View Full Version : It's not really cost effective to do exclusives on ps3

Earl Hickey
12-21-2009, 01:21 AM
I just noticed this worrying trend right, You know Uncharted 2, well after only one month it plummeted out of the top 20 npd sales.

And Modern warfare 2 November sales

Modern Warfare 2 (360) 4.20M
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) 1.87M

This sucks, also the 360 won in console sales AGAIN

I dont mind competition, but if this carrys on there might not be many ps3 exclusives.

Verstyle
12-21-2009, 01:36 AM
PS3 sucks. Point blank. My boss got his son a PS3, I wanted to laugh at him and tell him I got my son a Elite.

$partacus
12-21-2009, 01:59 AM
NPD sales are only for America the PS3 is still comfortably outselling the 360 in the rest of the world.

- v e t -
12-21-2009, 02:01 AM
NPD sales are only for America the PS3 is still comfortably outselling the 360 in the rest of the world.

true

and MW2 owned it on XBOX because they havent had **** for games come out for months

:nonono:

$partacus
12-21-2009, 02:09 AM
true

and MW2 owned it on XBOX because they havent had **** for games come out for months

:nonono:

There's almost twice as many 360 owners than there are PS3 owners in America so it's understandable the 360 is going to sell more games there.

BOLLOCKS
12-21-2009, 02:14 AM
PS3 sucks. Point blank. My boss got his son a PS3, I wanted to laugh at him and tell him I got my son a Elite.

LOL, you got a son? :D

Verstyle
12-21-2009, 02:21 AM
There's almost twice as many 360 owners than there are PS3 owners in America so it's understandable the 360 is going to sell more games there.

Quit giving excuses. Just face it. My brother has a PS3 and when I saw his online thing I almost busted out laughing. PS3 has failed.

Verstyle
12-21-2009, 02:22 AM
LOL, you got a son? :D

Yeah...............

$partacus
12-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Quit giving excuses. Just face it. My brother has a PS3 and when I saw his online thing I almost busted out laughing. PS3 has failed.

Failed? How has it failed? America and the UK are the only 2 places that the 360 sells more. America is not the be and end all. The Americans are too stupid to realise which is the better console and the PS3 costs twice as much as a 360 in the UK.

Verstyle
12-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Failed? How has it failed? America and the UK are the only 2 places that the 360 sells more. America is not the be and end all. The Americans are too stupid to realise which is the better console and the PS3 costs twice as much as a 360 in the UK.

Americans are too stupid to realize which is the better console? Your ignorance just ended this conversation.Hahaha.

$partacus
12-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Americans are too stupid to realize which is the better console? Your ignorance just ended this conversation.Hahaha.

The PS3 is a superior console and that's a fact. Do you own a PS3? most 360 supporters never have.

Ether
12-21-2009, 03:18 AM
You laughed at PS3 online?

I laugh at 360 Avatars and 9GBS of space per dvd.

blu-ray ethered HD-DVD.

R.I.P

TheCheetah
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
If you realized what the Playstation 3 could do in comparison to the 360 you would quickly change your mind about it. I've had an XBOX 360.. I couldn't do **** on it. I give the XBOX 360 credit for the listening of music while playing a game. The lack of hard drive size is GARBAGE on XBOX... Try putting a 500GB hard drive in an XBOX 360 LMAO... yeah right.

PS3 is clearly the better console in my eyes. I couldn't even hook up a USB flash drive to the 360... Playstation 3 I got 4 USB ports and all of them are in use. I got swap magic to play the old school games on the ps3 like snes, nes, and all that. Also the PS3 can hold all my movies, music, and games that I download on to the system. The reason why more people have the 360 than the PS3 is because it came out first and not too many people could afford the PS3 when it came out. The PS3 is well worth the money.. I'm not complaining!!! Higher failure rate on the 360 than the PS3 as well. I'm not sitting here telling you GO GET A PS3... But you Xbox players should take the advice. 250GB hard drive on the 360 is still WEAK.

crillz
12-21-2009, 02:05 PM

PS3 sucks? what kind of crack you on son? you might like Xbox better but to say PS3 sucks? I own all 3 and I can tell you for a FACT the PS3 is a MUCH better console, it offers more than you can get on a 360. people like 360 because it's been cheaper for a much longer time, I'd rather pay for quality than have a lesser system which is why I bought the PS3 first..

**** Xbox Live yo I get the PSN for FREE, I go online for FREE and I get wireless connection built in rather than having to buy a 100$ wireless adapter. basically it's me, my brother and my sister who's into games here, using 360 if we wanted to go online with wireless connection as we do with the PS3 we would have spend 150$ on 3 50$ cards and 100$ for the wireless adapter, 250$! to go online in a way that could go online with a PS3 once I remove it from the box. Playstation Home, Blu Ray, Internet Exploring, **** you can win a ****in bid on ebay with your PS3..

Netflix ain't **** yo PS3 has it and all but you could use the PS3 browser to just download movies from sites, Bravia compatibility is now giving access to users for early movies. I could get streams for Live fights and I could watch them on my TV due to my PS3's browser capabilities, I can use a small ass blue tooth rather than a headset built for an Aviator.

how in the **** is the 360 better than the Playstation 3? because of the games? get the **** outta here son if I only wanted a good game I'll play the Wii, graphics are ****ty but the games are fun as ****.. honestly man if PS3 had come out when 360 came out and likewise and it had a cheap price too people would buy the PS3. they had a survey that was done when the PS3-360 feud was bigger, they asked thousands of people if they could pick a system that they could get for FREE which would they pick out of the 3, EVERYBODY said PS3..

-Hyperion-
12-21-2009, 02:37 PM
modern warfare is biggest in shooter land(america-UK) of course its gonna sell better on 360...thats their territory...

Uncharted is a relatively new franchise....and the sequel is selling much faster than the original(which ended up selling 2.5 million copies...Uncharted 2 is already near 2 million)

sony develops their own exclusives....uncharted-ratchet-god of war-gran turismo.......all IP's are owned by sony....so its no problem for them if their exclusives arent as big yet.......the problem for sony was that they didnt establish their own franchises well enough during the ps2 era.......so now theyve had to start new ones....gran turismo is their only HUGE exclusive in terms of sales........but that doesnt mean the other games arent quality......

and for the record, Final Fantasy XIII just came out in Japan(PS3 exclusive in Japan).....it already sold more than 1.5 million copies in half a week........that means 1 of every 3 ps3 owners in japan has the game already.....

???
12-21-2009, 04:53 PM
PS3 > 360

End.

Earl Hickey
12-21-2009, 05:16 PM
If you realized what the Playstation 3 could do in comparison to the 360 you would quickly change your mind about it. I've had an XBOX 360.. I couldn't do **** on it. I give the XBOX 360 credit for the listening of music while playing a game. The lack of hard drive size is GARBAGE on XBOX... Try putting a 500GB hard drive in an XBOX 360 LMAO... yeah right.

PS3 is clearly the better console in my eyes. I couldn't even hook up a USB flash drive to the 360... Playstation 3 I got 4 USB ports and all of them are in use. I got swap magic to play the old school games on the ps3 like snes, nes, and all that. Also the PS3 can hold all my movies, music, and games that I download on to the system. The reason why more people have the 360 than the PS3 is because it came out first and not too many people could afford the PS3 when it came out. The PS3 is well worth the money.. I'm not complaining!!! Higher failure rate on the 360 than the PS3 as well. I'm not sitting here telling you GO GET A PS3... But you Xbox players should take the advice. 250GB hard drive on the 360 is still WEAK.

Well i can, its easy lol.

But anyway, i own both consoles, and i dont want either one to fail, i was mainly making a point that a great game, one of the best of the year actually, uncharted 2 did really badly in sales, and that sucks because it makes studios want to just put out crappy by the numbers titles.

Earl Hickey
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
modern warfare is biggest in shooter land(america-UK) of course its gonna sell better on 360...thats their territory...

Uncharted is a relatively new franchise....and the sequel is selling much faster than the original(which ended up selling 2.5 million copies...Uncharted 2 is already near 2 million)

sony develops their own exclusives....uncharted-ratchet-god of war-gran turismo.......all IP's are owned by sony....so its no problem for them if their exclusives arent as big yet.......the problem for sony was that they didnt establish their own franchises well enough during the ps2 era.......so now theyve had to start new ones....gran turismo is their only HUGE exclusive in terms of sales........but that doesnt mean the other games arent quality......

and for the record, Final Fantasy XIII just came out in Japan(PS3 exclusive in Japan).....it already sold more than 1.5 million copies in half a week........that means 1 of every 3 ps3 owners in japan has the game already.....

I can't wait for ff13, did it get good reviews in japan? (silly question lol)

- v e t -
12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Well i can, its easy lol.

But anyway, i own both consoles, and i dont want either one to fail, i was mainly making a point that a great game, one of the best of the year actually, uncharted 2 did really badly in sales, and that sucks because it makes studios want to just put out crappy by the numbers titles.

i wouldnt say that UC2 did "crappy" in sales...

it had a bad release slot IMO... MW2 is the most anticipated game of the decade... whether it delivered or not is irrelevant...

not to mention AC2 the week after MW2

i would like higher numbers for it as well, it is a great game... BUT it is what it is at this point

- v e t -
12-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I can't wait for ff13, did it get good reviews in japan? (silly question lol)

yes, its over 2 millions in sales already

and the it comes with an access code for FFXIV on ps3

msagrain
12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Why do people still arguing about ps3 and xbox. It's like when you were at school and you would say my Dad is harder than your Dad(Don't think twisted, you **** brains ither.).

$partacus
12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Why do people still arguing about ps3 and xbox. It's like when you were at school and you would say my Dad is harder than your Dad(Don't think twisted, you **** brains ither.).

Why do people argue about who is the better boxer or better footy team? Or what's the best movie etc... it's human nature.

Verstyle
12-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I play the PS3 daily, so I'm not just saying it just to say it. I even bought my brother that Modern Warfare 2. This is to some dude that said PS3 had more overall sales then the 360 worldwide. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Ps3

But anyway, It's just a preference thing, no need for the 15 paragraphs.Haha. All is well.:dance:

P.WILL
12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Check out my Sig Quotes

MetalVomit
12-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I play the PS3 daily, so I'm not just saying it just to say it. I even bought my brother that Modern Warfare 2. This is to some dude that said PS3 had more overall sales then the 360 worldwide. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360

But anyway, It's just a preference thing, no need for the 15 paragraphs.Haha. All is well.:dance:

PS3 sucks, but you play it daily? here you go, always pointing to sales as if that automatically guarantees quality-superiority. lmao. good ol Verse

$partacus
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Those numbers back up what i was saying, in America the 360 has a 8-9 million lead so the PS3 has sold more outside of America.

stickandmove12
12-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I've had an Xbox 360 for a couple of years it was great, but the red rings of death suck. I just got a ps3 and I have to say it's growing on me. Just warn your son not to play the 360 to much or he will end up not having one.

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 12:01 AM
PS3 sucks, but you play it daily? here you go, always pointing to sales as if that automatically guarantees quality-superiority. lmao. good ol Verse

My 100 percent guess is you didn't read what he said. He said the worldwide sales of the PS3 are higher. Nothing in my post has anything to do with it being better because it sold more. Hahahaha. But anyway...

S H O B O X
12-23-2009, 12:20 AM

yep ,the ps3 is much more than just a games console , i can easily download HD fights for free and play them on my ps3 or from an external hard drive effortlessly , play blu ray dvd's , download and play old school games etc there's nothing wrong with the xbox , whenever im at my bro's house i enjoy playing it , but as an overall multimedia machine the ps3 is a lot better imo

$partacus
12-23-2009, 12:40 AM
My 100 percent guess is you didn't read what he said. He said the worldwide sales of the PS3 are higher. Nothing in my post has anything to do with it being better because it sold more. Hahahaha. But anyway...

Oh dear you didn't read the post correctly did you?

In what part of that post do i say the worldwide sales were higher. I said "the rest of the world"

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Oh dear you didn't read the post correctly did you?

In what part of that post do i say the worldwide sales were higher. I said "the rest of the world"

Indeed you did. My mistake. But selling elsewhere a lot is good and all but partial pie isn't as good as the whole pie. I don't see the PS3 catching up to them in this gaming generation of consoles, maybe next one. They should just start over and try again.

Nothing wrong with a failure.

$partacus
12-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Indeed you did. My mistake. But selling elsewhere a lot is good and all but partial pie isn't as good as the whole pie. I don't see the PS3 catching up to them in his gaming generation of consoles, maybe next one. They should just start over and try again.

Nothing wrong with a failure.

The megadrive/genesis sold 29 million worldwide do you think that is a failure?

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 12:50 AM
The megadrive/genesis sold 29 million worldwide do you think that is a failure?

Compared to what? And did their product cost more to make then to sell? :luvbed:

$partacus
12-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Compared to what? And did their product cost more to make then to sell? :luvbed:

Compared to the 49 million the snes sold. If the PS3 is a failure then so is the 360 because the Wii owned both of them.

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Compared to the 49 million the snes sold. If the PS3 is a failure then so is the 360 because the Wii owned both of them.

Indeed it is when compared to the Wii. Everyone knows that. Also compared to 49 million the SNES sold? Yes it is. I had a Genesis when a kid and I wasn't too happy with the SNES being better because I like Genesis way better just off of loyalty and their games. But I knew they lost; I just sucked it up and moved on. Simple.

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Indeed it is when compared to the Wii. Everyone knows that. Also compared to 49 million the SNES sold? Yes it is. I had a Genesis when a kid and I wasn't too happy with the SNES being better because I like Genesis way better just off of loyalty and their games. But I knew they lost; I just sucked it up and moved on. Simple.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7nsBoqJ6s8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7nsBoqJ6s8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 01:01 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7nsBoqJ6s8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7nsBoqJ6s8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For some reason I think thats where Verizon got the commercial from; the one with the iPhone.

S H O B O X
12-23-2009, 01:03 AM

lol , you wouldnt get away with making ads bashing the competition like that nowadays

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:04 AM
For some reason I think thats where Verizon got the commercial from; the one with the iPhone.

the iDont???

remember this creepy **** sega put out...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/haOCJ8wL0OA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/haOCJ8wL0OA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:04 AM
lol , you wouldnt get away with making ads bashing the competition like that nowadays

unless you're a politician

:lol1:

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 01:08 AM
the iDont???

remember this creepy **** sega put out...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/haOCJ8wL0OA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/haOCJ8wL0OA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I had a Sega Saturn too and I don't remember this commercial. Creepy as hell. I like the commercials when they screamed out " SEGA!!"

$partacus
12-23-2009, 01:09 AM

More sales doesn't make a console better and because a console doesn't sell as much as as others doesn't make it a failure.

It's all about price, more people will go for the cheaper product.

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:09 AM
I had a Sega Saturn too and I don't remember this commercial. Creepy as hell. I like the commercials when they screamed out " SEGA!!"

i got a promotional thing in the mail with this tape/movie in it and some pamphlets etc...

never bought it though

rocked the ps1 and n64 though :D

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 01:13 AM
More sales doesn't make a console better and because a console doesn't sell as much as as others doesn't make it a failure.

It's all about price, more people will go for the cheaper product.

I never said more sales makes a console better. I was just simply pointing out, buddy. Till this day I think Dreamcast is/ was one of the best gaming consoles ever.

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 01:14 AM
i got a promotional thing in the mail with this tape/movie in it and some pamphlets etc...

never bought it though

rocked the ps1 and n64 though :D

N64 was nice, my brother had it. When I saw Mario 64 at Target? I was in awe with those graphics. I stayed in line to play it next.

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:14 AM
I never said more sales makes a console better. I was just simply pointing out, buddy. Till this day I think Dreamcast is/ was one of the best gaming consoles ever.

and the iPhone is officially more powerful than that now

:fing02:

get a dreamcast emulator for it and you can take it anywhere!!!

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 01:15 AM

A emulator for a iPhone?

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:15 AM
N64 was nice, my brother had it. When I saw Mario 64 at Target? I was in awe with those graphics. I stayed in line to play it next.

I bought one at a pawn shop a couple years ago with 6 games and two controllers for $25

wasnt til after i was 21 that i started Ocarina of Time

lots of hours logged on that after late night drinking binges!

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:16 AM
A emulator for a iPhone?

yessir

they have emulators of all types for it.... but most require the phone to be jailbroken

$partacus
12-23-2009, 01:16 AM

Really? I didn't know that, playing mario 64 would be great on it but how would the controls work? :lol1:

Verstyle
12-23-2009, 01:21 AM
yessir

they have emulators of all types for it.... but most require the phone to be jailbroken

That indeed is nice. I'm getting my broken iPod Touch fixed, you think it could work on that? It's 16gb.

- v e t -
12-23-2009, 01:22 AM
That indeed is nice. I'm getting my broken iPod Touch fixed, you think it could work on that? It's 16gb.

yep

not 100% sure about the dreamcast effectiveness, i've yet to use that one specifically.... probably sketchy at first

but they have publicly said the iPhone has surpassed it in computing power

also, there's NES, Genesis SNES etc... youtube that ****