View Full Version : Roy Jones Vs Muhammad Ali, Prime4Prime, Skills wise, who'd win?

TheHolyCross
01-03-2010, 07:57 AM
roy jones was a beast, you know who to choose :luvbed:

The Stone Roses
01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
this is just my brief analysis....

both had tremendous athletic ability in their prime and relied heavily on their freakish speed and reflexes....however, when Ali lost that freakish speed because of his 4 year ban he had the ability to adapt and change his style which is what makes him so great.....Roy jones relied too heavily on his athleticism and couldn't adapt......whatever roy jones can do Ali can do better.....

skill wise Ali had better footwork and movement, he had the best jab i have ever seen, better uppercuts, combinations, right hand leads, the only thing i would give to roy jones would be left hook however Ali's left hook is very underrated (watch his left hook knockdown of oscar bonavena)

TheHolyCross
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
this is just my brief analysis....

both had tremendous athletic ability in their prime and relied heavily on their freakish speed and reflexes....however, when Ali lost that freakish speed because of his 4 year ban he had the ability to adapt and change his style which is what makes him so great.....Roy jones relied too heavily on his athleticism and couldn't adapt......whatever roy jones can do Ali can do better.....

skill wise Ali had better footwork and movement, he had the best jab i have ever seen, better uppercuts, combinations, right hand leads, the only thing i would give to roy jones would be left hook however Ali's left hook is very underrated (watch his left hook knockdown of oscar bonavena)
better footwork, better combinations and better right hand leads than roy jones?
.....damn son
whatever, your opinion

The Stone Roses
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
better footwork, better combinations and better right hand leads than roy jones?
.....damn son
whatever, your opinion
AHHAHHAHHA.....look here...i'm a huge Roy Jones fan.....but you're honestly going to sit there and tell me he had better footwork than Ali???? c'mon, get real....explain to me how his footwork is better than Ali's

sleazyfellow
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
.....damn son
whatever, your opinion

Wow, make a thread, then ***** at whoever doesnt agree with you, very original.

I choose Ali because he feet were more fleet.

TheHolyCross
01-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow, make a thread, then ***** at whoever doesnt agree with you, very original.

I choose Ali because he feet were more fleet.

i *****ed, your right

donkim
01-04-2010, 01:30 AM
There are a couple of Hip-Hop forums that you could always sign up to.

i *****ed, your right

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

Ziggy Stardust
01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Ali, though it's close.

Poet

bojangles1987
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Talent wise it's a wash, so it would come down to Ali's heart and will vs. RJ's heart and will, and I'll take Ali there any time any place.

GameGod
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
By technical skills, Ali was way behind his other skills. However, I still see him beating Roy Jones. If you mean anything else, then there's no real point in even asking.

123tyson123
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Skill vs Skill.

Roy had incredible hand speed combined with power. He had his own unique style. He was so dominant in his prime nobody stood much chance.

Ali's hand speed was simply stunning for a heavyweight. And like Roy the power was there.

Its difficult to choose who had better skill without comparing there size differences and opposition. In my opinion Ali put his skill to the test against much better opposition than did Jones. For that reason i voted Ali.

JAB5239
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
.......bump

TheHolyCross
02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
why yes i do think roy jones has better skills than ali JAB, but where do i say jones would beat ali?

p4p jones has it all, more power than ali even

BritishBoxing92
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Ali wins this one

JAB5239
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
why yes i do think roy jones has better skills than ali JAB, but where do i say jones would beat ali?

p4p jones has it all, more power than ali even

The poll question was who would win. Are you telling me you didn't vote for Roy? Because you certainly alluded that he would win.

TheHolyCross
02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
The poll question was who would win. Are you telling me you didn't vote for Roy? Because you certainly alluded that he would win.

no i didn't vote, do you wanna see the numbers go up by one?
yea, read, skill wise

what i meant in this, was somethin like
speed:jones
foot speed:jones
power:jones
chin:Ali
etc

POUND4POUND

THE REED™
02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Threads like this give Roy fans a bad name.

THE REED™
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
5 votes to 17 right now....

everyone wait, its about to change

TheHolyCross
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
**** ya'll anyway, it's my opinion, you've givin yours, you dont agree, i dont give a ****, you dont see me bumpin this ***** when it's dying

THE REED™
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
**** ya'll anyway, it's my opinion, you've givin yours, you dont agree, i dont give a ****, you dont see me bumpin this ***** when it's dying

:lol1: There's nothing wrong with that.

donkim
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM

http://www.nationofhiphop.net/

TheHolyCross
02-05-2010, 04:52 PM
http://www.nationofhiphop.net/

am i a member in that site? i dont understand why you keep directing me to hiphop sites? i only go on one hiphop site, and that's not it

TheHolyCross
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
oh **** i am a member on that site, damn :lol1:

The_Demon
02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
dont make me laugh TS

muhammed ali

Calilloyd
02-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Threads like this give Roy fans a bad name.

:lol1: I have to agree with you there.

BattlingNelson
02-05-2010, 07:01 PM
:thinking:

Difficult..... Hmmmmmmm....... Jones did beat the great Ruiz in his prime so .....

donkim
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
i dont understand why you keep directing me to hiphop sites?

Because I have no tolerance for your kind

Earl Hickey
02-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Ali wins if they were the same size and fought.

Ali's mobility would be the difference in there, also i suspect he has a better chin than jones, well he does.

BattlingNelson
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Ali wins if they were the same size and fought.

Ali's mobility would be the difference in there, also i suspect he has a better chin than jones, well he does.
I would think some posters would disagree with you there. After all Ali was down more times than Jones..........................................

Ziggy Stardust
02-05-2010, 07:10 PM
You know, I love Roy Jones but I'm sorry: This thread is nuthuggery at it's abject worst.

Poet

The_Demon
02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I would think some posters would disagree with you there. After all Ali was down more times than Jones..........................................

hahaha

afterall prime jones had a better chin than Lamotta

tha golden boy
02-05-2010, 07:13 PM
A lot of the replies in this thread were written with ignorance. He's trying to compare their skills, on a P4P basis. Not who would win in a fantasy fight. It's a perfectly logical question.

Jones has the advantage in speed and power.

Ali has the advantage in footwork, defense and reflexes.

In the end, I'll have to go with Ali. Although to a lesser degree than Jones, he still had amazing speed and pretty good power.

Jones' footwork wasn't anything to brag about and neither was his defense. He had great reflexes but I would say that Ali's was better.

BattlingNelson
02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
hahaha

afterall prime jones had a better chin than Lamotta
In his prime you'd need cryptonite to make him stagger......

Earl Hickey
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Imagine the effects of a Frazier or Foreman bomb on poor Jones, lol.

The_Demon
02-05-2010, 07:21 PM
In his prime you'd need cryptonite to make him stagger......

fear itself was scared of roy jones' chin

BattlingNelson
02-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Imagine the effects of a Frazier or Foreman bomb on poor Jones, lol.
Lol yeah. They'd have several broken bones in their hands..... Jones has a diamond for a jaw.

Ziggy Stardust
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Lol yeah. They'd have several broken bones in their hands..... Jones has a diamond for a jaw.

Tex Cobb who?

nachorjj
02-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Roy with out dudes

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 03:32 AM
no i didn't vote, do you wanna see the numbers go up by one?
yea, read, skill wise

what i meant in this, was somethin like
speed:jones
foot speed:jones
power:jones
chin:Ali
etc

POUND4POUND

Who the hell did Jones ever beat at heavyweight to even be compared to ali to begin with?

Hand speed....Jones by a slight margin
Foot speed....Ali all day
Power....Ali all day
chin....Ali all day
Level of competition....Ali all day
Size....Ali all day
Defense....Ali all day

The only thing Jones was significantly better than Ali was body punching and that would get him no where against a prime Ali.

Jones was one of my favorite fighters to watch, but any comparison to Ali is absurd.

Your opinion is that of a weak nuthugger, not an educated boxing fan.

Fighting Marine
02-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Who the hell did Jones ever beat at heavyweight to even be compared to ali to begin with?

Hand speed....Jones by a slight margin
Foot speed....Ali all day
Power....Ali all day
chin....Ali all day
Level of competition....Ali all day
Size....Ali all day
Defense....Ali all day

The only thing Jones was significantly better than Ali was body punching and that would get him no where against a prime Ali.

Jones was one of my favorite fighters to watch, but any comparison to Ali is absurd.

Your opinion is that of a weak nuthugger, not an educated boxing fan.
great post JAB........I don't even know why Jones is being compared to Ali....even on a pound for pound level.....i mean Cassius Clay as a light heavyweight who fought in the Olympics will probably spank Roy Jones Light Heavyweight ass

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 04:43 AM
great post JAB........I don't even know why Jones is being compared to Ali....even on a pound for pound level.....i mean Cassius Clay as a light heavyweight who fought in the Olympics will probably spank Roy Jones Light Heavyweight ass

Thank you.

His whole argument is feeble because he is not taking into consideration the huge difference in competition that both men fought. I love Roy, but lets be realistic here.

Fighting Marine
02-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Thank you.

His whole argument is feeble because he is not taking into consideration the huge difference in competition that both men fought. I love Roy, but lets be realistic here.
good point....level of competition is being totally ignored here......i mean if you want to compare speed, why not compare any of Roy Jones fights to Muhammad Ali vs Brian London, i've never seen anyone above super middleweight throw a flurry that fast.....but Roy Jones did fight some great fighters, Bernard Hopkins etc, but he didn't look so flashy against B-Hop...but you can also use James Toney as an eg...Roy Jones looked brilliant against Toney....

nevertheless skill wise it still goes to Ali

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:26 AM
i think it's the nuthuggery to past fighters in this forum that turned this thread into blasphemy.
not my nuthuggery, the best part about this is that hopping on your toes for 12 = super fast feet

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Thank you.

if you plan on being successful in bets you dont look at the competition, you look at the styles, this is what's wrong with retards these days that had pavlik knocking out hopkins, de la hoya somehow the favourite, froch beating dirrell, wtf

you look at styles, just a little tip for you

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 05:32 AM
i think it's the nuthuggery to past fighters in this forum that turned this thread into blasphemy.
not my nuthuggery, the best part about this is that hopping on your toes for 12 = super fast feet

In other words you have no logical argument to refute the facts that myself and others have pointed out.:biggthump

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 05:35 AM
if you plan on being successful in bets you dont look at the competition, you look at the styles, this is what's wrong with retards these days that had pavlik knocking out hopkins, de la hoya somehow the favourite, froch beating dirrell, wtf

you look at styles, just a little tip for you

Just a little tip for you.........when you're comparing styles you have to take each fighters competition into consideration.

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:35 AM
In other words you have no logical argument to refute the facts that myself and others have pointed out.:biggthump

i could show you video proof of ali sniffing some dope and you still wouldn't believe it, it's the same thing with ray robinson

so there's no point

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Just a little tip for you.........when you're comparing styles you have to take each fighters competition into consideration.

ok, who's fought better opponents, mosley or mayweather?

now who do you think is gonna win?

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:41 AM
dont get butthurt tho there JAB, ali would win style wise, but this is a skillwise poll.

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 05:44 AM
ok, who's fought better opponents, mosley or mayweather?

now who do you think is gonna win?

Kid please. Don't try to distort your own thread by bringing up something that has nothing to do with the argument at hand. We're talking prime for prime. This will be an almost 39 year old Mosley come fight time, not the Shane who fought Oscar the first time around. Keep reaching.

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Kid please. Don't try to distort your own thread by bringing up something that has nothing to do with the argument at hand. We're talking prime for prime. This will be an almost 39 year old Mosley come fight time, not the Shane who fought Oscar the first time around. Keep reaching.

here's another for you, abraham vs dirrell, prime for prime, wanna bet on it? i got dirrell

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 05:48 AM
i could show you video proof of ali sniffing some dope and you still wouldn't believe it, it's the same thing with ray robinson

so there's no point

No you couldn't. And that has nothing to do with anything either. You're putting Roys skills on a pedestal when his overall level of competition is miles below that of Ali.

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 05:50 AM
dont get butthurt tho there JAB, ali would win style wise, but this is a skillwise poll.

Me butthurt? Im not the one who's been getting bent over through out his own thread, am I?

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 05:51 AM
here's another for you, abraham vs dirrell, prime for prime, wanna bet on it? i got dirrell

What does this have to do with Ali and Jones' prime for prime skills?

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:52 AM
No you couldn't. And that has nothing to do with anything either. You're putting Roys skills on a pedestal when his overall level of competition is miles below that of Ali.

damn your a prick, so no top 30 ATG can be measured against a top 10, not top 60 to 30, no top 90 to 60

it's a skill comparison man, not everyone has the opportunity to fight so many great fighters as ali, leonard and robinson, doesn't mean they dont have as much skill as them

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 05:55 AM
What does this have to do with Ali and Jones' prime for prime skills?
you bettin or what? i left you a message in your profile too, gonna answer that?

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 06:01 AM
damn your a prick, so no top 30 ATG can be measured against a top 10, not top 60 to 30, no top 90 to 60

it's a skill comparison man, not everyone has the opportunity to fight so many great fighters as ali, leonard and robinson, doesn't mean they dont have as much skill as them

Let me try and simplify this for you. How much better would Ali have looked if he a fought Roys type of competition instead of a who's who of legitimate top notch contenders and all time greats?

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 06:06 AM
you bettin or what? i left you a message in your profile too, gonna answer that?

How am I going to bet when Im picking Direll to win also? And yes I saw your gay little message. No Im not answering it. And finally, for the last time, what does any of this have to do with the argument at hand??

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Let me try and simplify this for you. How much better would Ali have looked if he a fought Roys type of competition instead of a who's who of legitimate top notch contenders and all time greats?
this whole thread started cuz me and a friend were argueing who has more power if they were the same size(ali 5'11 or jones 6'3), then the arguement went into other **** after i won the power one, i know your thinkin sure if ali was 5'11 he'd only be faster, not necessarily, ali in his lightheavyweight days, was fast as ****, he was 6'3 and had little muscle tho(unlike jones that is a natural middlewieght that pacs alot of muscle) so ali actually has an advantage, so if he was to be 5'11, at lightheavy, he'd have the same speed

power wise, jones in his respected weight class was ko'ing(literally shutting their lights) people with iron chins as much as the people ali fought in heavyweight

Reflexes, jones doesn't have to be on the back leg having an opponent reaching, he can avoid and counter as quick as you can blink

hand speed, jones can quadruple hook you quicker than you can count to 4

foot speed, this was another one that my mate kept directing it too, really, ali liked to hop alot, but i prefer jones being able to leap and hit you from across the ring faster than you can raise your gloves(that would be at your neck) to block your chin

chin, ali no question

accuracy, ali, we didn't argue

flexibility, jones did switch his style on occasion, goin from orthodox to southpaw, and other things, think he disputed a bit mentioning the foreman fight but eventually we saw eye to eye

there was probabley one more, i cant remember right now

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 06:29 AM
this whole thread started cuz me and a friend were argueing who has more power if they were the same size(ali 5'11 or jones 6'3), then the arguement went into other **** after i won the power one, i know your thinkin sure if ali was 5'11 he'd only be faster, not necessarily, ali in his lightheavyweight days, was fast as ****, he was 6'3 and had little muscle tho(unlike jones that is a natural middlewieght that pacs alot of muscle) so ali actually has an advantage, so if he was to be 5'11, at lightheavy, he'd have the same speed

power wise, jones in his respected weight class was ko'ing(literally shutting their lights) people with iron chins as much as the people ali fought in heavyweight

Reflexes, jones doesn't have to be on the back leg having an opponent reaching, he can avoid and counter as quick as you can blink

hand speed, jones can quadruple hook you quicker than you can count to 4

foot speed, this was another one that my mate kept directing it too, really, ali liked to hop alot, but i prefer jones being able to leap and hit you from across the ring faster than you can raise your gloves(that would be at your neck) to block your chin

chin, ali no question

accuracy, ali, we didn't argue

flexibility, jones did switch his style on occasion, goin from orthodox to southpaw, and other things, think he disputed a bit mentioning the foreman fight but eventually we saw eye to eye

there was probabley one more, i cant remember right now

Are you telling me you're basing your opinion on an imaginary set of circumstances? You gotta be kidding me. Lol, Im done.

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Are you telling me you're basing your opinion on an imaginary set of circumstances? You gotta be kidding me. Lol, Im done.

fantastic mr.JAB fantastic, nothin to say i see

is it not imagination when you pit two fighters against each other that in reality have never fought against each other?

idiot :pat:

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 06:43 AM
fantastic mr.JAB fantastic, nothin to say i see

is it not imagination when you pit two fighters against each other that in reality have never fought against each other?

idiot :pat:

Its not imaginary to think of Ali at 5'11" and Jones at 6'3"? Lol, ok. You keep telling yourself that. :lol1: This is your credibility :Flush:

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 06:45 AM
i thought you were done? plus you completely misinterpreted my post, **** outta here with your dumbass

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 06:56 AM

i thought you were done? plus you completely misinterpreted my post, **** outta here with your dumbass

Im done trying to reason with an idiot. I don't mind sticking around a clowning you a little bit longer. And WHAT exactly did I misinterpret? I mean you did write those words, right?

The_Demon
02-06-2010, 07:05 AM
jesus jab you have well and truly raped that nuthugger lol

its getting embarrassing now

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 07:06 AM
[/B]

Im done trying to reason with an idiot. I don't mind sticking around a clowning you a little bit longer. And WHAT exactly did I misinterpret? I mean you did write those words, right?
yea, i dont know how you can call someone an idiot when i clearly said
"who has more power if they were the same size(ali 5'11 or jones 6'3)"
the word your looking for is "OR", as in what if they were the same size, obviously it's not fair if ali is 6'3 and at heavyweight while jones at 5'11 and supermiddleweight, i'd find it really hard to believe then how people could argue ali was faster etc

i mean like, they were both 5'11, or both 6'3
because this is a skill comparison, no need to think about there styles, ali would use his height and reach in a fight between the two, ok, but it's not a style vs style analysis, it's skill vs skill

malinga, harris, wolfe and tate just to name a few with very solid chins

for example, if someone was to make a "p4p top 10 hardest hitters" threads, i bet you julian jackson would be in the list, even tho no one has witnessed jackson move up in weight and see if he could carry over his power, but he'd be in the list nonetheless

do you get what im sayin here? i dont know how else to explain it, your incredibly closed minded, you can't just agree, you gotta find another arguement, pretty much can't take that you were wrong

same thing in my tip post, you responded, then i gave you another response and you had nothin just, "yea, well what does that have to do with ali and jones?"

you've been told in so many occasions man, christ, how old are you?

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Its not imaginary to think of Ali at 5'11" and Jones at 6'3"? Lol, ok. You keep telling yourself that. :lol1: This is your credibility :Flush:

this is the misinterpretation i'm talkin about, when did i say ali would be 5'11 and jones would be 6'3?

and even if i was doin that, so what? it's using your imagination, exactly the same as the rest of these hypothetical match ups that no one knows who would really win, all it does is show who would be the favourite, but the favourite doesn't always win

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 07:12 AM

are you a troll or what? you never stay on subject, wanna post a breakdown with the category's? your always just spamming

if not just leave troll

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 07:14 AM
yea, i dont know how you can call someone an idiot when i clearly said
"who has more power if they were the same size(ali 5'11 or jones 6'3)"
the word your looking for is "OR", as in what if they were the same size, obviously it's not fair if ali is 6'3 and at heavyweight while jones at 5'11 and supermiddleweight, i'd find it really hard to believe then how people could argue ali was faster etc

i mean like, they were both 5'11, or both 6'3
because this is a skill comparison, no need to think about there styles, ali would use his height and reach in a fight between the two, ok, but it's not a style vs style analysis, it's skill vs skill

malinga, harris, wolfe and tate just to name a few with very solid chins

for example, if someone was to make a "p4p top 10 hardest hitters" threads, i bet you julian jackson would be in the list, even tho no one has witnessed jackson move up in weight and see if he could carry over his power, but he'd be in the list nonetheless

do you get what im sayin here? i dont know how else to explain it, your incredibly closed minded, you can't just agree, you gotta find another arguement, pretty much can't take that you were wrong

same thing in my tip post, you responded, then i gave you another response and you had nothin just, "yea, well what does that have to do with ali and jones?"

you've been told in so many occasions man, christ, how old are you?

"Mr. Rourke, da plane, da plane!" You keep trying to make comparisons by imagining Ali at 5'11" and Jones at 6'3". I'll stick with the facts and make comparisons by their level of competition.

The_Demon
02-06-2010, 07:15 AM
are you a troll or what? you never stay on subject, wanna post a breakdown with the category's? your always just spamming

if not just leave troll

haha my boxing knowledge is far more advanced than yours and im a much better poster

just because you lost the debate badly dont take your frustrations out on me for calling it how it is

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 07:16 AM

Lol, sometimes its fun to kick the proverbial dog. :lol1:

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 07:18 AM
haha my boxing knowledge is far more advanced than yours and im a much better poster

just because you lost the debate badly dont take your frustrations out on me for calling it how it is

nah, i dont think i've losed anything, no one wants to make an analysis on their skills, every post has been about their styles and who'd win in a fight

nothin to do with what i was actually askin, i dont expect you to understand, being retarded and all, but thank you for trying

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 07:19 AM
this is the misinterpretation i'm talkin about, when did i say ali would be 5'11 and jones would be 6'3?

and even if i was doin that, so what? it's using your imagination, exactly the same as the rest of these hypothetical match ups that no one knows who would really win, all it does is show who would be the favourite, but the favourite doesn't always win

Mr. Rourke, da plane, da plane!! This is cracking me up!!

BattlingNelson
02-06-2010, 07:19 AM
"Mr. Rourke, da plane, da plane!" You keep trying to make comparisons by imagining Ali at 5'11" and Jones at 6'3". I'll stick with the facts and make comparisons by their level of competition.
tehmatrix is a nuthugger polluting the history board. I admit it's slightly amusing.

TheHolyCross
02-06-2010, 07:25 AM
still bitter about the ward-kessler bet eh bat? :lol1:

wanna know why you lost? you look into the competition of the fighters too much instead of the fighters themselves

JAB5239
02-06-2010, 07:27 AM
tehmatrix is a nuthugger polluting the history board. I admit it's slightly amusing.

Come on Bat admit it, its VERY amusing! :rofl:

The_Demon
02-06-2010, 07:29 AM
im finding it hilarious personally.he is giving your average nuthugger a bad a name lol

wanna know why you lost? you look into the competition of the fighters too much instead of the fighters themselves

stop embarrassing yourself,this is cringe-worthy

Lol, sometimes its fun to kick the proverbial dog. :lol1:

i know,id usually feel bad,but this fool is so irritating that i dont

BattlingNelson
02-06-2010, 08:04 AM

Not really. I've been a boxingfan long enough to know that your favourite fighter WILL lose eventually. Unless of course the fighter keeps avoiding the best.

General Zod
02-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Not really. I've been a boxingfan long enough to know that your favourite fighter WILL lose eventually. Unless of course the fighter keeps avoiding the best.
Damn, thats cold

BattlingNelson
02-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Damn, thats cold
Lol why?

Ever heard of Sven Ottke?

mickey malone
02-06-2010, 08:23 AM

Wow!.. Is this post for real?.. At least, now i understand why most nightclubs have upped the age to 21..

General Zod
02-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Lol why?

Ever heard of Sven Ottke?
Sven Ottke is a living legend, lol

In a similar situation as with the "legends," a fight with Roy Jones Jr. never came to be. Jones won the Super Middleweight title in 1994 when Nunn lost his Super Middleweight title that same year.

"They offered us $125,000 and he [Roy Jones] was going to get 3 million" says Morgan with laugher in his voice. "There was no way Mike was going to take that kind of money when he was just as good or better than Jones."
http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news?ccs=229&cs=19968

BattlingNelson
02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Sven Ottke is a living legend, lol

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news?ccs=229&cs=19968
Or Jones Jr. if he retired before moving up to HW.

General Zod
02-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Or Jones Jr. if he retired before moving up to HW.
Im not sure if I would class any modern fighter today as legendary, they really need a Frazier to push them to their limits, so we can see what they are made of. Toney had the right attitude in that he was willing to take on all challenges but he has thrown away to many of his years.

I posted that quote to show that Jones did make offers to other fighters but they werent very good offers, lol.
90/10 and I whup your ass, lol