View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Shenmue 3 coming to Xbox360???

ShatteredGlass
12-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Source IGN

December 23rd 2009

News Movies Trailers Reviews Media Direct2Drive

It has been reported that Microsoft, which owns the right to the popular "Shenmue" series in North America has purchased Worldwide distribution rights to "any and all further installments and/or remakes" in the series.
Speculation in the industry about the future of the series has been rife, that Microsoft planned to make a "HD remix" of the first two games in the Shenmue series, followed by the final chapter in the unfinished trilogy. Today's leak certainly lends credibility to those rumors.
Microsoft is looking for heavy hitters to bolster it's software lineup for 2010, which already includes Mass Effect 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake, The new "Halo" title and others. Check back at IGN.Com for all and any news as it breaks.

logo

* IGN.com
* GameSpy
* Comrade
* Arena
* FilePlanet
* GameSpy Technology
* TeamXbox
* Planets
* Vaults
* VE3D
* CheatsCodesGuides
* GameStats
* GamerMetrics
* AskMen.com
* Rotten Tomatoes
* Direct2Drive
* GreenPixels
* GIGA

By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement. Copyright 1996-2009, IGN Entertainment, Inc.

* About Us
* Support
* Advertise
* Privacy Policy
* User Agreement
* RSS Feeds

IGN's enterprise databases running Oracle, SQL and MySQL are

bishop2006
12-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Source IGN

December 23rd 2009

It has been reported that Microsoft, which owns the right to the popular "Shenmue" series in North America has purchased Worldwide distribution rights to "any and all further installments and/or remakes" in the series.
Speculation in the industry about the future of the series has been rife, that Microsoft planned to make a "HD remix" of the first two games in the Shenmue series, followed by the final chapter in the unfinished trilogy. Today's leak certainly lends credibility to those rumors.
Microsoft is looking for heavy hitters to bolster it's software lineup for 2010, which already includes Mass Effect 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake, The new "Halo" title and others. Check back at IGN.Com for all and any news as it breaks.

logo

* IGN.com
* GameSpy
* Comrade
* Arena
* FilePlanet
* GameSpy Technology
* TeamXbox
* Planets
* Vaults
* VE3D
* CheatsCodesGuides
* GameStats
* GamerMetrics
* AskMen.com
* Rotten Tomatoes
* Direct2Drive
* GreenPixels
* GIGA

By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement. Copyright 1996-2009, IGN Entertainment, Inc.

* About Us
* Support
* Advertise
* Privacy Policy
* User Agreement
* RSS Feeds

I hope so! Shenmue is one of the best games ive ever played

USA4LIFE
12-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I new this franchise was far from over, hopefully they don't **** it up.

Andre Wardttke
12-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Can you post a source link please mate?

Crazylegs77
12-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Source IGN

December 23rd 2009

logo

* IGN.com
* GameSpy
* Comrade
* Arena
* FilePlanet
* GameSpy Technology
* TeamXbox
* Planets
* Vaults
* VE3D
* CheatsCodesGuides
* GameStats
* GamerMetrics
* AskMen.com
* Rotten Tomatoes
* Direct2Drive
* GreenPixels
* GIGA

* About Us
* Support
* Advertise
* Privacy Policy
* User Agreement
* RSS Feeds

FINALLY!

Pacinko and get to ask about sailors once more!
http://i49.tinypic.com/29xi3he.jpg
:banana:

At this point I forgot the whole plot but still glad to hear about the 3rd finally coming out.

Earl Hickey
12-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Would anyone like to play a game of lucky hit?

Andre Wardttke
12-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't get too excited people, no where seems to be reporting this.

M.I Truth ?
01-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Dude i just want a fight with Lan Di. I played through so much crap only to get one look at the end of Shenmue 2.

matic21
01-19-2010, 07:48 AM
I always loved the Shenmue series, thanks for the heads up.

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Shenmue was tight.

Too bad I got a PS3 though.

Biolink
01-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Shenmue series is beautiful.

I watch some old videos of the game occasionally, and it almost brings tears to my eyes that the game never made it popular mainstream, and may never get a proper closure.

They should really consider releasing Shenmue 1 on XBLA/PSN and see how the response is to the game.

Shenmue 3 has so much hype surrounding it, I'd think the game would do a million sales easily.

The one big drawback was that the game just happened too soon for its time. Even now its way ahead of the curve in terms of gameplay, when you compare it to most games(Which is not a bad thing, and speaks volumes about the lack of effort that goes into makign many games today). Had it never got swept up with the Ps2 hype, the series would probably be done right now.

Earl Hickey
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Shenmue series is beautiful.

I watch some old videos of the game occasionally, and it almost brings tears to my eyes that the game never made it popular mainstream, and may never get a proper closure.

They should really consider releasing Shenmue 1 on XBLA/PSN and see how the response is to the game.

Shenmue 3 has so much hype surrounding it, I'd think the game would do a million sales easily.

The one big drawback was that the game just happened too soon for its time. Even now its way ahead of the curve in terms of gameplay, when you compare it to most games(Which is not a bad thing, and speaks volumes about the lack of effort that goes into makign many games today). Had it never got swept up with the Ps2 hype, the series would probably be done right now.

I still play 2 now, i love walking around the streets of hong kong, just imagine what they could do with shenmue on current consoles.

Biolink
01-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I still play 2 now, i love walking around the streets of hong kong, just imagine what they could do with shenmue on current consoles.

I know man. I had a dream about that ****. All I want to do is fight Lan-Di. No other wishes.

Anyway it looks like the original article was fluff. Unless he can provide a Link, because I haven't heard this news anywhere, and Shenmue fans keep up with even the smallest most minuscule new information about Shenmue. I definitely see the games being re-released at some point though.