View Full Version : Who are the best boxing brothers of all time?

prometheuslord
12-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Vitali and Wlad Klitschko?
Khaokor and Khaosai Galaxy?
Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez?
Muhammad and Rahman Ali, because of Ali's sheer badassness?
Who do you think it is and why?

sonnyboyx2
12-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Leon & Michael Spinks - both was undisputed champions of the world

1SILVA
12-12-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm partial to the galaxy's and the Marquez's

1SILVA
12-12-2009, 01:04 PM

How about worst brother combos like the Judahs and the hattons?

BG_Knocc_Out
12-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Klitschko's, due to them just being so dominant for years now.

Sugarr
12-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Without a doubt, the Klitschko's.

al22tec
12-12-2009, 07:49 PM
marquez and spinks.

ChiTown2Diego
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
just watched the Rafael Marquez and Mark too sharp Johnson fights.

Can someone shed some knowledge - Question:

At end of their first fight johnson is declared the winner. Box rec shows Rafael as the winner and Johnson the loser. On their second fight they talk about Rafael winning the first fight. WTF?? what happened? they correct some mistake and later declared Rafa the true winner of the first fight???

Marcov
12-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Michael and Leon history, remember Hagler had a half brother Robbie Sims, Meldrick Taylor's brother Myron challenged for a title and Muhammad Ali's brother fought as a pro too. And Max Baer's brother Buddy.

The Klitschko's are as accomplished as any, too bad they reigned at the exact same time.

cooper5
12-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Klitschko or Marquez lately. Hey Markov you forgot Tony and Mike Ayala, Dwight Muhammad Qawi and Tony Braxton and Earnie and Danny Lopez.

prometheuslord
12-13-2009, 01:23 AM
i like the spinks brothers myself in terms of legacy, although they weren't always the most fun to watch

1SILVA
12-13-2009, 01:42 AM
i like the spinks brothers myself in terms of legacy, although they weren't always the most fun to watch

Donald and Bruce Curry were both world champs.

Heru
12-13-2009, 03:28 AM
just watched the Rafael Marquez and Mark too sharp Johnson fights.

Can someone shed some knowledge - Question:

At end of their first fight johnson is declared the winner. Box rec shows Rafael as the winner and Johnson the loser. On their second fight they talk about Rafael winning the first fight. WTF?? what happened? they correct some mistake and later declared Rafa the true winner of the first fight???

They made a mistake on the tallying of the cards, they corrected it afterward. Lampley said how they gave them the info at the beginning of the 2nd fight.

The answer to this question is between the Marquez' and Klitschko's. Both Marquez' are future Hall of Famers, both Klitschko's if they aren't are pretty close to it.

Only Michael Spinks is a Hall of Famer in that brother combination, so I wouldn't say them.

That said, the Marquez brothers are the best boxing brothers of all time.

sonnyboyx2
12-13-2009, 06:23 AM
They made a mistake on the tallying of the cards, they corrected it afterward. Lampley said how they gave them the info at the beginning of the 2nd fight.

The answer to this question is between the Marquez' and Klitschko's. Both Marquez' are future Hall of Famers, both Klitschko's if they aren't are pretty close to it.

Only Michael Spinks is a Hall of Famer in that brother combination, so I wouldn't say them.

That said, the Marquez brothers are the best boxing brothers of all time.

The Spinks brothers beat a host of Hall of fame Fighters, both was Olympic Gold medal winners - Throw in Cory Spinks and the Spinks family reign supreme... Klitschko, Marquez bro`s dont come close.

cez
12-13-2009, 07:29 AM
i like the klitschko brothers

Heru
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
The Spinks brothers beat a host of Hall of fame Fighters, both was Olympic Gold medal winners - Throw in Cory Spinks and the Spinks family reign supreme... Klitschko, Marquez bro`s dont come close.

Do you want to list the host of Hall of Famers Leon Spinks beat? 1 win over a past it and out of shape Ali is not enough to make him a Hall of Famer. Michael Spinks is great and has an excellent resume, but Leon is and does not.

Both Marquez brothers have been ranked top 15 by The Ring since 2003 and are future Hall of Famers, both Spinks' are not and will never be. The Klitschko's are probably Hall of Famers too, Leon hasn't ever gotten consideration.

The question is best boxing brothers of all time, not family, and for you to say it's not even close shows that you need to review the fighters in question. The Marquez' and Klitschko's are close even if you add Cory to the mix.

mickey malone
12-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Gaby & Orlando Canizales were my favs.. Great resumes

Zarco
12-14-2009, 03:07 AM
I would say the Marquez brothers are, both were champions in more than one division and both reached the Top 10 P4P list.

BennyST
12-15-2009, 11:13 PM
I would have to go with the Marquez brothers. Not only because they are actually the best brother combination but also because they married sisters. Freaky!

As MM mentioned, the Canizales' were also brilliant. Especially Orlando but Gaby was pretty damn good too.

Still, for both being great I think you would have to go with the Marquez bro's. Both multiple weight, long time champs, both P4P rated champs, both with great resumes and both future HOFers. Both fought the best their divisions had to offer and both are two of the best champs of their era.

BEEHOP
12-16-2009, 05:14 AM
I had high hopes for the peterson brothers.

Maybe they still can be.

chimeara27
12-18-2009, 09:36 PM
for me it's Vitali and Wlad Klitschko.

Obama
12-18-2009, 09:52 PM
The Marquez brothers are the only two brothers to be rated in the top 10 p4p at the same time I believe.