View Full Version : Roadwork

simeraksou
11-28-2004, 04:48 PM
is there an advantage to doing roadwork in the morning? most people seem to do it in the early morning..

phallus
11-28-2004, 04:55 PM
is there an advantage to doing roadwork in the morning? most people seem to do it in the early morning..

yeah, there's a couple of adv's, less traffic to worry about, and it wakes u up - all that cold air first thing in the morning is just like a cold shower

spinksjinx
11-28-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah, there's a couple of adv's, less traffic to worry about, and it wakes u up - all that cold air first thing in the morning is just like a cold shower

Great post...Here is some karma

Also when trying to shed extra pounds to make weight it is beneficial in the morning as well as you can burn more fat in the mornings....

elveiel
11-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Great post...Here is some karma

Also when trying to shed extra pounds to make weight it is beneficial in the morning as well as you can burn more fat in the mornings....

I normally run early morning or late afternoon, it probably better running in the morning but sometimes i cant get out of bed, I dont sleep enough anyway!

All i know is I HATE ROADWORK!! I change my style to suit my fitness, at the moment i'm doing zero roadwork so i'm just counter punching. When i start my roadwork i'll be pressure fighting again, its cool to spar unfit because you need your skills more, being a lazy ****er has helped me get better at boxing!!

I cant believe i'm starting road work again soon :(

leff
11-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Many reasons.

1 its a nice way to start the day.
2 it wakes you upp.
3 its long since the last meal, which means your light and not heavy in the tummy
4 its better for the metabolism.
5 It quiet and little traffic.
6Its easier to sleep at night when running in the morning.
7 Sunrise is beautiful

spinksjinx
11-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Many reasons.

1 its a nice way to start the day.
2 it wakes you upp.
3 its long since the last meal, which means your light and not heavy in the tummy
4 its better for the metabolism.
5 It quiet and little traffic.
6Its easier to sleep at night when running in the morning.
7 Sunrise is beautiful

How can it be a nice way to start the day and beautiful when it is 24 degrees outside and it is balls cold freezing? :D

Winter sucks for roadwork, but something I must maintain.

leff
11-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Listen it was 11minus this morning, i dont know what thats in your type of measuring but its cold.

Just think of the name Norway. The way north...................... i know cold.

The winter is beatyful.

And yes its nice except for the ball thing, thats what i hate with it.

spinksjinx
11-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Listen it was 11minus this morning, i dont know what thats in your type of measuring but its cold.

Just think of the name Norway. The way north...................... i know cold.

The winter is beatyful.

And yes its nice except for the ball thing, thats what i hate with it.

Is that celsius or fahrenheit???

Wow thats cold already, Can you keep the cold out of your lungs? Whenever I do my roadwork when it is pretty cold it fills my lungs up and burns...

leff
11-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Celcius, can you explain me how much it is compared to fahrenheit, its quite difficult to keep it out off the loungs while breathing.

spinksjinx
11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Celcius, can you explain me how much it is compared to fahrenheit, its quite difficult to keep it out off the loungs while breathing.

Thats 12 degrees fahrenheit, Cold very Cold...

Dyl-G
11-29-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah i dont like the cold air, it burns the hell out of my throat and makes my nose start to run, and drys up my eyes.what are you gonna do? cant change the weather

phallus
11-29-2004, 11:22 PM
I normally run early morning or late afternoon, it probably better running in the morning but sometimes i cant get out of bed, I dont sleep enough anyway!

All i know is I HATE ROADWORK!! I change my style to suit my fitness, at the moment i'm doing zero roadwork so i'm just counter punching. When i start my roadwork i'll be pressure fighting again, its cool to spar unfit because you need your skills more, being a lazy ****er has helped me get better at boxing!!

I cant believe i'm starting road work again soon :(

You're a swarmer too? that's my best style, but i have to be IN SHAPE

P@pasmurf
11-30-2004, 11:24 AM
roadwork in the AM, in the cold.... ugh

elveiel
11-30-2004, 12:39 PM
You're a swarmer too? that's my best style, but i have to be IN SHAPE

I'm too impatient to sit back and box, i like to pressure for the full 3 mins, sometimes i'm use the ring but its when i want too, i wont let anyone push me back!!

The only problem is it hurts like hell to work body and head for a full 3 mins, thats why i mix it up abit with my training. I'm never a full fitness for too long or i'll burn out!!

:)

andreyd
01-21-2005, 09:49 AM
probably better running in the morning

Mr. Ryan
01-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Boxers go running in the morning because it gives them time to recover before they do their boxing workouts. I live in Jersey and did my road work today, it was like 20 degrees outside. The cold air made my nose bleed because of my breathing patterns.

Pugnacious_Z
02-17-2005, 02:34 AM
are you sure cold air gets u thinner then hot?

ophqui
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
^no, it doesnt, and im not sure that anyone actually said that wither.

Running in the morning is a good idea because there isnt really another appropriate time (well, for me anyway). I have school all day, and i like to go out in the evenings when im not training, so the only time that i have to do it is first thing in the mornings.

From a health point of view running in the evenings gets the adrenaline going and messes up sleeping patterns

m00ks
02-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Is that celsius or fahrenheit???

Wow thats cold already, Can you keep the cold out of your lungs? Whenever I do my roadwork when it is pretty cold it fills my lungs up and burns...

Yo spinks got a question, I wa laways worried about getting sick running in cold weather. Here in montreal it can go form -10 to
-15 degree celcisus on a nice day. Still, when i sweat and I'm exposed to cold weather, I'm worried of getting sick. Is this a myth or do I have to dress accordingly and I would be fine? Do I wear as little clothing as comfortably possible?

jack_the_rippuh
02-17-2005, 03:56 PM
What does a swarmer like you do when he's facing a big hitter, who's very very strong on the inside??

Mr. Ryan
02-17-2005, 04:25 PM
What does a swarmer like you do when he's facing a big hitter, who's very very strong on the inside??
He does what I do, Pray.