View Full Version : help with getting good abs in home gym

monsterandmachine
04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
i kind of just do whatever when i work my abs. i workout at home. what is a good way to build my abs without going to a gym?

The_One77
04-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Do alot of situps, different varieties will help different parts of your abs.

akins12732
04-25-2005, 05:01 PM
bicycle kicks are real good

ebaum
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
abs are mainly about diet, everyone has abs just need to eliminate teh fat covering them up, but as far as working them out goes make sure you work out all the different areas (lower abs, upper abs, obliques) provided you work all parts properly you should start to notice results in a relativly short time. keep in mind abs are just like any other musscle and need a rest to to repair so don't got ab workout crazy every night. good luck

random guy
04-25-2005, 09:12 PM
3x100 for all

crunches
russian twist with med ball
leg raises
haglers
feet on a chair
v-ups
elbow to knee sit ups

Binks
04-25-2005, 09:42 PM
thats crazy...2100 total

Darth Warrior
04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
abs are mainly about diet, everyone has abs just need to eliminate teh fat covering them up, but as far as working them out goes make sure you work out all the different areas (lower abs, upper abs, obliques) provided you work all parts properly you should start to notice results in a relativly short time. keep in mind abs are just like any other musscle and need a rest to to repair so don't got ab workout crazy every night. good luck

true. good post.

buff_mike10
04-25-2005, 10:09 PM
just do situps and till you can't possibly do another one. Take a rest and repeat 3 times.

Hunna
04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
depends what u want, strong abs, or a good looking set of abs are different things. Sparing and coping good body blows from renowned body punchers is one and the old medicine ball pounding against ya abs.
otherwise, running and situps and general punching bags, brings ya abs out.

Rampage*
05-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Do a lot of good abdominal excercises, search some up.

troy^stallion
05-01-2005, 04:14 AM
I can suggest you one exercise that is quite difficult, but has an effect. You get in position as you're going to make pushups (not situps), but you place your elbows on the floor (instead your palms) such as the bone determined of your shoulder and elbow (i forgot its name) is perpendicular to the floor. Then you raise your body exactly as you're in the upper position of a pushup and stay like this for a minute and a half or two or even more. You have to feel the pain in your abs. But it is very important when you raise your body to keep it straight and to make any pyramids with your ass;) When it becomes too easy you can start making it with your elbows in a forward position (not perpendicular). There is one more exercise that builds strong abs. It is known as jackie chan's exercise:) You need a small wheel with two handles on its two sides. The initial position is you standing upright with the wheel in your hands. You place the wheel on the ground (stil holding it:)) and slide it untill you reach the position of your body being almost parallel to the ground and then slide it back until you are upright again. I guess you have seen many devices like that one on the TV shops. Well, good luck

the_painless
05-07-2005, 09:20 PM
ok well there is an old saying that some ppl may or may not have heard of- "abs are made in the kitchen"
To my knowledge everyone has a ripper set of abs which is covered by fat. The fact is the less bodyfat a person carries the more their abs are going to show. Doing some kick ass cardio work and dieting and of course ab exercises are the way to go as long as you don't go over the top with the ab exercises. Now i have heard of ppl going to the gym and doing hundreds of sit ups, ab exercises and yet make little progress cause their diets are up the **** or the cardio work lacks. There has to be a full commitment in all areas to succeed. Remember to reduce your bodyfat

Floydmayweather
05-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Abs are all about diet fools. I do 3 or 4 exercises 25 reps and have a six pack.

the_painless
05-09-2005, 02:22 AM
hey floyd i aint no fool. i agree with ya

Floydmayweather
05-09-2005, 03:00 AM
I did not read your post but yeah your right. ;)

drez24
05-11-2005, 12:11 PM
ok well there is an old saying that some ppl may or may not have heard of- "abs are made in the kitchen"
To my knowledge everyone has a ripper set of abs which is covered by fat. The fact is the less bodyfat a person carries the more their abs are going to show. Doing some kick ass cardio work and dieting and of course ab exercises are the way to go as long as you don't go over the top with the ab exercises. Now i have heard of ppl going to the gym and doing hundreds of sit ups, ab exercises and yet make little progress cause their diets are up the **** or the cardio work lacks. There has to be a full commitment in all areas to succeed. Remember to reduce your bodyfat

this is absolutely correct. and to expand a bit on this: Try to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day, 2-3 hours apart. each meal should consist of complex carbs (like brown rice or whole wheat bread) AND COMPLETE proteins (like egg whites, fish, any protein found in animals) - incomplete proteins like the ones found in vegetables shouldnt count toward your protein intake.

Cardio burns the most amount of fat when done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach using intervals of "going light" for a minute or two, then "going intense" for a minute or two, for 15 minute sessions. WARNING - this also can burn off a little bit of muscle as well, so if you are already thin but want a six pack, you might be better off trying to gain some weight first - healthy weight of course.

A common pitfall of ab training, as mentioned earlier, is not training all three areas: upper, lower, and obliques. the easiest section to train is the upper (situps, crunches) the most neglected is the lower because they are a ***** to target (reverse crunches, chair raises).