the WBC title from Frank Bruno... Tyson looked awesome, with his plan to unify the title next by taking the WBA title from Bruce Seldon.. Lennox Lewis found himself installed as No1 contender for Tyson`s WBC title, but Lewis was coming off a devastating 2nd round KO loss to Tyson sparring partner Oliver McCall only 12 months earlier, his 2 comback fights against mediocre opponents Lionel Butler & Justin Fortune hardly stood him in good stead to be facing "The Baddest man on the Planet"... promoter Don King was looking to make the "Fight that never was" from 1991 Tyson vs Holyfield once Tyson took care of business with Bruce Seldon.... Lennox Lewis never fancied the job against Tyson and neither did his management team fancy the job against Tyson, so they accepted an offer of step-a-side money so that Tyson vs Holyfield could be made... Lewis could quite easily have said "No Thankyou" and pressed ahead with his shot at the title against Mike Tyson which Tyson would most definately stepped up to the challenge.. Don King knew that Tyson vs Lewis in 96 was knowhere near as big as Tyson vs Holyfield.....

All these avoiding claims by Lennox Lewis nuthuggers is a disgrace to the sport of boxing and to great champions in particular like Riddick Bowe & Mike Tyson.... if there was any avoiding it came from Lennox Lewis and his team.

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Playground antics... that is the mentality of you, how many believe you or me..... bull****. your trying to rally round a gang to back up your pathetic and false opinion that Riddick Bowe ducked Lennox Lewis....

you are angry because i exposed it as a myth, it did not happen, the truth of the story is like Riddick Bowe told it, Lewis never wanted to fight him...

and lets be honest hear... i dont blame Lennox Lewis for not fighting Riddick Bowe, in fact it was a fantastic piece of manouvering from his management in avoiding Bowe, we had just witnessed weeks earlier Riddick Bowe completely dismantle a prime Evander Holyfield in a fight that was as good as any in history... Riddick Bowe in 93 with Eddie Futch in his corner looked "unbeatable".. He would have been far too much for Lennox Lewis and for the money on offer Lewis was getting a hiding for nothing...

The same aplied in 96 when Mike Tyson won back the WBC title from Frank Bruno... Tyson looked awesome, with his plan to unify the title next by taking the WBA title from Bruce Seldon.. Lennox Lewis found himself installed as No1 contender for Tyson`s WBC title, but Lewis was coming off a devastating 2nd round KO loss to Tyson sparring partner Oliver McCall only 12 months earlier, his 2 comback fights against mediocre opponents Lionel Butler & Justin Fortune hardly stood him in good stead to be facing "The Baddest man on the Planet"... promoter Don King was looking to make the "Fight that never was" from 1991 Tyson vs Holyfield once Tyson took care of business with Bruce Seldon.... Lennox Lewis never fancied the job against Tyson and neither did his management team fancy the job against Tyson, so they accepted an offer of step-a-side money so that Tyson vs Holyfield could be made... Lewis could quite easily have said "No Thankyou" and pressed ahead with his shot at the title against Mike Tyson which Tyson would most definately stepped up to the challenge.. Don King knew that Tyson vs Lewis in 96 was knowhere near as big as Tyson vs Holyfield.....

All these avoiding claims by Lennox Lewis nuthuggers is a disgrace to the sport of boxing and to great champions in particular like Riddick Bowe & Mike Tyson.... if there was any avoiding it came from Lennox Lewis and his team.

Rally round? i dont need to rally round because its common knowledge to the majority of people that Bowe ducked Lewis, im just not sure whether you! realize it or whether you acknowledge it or have an answer to why so many people think that way.

Your just a bitter old cunt who is biased as ****. There is a way of being critical of a fighter without looking like a complete hater you know, people respect anyone's right to disagree about a fighters credentials but you just go from one extreme to another, make lies and distort/bend the truth to fit what you want to believe to prop up other fighters and **** on Lewis.

One more round
01-08-2010, 10:24 AM
it is not the billionth from me moaning about Lennox Lewis.. i have never moaned about Lewis... i have been 100% consitant in my views about Lennox Lewis, i have never changed or altered my views... when a topic arrises on Lennox Lewis and i add my view, that view and myself are always chastised & ridiculed by a very small few Lennox Lewis nuthuggers... yet i always provide links and the sourse of my point of view, however the nuthuggers always turn a blind eye to those links and try to belittle me personaly and claim that i am making up what i say are my views on the subject... let me assure the nuthuggers that i am not making nothing up, as far as i am concerned i tell it how IMO it actually happened during the career of Lennox Lewis... it most definately did not happen like the nuthuggers are trying to tell it...

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/Idiot.jpg

hookoutofhell
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
This should be interesting. ATG fighters who avoided fighting certain fighters!

How about Tony Zale never giving Burley, Holman Williams, or Lamotta there well deserved title shots......

How about Jack Dempey ducking Willis, Greb and Langford?

Discuss

the only one that springs to mind is SRL and his avoiding the fight with pryor.

another could be pbf avoiding the fight with tszyu.

its hard because alot of top quality fighters such as tyson, DLH etc are not ATG but are HOF fighters. i think one of the requirements of being an ATG is that you face everyone out there.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM

its hard because alot of top quality fighters such as tyson, DLH etc are not ATG but are HOF fighters. i think one of the requirements of being an ATG is that you face everyone out there.

Ray Leonard vs Pryor was never mooted.. for that fight to happen Pryor would have had to move up from 140lbs to 147lbs... Pryor fought at 140lbs his whole professional career.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 11:16 AM

Rally round? i dont need to rally round because its common knowledge to the majority of people that Bowe ducked Lewis, im just not sure whether you! realize it or whether you acknowledge it or have an answer to why so many people think that way.

Your just a bitter old cunt who is biased as ****. There is a way of being critical of a fighter without looking like a complete hater you know, people respect anyone's right to disagree about a fighters credentials but you just go from one extreme to another, make lies and distort/bend the truth to fit what you want to believe to prop up other fighters and **** on Lewis.

i am not bitter nor am i an old cunt.. for you to claim i am old tells me that you are under the age of 25yrs which means you was around 6yrs old in 1992 and 10yrs old in 1996... so in fact who are you to try and tell anyone that Bowe ducked Lewis / Tyson ducked Lewis... you are not old enough to recall the series of events that led to Bowe throwing the WBC belt in the Garbage Bin or Lewis being paid step-a-side money... i have explained for you in my above post exactly how these events unfolded because i can clearly recall them at that time.... yet you still being so young and of `playground mentality`i can understand how the truth will hurt you in your idolization of Lennox Lewis and destroy the mythical perseption you have of him as some kind of `school-bully` who terrorizes everyone in your classroom so much so that they throw their sweets in the garbage bin and pay him their lunch money.. like Bowe & Tyson done... :lol1:

GJC
01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
My post was in response to the stone roses who said that GJC "didn't know **** about boxing".
Bless you for the support, I had pretty much ignored the other guy who did not even understood my post and on another post says Dempsey had no skills.
My memory of it and this is not a criticism of Ali who was as brave a fighter who has ever laced on gloves rather it shows the risk v reward boxers weigh up.
Even if Norton was not the mandatory challenger he was certainly the no.1 HW behind Ali. They had 3 fights of which many said Norton won 2 some say all 3.
The 3rd fight was very contraversial and did not clear things up, Norton had since beaten the highly regarded Bobick (not by me I add)
Norton Ali 4 was the natural fight and the one the public wanted. Remember Spinks had only had 6 or 7 fights before he won the titlte and drawn against the only "name" fighter he had fought (Le Doux) Spinks was not a credible challenger Norton was.
Ali went for an easy defense like Dunn and Coopman but Norton was the fight.

The_Demon
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM

no wonder you are in the red

you are a ****in idiot

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
i am not bitter nor am i an old cunt.. for you to claim i am old tells me that you are under the age of 25yrs which means you was around 6yrs old in 1992 and 10yrs old in 1996... so in fact who are you to try and tell anyone that Bowe ducked Lewis / Tyson ducked Lewis... you are not old enough to recall the series of events that led to Bowe throwing the WBC belt in the Garbage Bin or Lewis being paid step-a-side money... i have explained for you in my above post exactly how these events unfolded because i can clearly recall them at that time.... yet you still being so young and of `playground mentality`i can understand how the truth will hurt you in your idolization of Lennox Lewis and destroy the mythical perseption you have of him as some kind of `school-bully` who terrorizes everyone in your classroom so much so that they throw their sweets in the garbage bin and pay him their lunch money.. like Bowe & Tyson done... :lol1:

Yeah? i was wondering what that number was under my profile, you know!! the part that says age (28)

Yeah you recalled that Bowe did not sign a deal with Time Warner Sports did'nt you ? wish id been a bit younger to be privileged to know that, oh wait Bowe did sign with Time Warner Sports lol, that is how reliable your memory of these events is at the time they happened, either that or its just you distorting the truth,lying so it suits your argument again!!, thats why i cant take anything you seriously because you have a history of lying and bending the facts, like when you said you saw Ruiz drop Lewis in sparring but had no evidence what so ever, despite the fact you said it was common knowledge. This is precisely why you are a HATER rather than a critic, you try your upmost to lie and bend the truth to discredit Lewis, that alone tells its own story.

Trying to pass your hatred of as me being a Lewis nuthugger does not work because everyone in the section has seen how irrational you are when it comes to Lewis. If you had a brain you would of been able to be a bit more reserved and made the same criticism and been considered a Lewis critic, which is fine, instead of being considered a Lewis hater, however it seems as though you dont have the brains to grasp this concept.

Your opinion regarding Lewis its just pure spiteful hatred with no fact and plenty of distortion of the truth and lies.

You STILL!! have not explained why so many people think Bowe ducked Lewis, if its so obvious that Lewis ducked Bowe then how come the overwhelmingly majority disagree with that opinion ?

GJC
01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I have read this too, but that was purely a business decision. Why fight them early on, wait until both their stars had grown and the fight would reel in much more money for everyone. Dundee always intended to fight Hearns, just later on when it would make more sense and $$ for everyone.
Not saying it wasn't, just making the point that fighters duck fights after weighing up risk v reward. Leonard doesn't want to risk fighting Hearns until the reward is great enough. SRR doesn't want to fight Burley because the gate for 2 black men fighting in that era is never going to justify the risk. etc

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah? i was wondering what that number was under my profile, you know!! the part that says age (28)

Yeah you recalled that Bowe did not sign a deal with Time Warner Sports did'nt you ? wish id been a bit younger to be privileged to know that, oh wait Bowe did sign with Time Warner Sports lol, that is how reliable your memory of these events is at the time they happened, either that or its just you distorting the truth,lying so it suits your argument again!!, thats why i cant take anything you seriously because you have a history of lying and bending the facts, like when you said you saw Ruiz drop Lewis in sparring but had no evidence what so ever, despite the fact you said it was common knowledge. This is precisely why you are a HATER rather than a critic, you try your upmost to lie and bend the truth to discredit Lewis, that alone tells its own story.

Trying to pass your hatred of as me being a Lewis nuthugger does not work because everyone in the section has seen how irrational you are when it comes to Lewis. If you had a brain you would of been able to be a bit more reserved and made the same criticism and been considered a Lewis critic, which is fine, instead of being considered a Lewis hater, however it seems as though you dont have the brains to grasp this concept.

Your opinion regarding Lewis its just pure spiteful hatred with no fact and plenty of distortion of the truth and lies.

You STILL!! have not explained why so many people think Bowe ducked Lewis, if its so obvious that Lewis ducked Bowe then how come the overwhelmingly majority disagree with that opinion ?
So you was only 10yrs old by your own admision when Bowe dumped the WBC belt

again.. another post directed at ridiculing me personaly and not addressing the topic... so i will once again provide you with the link.

That link is for you and all these so-called overwhelming majority who you claim disagree with my opinion... i sugest you watch the link and alter for ever the belief you have that Bowe ducked Lewis... because if you dont you will lying to yourself.. so make sure you watch it and listen to it, that way you will forever know the truth.

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 12:12 PM

again.. another post directed at ridiculing me personaly and not addressing the topic... so i will once again provide you with the link.

That link is for you and all these so-called overwhelming majority who you claim disagree with my opinion... i sugest you watch the link and alter for ever the belief you have that Bowe ducked Lewis... because if you dont you will lying to yourself.. so make sure you watch it and listen to it, that way you will forever know the truth.

My age that is irrelevant. Its just aswell we have these articles available because because you seem to have a poor recollection of the events anyway. I trust articles from Sports illustrated and their Boxing correspondents more than i do some bitter old guy with an obsession with discrediting and lying about Lennox Lewis's career.

Your posting a video that i posted on here that you knew nothing about until i posted it so why are you showing it to me lol

People know Lewis was offered the fight,they also know Bowe low balled Lewis with an offer he (Bowe) knew!! would get rejected so he could duck Lewis and attempt not to lose face, guess what? it did'nt work, almost everyone!! besides a you thinks he ducked Lewis. I suggest you watch Bowe dumping the belt in the bin.

The_Demon
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM

bowe did duck lewis,thats a fact

which makes your argument invalid

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
My age that is irrelevant. Its just aswell we have these articles available because because you seem to have a poor recollection of the events anyway. I trust articles from Sports illustrated and their Boxing correspondents more than i do some bitter old guy with an obsession with discrediting and lying about Lennox Lewis's career.

Your posting a video that i posted on here that you knew nothing about until i posted it so why are you showing it to me lol

People know Lewis was offered the fight,they also know Bowe low balled Lewis with an offer he (Bowe) knew!! would get rejected so he could duck Lewis and attempt not to lose face, guess what? it did'nt work, almost everyone!! besides a you thinks he ducked Lewis. I suggest you watch Bowe dumping the belt in the bin.

hilarious... you wont even accept it when its their on film for you..

as for you claim about Ruiz flooring Lewis in sparring back in 94 that my friend is 100% correct.. it was reported in Boxing News the weekly fight publication... i could also tell you about the sparring session Lewis had with Lamon Brewster in 2000 or you could do yourself a favour and get a copy of the Lewis documentary shown on the BBC the night of Lewis vs Rahman (1) where Lewis hired Jeremy Williams as his chief sparring partner...

ive forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know `Nuthugger`

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
hilarious... you wont even accept it when its their on film for you..

as for you claim about Ruiz flooring Lewis in sparring back in 94 that my friend is 100% correct.. it was reported in Boxing News the weekly fight publication... i could also tell you about the sparring session Lewis had with Lamon Brewster in 2000 or you could do yourself a favour and get a copy of the Lewis documentary shown on the BBC the night of Lewis vs Rahman (1) where Lewis hired Jeremy Williams as his chief sparring partner...

ive forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know `Nuthugger`

Accept what !!!!! LMAO

I will put in bold so you can understand No one said Bowe did not offer Lewis the fight but the reason Lewis declined was because Bowe threw him a measly offer when he was ALREADY GURANTEED to fight for the title so why take a low ball offer. Bowe then publicly threw the belt in the bin to save face but that low ball offer just confirmed what most already know, still know, that Bowe had no intention of fighting Lewis at that particular point,whether it was smart business that i can understand why he did it, it is what it is

More apparent incident without facts i see. If it did happen fair enough but where the is you proof to support it?

You will never know as much about Boxing as i know if you live another life time, put me in the same room as you and i will make you look a complete fool the stuff i can teach you about Boxing from a technical stand point.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Accept what !!!!! LMAO

I will put in bold so you can understand No one said Bowe did not offer Lewis the fight but the reason Lewis declined was because Bowe threw him a measly offer when he was ALREADY GURANTEED to fight for the title so why take a low ball offer. Bowe then publicly threw the belt in the bin to save face but that low ball offer just confirmed what most already know, still know, that Bowe had no intention of fighting Lewis at that particular point,whether it was smart business that i can understand why he did it, it is what it is

More apparent incident without facts i see. If it did happen fair enough but where the is you proof to support it?

You will never know as much about Boxing as i know if you live another life time, put me in the same room as you and i will make you look a complete fool the stuff i can teach you about Boxing from a technical stand point.

you gotta be joking i would lose you

GJC
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Dynamite and Sonny you are both knowledeable posters lets get off Lewis and Bowe and show that knowledge and expand this thread a little?
I apologise to the ts for putting up Lewis v Tyson as it has ended up hijacking a potentially good thread into a Lewis fest.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Dynamite and Sonny you are both knowledeable posters lets get off Lewis and Bowe and show that knowledge and expand this thread a little?
I apologise to the ts for putting up Lewis v Tyson as it has ended up hijacking a potentially good thread into a Lewis fest.

GJC... you may recall i had this clown on my case around 6 months ago when i made a post on his Bowe ducked Lewis thread back then... he supplied the youtube video which i have posted today for him.. he is just rying to stir up trouble on a topic which he already knew my views on..

i am done with the fool, his nuthugging is of gigantic proportions.. the next stop for him is `stalking poor Lennox`

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
GJC... you may recall i had this clown on my case around 6 months ago when i made a post on his Bowe ducked Lewis thread back then... he supplied the youtube video which i have posted today for him.. he is just rying to stir up trouble on a topic which he already knew my views on..

i am done with the fool, his nuthugging is of gigantic proportions.. the next stop for him is `stalking poor Lennox`

Thats right i supplied a youtube video that you have been posting to me so i can watch it, what kind of a retard does that make you when i am the one who posted it here when you!! had never seen it lol

You are done with me but you bump various thread of mine. You pissed ?

Do you somehow think that by calling me a Lewis nuthgger that it exonerates you from being a Lewis hater? there are a few others in the history section you called nuthuggers of Lewis because they refuse to accept your retarded logic. I know it makes you feel like you are not so much a hater when you call someone a hugger but that just makes you look like a coward in my eyes, because you refuse to man up and hide behind your agenda.

Why not man up and just say i dont like Lewis and what? I for one would respect that much more than you pretending you are being objective. Im sure you made a post last time we spoke were called Lewis a bum or words to that effect, i will have to dig it up. Today you have actually said you like! Lewis, if that is not just a pure lie i dont know what is.

I will pull anyone up if they are overrating someone. I will also pull anyone up who is underrating someone, its just the way i roll. Call it like is dont exaggerate either way.

I have lost all respect for you, your a liar and you smell of wee old guy.

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Thats right i supplied a youtube video that you have been posting to me so i can watch it, what kind of a retard does that make you when i am the one who posted it here when you!! had never seen it lol

You are done with me but you bump various thread of mine. You pissed ?

Do you somehow think that by calling me a Lewis nuthgger that it exonerates you from being a Lewis hater? there are a few others in the history section you called nuthuggers of Lewis because they refuse to accept your retarded logic. I know it makes you feel like you are not so much a hater when you call someone a hugger but that just makes you look like a coward in my eyes, because you refuse to man up and hide behind your agenda.

Why not man up and just say i dont like Lewis and what? I for one would respect that much more than you pretending you are being objective. Im sure you made a post last time we spoke were called Lewis a bum or words to that effect, i will have to dig it up. Today you have actually said you like! Lewis, if that is not just a pure lie i dont know what is.

I will pull anyone up if they are overrating someone. I will also pull anyone up who is underrating someone, its just the way i roll. Call it like is dont exaggerate either way.

I have lost all respect for you, your a liar and you smell of wee old guy.
hey ****sucker... i aint as old as you seem to think, and i am quite sure that if you seen me you would cower under a table shaking with fright... you are nothing but a nuthugger who cannot accept the fact that Lewis avoided Bowe... i say `FACT` because you supplied the evidence to prove yourself wrong and me correct...

Ok just to please you i will tell you that i dont like Lewis, i dont like him because i think he is a big fairy who avoided every top fighter who was at the top of their game his whole career.. he only ever fought Class C & D fighters or fighters who was years past their best or on the downside of their careers... i would not go as far as to label Lewis as a `Bum`i think of him as an oppotunist who wanted nothing to do with the top USA fighters of the 1990s like Holmes, Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, Holyfield, Witherspoon, Bowe, Brewster, Jones Jr. Ruiz, Byrd all of who held versions of the Heavyweight Title ... Lewis nuthuggers will claim that Lewis beat everyman he got in the ring with and cleaned out a division, which i find laughable as Lewis never fought any of the above USA fighters who was all in the Top 10 ratings of the division from 1990 onwards.. what Lewis nuthuggers hate most is fans of Mike Tyson the former ATG... they like to belittle Tysons achievements and try to make out Lewis was some kind of dominant force in boxing during the period 92-2002 when the truth is that Lewis was simply a Canadian/British thing who put on boring snoozers against mediocre opponents, McCall (2), Akinwande, Mavrovic, Tua to name but a few... yes just for you Kid i will gladly hold-up my hands and say, `i dont like Lewis` and in that i mean i dont like him as a boxer.. as a person he maybe ok i dont know because i dont know the guy personally, but as far as boxing is concerned Lennox Lewis is not and never has been a fighter i would choose to watch if i was selecting a DVD to watch with a few buddies..

GJC
01-08-2010, 03:32 PM
the top USA fighters of the 1990s like Holmes, Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, Holyfield, Witherspoon, Bowe, Brewster, Jones Jr. Ruiz, Byrd all of who held versions of the Heavyweight Title ...

Sonny we have batted these names around a fair bit but RJJ is a new one you are throwing in. He only won the title just before Lewis retired against a carefully selected opponent and showed little interest in defending it. I won't rehash the others as we have done this over a few times but surely you will concede that RJJ is a stretch?

Lennox Lewis is not and never has been a fighter i would choose to watch if i was selecting a DVD to watch with a few buddies..

On that we agree 100%

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Sonny we have batted these names around a fair bit but RJJ is a new one you are throwing in. He only won the title just before Lewis retired against a carefully selected opponent and showed little interest in defending it. I won't rehash the others as we have done this over a few times but surely you will concede that RJJ is a stretch?

On that we agree 100%

GJC... its obvious that you dont know that when Jones Jr won the WBA title from John Ruiz in march 2003 he was undefeated and the 1st middleweight champion for 100yrs to win the heavyweight belt... HBO offered Lennox Lewis the staggering sum of $35 million to fight Roy Jones Jr... Lewis turned down the offer saying he was not interested in fighting a former middleweight champion...

GJC
01-08-2010, 04:07 PM
GJC... its obvious that you dont know that when Jones Jr won the WBA title from John Ruiz in march 2003 he was undefeated and the 1st middleweight champion for 100yrs to win the heavyweight belt... HBO offered Lennox Lewis the staggering sum of $35 million to fight Roy Jones Jr... Lewis turned down the offer saying he was not interested in fighting a former middleweight champion...
Give up lol

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing-destiny-leading-lewis-towards-last-hurrah-with-jones-541306.html

GJC.. i am surprised at you

there is upwards of 100+ links on this subject to be got on Google.com

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 04:17 PM
maybe your mind is playing games with you GJC... surely you can remmember Roy Jones Jr. shouting for a fight with Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield & Lennox Lewis from 2000 onwards.

GJC
01-08-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing-destiny-leading-lewis-towards-last-hurrah-with-jones-541306.html

GJC.. i am surprised at you

there is upwards of 100+ links on this subject to be got on Google.com
Sonny I have no doubt that you can find newspaper clips for much of what you say. Thing is I don't believe all I read in newspapers and generally take articles with a pinch of salt or figure out what is more likely.

By the time this article was written I would imagine that Jones was at least in talks to fight Tarver? So he has to drop 20lbs of pretty much muscle which is no easy feat so if he had started some training to lose this weight he is committed to not fighting at HW against anyone. If he was keen to continue fighting at HW why not Tyson?
The public would have paid to see it and Tyson would have certainly gone for it after the Lewis defeat. Also by now Tyson's speed has pretty much gone and like Ruiz his size isn't excessive for a MW/LHW to fight.

Doesn't add up Sonny, you must know that surely?

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Sonny I have no doubt that you can find newspaper clips for much of what you say. Thing is I don't believe all I read in newspapers and generally take articles with a pinch of salt or figure out what is more likely.

By the time this article was written I would imagine that Jones was at least in talks to fight Tarver? So he has to drop 20lbs of pretty much muscle which is no easy feat so if he had started some training to lose this weight he is committed to not fighting at HW against anyone. If he was keen to continue fighting at HW why not Tyson?
The public would have paid to see it and Tyson would have certainly gone for it after the Lewis defeat. Also by now Tyson's speed has pretty much gone and like Ruiz his size isn't excessive for a MW/LHW to fight.

Doesn't add up Sonny, you must know that surely?

like i said... Jones shouted for a Tyson , Holyfield & Lewis fight from 2000 onwards... HBOs Boxing after dark even ran a show building up a Jones vs Lewis fight

GJC
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM
maybe your mind is playing games with you GJC... surely you can remmember Roy Jones Jr. shouting for a fight with Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield & Lennox Lewis from 2000 onwards.
But I take about as much notice of that stuff as I do some starlet saying she has screwed Warren Beatty and the like.
If Roy Jones wanted to fight Mike Tyson after he beat Ruiz there is nothing that would have stopped that fight if he wanted it to happen. Tyson was finished and shot he would have fought Hulk Hogan for a decent purse. Jones is @ HW can see Tyson is shot so why didn't the fight happen?

TheGreatA
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I fail to see how talks of a potential Roy Jones vs Lennox Lewis match-up equals to Lewis turning down an offer to fight Jones and ducking him. Jones also made it quite clear at the time that he was looking to fight Holyfield or Tyson but ended up going back to LHW to fight Tarver.

Then again this is the same man who thinks Tyson paying Lewis millions not to fight him and Bowe throwing a belt in the trash can instead of facing his mandatory contender means Lewis was ducking them. Flawed logic.

GJC
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I fail to see how talks of a potential Roy Jones vs Lennox Lewis match-up equals to Lewis turning down an offer to fight Jones and ducking him. Jones also made it quite clear at the time that he was looking to fight Holyfield or Tyson but ended up going back to LHW to fight Tarver.

Then again this is the same man who thinks Tyson paying Lewis millions not to fight him and Bowe throwing a belt in the trash can instead of facing his mandatory contender means Lewis was ducking them. Flawed logic.
Pretty much my view but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

dagrtst
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Some of the most ridiculous things have been said about Lewis, Tyson and Jones in this thread. It comes to a point where someone needs to shut up and move on.

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Congratulations you just proved your nothing more than a Lennox Lewis nuthugger.

donkim
01-08-2010, 08:06 PM
LMAO at the Dynamite Kid trying to get under the skin of somebody on the internet through a sig.

It springs to your mind because you don't know anything about boxing.Aaron Pryor was never in a position to step up and get knocked out by Ray Leonard.

Aaron Pryor himself has confirmed that he turned down half a million to duck the biggest star in boxing at the time and a career high payday.

It's rumored that he did so because he didn't want to be Danny Green'd.

Anybody claiming that Mayweather ducked Tszyu is a moron.Tszyu was hardly fighting by the time Mayweather moved up a class and he wanted a fight with Tszyu.

sonnyboyx2
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM

The GreatA... here is a link just for you.

you are saying its bad for Bowe to bin a belt.. but nothing should be said when Lewis done it for refusing to fight Byrd & Ruiz... is that correct with you?

TheGreatA
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
The GreatA... here is a link just for you.

you are saying its bad for Bowe to bin a belt.. but nothing should be said when Lewis done it for refusing to fight Byrd & Ruiz... is that correct with you?

As I've explained, the big difference is that Bowe went onto defend his title against Jesse Ferguson & an old Michael Dokes while Lewis took on Michael Grant (call him an overhyped bum but he was top 3 in the division then), Mike Tyson (over the hill, sure, but also the biggest fight to be made at the time) and Vitali Klitschko. Those were the fights that the public wanted. Not Ruiz or Byrd who were boring the audiences to death.

GJC
01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
As I've explained, the big difference is that Bowe went onto defend his title against Jesse Ferguson & an old Michael Dokes while Lewis took on Michael Grant (call him an overhyped bum but he was top 3 in the division then), Mike Tyson (over the hill, sure, but also the biggest fight to be made at the time) and Vitali Klitschko. Those were the fights that the public wanted. Not Ruiz or Byrd who were boring the audiences to death.
Don't forget Tua :)

sonnyboyx2
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM

Ruiz waited over 2yrs as No1 contender for his shot at Lewis, Lewis kept him waiting and fought a bum in Michael Grant, now you may claim that you wanted to see Lewis fight Grant rather than Ruiz, but i and many others did not.. Grant fought Golota and was floored (twice) in the opening round and behind on the scorecards when Golota suddenly quit the fight... Grants performance did not under any circumstances warrant him a title fight ahead of the much more dangerous and No1 contender John Ruiz.... Lennox Lewis sat ringside with Donald Trump at the Trump taj mahal Atlantic City watching the Grant vs Golota fight, Lewis seen first hand that Grant was nothing but a hyped up tomato can.... For you to claim Grant vs Lewis was the fight Boxing fans wanted to see over Ruiz vs Lewis is ridiculous.. you must think all fans are as gullible as you are...... Ruiz was No1 contender and avoided by Lennox Lewis, now what ever spin you want to put on it you must hold up your hands and admit this to be true...

here is a link.

http://www.********boxing.com/boxing-news/rodriguez0412.php

sonnyboyx2
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM
04.12 - Once again, boxing is preparing itself for another title fight, featuring Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield and Chris Byrd, with a little help from Lennox Lewis; boxing fans have an opportunity to see whether or not Chris Byrd can truly make an impact in the heavyweight division. Byrd, who's most notable wins are against David Tua and Vitali Klitschko, was to face Lennox Lewis for the IBF World Heavyweight Championship title, until Lennox Lewis made an announcement claiming that the fight would not sell to the public, and that he was relinquishing the title, leaving it for number one contender, Chris Byrd, and number two contender, Evander Holyfield, to battle for it on December 14th.

As of today, we recognize Lennox Lewis as the true Heavyweight Champion of the World, but when you relinquish titles instead of fighting to keep them, people tend to believe that you don't want to fight. In the 90's, Lennox Lewis was crying because Riddick Bowe dumped the WBC title in the garbage instead of defending it against Lewis. Lewis fans went on a frenzy claiming that Bowe was a chicken and did not want to fight Lewis because of their amateur bout in '88 where Lewis knocked out Bowe to win gold. However, since Lennox unified all three major titles in the ring, he has been stripped of both the WBA and the IBF world titles because he picks and chooses his opponents. The WBA mandatory challenger was John Ruiz, and even though Ruiz has a very displeasing style in the ring, he gave Holyfield three tough fights. In the second of their three bouts, he knocked Evander down with a sneaky right hand, leaving Holyfield badly hurt and holding on for the remainder of the round. Could this be the reason why Lennox decided not to fight Jon Ruiz? And as Lennox continues to play "Duck, Duck, Goose," Evander seems to be getting the tap on the head, "Goose!" by those fighters that Lennox does not pick to fight.

Chris Byrd has been hard at work since turning pro, and today has faced both Klitschko brothers, beating Vitali; after a shoulder injury had occurred during their bout, Vitali elected to throw in the towel, even though he was ahead on all three cards. But most people felt that it was Byrd's craft rather than the shoulder injury that ended the fight-just before the fight was stopped, Byrd had started to catch Vitali with good shots and all of a sudden the Ukrainian fighter seemed to have become a big strike zone for the smaller man in the ring.

The Klitschko's, like David Tua, are big named fighters who have power and skill, but none of the three fighters were able to knock Byrd out. Could this be why Lennox Lewis elected to let Holyfield take the fight against Byrd instead?

TheGreatA
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Ruiz waited over 2yrs as No1 contender for his shot at Lewis, Lewis kept him waiting and fought a bum in Michael Grant, now you may claim that you wanted to see Lewis fight Grant rather than Ruiz, but i and many others did not.. Grant fought Golota and was floored (twice) in the opening round and behind on the scorecards when Golota suddenly quit the fight... Grants performance did not under any circumstances warrant him a title fight ahead of the much more dangerous and No1 contender John Ruiz.... Lennox Lewis sat ringside with Donald Trump at the Trump taj mahal Atlantic City watching the Grant vs Golota fight, Lewis seen first hand that Grant was nothing but a hyped up tomato can.... For you to claim Grant vs Lewis was the fight Boxing fans wanted to see over Ruiz vs Lewis is ridiculous.. you must think all fans are as gullible as you are...... Ruiz was No1 contender and avoided by Lennox Lewis, now what ever spin you want to put on it you must hold up your hands and admit this to be true...

here is a link.

http://www.********boxing.com/boxing-news/rodriguez0412.php

1999 Ring ratings:

1. Lennox Lewis
2. Evander Holyfield
3. Michael Grant
4. Ike Ibeabuchi
5. David Tua
6. Mike Tyson
7. Vitali Klitschko
8. Andrew Golota
9. Derrick Jefferson
10. Oleg Maskaev

Ruiz at the time was most known for his brutal 19 second defeat to David Tua and his best win was over an ancient Tony Tucker. He was not ranked in the top 10 except by a crooked alphabet title organization.

Ziggy Stardust
01-09-2010, 04:43 PM
hey ****sucker... i aint as old as you seem to think, and i am quite sure that if you seen me you would cower under a table shaking with fright... you are nothing but a nuthugger who cannot accept the fact that Lewis avoided Bowe... i say `FACT` because you supplied the evidence to prove yourself wrong and me correct...

Ok just to please you i will tell you that i dont like Lewis, i dont like him because i think he is a big fairy who avoided every top fighter who was at the top of their game his whole career.. he only ever fought Class C & D fighters or fighters who was years past their best or on the downside of their careers... i would not go as far as to label Lewis as a `Bum`i think of him as an oppotunist who wanted nothing to do with the top USA fighters of the 1990s like Holmes, Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, Holyfield, Witherspoon, Bowe, Brewster, Jones Jr. Ruiz, Byrd all of who held versions of the Heavyweight Title ... Lewis nuthuggers will claim that Lewis beat everyman he got in the ring with and cleaned out a division, which i find laughable as Lewis never fought any of the above USA fighters who was all in the Top 10 ratings of the division from 1990 onwards.. what Lewis nuthuggers hate most is fans of Mike Tyson the former ATG... they like to belittle Tysons achievements and try to make out Lewis was some kind of dominant force in boxing during the period 92-2002 when the truth is that Lewis was simply a Canadian/British thing who put on boring snoozers against mediocre opponents, McCall (2), Akinwande, Mavrovic, Tua to name but a few... yes just for you Kid i will gladly hold-up my hands and say, `i dont like Lewis` and in that i mean i dont like him as a boxer.. as a person he maybe ok i dont know because i dont know the guy personally, but as far as boxing is concerned Lennox Lewis is not and never has been a fighter i would choose to watch if i was selecting a DVD to watch with a few buddies..

You're a brain damaged crackpot with with an agenda: You should seek psychiatric treatment for your psychosis.

Poet

Earl Hickey
01-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Lewis and Bowe only fought one time, in the amateurs, and lewis ktfo

mickey malone
01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
ATG's who avoided top fighters?

Liston - Mac Foster
Hagler - Herol Graham
Leonard - Pryor/McCallum
Bowe - Lennox Lewis
Lewis - John Ruiz
Hopkins - Joe Calzaghe
Jones - Joe Calzaghe
Calzaghe - Bernard Hopkins
Ali - George Foreman 2 (this one's a 50/50 debate)

sonnyboyx2
01-10-2010, 05:40 AM
1999 Ring ratings:

1. Lennox Lewis
2. Evander Holyfield
3. Michael Grant
4. Ike Ibeabuchi
5. David Tua
6. Mike Tyson
7. Vitali Klitschko
8. Andrew Golota
9. Derrick Jefferson
10. Oleg Maskaev

Ruiz at the time was most known for his brutal 19 second defeat to David Tua and his best win was over an ancient Tony Tucker. He was not ranked in the top 10 except by a crooked alphabet title organization.

Those are the ring magazine ratings.. not the WBA ratings.

it is right in front of your eyes the knowledge that Lewis "Binned" the WBA belt to avoid fighting John Ruiz... yet you will not acknowledge it ..... why?
is it because if you acknowledge it that it then means Riddick Bowe was correct to "Bin" his WBC belt in late 1992 and go on to fight Evander Holyfield for $30,000,000 in their rematch?

This is everything that is wrong with trying to discuss boxing and in particular the career of Lennox Lewis... some Lewis fans have built-up this mythical image of him that they cannot and will not acknowledge the truth about him.. for fear that their hero will be exposed as just another fighter who ducked & dodged his was to victories while avoiding the top fighters...

its ok for many on this forum to claim that ATG fighters like Muhammad Ali ducked Norton
Leonard ducked Pryor
Hagler ducked Graham
Liston ducked Foster
Dempsey ducked Wells

and those posters who make those claims will never get ridiculed or slandered, those posters do not have to provide links or evidence to back up their claims because those claims are just accepted as `factual & true` But let anyone dare to make a claim that Lennox Lewis ducked a fighter or that Tyson & Holyfield was NOT in their prime when they fought Lennox Lewis and that poster will become the most hated and reviled cunt that ever posted in the history of the Forum....... i have said many times over that Lennox Lewis is a Canadian/British thing only.
expose him and these people have nothing left which there country can be regarded as a boxing nation

GJC
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Those are the ring magazine ratings.. not the WBA ratings.

To be fair I think many people are more comfortable with Rinbg's rankings rather then the political sanctioning bodys.

those posters who make those claims will never get ridiculed or slandered, those posters do not have to provide links or evidence to back up their claims because those claims are just accepted as `factual & true` But let anyone dare to make a claim that Lennox Lewis ducked a fighter or that Tyson & Holyfield was NOT in their prime when they fought Lennox Lewis and that poster will become the most hated and reviled cunt that ever posted in the history of the Forum....... i have said many times over that Lennox Lewis is a Canadian/British thing only.
expose him and these people have nothing left which there country can be regarded as a boxing nation
Sonny as you are aware I do not agree with your opinions on Lewis but the fact that I don't makes you accuse me of being a Lewis nuthugger. The truth is whilst I'm British I count Lewis as Brit of convenience. I also agreed with you that he is not a fighter that I would go out of my way to get a tape of his old fights. I do however respect him as a fighter and his resume.
That said some of the insults thrown at you are a bit excessive and I hope that you do not think that I have insulted you as whether I agree or disagree with someone I always try to be curteous and hope for the same.
I do respect both You and Dynamite Kid's knowledge but I think neither of you have acquited yourselves well in this "flame" war you are carrying out against each other and hope that you can both calm down.

mickey malone
01-10-2010, 11:38 PM
To be fair I think many people are more comfortable with Rinbg's rankings rather then the political sanctioning bodys.

Sonny as you are aware I do not agree with your opinions on Lewis but the fact that I don't makes you accuse me of being a Lewis nuthugger. The truth is whilst I'm British I count Lewis as Brit of convenience. I also agreed with you that he is not a fighter that I would go out of my way to get a tape of his old fights. I do however respect him as a fighter and his resume.
That said some of the insults thrown at you are a bit excessive and I hope that you do not think that I have insulted you as whether I agree or disagree with someone I always try to be curteous and hope for the same.
I do respect both You and Dynamite Kid's knowledge but I think neither of you have acquited yourselves well in this "flame" war you are carrying out against each other and hope that you can both calm down.
Bowe was the 5th little piggy who went wee wee wee all the way home..

sonnyboyx2
01-11-2010, 04:37 AM

GJC... The Ring Magazine ratings are a load of rubbish and you should know that.. if we are to go by the Ring ratings then we should just call them the "Golden Boy Promotions" Ratings because the Ring Magazine is owned by Oscar Delahoya... before Oscar bought the magazine, it was widely viewed as being a corrupt publication after Bert Sugar quit as editor..almost every GBP fighter is rated at the top of the Ring Magazine ratings.. The WBA is the oldest boxing title in world boxing..

you are not a nuthugger and if i have refered to you as one then it is by mistake.. you are one of the top 3 posters on this forum and i enjoy reading your posts and discusing the sport we both love so much... "Double up the jab, my friend"

General Zod
01-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Lennox Lewis ducked Byrd, Ruiz, Mercer and Vitali.

GJC
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
GJC... The Ring Magazine ratings are a load of rubbish and you should know that.. if we are to go by the Ring ratings then we should just call them the "Golden Boy Promotions" Ratings because the Ring Magazine is owned by Oscar Delahoya... before Oscar bought the magazine, it was widely viewed as being a corrupt publication after Bert Sugar quit as editor..almost every GBP fighter is rated at the top of the Ring Magazine ratings.. The WBA is the oldest boxing title in world boxing..

I deliberately said most people and excluded myself lol. I personally have never forgiven them for the Don King MW tournament. I think pretty much all sanctioning bodies have skeletons in their cupboard re rankings, it much be a fun thing at one time to get people in here to rank their top tens I think even allowing for personal bias we might get a pretty good concensus.

you are not a nuthugger and if i have refered to you as one then it is by mistake.. you are one of the top 3 posters on this forum and i enjoy reading your posts and discusing the sport we both love so much... "Double up the jab, my friend"

1st you underrate Lewis then shamefully overrate me tsk tsk ;)
I too enjoy reading your posts Sonny totally disagree with your views on a couple of fighters but tip my hate to your passion and research even on those posts.
I will attempt to steer you onto other fighters in the future where you can show your knowledge it grates with me that you have a red bar. Same with Obama he shouldn't have a red bar either even though I often disagree with him. I disagree with this karma system except when used positively people should content themselves with fighting their corner in the forums.

Ziggy Stardust
01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I deliberately said most people and excluded myself lol. I personally have never forgiven them for the Don King MW tournament. I think pretty much all sanctioning bodies have skeletons in their cupboard re rankings, it much be a fun thing at one time to get people in here to rank their top tens I think even allowing for personal bias we might get a pretty good concensus.

You can toss the Alphabet Boy's rating down the toilet. The Ring ratings have historically been the only ones remotely objective: Now whether that still holds true since being purchased by GBP is an open question. If they aren't then there are NO objective ratings anymore anywhere.

Poet

sonnyboyx2
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
You can toss the Alphabet Boy's rating down the toilet. The Ring ratings have historically been the only ones remotely objective: Now whether that still holds true since being purchased by GBP is an open question. If they aren't then there are NO objective ratings anymore anywhere.

Poet

well i have followed boxing for over 40yrs and i can never ever recall the Ring ratings taking presidence over the WBA or WBC rating before the last few years since purchased by GBP...

i would be delighted if you could post an example of this being the case and a link.

Ziggy Stardust
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
well i have followed boxing for over 40yrs and i can never ever recall the Ring ratings taking presidence over the WBA or WBC rating before the last few years since purchased by GBP...

i would be delighted if you could post an example of this being the case and a link.

Do your minders at the funny farm know you've gotten illicit access to a computer again? How are those shock treaments working out for you by the way?

Poet

sonnyboyx2
01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Do your minders at the funny farm know you've gotten illicit access to a computer again? How are those shock treaments working out for you by the way?

Poet

just as i thought... you cannot answer my question because what you blurted out about the Ring Magazine ratings was a load of garbage just like everything else you have to say... not a single example could you give

Ziggy Stardust
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
just as i thought... you cannot answer my question because what you blurted out about the Ring Magazine ratings was a load of garbage just like everything else you have to say... not a single example could you give

Wrong. I simply take nothing you post seriously as I don't take YOU seriously as a human being. As far as I'm concerned you're a kook and a crackpot who can be safely disregarded as anything other than an occasional source of amusement. Sending me a nasty E-Mail because I blocked you from posting in a Lennox Lewis thread is clearly the product of a derranged mind. You Sir, have no credibility. Have an nice day! :)

Poet

sonnyboyx2
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Wrong. I simply take nothing you post seriously as I don't take YOU seriously as a human being. As far as I'm concerned you're a kook and a crackpot who can be safely disregarded as anything other than an occasional source of amusement. Sending me a nasty E-Mail because I blocked you from posting in a Lennox Lewis thread is clearly the product of a derranged mind. You Sir, have no credibility. Have an nice day! :)

Poet
The only reason you dont like me is that you are envious of the knowledge i have of this sport... i have read most of your posts and 99% of them have nothing to do with Boxing... your game on this forum is ridicule & kiss-assing, yet because i told it how it is on your hero Lennox Lewis you have resorted to hate & ridicule, well thats fine by me... i never wanted or tried to post on your recent topic because as soon as i seen it was started by you i knew it was a `Red-Herring`... if i knew how to block you i most certainly would because like i said, you know nothing about this sport so your imput would be of zero interest.... so unto i do find how to block you i would appreciate it if you refrained from posting on any thread which i start on this forum as i find you to be a very annoying, irritating little creep

General Zod
01-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Hopkins ducked Jones,Dawson, Toney and Calzaghe