View Full Version : Prime 4 prime who would win Lennox Lewis vs Tyson/Holy

Dynamite Kid
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Prime 4 prime who would win Lennox Lewis vs Tyson/Holyfield ?

The reason i ask is because i always assumed that Lenny would beat both Holyfield and Tyson (prime) but having watched the second Lewis/Holy fight the other night and scored it this time, i think a prime Holyfield would give him plenty to think about.

Lewis switched off mid fight and Holyfield nailed him with quite a few good shots and rocked him slightly,lets not forget this is the Holyfield that should! of lost to Ruiz in next fight and was dropped in the second fight.

Rocker
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't get it.

Are you asking who would win between a prime Tyson and prime Holyfield, or who win win between a prime Lewis and prime Holyfield?

project xxx1
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
prime tyson beats both

Dynamite Kid
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't get it.

Are you asking who would win between a prime Tyson and prime Holyfield, or who win win between a prime Lewis and prime Holyfield?

Prime Lewis vs prime Tyson & Holyfield.

Gojira
01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
if lewis could control the fights with his jab, he could beat them both.

them_apples
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Prime 4 prime who would win Lennox Lewis vs Tyson/Holyfield ?

The reason i ask is because i always assumed that Lenny would beat both Holyfield and Tyson (prime) but having watched the second Lewis/Holy fight the other night and scored it this time, i think a prime Holyfield would give him plenty to think about.

Lewis switched off mid fight and Holyfield nailed him with quite a few good shots and rocked him slightly,lets not forget this is the Holyfield that should! of lost to Ruiz in next fight and was dropped in the second fight.

Holyfield would beat Lewis prime for prime, my reason being, Lewis didn't like getting hit, and Holyfield was real quick in his prime and had some pop.

I don't think Lewis could out brawl Holyfield like Bowe did, since Lewis liked to box.

Prime Mike was was crushing everybody, Lewis would put up a good fight but get cracked nice and hard on his jaw come fight time.

considering how bad Mike was looking when Lewis did fight him, 8 rounds wasn't even that great to get him out of there, considering it was Lewis prime.

I think Tyson vs Holyfield could go to either one by decision, depending on who did more.

GJC
01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
considering how bad Mike was looking when Lewis did fight him, 8 rounds wasn't even that great to get him out of there, considering it was Lewis prime.

Would argue that Lewis was prime, certainly not as shot as Tyson but past prime IMO

them_apples
01-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Would argue that Lewis was prime, certainly not as shot as Tyson but past prime IMO

yea true, I retract my words. He was bigger though, if not as fast - so it's hard to pick out Lewis prime.

In his actual prime he was a little chinnier and lighter, but much quicker.

In his late "prime" he was bigger and stronger, although his hitting power kinda stayed the same or wasn't quite as good do to the loss of speed.

I'm not sure which one would fair better. Lewis had trouble with Tysons speed in the first round, but Tyson had no heart left and pretty much gave up after the first shot he took. Either way, Lewis doesn't like getting hit. Mike was never one to stay behind someones jab.

One more round
01-06-2010, 10:06 PM
If Lewis survives the first 4-5 rounds without getting clocked with something big, and is able to keep Mike at a distance, he takes over the fight down the stretch with his size and jab and wins by late knockout or decision. If he gets hurt badly early on though it's over.

I think prime Evander beats Lewis by decision actually, much faster, very good in and out with combos, has the chin to take Lewis' shots. Lewis would still trouble him with the jab though.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 03:49 AM
If McCall & Rahman can put Lewis lights-out the a prime Tyson & Holyfield would destroy him... to claim otherwise is deluding oneself.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 03:51 AM

GLC.. you being a huge Lewis fan i would like to hear your answer to the thread question

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Lewis's biggest flaw imo was not so much his chin but more his concentration. Lewis was inclined to switch off in fights,he let the Tyson fight go longer than he should of done, in the Holy rematch he stopped using the jab and fell to sleep mid fight, despite the fact he was dominant early when he actually used the jab and kept Holy on the outside, however a focus Lewis is the one that knocked Rahman,Golota out, or the one that did not give David Tua a sniff in the fight.

Lewis has just as much of a chance of beating Tyson/Holy as they do beating him imo. I reckon it would be tit for tat if they both fought him 5 times, i can see Lewis winning his share and Tyson/Holy.

Mersey
01-07-2010, 04:28 AM
50/50 with both of them. Depends which version of who showed up.

boxing_great
01-07-2010, 04:30 AM
just a general question, what is regarded as Lewis' peak?
If I was to guess, I'd say 94- 2000,
Does anybody agree with that?

Silencers
01-07-2010, 04:35 AM
I think Lewis at his best would've beaten them both really. I'm talking about Lewis after he joined up with Steward when his technique got much better, the younger Lewis with the loose technique would've probably lost to both.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Lewis's biggest flaw imo was not so much his chin but more his concentration. Lewis was inclined to switch off in fights,he let the Tyson fight go longer than he should of done, in the Holy rematch he stopped using the jab and fell to sleep mid fight, despite the fact he was dominant early when he actually used the jab and kept Holy on the outside, however a focus Lewis is the one that knocked Rahman,Golota out, or the one that did not give David Tua a sniff in the fight.

Lewis has just as much of a chance of beating Tyson/Holy as they do beating him imo. I reckon it would be tit for tat if they both fought him 5 times, i can see Lewis winning his share and Tyson/Holy.

your obviously a Lewis fan and deluding yourself of his attributes... Lennox Lewis was champion in late 1992 and quit the game in 2003 during that 10yrs period Lewis fought only 4 fighters who was at the top of their game (prime).. Mercer, McCall, Rahman & Vitali Klitschko... we all know what happened in those 4 fights.
Prime Holyfield is the guy who beat - Bowe, Foreman, Holmes
Prime Tyson is the guy who beat - Tucker, Tubbs, Thomas, Spinks & Holmes
Prime Lewis is the guy who beat - Mercer, McCall (2), Golota, Briggs & Akinwande

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 04:43 AM
your obviously a Lewis fan and deluding yourself of his attributes... Lennox Lewis was champion in late 1992 and quit the game in 2003 during that 10yrs period Lewis fought only 4 fighters who was at the top of their game (prime).. Mercer, McCall, Rahman & Vitali Klitschko... we all know what happened in those 4 fights.
Prime Tyson is the guy who beat -c Tucker, Tubbs, Thomas, Spinks & Holmes
Prime Lewis is the guy who beat - Mercer, MCall (2), Golota, Briggs & Akinwande

Im not a Lewis fan. I respect what he has done but i was never what you would call a fan of his.

Lets be real sonnyboyx2, you just hate his guts.

Mersey
01-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Prime Lewis is the guy who beat - Mercer, McCall (2), Golota, Briggs & Akinwande

Dynamite Kid is not a Lewis fan.

Sonnybox2 is a Lewis hater.

GameGod
01-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Holyfield loses.
Tyson wins. His prime was too dangerous for any boxer I can envision to deal with (besides Ali and Foreman).

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Im not a Lewis fan. I respect what he has done but i was never what you would call a fan of his.

Lets be real sonnyboyx2, you just hate his guts.

wrong... i dont hate the fighters guts, in fact i like him.. but i am consistant in my perception of him as a boxer.. i tell it how i believe and see it, now that may not be to everyones taste but i am always willing to have a discussion on Lewis or any other fighter... i get called a Lewis hater simply because there are some who do not like me to put into words how i seen his career unfold, these same people come out with ridiculous comments of "How Lewis would beat Fighter A 5 times out of 10 should they have fought that many times, or how Lewis had `A Great Jab" - i would like to know when did he use this imaginary Great Jab"?... they claim Lewis to be in the Top 5 ATG List, yet no Boxing corespondent EVER has had Lewis in their Top 10 never mind Top 5 List... Bert Sugar does not have him in his Top 100... Sorry but i am not someone who rates Lennox highly, i have seen him fight Live`on 5 occasions and know that he is not the mythical destroyer some claim him to be...

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
wrong... i dont hate the fighters guts, in fact i like him.. but i am consistant in my perception of him as a boxer.. i tell it how i believe and see it, now that may not be to everyones taste but i am always willing to have a discussion on Lewis or any other fighter... i get called a Lewis hater simply because there are some who do not like me to put into words how i seen his career unfold, these same people come out with ridiculous comments of "How Lewis would beat Fighter A 5 times out of 10 should they have fought that many times, or how Lewis had `A Great Jab" - i would like to know when did he use this imaginary Great Jab"?... they claim Lewis to be in the Top 5 ATG List, yet no Boxing corespondent EVER has had Lewis in their Top 10 never mind Top 5 List... Bert Sugar does not have him in his Top 100... Sorry but i am not someone who rates Lennox highly, i have seen him fight Live`on 5 occasions and know that he isnot the mythical destroyer some claim him to be...

Im not gonna get into this with you because its pointless. I think everyone on here can see that you are nothing more than a Lewis hater.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Im not gonna get into this with you because its pointless. I think everyone on here can see that you are nothing more than a Lewis hater.

Just as i expected.. you are not going to get into a discusion about Lennox Lewis because you know everything i claim is the truth, and that anything you claim i will prove you to be wrong.... i have done it repeatedly and not one single time have i been proven to be incorrect, and there is quite a few who have tried.. you are just another one who bites the dust.

Telling it how it really was about a boxer (Lewis) does not make me a hater... yet telling it how it was NOT and making up imaginary outcomes to hyperthetical drivel such as " If they fought 10 times Lewis wins 6 " is what i call "Nuthugging".. you are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes while trying to create this mythical fighter in your own mind, knowing it to be false... you started this thread asking could a prime Lewis beat a prime Tyson and a prime Holyfield.. i answered your question, i even gave you a break-down of how i came to my analysis.. yet you never responded to my analysis or questioned if it was legit or not, you attacked me personally calling me a `Hater` because you dont have the response to call into question the answer i gave, so it has to be now taken that what i said is correct and that i have hurt your feelings because "The Truth Hurts"

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Just as i expected.. you are not going to get into a discusion about Lennox Lewis because you know everything i claim is the truth, and that anything you claim i will prove you to be wrong.... i have done it repeatedly and not one single time have i been proven to be incorrect, and there is quite a few who have tried.. you are just another one who bites the dust.

Telling it how it really was about a boxer (Lewis) does not make me a hater... yet telling it how it was NOT and making up imaginary outcomes to hyperthetical drivel such as " If they fought 10 times Lewis wins 6 " is what i call "Nuthugging".. you are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes while trying to create this mythical fighter in your own mind, knowing it to be false... you started this thread asking could a prime Lewis beat a prime Tyson and a prime Holyfield.. i answered your question, i even gave you a break-down of how i came to my analysis.. yet you never responded to my analysis or questioned if it was legit or not, you attacked me personally calling me a `Hater` because you dont have the response to call into question the answer i gave, so it has to be now taken that what i said is correct and that i have hurt your feelings because "The Truth Hurts"

Mike Tyson would win no more than 2 outta 10, Lenny weathers the onslaught and picks his quitting ass apart him the way he did in 2002, he also murders him with uppercuts all night long. Punchers chance gets him 2 wins outta 10 after that greater Boxing skill, size own him.

I know it hurts but its fact!

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Mike Tyson would win no more than 2 outta 10, Lenny weathers the onslaught and picks his quitting ass apart him the way he did in 2002, he also murders him with uppercuts all night long. Punchers chance gets him 2 wins outta 10 after that greater Boxing skill, size own him.

I know it hurts but its fact!

exaggerated nonsense from a `nuthugger`...it took Lewis 8rds to beat a heavily-sedated Mike Tyson who was more than a decade past his prime..

you claim Lewis (Lenny your hero as you call him) wethers the storm... Did Lewis wether the storm against McCall, Rahman or Vitali ?

he also murders him with uppercuts all night long you claim.... who in his career did Lewis ever beat with uppercuts?

Punchers chance gets him 2 wins outta 10 after that greater Boxing skill, size own him you say... against who did Lewis ever show this "Great boxing skill"? you are claiming Mike Tyson was a puncher with no boxing skills?

size owns him ---- did Lewis size own Ocassio, Mercer, Tua, Butler for 6rds, Billups all who was under 6ft tall..?

you have this imaginary opinion of Lewis which is far removed from the actual boxer we all seen in the prize-ring.. i sugest you need to get real and come down to earth a little.... your topic question is who would win prime-4-prime and with more than half of Mike Tysons professional fights ending in the opening round and Lewis suffering devastating KO loses to limited punchers in McCall & Rahman, the most likely outcome to a Lewis vs Tyson fight would be... Tyson KO1

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM
exaggerated nonsense from a `nuthugger`...it took Lewis 8rds to beat a heavily-sedated Mike Tyson who was more than a decade past his prime..

you claim Lewis (Lenny your hero as you call him) wethers the storm... Did Lewis wether the storm against McCall, Rahman or Vitali ?

he also murders him with uppercuts all night long you claim.... who in his career did Lewis ever beat with uppercuts?

Punchers chance gets him 2 wins outta 10 after that greater Boxing skill, size own him you say... against who did Lewis ever show this "Great boxing skill"? you are claiming Mike Tyson was a puncher with no boxing skills?

size owns him ---- did Lewis size own Ocassio, Mercer, Tua, Butler for 6rds, Billups all who was under 6ft tall..?

you have this imaginary opinion of Lewis which is far removed from the actual boxer we all seen in the prize-ring.. i sugest you need to get real and come down to earth a little.... your topic question is who would win prime-4-prime and with more than half of Mike Tysons professional fights ending in the opening round and Lewis suffering devastating KO loses to limited punchers in McCall & Rahman, the most likely outcome to a Lewis vs Tyson fight would be... Tyson KO1

Lewis was like a kid with a toy when he got bored he dropped his ass like a hot potato, well he put him outta his misery to stop him disgracing himself by quitting as per usual lol

Check the sig. Tyson would quit 2 times out the ten, get lucky twice, get stretched the other 6 times just like in my sig.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Lewis was like a kid with a toy when he got bored he dropped his ass like a hot potato, well he put him outta his misery to stop him disgracing himself by quitting as per usual lol

Check the sig. Tyson would quit 2 times out the ten, get lucky twice, get stretched the other 6 times just like in my sig.

imaginary drivel... a clear case of "deluded nuthugging"

Roger Yomama
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM
If McCall & Rahman can put Lewis lights-out the a prime Tyson & Holyfield would destroy him... to claim otherwise is deluding oneself.

Using your logic.....if Douglas can put Tysons lights out,then a prime Lewis would destroy him. :boxing:

Using common sense.....Holyfield beats the pair of them. He was just a better fighter than both of them.

GJC
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
GLC.. you being a huge Lewis fan i would like to hear your answer to the thread question
Sonny as i,ve stated more than once I'm not a fan of Lewis huge or otherwise.
The fact that I can be objective on him doesn't make me a fan.
As for the question, prime against prime i'd favour Lewis over Holy, Tyson over Lewis and Holy over Tyson. But they could all go either way, in ten fights they all have a 6-4 feel to them.

GJC
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Sonny you enjoy having a pop at Lewis record but if you look at the big wins you quote for Holy and Tyson they arn't that great when you look at them.

Holyfield, wins 1 out of 3 against Bowe who always struggled to motivate himself and blew hot and cold. 43 yo Holmes at least 12 years past his best. 42 yo Foreman at least 18 years past his best

Tyson, I count the Tucker win as a good one but Tucker has always seemed over rated to me. Hide,Ruiz and Seldon all beat Tucker. Tubbs had talent but wasted it. Ditto Thomas. Spinks was a great light heavy and whilst I applaud him winning the HW title I don't count him as anything more than a decent heavy and Holmes was shot.

Chunk..
01-07-2010, 12:54 PM

It said on a Lewis - Tyson HBO documentary that Lennox hurt his hand and had to take a few rounds off before he could use his right hand properly again.

Yaman
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
I believe Holyfield would beat both if they're all in their prime. He had the the most complete package whereas Lewis would leave questions with his chin against Tyson, and Tyson would have a size disadvantage against Lewis.

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
It said on a Lewis - Tyson HBO documentary that Lennox hurt his hand and had to take a few rounds off before he could use his right hand properly again.

Way to go you just outed yourself as a Lewis nuthugger in Sonnybox eyes.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Sonny you enjoy having a pop at Lewis record but if you look at the big wins you quote for Holy and Tyson they arn't that great when you look at them.

Holyfield, wins 1 out of 3 against Bowe who always struggled to motivate himself and blew hot and cold. 43 yo Holmes at least 12 years past his best. 42 yo Foreman at least 18 years past his best

Tyson, I count the Tucker win as a good one but Tucker has always seemed over rated to me. Hide,Ruiz and Seldon all beat Tucker. Tubbs had talent but wasted it. Ditto Thomas. Spinks was a great light heavy and whilst I applaud him winning the HW title I don't count him as anything more than a decent heavy and Holmes was shot.

GJC i knew you would favour Lewis ha...

Bowe blew hot`n`cold you say - The Bowe who fought Holyfield (1) & (2) was a match for any heavyweight in history.

42yrs old Holmes was good enough to hand out a masterclass beating to Ray Mercer the same Ray Mercer who many believe was robbed against Lennox Lewis.. whereas Holyfield beat him quite easily.... 43yrs old Foreman was still a very dangerous fighter and had improved his boxing ability tremendously since his younger days, Foreman actually fought his way to be No1 contender for Holyfields title, so not the has-been you try to make him out to be.

Tony Tucker who Tyson beat was a formidable opponent who won the title beating a prime Buster Douglas and was undefeated 30-0... even after losing to Tyson Tucker was still good enough to beat Oliver McCall who poleaxed Lewis in less than 2rds.... Tucker then had well documented drug problems and was a shell of the fighter Tyson beat when he fought Hide, Seldon & Ruiz.

Tubbs & Thomas both had great boxing ability with Pink Thomas being avoided for years by Larry Holmes... Tyson took care of both of them and they was far from finished at the time... Tubbs lost a hotly desputed decision to Bowe 3yrs after losing to Tyson....

what you are failing to say in this is that Lewis beat Tyson 15yrs after Tyson had beat Thomas, Tucker & Tubbs... 15yrs yet you are claiming he would beat Tyson 6/10 yet Tyson still went 8rds with Lewis when 15yrs past his best.

Michael Spinks was a brilliant fighter and i would strongly fancy him to beat Lewis 6/10 as you say

KittenFlaps
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Hard to say. I never really considered Tyson to have had his prime. What we consider his prime was when he was 19-20 years old. No one in is their prime at 19-20. He was kinda robbed of the ability to mature as a fighter.

That being said I think Holyfield can give any fighter trouble, but I don't think he could have taken Lewis.

GJC
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't really count the Tyson fight as a great win for Lewis but lets be realistic after the second round it was pretty obvious that short of landing a ko punch from nowhere on a Lewis who had let his concentration slip there was no way Tyson could win.Tyson only averaged about 6 punches a round. I think that Lewis could have taken Tyson out at any time from the 4th. The only reason it lasted until the 8th was a mixture of Lewis measured approach, maybe a desire to punish Tyson and Tyon's heart.
I think using this fight as a measure of how they would measure up prime for prime is pointless.

GJC
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
what you are failing to say in this is that Lewis beat Tyson 15yrs after Tyson had beat Thomas, Tucker & Tubbs... 15yrs yet you are claiming he would beat Tyson 6/10 yet Tyson still went 8rds with Lewis when 15yrs past his best.

Michael Spinks was a brilliant fighter and i would strongly fancy him to beat Lewis 6/10 as you say

Sonny do you actually read what someone has written before you paste in your answer. I said i'd favour Tyosn 6/10 if you take the time to read it.
BTW Ali went 10 rounds with Holmes if that kind of thing impresses you.
Spinks was a brilliant fighter and an ATG light heavy.
So you don't think that 40 something Foreman and Holmes were well past their best then?

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
what fighters did Lewis fight who was above Class B in his pro career?

The Mike Tyson who Lewis fought was 14yrs past his prime, 12yrs since beaten by Buster Douglas, 6yrs since finished off by Evander Holyfield, had served more than 4yrs in prison doing 3 sentences, had broken marraige behind him, was vocally claiming he enjoyed smoking weed, had cocaine charges pending, was a heavy drinker and was also heavily sedated on perscription drugs... yet still went 8rds with Lennox Lewis.. now like it or not that was the same Tyson who both Danny Williams & Kevin McBride beat... Lewis even tried to sue Tyson to fight him again and Tyson was not a Top 10 ranked fighter, yet No1 contenders John Ruiz & Chris Byrd was avoided by Lewis to the point the governing bodies stripped Lewis of their belts.

GJC
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Problem is Sonny is that you will over promote triangle theories when it suits and ignore them when it doesn't.
Also you take inexplicable one off against the odds wins as a testimony that a fighter was a great. A classic case being Douglas, he fought one of the all time great fights against Tyson but the fight against Tucker was terrible and did neither of them much credit.
Yes Tubbs and Thomas had talent, they wasted it.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Sonny do you actually read what someone has written before you paste in your answer. I said i'd favour Tyosn 6/10 if you take the time to read it.
BTW Ali went 10 rounds with Holmes if that kind of thing impresses you.
Spinks was a brilliant fighter and an ATG light heavy.
So you don't think that 40 something Foreman and Holmes were well past their best then?

Yes Ali went 10rds with Holmes and that is why he is in the physical condition he is in today.. Holmes won every second of every round.. do i think Holmes could beat Ali.. no Ali wins 10/10 easily.

Holmes & Foreman in their 40s was both good enough to be contenders and win versions of the heavyweight title.. Holmes WBO.. Foreman undisputed.

GJC
01-07-2010, 01:38 PM
what fighters did Lewis fight who was above Class B in his pro career?

The Mike Tyson who Lewis fought was 14yrs past his prime, 12yrs since beaten by Buster Douglas, 6yrs since finished off by Evander Holyfield, had served more than 4yrs in prison doing 3 sentences, had broken marraige behind him, was vocally claiming he enjoyed smoking weed, had cocaine charges pending, was a heavy drinker and was also heavily sedated on perscription drugs... yet still went 8rds with Lennox Lewis.. now like it or not that was the same Tyson who both Danny Williams & Kevin McBride beat... Lewis even tried to sue Tyson to fight him again and Tyson was not a Top 10 ranked fighter, yet No1 contenders John Ruiz & Chris Byrd was avoided by Lewis to the point the governing bodies stripped Lewis of their belts.
Sonny how many times have we done this? If you wish to trawl through some of my old posts which contained detailed answers to you on these points and re hash the same arguments be my guest. Unlike you I do not have them on file to cut and paste into every forum that does or doesn't feature Lewis.
Also there is little point to replying because you never read the reply, e.g. show me where I said the Tyson win was a great win for Lewis? Easy enough if you care to read my postsin this forum to see where I said the opposite though?

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Problem is Sonny is that you will over promote triangle theories when it suits and ignore them when it doesn't.
Also you take inexplicable one off against the odds wins as a testimony that a fighter was a great. A classic case being Douglas, he fought one of the all time great fights against Tyson but the fight against Tucker was terrible and did neither of them much credit.
Yes Tubbs and Thomas had talent, they wasted it.

GJC.. you could not be further from the truth, its you who uses `triangle theories`... eg: Ali v Holmes

if you are claiming that Buster Douglas was a `one-fight-wonder` then i am quite surprised at you because you obviously have not seen many Buster Douglas fights.. Douglas gave a performance sinilar or maybe better than he did against Tyson on several occasions, most notibly against, Oliver McCall, Trevor Berbick, Jesse Ferguson, Mike Williams & Greg Page.. where he looked world class

GJC
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Holmes & Foreman in their 40s was both good enough to be contenders and win versions of the heavyweight title.. Holmes WBO.. Foreman undisputed.

So in answer to the question were these two 40 something yo men past their best?
p.s. Foreman wasn't undisputed unless you are disputing it because of Lewis?

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Sonny how many times have we done this? If you wish to trawl through some of my old posts which contained detailed answers to you on these points and re hash the same arguments be my guest. Unlike you I do not have them on file to cut and paste into every forum that does or doesn't feature Lewis.
Also there is little point to replying because you never read the reply, e.g. show me where I said the Tyson win was a great win for Lewis? Easy enough if you care to read my postsin this forum to see where I said the opposite though?

GJC i always read your posts... i also never cut & paste past arguments... hey`who is arguing?

are you saying i should not comment on threads which mention Lennox Lewis? or should i only comment if i change my tune to suit you?

IMO it is you who always jumps to defend Lewis and try your best to squash what i claim with as you say `triangle theories`which are never relevent to Lewis or his career.

sonnyboyx2
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
So in answer to the question were these two 40 something yo men past their best?
p.s. Foreman wasn't undisputed unless you are disputing it because of Lewis?

Foreman was THEE Heavyweight Champion of the World - being the man who beat the man ... nothing to do with Lewis as you claim... Lewis for the 2nd time in his career refused to accept terms for a title fight so fought for a belt that the champion had been stripped of.. Bowe 92 ... Tyson 96

Dynamite Kid
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Going rounds dont mean jack. Lewis would of obliterated Dokes yet look at the fight he gave Holyfield.

Look at the fight Stewart gave Holyfield, look at the fight Stewart gave Tyson.

Look at the fight Williams gave Holmes, look at the fight Williams gave Tyson.

Look at the fight Cooper gave Holyfield, look at the fight Cooper gave Bowe.

Look at the fight Biggs gave Bowe, look at the fight he gave Lewis.

Look at the fight Ruddock gave Tyson, look at the fight Ruddock gave Lewis,.

Look at the fight Golota gave Bowe, look at the fight Golota gave Lewis.

You could go on all day long it just comes down to styles. Holy was in drawn out fights because he lacked power, Tyson finished fights early, Lewis was a safety first defensive counter puncher.