View Full Version : How does the great carlos monzon match up against a fleet footed, flashy type fighter

Joey Giardello
12-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Through out his career monzon never faced that type of style! how would of the slow footed, text book monzon done against a charley burley, roy jones, micheal nunn, ray leanard type fighter? Also monzon never faced 1 southpaw when he was champion something else to think about

cooper5
12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I doesn't seem Monzon fought many boxers like that but if anyone has 90 fights you could bet they would have met a variety of styles. He might not fought a clever boxer like either of the Sugar Rays but I sure he faced boxer styles.
And I don't think he faced a southpaw as a champ, but I could be wrong.

Joey Giardello
12-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I doesn't seem Monzon fought many boxers like that but if anyone has 90 fights you could bet they would have met a variety of styles. He might not fought a clever boxer like either of the Sugar Rays but I sure he faced boxer styles.
And I don't think he faced a southpaw as a champ, but I could be wrong.

no monzon did not face a southpaw while he was champion

sonnyboyx2
12-23-2009, 04:35 AM
IMO Monzon would struggle with a fleet-footed fighter like Ray Leonard or Roy Jones

alexisarguello8
12-23-2009, 07:25 AM
jose napoles was pretty slick but he was past his prime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlpZ5-bw_GI

mrboxer
12-23-2009, 10:45 AM
i see carlos holding his own,:boxing:

BennyST
12-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Tony Mundine was a classic boxer. Slick, fast, great jab and quick combos with non stop good footwork.