View Full Version : Bayonetta gets a 9.5 on ign "Better than God of war"

Earl Hickey
12-23-2009, 12:24 AM
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056885p1.html

Lol at the people giving it 0/10 on the community boards when they couldnt possibly have played it yet!

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 12:27 AM
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056885p1.html

Lol at the people giving it 0/10 on the community boards when they couldnt possibly have played it yet!

in all honesty, i thought the demo sucked.... i've yet to see what all the buzz is about

Earl Hickey
12-23-2009, 12:28 AM
in all honesty, i thought the demo sucked.... i've yet to see what all the buzz is about

I haven't played it tbh, its not my kind of game.

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 12:29 AM
I haven't played it tbh, its not my kind of game.

even the graphics left much to be desired IMO

and yeah, definitely not my type of game

Earl Hickey
12-23-2009, 12:31 AM
even the graphics left much to be desired IMO

and yeah, definitely not my type of game

Theres some good stuff coming out next year, Mass effect 2, Final fantasy 13, Bioshock 2 are at the top of my list.

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Theres some good stuff coming out next year, Mass effect 2, Final fantasy 13, Bioshock 2 are at the top of my list.

yeah.... tops for me so far is Gran Tursimo 5

i still have every intent on picking up Assassin's Creed II at some point, when i get sick of MW2 or want a break

Grand Champ
12-23-2009, 02:50 AM
9,5 ? What's with these crazy ratings all the time? I'm starting to think these companies buys their ratings from Gamespot and IGN.

Ryn0
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
It's got pretty awesome ratings from most publications, I'm gonna pick it up once I get my ps3 fixed

SplitSecond
12-23-2009, 09:23 AM
played the demo, did'nt like it, dmc wannabe, a crappy dmc wannabe

Ryn0
12-23-2009, 11:41 AM
played the demo, did'nt like it, dmc wannabe, a crappy dmc wannabe
It's made by the guy who created DMC.. so it would make sense.

Ether
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
It's got pretty awesome ratings from most publications, I'm gonna pick it up once I get my ps3 fixed

Honestly, don't get it for PS3. don't get it for PS3 whatsoever.

What this thread is forgetting, is that the game got a 8.2 for PS3 and a 9.5 For 360.

The director of this game DID NOT want or intend the game to ever be on PS3, it's made mainly for dvd. not blu-ray, therefore it turned out to be an extremely ****ty port by SEGA. Duller graphics, constant load times, slower gameplay, etc. I'm sorry but being with Sony we are going to have to take this L on the chin. The 360 version is just far superior and does deserve the praise. 360 ppl deserve a game this sick. The game was intended for DVD use and really shines on it.

As for this game ever being compared to GOW, is pretty much hilarious.

GOW3 will most likely get a 10 from everybody and is exclusive to sony.

Earl Hickey
12-25-2009, 12:28 AM
The PS3 version got a lower score because there are loads of issues with it

The PS3 version has a lot of problems, primary among them being the excessive slowdown and loading. During certain scenes of high action, Bayonetta can slow down dramatically, enough to affect the gameplay experience. I can usually tolerate that sort of issue to an extent, but the loading problems are simply unacceptable.

I don't agree with either score, and as for God of war 3 getting a 10, if it does that's farcical.

These sort of games are far too limited to get that kind of score, how can you compare GOW to Zelda, GTA3 , Half Life and all the other ATG games, you cannot.

Ether
12-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Are you serious right now?

So god of war 1 gets a 9.5..

God of war 2 gets like a 9.5..

And 3 possibly getting a 10 is just 'farcical' huh...

Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10 from pretty much everybody but gametrailers.. And who would compare Metal Gear to ''Zelda, GTA, Half life" ??? Nobody, but it doesn't stop it from being absolutely fantastic and groundbreaking.

Earl Hickey
12-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Are you serious right now?

So god of war 1 gets a 9.5..

God of war 2 gets like a 9.5..

And 3 possibly getting a 10 is just 'farcical' huh...

Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10 from pretty much everybody but gametrailers.. And who would compare Metal Gear to ''Zelda, GTA, Half life" ??? Nobody, but it doesn't stop it from being absolutely fantastic and groundbreaking.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a good movie i admit.

But in all seriousness, there needs to be some ****ing clarity on the scores thing. 9.5 for gow 1 and 2 is stupid.

Giving a game 9.5 is saying "its almost perfect" giving a game 10 is saying it is perfect.

Even OOT isn't perfect, i gave that game a 9.8 so yeah GOW3 is not going to be a perfect game, it will be 8/10 in many areas, so like an 8.5 or something will be appropriate, of course it will get higher though.

Many games are overrated and have at least a 9.5 rubberstamped before the reviewers ever play it.

Halo, Call of Duty, GOW, Gran Turismo, and many others.

Ether
12-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 was a good movie i admit.

But in all seriousness, there needs to be some ****ing clarity on the scores thing. 9.5 for gow 1 and 2 is stupid.

Giving a game 9.5 is saying "its almost perfect" giving a game 10 is saying it is perfect.

Even OOT isn't perfect, i gave that game a 9.8 so yeah GOW3 is not going to be a perfect game, it will be 8/10 in many areas, so like an 8.5 or something will be appropriate, of course it will get higher though.

Many games are overrated and have at least a 9.5 rubberstamped before the reviewers ever play it.

Halo, Call of Duty, GOW, Gran Turismo, and many others.

Calling MGS4 a movie, typical response from someone who doesn't have a PS3. They all say that. And i actually agree with GOW1 getting rated that high, i mean look what it spawned.. now you have all these little story button mashers with interactive cutscenes(Heavenly sword, dantes inferno, ninja blade, etc etc) .. only every once and awhile do you have a game come along and do that. OOT was amazing, that deserves a perfect rating if you ask me. As does Goldeneye.. Why? because they changed gaming.

Earl Hickey
12-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Calling MGS4 a movie, typical response from someone who doesn't have a PS3. They all say that. And i actually agree with GOW1 getting rated that high, i mean look what it spawned.. now you have all these little story button mashers with interactive cutscenes(Heavenly sword, dantes inferno, ninja blade, etc etc) .. only every once and awhile do you have a game come along and do that. OOT was amazing, that deserves a perfect rating if you ask me. As does Goldeneye.. Why? because they changed gaming.

I do have a ps3, and i was kidding, i love the MSG series, 4 is no exception (although the cut scenes were a little excessive)

Goldeneye and OOT were not perfect though, both suffered from frame rate issues, and other minor problems, you don't seem to understand me though, OOT is my personal favorite game ever, im not dissing it.

Ether
12-25-2009, 01:09 AM
I think games are rated also for the time they are released, I think we can all look at FF7 now and tear it down piece by piece, but at the time in 1997.. there was nothing like it, i remember seeing the commercial then and being ****ing blown away.

Anyway--back to the subject, I highly suggest you and everyone get Bayonetta for your 360.

BTW, what PS3 2010 games are you looking forward to?

Earl Hickey
12-25-2009, 01:14 AM
I think games are rated also for the time they are released, I think we can all look at FF7 now and tear it down piece by piece, but at the time in 1997.. there was nothing like it, i remember seeing the commercial then and being ****ing blown away.

Anyway--back to the subject, I highly suggest you and everyone get Bayonetta for your 360.

BTW, what PS3 2010 games are you looking forward to?

A lot of multi format stuff actually, Bioshock 2, Arkham Asylum 2.

Heavy Rain and GT5 are the main exclusives that im looking forward to, and on 360 which i also own Mass Effect 2 and supposedly Shenmue 3 as i heard the other day.

Ether
12-25-2009, 01:29 AM
Lol, the creator of Shenmue left Sega i think almost over a year ago now.. so how this is gonna come out so so soon I don't know.. But if it's a bunch of americans trying to continue something (like they did with Silent hill and completely destroyed it into oblivion, ROFL @ the american made silent hill movies/games) than i see it being complete ****. But if it IS TRULY a genuine continuation for 360 only you can bet your ass i'll be getting another 360. Loved Shenmue for DC, and 2 for Xbox.

I'm excited for BioShock 2, and Heavy Rain also.

BTW, i think if you decide to get FF13 you know which console to get it for, right? ;)

Earl Hickey
12-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Lol, the creator of Shenmue left Sega i think almost over a year ago now.. so how this is gonna come out so so soon I don't know.. But if it's a bunch of americans trying to continue something (like they did with Silent hill and completely destroyed it into oblivion, ROFL @ the american made silent hill movies/games) than i see it being complete ****. But if it IS TRULY a genuine continuation for 360 only you can bet your ass i'll be getting another 360. Loved Shenmue for DC, and 2 for Xbox.

I'm excited for BioShock 2, and Heavy Rain also.

BTW, i think if you decide to get FF13 you know which console to get it for, right? ;)

Lol yeah, i wonder how many discs its actually gonna be on 360, i reckon 5

Ryn0
12-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Honestly, don't get it for PS3. don't get it for PS3 whatsoever.

What this thread is forgetting, is that the game got a 8.2 for PS3 and a 9.5 For 360.

The director of this game DID NOT want or intend the game to ever be on PS3, it's made mainly for dvd. not blu-ray, therefore it turned out to be an extremely ****ty port by SEGA. Duller graphics, constant load times, slower gameplay, etc. I'm sorry but being with Sony we are going to have to take this L on the chin. The 360 version is just far superior and does deserve the praise. 360 ppl deserve a game this sick. The game was intended for DVD use and really shines on it.

As for this game ever being compared to GOW, is pretty much hilarious.

GOW3 will most likely get a 10 from everybody and is exclusive to sony.
I'm well aware of the problems but I just don't like getting games for my xbox if there is a possibility of getting it on PS3. I only use it for exclusives, the machine annoys me and is loud as hell (it's only loud because it got fixed for RROD before that it was fine). I'm clutching at straws it just personal preference I guess but I just dislike having to use my 360.

Perhaps its the setup? Or the little sounds it makes it just builds up and annoys me, I think its the layout. I actually used it more that my PS3 before NXE though that might have been because there were alot less games for PS3 at the start.

Other magazines seem to be giving it pretty good PS3 ratings, hell the PS3 version got 40/40 in Famitsu, that significant because FF13 got 39/40 in Famitsu and the Japanese go crazy over FF.

Ether
12-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Alright, fair enough.

But if you would be kind enough to watch a video review on both versions just so you can see and hear what we're talking about.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14253761/bayonetta/videos/bayonetta_360_vdr_122109.html

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14253676/bayonetta/videos/bayonetta_ps3_vdr_122109mov.html

PS3

Ryn0
12-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Alright, fair enough.

But if you would be kind enough to watch a video review on both versions just so you can see and hear what we're talking about.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14253761/bayonetta/videos/bayonetta_360_vdr_122109.html

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14253676/bayonetta/videos/bayonetta_ps3_vdr_122109mov.html

PS3
I did watch both, I understand that the PS3 versions inferior.

but unless it unplayable i'm getting it on PS3. I also need to import Demons Souls, only releasing it in 2 countries was a bad idea. I picked up Borderlands the other day too. I have to get through Assassins Creed 2 as well.

I'm picking up a 250GB slim tommorow, My friend is fixing my other PS3 and im moving everything across :)

Ryn0
12-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Got a slim today :D been playing Fifa 10 all day