View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like crying at the state of NSB right now?

BennyST
12-18-2009, 12:56 AM
I know this isn't a History thread as such but everyone else is too stupid to converse with properly there so I thought putting it in here would get some normal answers.

So, what do you think? Does anyone else when they look through NSB feel like crying at the idiocy and ignorance? :pat:

On another note: I've been re-watching 130 pound Mayweather fights. Corrales, Hernandez etc etc, and the guy was a freak back then. You forget how quickly people lose speed when they move up in weight. He was a lot faster back then. I had never really noticed it before to any degree but man, it's very noticeable when you are looking at it.

Beautiful to watch and didn't have the wankers persona he has now. I wished he had stayed like that and not gone for the marketing ploy.

I must admit that I just want this fight to be over and for everyone to **** off. This place is flooded with crazies and you can't have an normal conversation anymore without ten thousand idiots ruining it. :nonono:

Oh well.....

mhager91490
12-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I know this isn't a History thread as such but everyone else is too stupid to converse with properly there so I thought putting it in here would get some normal answers.

So, what do you think? Does anyone else when they look through NSB feel like crying at the idiocy and ignorance? :pat:

On another note: I've been re-watching 130 pound Mayweather fights. Corrales, Hernandez etc etc, and the guy was a freak back then. You forget how quickly people lose speed when they move up in weight. He was a lot faster back then. I had never really noticed it before to any degree but man, it's very noticeable when you are looking at it.

Beautiful to watch and didn't have the wankers persona he has now. I wished he had stayed like that and not gone for the marketing ploy.

I must admit that I just want this fight to be over and for everyone to **** off. This place is flooded with crazies and you can't have an normal conversation anymore without ten thousand idiots ruining it. :nonono:

Oh well.....

Honestly I am not super interested in the fight as most people seem to be, it has always amazed he how people can talk about the same thing for months, I don't even start discussing an upcoming fight until a week or so before it usually.

MANGLER
12-18-2009, 01:13 AM
I stay pithy in NSB. Make my points in as few words as possible and leave it at that.

If a thread is utter ****, I might enter it for no other reason than to tell TS that it's ****.

And if it's both **** and blasphemous, I call in the man.

Thread Stealer
12-18-2009, 01:25 AM
I just find it ridiculous how people eat up every little article about how so and so wants this and that and how one of them is "scared" and "ducking" the other guy.

It's like they don't want the fight to happen, because they're scared their man-crush will lose, so they'd rather talk about a "hypothetical victory" rather than the fight to occur, which would bring the sporting world's attention to boxing.

Silencers
12-18-2009, 02:03 AM
NSB has gotten even worse with all this Pacquiao-Mayweather stuff. Almost every thread is pretty much saying the same thing over and over with the same people posting the same nonsensical stuff in them. Maybe mods should create a subforum for this fight, just to clear NSB up so that we can actually talk about boxing.

Clegg
12-18-2009, 02:11 AM
The main problem (other than the lack of intelligence) is that most of them are fans of a certain guy, rather than of the sport itself.

Obviously I like certain boxers and dislike certain boxers, but there's a limit to that. I just want to see good fights, and if boxing stopped providing that then I'd stop being a fan, regardless of who was winning or losing.

Seeing dozens of people on here spending hours each day saying whatever they think will make a complete stranger look good...that kind of thing is just so damn weird. I don't understand what they get out of it and many of them could do with serious help.

RightCross94
12-18-2009, 02:58 AM
The main problem is people being fans of a particular fighter, rather than of the sport itself.

I've made the mistake lately of getting in there and swapping insults with the morons, it's just a waste of time and I'm thinking of some good threads for this section that will occupy me so I won't have to go into NSB.

But Silencers is right the Floyd-Pac fight is clogging up NSB now. I appreciate that it's a meaningful fight and all but damn, there's so much crap getting posted and it's mainly from the Pacquiao fans, and Burner lol. Burner is a loyal Floyd fan and the guy makes some points but he really doesn't think sometimes before saying stuff and he has to have predicted every big fight in recent memory dead wrong :lol1:

Like I'm a Floyd fan but I'd like to think I'm not seen as a crazy stan or anything. I try to keep it objective and I don't think I've ever claimed Floyd as the GOAT or anything insane like that. And I'm not obsessed with his flashy persona bull****, it's his skills I appreciate.

cooper5
12-18-2009, 04:50 AM
I avoid most of it but I wonder the average age difference between the NSB and the other sections.

andrewcuff
12-18-2009, 10:02 PM

Oh well.....

True words. It is the reason I stopped posting on this website.

The Stone Roses
12-19-2009, 12:16 AM
there are 100 *******s for every 10 *****s.....too many *******s on this site....you don't believe me??? pacquiao was ranked higher than Muhammad Ali on an ATG list....WTF???

boxing_great
12-19-2009, 12:26 AM

Oh well.....

Yea It's fukn pathetic.
These posters would literally wank over their boxer, can't believe how much somebody is willing to stick up for a boxer they hardly know other than seeing them on a ****en screen.
every fkn thread, floyd this floyd that. pac this pac that.
do they know anything about the sport outside of those 2 fkd up boxers..
NSB is really getting monotonous, and repetitive...

BennyST
12-19-2009, 04:08 AM
NSB has gotten even worse with all this Pacquiao-Mayweather stuff. Almost every thread is pretty much saying the same thing over and over with the same people posting the same nonsensical stuff in them. Maybe mods should create a subforum for this fight, just to clear NSB up so that we can actually talk about boxing.

Exactly mate. :fing02:

You know that is a very smart idea. I wonder if it would truly stop them posting the same **** in NSB anyway. We should take that idea to the mods.

The main problem (other than the lack of intelligence) is that most of them are fans of a certain guy, rather than of the sport itself.

Obviously I like certain boxers and dislike certain boxers, but there's a limit to that. I just want to see good fights, and if boxing stopped providing that then I'd stop being a fan, regardless of who was winning or losing.

Seeing dozens of people on here spending hours each day saying whatever they think will make a complete stranger look good...that kind of thing is just so damn weird. I don't understand what they get out of it and many of them could do with serious help.

Spot on as always Clegg! I think having any number of fighters that you follow, rather than one guy, it means that even if he loses or even if he wins the greatest fight ever, it still doesn't mean a whole lot.

There are still a million other fights forever to watch and however many new boxers to see. I'm waiting right now for Jose Benevides to start. The guy has great potential I think.

But, if I was obsessed by one guy, I would be bored ****less waiting for each fight of his every three to six months without ever caring about every single fight in between. I guess that's the reason all these guys write up the same thread day after day after day after day though eh?

The main problem is people being fans of a particular fighter, rather than of the sport itself.

That is basically what it comes down to isn't? :nonono:

I struggle to understand how it's possible. If you like music, you don't like only one band. If you got into music because of one band you find other similar bands very quickly and start enjoying their music too. Then you see other styles and get an appreciation for them and in a very short time you find yourself listening to all kinds and genres and styles and you consider that first band the one and only ultimate band with no others existing. It's the same with boxing.

Maybe if you got into it through Pac, you would enjoy watching some other aggressive guys like Katsidis or Bradley, and if you like Mayweather then you like other skilled boxers like Guzman, Rigondeaux, Hopkins etc etc etc. How can someone only enjoy one guy and not see all the other stuff that is out there without being a fan of everything?

It makes no sense to me. :dunno:

The of course, when you like a particular style you look for other similar guys. You like fast, aggressive, skillful fighters so you go and watch Leonard and Hearns. Then you see Duran and Benitez and Hagler and you become fans with all their great fights and you find Barkley. You look at lots of Barkley fights because he's exciting and you see Toney. Then you see a guy who has gone from MW to HW and been exciting and skillful throughout all his career. I can't fathom how most people don't follow this sort of path because everyone here would have done the same type of thing.

Is it just that some people are a bit thick? Or is it that they get scarily obsessed and stalk this one guy or some ****e like that? Makes you feel a bit sorry for them. :dunce:

BattlingNelson
12-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Maii and pac is taking up around 80% of NSB as it is today. It can only get worse as the fight is still 3 month away.

I'm not posting nearly as much as I used to and it's because the lack of moderation ie. threadmerging etc.

RightCross94
12-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Maii and pac is taking up around 80% of NSB as it is today. It can only get worse as the fight is still 3 month away.

I'm not posting nearly as much as I used to and it's because the lack of moderation ie. threadmerging etc.

What I dread is the aftermath. God what if Floyd wins a disputed decision.......The site will crash for days!!

Like I'm a big Floyd fan and also a Pacquiao fan, and it would be awesome seeing a top fight with Floyd winning a competitive UD (my prediction)

But as you all know a competitive fight in NSB always means the loser was robbed and can you imagine the whining and *****ing from the *******s, and the 50 threads by Horus and Burner justifying the decision?? It would be so terrible I would probably just laugh.

GJC
12-19-2009, 11:14 AM
That is basically what it comes down to isn't? :nonono:

I struggle to understand how it's possible. If you like music, you don't like only one band. If you got into music because of one band you find other similar bands very quickly and start enjoying their music too. Then you see other styles and get an appreciation for them and in a very short time you find yourself listening to all kinds and genres and styles and you consider that first band the one and only ultimate band with no others existing. It's the same with boxing.

Maybe if you got into it through Pac, you would enjoy watching some other aggressive guys like Katsidis or Bradley, and if you like Mayweather then you like other skilled boxers like Guzman, Rigondeaux, Hopkins etc etc etc. How can someone only enjoy one guy and not see all the other stuff that is out there without being a fan of everything?

It makes no sense to me. :dunno:

The of course, when you like a particular style you look for other similar guys. You like fast, aggressive, skillful fighters so you go and watch Leonard and Hearns. Then you see Duran and Benitez and Hagler and you become fans with all their great fights and you find Barkley. You look at lots of Barkley fights because he's exciting and you see Toney. Then you see a guy who has gone from MW to HW and been exciting and skillful throughout all his career. I can't fathom how most people don't follow this sort of path because everyone here would have done the same type of thing.

Is it just that some people are a bit thick? Or is it that they get scarily obsessed and stalk this one guy or some ****e like that? Makes you feel a bit sorry for them. :dunce:

Good points Benny and others. You don't only ever read one book, see one film etc.
Indulge me for a moment, the picture I have up is of Joe Baksi.
Now when I was 8 my father a big boxing fan took me to see Baksi against Freddie Mills. Baksi not the most skilled fighter nearly killed Freddie and I thought that Baksi was about the toughest guy I had ever seen and that surely he could beat any man alive. When I got my Dad to take me to his next fight in London where he repeated the treatment on Wood**** I was certain. Now I do remember my father mentioning a fellow by the name of Joe Louis who was doing quite well at the time. :)
So I started to follow the sport pasionately and was lucky to be around in an era where there were some great fighters. I loved Marciano, now with a bit more knowledge I realise that the Rock wasn't the most gifted fighter to lace on a pair of gloves, but even now when someone makes a justified criticism of him i'll admit it hurts.
Thing is its like women, you'll always have a first love but it generally isn't the person you are with now.
Baksi will always be my first love so to speak and I will always have a part of me that thinks that he would have beaten Louis if he would have fought him in the summer of 1947, but if I would have stopped with him I would have missed 60 years of great fights and fighters.
Enjoy the great fighters of the past present and future, they have a short peak so enjoy it. Don't try and place them as an ATG, enjoy their career and when it is over and the whole story is written try then to place them in a historical context.
Don't limit yourself to white,black, hispanic or any other fighter or you'll miss out on so many great fighters. Boxing is a multi racial sport and is the better for it.

The strength of this site is that somebody like myself a 70 y.o. white guy from England can have a chat/argument with a 18 y.o. black guy from America. We probably have nothing else in common but a love for a great sport, hopefully we'll respect each others views maybe learn a different point of view off each other.
Anyhow thats my two penneth on or possibly off (!) the subject.

Ziggy Stardust
12-19-2009, 11:46 AM
What I dread is the aftermath. God what if Floyd wins a disputed decision.......The site will crash for days!!

Like I'm a big Floyd fan and also a Pacquiao fan, and it would be awesome seeing a top fight with Floyd winning a competitive UD (my prediction)

But as you all know a competitive fight in NSB always means the loser was robbed and can you imagine the whining and *****ing from the *******s, and the 50 threads by Horus and Burner justifying the decision?? It would be so terrible I would probably just laugh.

What if Pac wins a close decision? Burner aka Flawless will start 200 threads within a mere hours screaming how Floyd "got robbed".

Poet

the point giver
12-19-2009, 12:22 PM
the point giver hath blessed many in this thread, and the point giver feels your pain.

the point giver notices precious little mention of up and coming fights, and fighters other than the big 2.

happy holidays from the point giver.

Shadow boxer 3
12-19-2009, 12:34 PM
NSB has turned to ****. a decent, logical thread gets no replies but a bull**** thread, bait thread, or hate thread gets over 100 pages. pathetic

Dynamite Kid
12-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Agree with TS. NSB was jam packed with trolls already, but since the Pacquiao vs Cotto fight ended its been taken over by nothing but trolls/nuthuggers.

I come in the History section because you can have real convo with real fans.

NSB should be renamed NSI, Non stop idiots.:boxing:

cooper5
12-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Getting to the point I look for the threads titled "Comments for" from BIGPOPPAPUMP. They are hidden among the two hundred Mayweather and Pacquiao threads started each day.

RightCross94
12-19-2009, 06:55 PM
What if Pac wins a close decision? Burner aka Flawless will start 200 threads within a mere hours screaming how Floyd "got robbed".

Poet

Of course he will, but if Floyd wins a close decision, there will be 50 ******* equivalents of Burner making threads, as opposed to just Burner and Horus if Floyd loses.

Also I don't think Burner is Flawless, Flawless was just an idiot taking the piss out of all of us, he was a white guy from Australia pretending to be black and just causing trouble. Burner is a different guy.

Thread Stealer
12-20-2009, 12:07 AM
When the fight is about to happen I think I'll start a thread laughing at all the idiots who said the fight wouldn't happen because one guy was "scared" and use wonderful arguments such as "he won't call him out in public" or a report from some obscure biased website, or the words of the ever-so-consistent Freddie Roach and Floyd Mayweather.

Thread Stealer
12-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Here's a prime example of the stupidity and hero-worship that plagues NSB.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340535

Actually it's not just here though. Over at ESB, when Pacquiao and Hatton were haggling over money and Pacquiao refused an offer, I remember someone starting a thread saying "I'm glad Pacquiao turned down the fight because he deserves more money".

SMH @ someone being happy that a big fight that's good for the sport would NOT take place because of money that you'll never see one cent of.

Celebrating how much money another man makes is the epitome of celebrity worship/homosexuality.

Still, I'd rather boxing be filled with fans who are idiots, then having no fans at all.

TBear
12-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Still, I'd rather boxing be filled with fans who are idiots, then having no fans at all.

Good point!!

They are hidden among the two hundred Mayweather and Pacquiao threads started each day.

Each hour!

Squabbles94806
12-23-2009, 03:16 PM
yeah, i might have to swtich forums. That NSB is turning into a "bopper hangout." That's what you might call, the trendy side of BS. So? Has anyone heard of BNB? LoL.

tyger
12-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I thinks it's a good idea to avoid any thread about either Mayweather or Pacquiao for now. I will post on other threads there only.

boxing_great
12-24-2009, 06:26 AM
I hate when my good threads receive few replies but if there's an article about mayweather doing a **** , he gets 500+ replies.

TopContender
12-25-2009, 02:05 PM
there are 100 *******s for every 10 *****s.....too many *******s on this site....you don't believe me??? pacquiao was ranked higher than Muhammad Ali on an ATG list....WTF???

Yeah well Muhammad Ali only won 1 weight class, Pacquiao won 7! 7>1, it's basic math!

That is standard ******* logic and probably their actual reasoning for putting Pac above Ali.

Marcov
12-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I will post on the threads having to do with any other boxer and any other news. I refuse to get caught up in the countless debates. It would make the forum a better place if as a group members boycott the threads about "the two fighters dominating the NSB. There are so many other fighters to discuss and so many other fights.

boxing_great
12-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I will post on the threads having to do with any other boxer and any other news. I refuse to get caught up in the countless debates. It would make the forum a better place if as a group members boycott the threads about "the two fighters dominating the NSB. There are so many other fighters to discuss and so many other fights.

fken tell me about it.
seriously, they should create another subforum about these pac and floyd threads...
people are who in love with those 2 fighters cuz they no know no1 else should be moved to another section of this site.

aldiansyah
12-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Crying? nah.. I laugh a lot though ;)

tyger
12-28-2009, 06:13 AM
I had to go back 4 pages to find a thread that wasn't about "the fight" There are alot of fighters and future fights to discuss. But unless it's about the one fight you can't do it any more.
All threads about the fight should be moved to a certain section.

Bigdaddy_Vh
12-28-2009, 03:20 PM
i have offered to be a moderator over there to help start cleaning that place up but havent heard any kind of response. its getting ridiculous.

Andrew Cuff V2
12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I had to go back 4 pages to find a thread that wasn't about "the fight" There are alot of fighters and future fights to discuss. But unless it's about the one fight you can't do it any more.
All threads about the fight should be moved to a certain section.

No there isn't. There is only one fight that can be discussed stupid. And if you don't agree with my narrow minded opinion then you are a hater.

That is the logic of NSB. Absolute BS!

boxing_great
12-30-2009, 06:13 AM
im sick to death of any news relating to pac/ FLoyd, it is making this site and boxing in general so sad and pathetic!!and repetitious to the **** house!

El Jesus
12-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I thought i could deal with the excess of threads, but when i went to the board today, i simply decided i really didint care anymore. my interest in the actual fight is there, but there is nothing new to discuss. i see thread after thread and the same 7 people are in there saying the same 7 things. im almost...dissapointed to see it like this.

Ill be honest. I liked things alot better when mayweather wasnt on top, his detractors are obessed with him and his obessors are all over the place. The thing is, mayweather hasnt lost, thus a new leigon of fans come every year wishing and hoping he gets removed. But now that pac has gotten to the top, pac has an internet leigon like ****ing nobody else.

And now you click on NSB and you see the culmination of an unmoderated mess.

HaglerSteelChin
12-31-2009, 01:24 AM
Yea It's fukn pathetic.
These posters would literally wank over their boxer, can't believe how much somebody is willing to stick up for a boxer they hardly know other than seeing them on a ****en screen.
every fkn thread, floyd this floyd that. pac this pac that.
do they know anything about the sport outside of those 2 fkd up boxers..
NSB is really getting monotonous, and repetitive...

People assume that you take sides with fighters- you must be a ***** or a *******. I didnt even know what those things were to i saw NSB threads. Yes i do think for some people the sport evolves around 2 fighters, but the sport has been around for over 130 years in a professional sense.

I personally dont care too much about pac vs may if these 2 guys are not eager enough to sign for a possible $40 Million payday than we should we be eager to thow $60 on that PPV fight?

BennyST
12-31-2009, 02:00 AM
I thought i could deal with the excess of threads, but when i went to the board today, i simply decided i really didint care anymore. my interest in the actual fight is there, but there is nothing new to discuss. i see thread after thread and the same 7 people are in there saying the same 7 things. im almost...dissapointed to see it like this.

Ill be honest. I liked things alot better when mayweather wasnt on top, his detractors are obessed with him and his obessors are all over the place. The thing is, mayweather hasnt lost, thus a new leigon of fans come every year wishing and hoping he gets removed. But now that pac has gotten to the top, pac has an internet leigon like ****ing nobody else.

Spot on brother! I hear ya! Praise the Lord, hallelujah!

When I do actually click onto NSB, I take one look at it, click off it and then come straight here and TC. Just can't be bothered anymore with it.

Surely some of these people aren't really that deluded? :nonono:

boxing_great
12-31-2009, 05:12 AM
Spot on brother! I hear ya! Praise the Lord, hallelujah!

When I do actually click onto NSB, I take one look at it, click off it and then come straight here and TC. Just can't be bothered anymore with it.

Surely some of these people aren't really that deluded? :nonono:

Besides, I don't even think this fight will live anywhere near expectations.What's the bet if it happens it will be a stinker.
Fights that are normally over hyped like this end up being stinkers.
Good fights aren't manufactured.
Good fights are born.

JAB5239
12-31-2009, 06:21 AM

An accurate and excellent observation. I agree 100%!