View Full Version : Carl Froch talks about Calzaghe

hitterwitter
04-20-2005, 08:31 AM
“I am starting to feel sorry for the Calzaghes,” began Froch.

“Every time they attempt to fend off one of my challenges to them, they leave themselves wide open.

“It is becoming a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

“Firstly Joe’s dad attempted to price his boy out of the market by asking for £1 million to fight me.

“Now that hasn’t washed, Joe has come out saying that I am miles away from being good enough to fight him.

“Sorry to do this to you Joe; but let’s take a look at your last two opponents.

“We have the all conquering Mger Mkrtchian, ranked at a lofty 34 by the WBC.

“Then lets not forget the outstanding Kabary Salem, who isn’t even ranked by the organisation, yet stretched you 12 rounds.

“Whereas I am ranked 22nd and my next opponent Henry Porras is ranked 11th.

“Its more*like I'm too good. I think it is you Joe who have been fighting nobodies.”

“In my opinion its fighters like you, sitting in the comfort zone and only taking soft touches, that have led to Sky scaling down their boxing coverage.

Froch added: “I don’t think much of your next opponent Mario Veit either; he was bad enough the first time round.

“Where are you going to go after that? It seems you have already lost out on the Lacy fight.

“Like I said last time, all your team do is reel off a series of names: Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins and Glencoffe Johnson have all been mentioned.

“Nothing ever happens.

“So come on and give the fans what they want to see, a good old world class domestic dust up.

“Me versus you would be an even better fight than Benn vs Eubank I.

“If you’re scared of losing your title, keep it. Lets just have a 12 round International contest.

“In this day and age its not always about the belts, it is more important to make the big fights.

“Nothing is standing in the way of this fight happening, so long as your promoter is reasonable and doesn’t look for options.

“You have an easy fight to get through.

“I have a much tougher proposition in Porras, but I am going to do a number on him.

“Lets do it: winner meets winner.

“This isn’t about the publicity, why would I want to get that off the back of you Joe – in my opinion all you get is bad publicity or a mention in the South Wales Argus.

“I genuinely want this fight.”

The Cobra added: “Joe, you say you would smash me. So why then don’t you stop talking rubbish and walk the walk?

“You say my hands are down, you’re right they are - that’s the way I fight. But you are wrong about my chin being in the air. Why don’t you come try and catch it?

“And at least I don’t slap and tickle.

“Once my combinations start landing on your kisser, you are getting KO’d.”

barryboy
04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
:D I like Froch he's a funny guy, can't see this fight happening though, too much for Calzaghe to lose and Froch doesn't bring anything to the table at this point, Joe looks to be fading though so the longer it takes to make the fight the better it is for Froch imo.

Sn1
04-20-2005, 06:06 PM
:D I like Froch he's a funny guy, can't see this fight happening though, too much for Calzaghe to lose and Froch doesn't bring anything to the table at this point, Joe looks to be fading though so the longer it takes to make the fight the better it is for Froch imo.
it would be a top fight.

calzaghe is running scared lol

paul750
04-20-2005, 06:16 PM
it's good to see a uk fighter be as ambitious as froch is, a lot of guys in the past like calzaghe have been stuck in the comfort zone for far too long

Sn1
04-20-2005, 06:23 PM
so is the guy froch is fighting any good ?

he needs some sterner tests before facing calzaghe IMO

J !
04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
sure but he is fighting a guy ranked 10 by thew wbc i think or one of the bodies anyway.

not that counts for much these days.

ophqui
04-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Why does froch want to fight calzaghe exactly? Froch is by far the better boxer, and calzaghes title is pretty meaningless. Froch is just starting to break into world level boxing, he dont need this fight, he needs to start fighting the better world level oppionents, not worrying about domestic reputations (which is clearly what this is about) and fading fighters like calzaghe

adietheforestfa
12-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Froch would Knock calzaghes block off.
Calzaghe will dodge the cobra
Manfredo?????????? what a joke. who next? Phil Tuffnell or the bloke from busted?

BigMKO
12-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Calzaghe would ****in kill Froch, anyone with 1/100th of a brain knows that. Before the Lacy fight Froch called Calzaghe out every other day, but now he just sort of lightly suggests it as a possible future fight. I'd love to see Calzaghe knock the **** out of Carl's mouth.

dumdane
12-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Calzaghe would ****in kill Froch, anyone with 1/100th of a brain knows that. Before the Lacy fight Froch called Calzaghe out every other day, but now he just sort of lightly suggests it as a possible future fight. I'd love to see Calzaghe knock the **** out of Carl's mouth.

For once i agree with Calzaghe.
Froch needs to prove himselv way more before he in any way deserves a shot at Calzaghe. And frankly he doesn't have what it takes to do so.
Froch is WAY too ****y for a 29 yo who has yet to achieve anything.

But in a way i'd like to see Calzaghe shut him up big time.
One of a very few fights where i'd be rooting for Joe.

PATO 1
12-14-2006, 01:46 PM
since when did manfredo,pudwill,ashira,salem,bika,mcyintre ever prove themself

BigMKO
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
goddamn bull**** starts off again about quality of opposition... I can do the exact same thing on marvin hagler.. all the people hagler beat were ****.. i can say that by default. i can assume that going down in ranks of his opponents they were all ****. you can just ****ing assume like that. im not sure people will understand what i mean, but Calzaghe is a ****ing great champion whether he's beat any "greats" or not.

phallus
12-16-2006, 02:50 AM
goddamn bull**** starts off again about quality of opposition... I can do the exact same thing on marvin hagler.. all the people hagler beat were ****.. i can say that by default. i can assume that going down in ranks of his opponents they were all ****. you can just ****ing assume like that. im not sure people will understand what i mean, but Calzaghe is a ****ing great champion whether he's beat any "greats" or not.

calzaghe is a good champion, he's beaten quality opponents like robin reid, even though reid was old or shot or whatever, a win is still a win. i'd say calzghe is good but it's a lil early to call him great... he needs to fight kessler and then hops at 175

adietheforestfa
12-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Are you having a laugh.
Look at Calzaghes record. He only fights blown up light middles or bums. Evans Ashira was to fight Takaloo couple of years ago?????

Manfredo Jnr What a Joke. If He had the Balls He would sell out a venue for the first time. Even v Lacy arena not even 1/2 full.

List of decent fighters Calzaghe could have fought but has avoided

Johnson
Jones Jnr
Tarver
Hopkins
Woods
Kessler
Beyer

Hey only my opinion iv been a keen boxing follower for many years and i think Froch is the real deal.

I realy hope we get to see this fight, I would pay to watch it.
Promoters should give fihgt fans what they want instead of hyping up one sided yawn fights. I would love to see the following fights, all british all would be proper fights what do you think????????????

Haye v Macrenelli
Calzaghe v Froch
Witter v Hatton

adietheforestfa
12-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Are you having a laugh.
Look at Calzaghes record. He only fights blown up light middles or bums. Evans Ashira was to fight Takaloo couple of years ago?????

Manfredo Jnr What a Joke. If He had the Balls He would sell out a venue for the first time. Even v Lacy arena not even 1/2 full.

Johnson
Jones Jnr
Tarver
Hopkins
Woods
Kessler
Beyer

Hey only my opinion iv been a keen boxing follower for many years and i think Froch is the real deal.

I realy hope we get to see this fight, I would pay to watch it.
Promoters should give fihgt fans what they want instead of hyping up one sided yawn fights. I would love to see the following fights, all british all would be proper fights what do you think????????????

Haye v Macrenelli
Calzaghe v Froch
Witter v Hatton

adietheforestfa
12-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Calzaghe is a Chicken **** and will neva fight froch or woods. I would like to see what Calzaghes old man would say when Froch knocks out Joe with a sweet uppercut. He is such a tosser.
Anyway the geeaer who says Hagler only fought bums. Hearns wasnt bad. Did he not fight Minter too??????
Go on joe carry on dodging, maybee if he took some decent fight he would get recognition he craves and maybee a horse rider woulnt win sports personality of year.
Hatton or Witter deserved it more than Calzaghe. I would take Witter to beat Hatton anyway be v close though i like them both just htik witter would be too smart for Hatton Pick him off and frustrate. Hattons very open at times and Witter hits hard. wot do you think????????

medium-deek
12-16-2006, 09:08 PM

Johnson
Jones Jnr
Tarver
Hopkins
Woods
Kessler
Beyer

All right, whose alt are you?

Joe avoided Tarver? Tarver was the first name he called out after destroying Lacy. Tarver was interested, but has sinced backed down after getting his ass handed to him by Hopkins.

Everyone knows Hopkins backed out of a deal to fight Joe by doubling his financial demands.

Everyone knows Joe was targetting Johnson. Unfortunately, Johnson ****ed up (or was robbed in my opinion) against Woods. Thus a fight with Johnson became a non event.

Who cares about Beyer? Beyer was a shot fighter. Everyone knows that.

Kessler is a credible opponant. But there are far bigger fishes across the Atlantic for Joe: Taylor or Winky or even Hopkins if his fight with Maskaev falls through.

So STFU.

gangland_kingpi
12-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Calzaghe is a Chicken **** and will neva fight froch or woods. I would like to see what Calzaghes old man would say when Froch knocks out Joe with a sweet uppercut. He is such a tosser.
Anyway the geeaer who says Hagler only fought bums. Hearns wasnt bad. Did he not fight Minter too??????
Go on joe carry on dodging, maybee if he took some decent fight he would get recognition he craves and maybee a horse rider woulnt win sports personality of year.
Hatton or Witter deserved it more than Calzaghe. I would take Witter to beat Hatton anyway be v close though i like them both just htik witter would be too smart for Hatton Pick him off and frustrate. Hattons very open at times and Witter hits hard. wot do you think????????

I assume this is tongue in cheek as Hearns was an excellent fighter, his only problem being the strength of his chin which I now believe had a lot to do with his spindly legs.

dave777
12-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I think Froch-Calzaghe will never happen.

Just like Benn, Collins, Watson - Calzaghe never happened.

Joe is 34 now, so he has got another 3-4 years left.

Frotch will take over when Jow quits (just like Jow took over from benn etc when they quit).

Franko
12-17-2006, 05:38 PM

I think you'll find that plenty avoided Calzaghe.
I would personally like to have seen Calzaghe fight Froch instead of Manfredo, because i don't believe he'll get much credit for beating Manfredo.
Although Manfredo is a very good fighter i think Calzaghe will have too much for him, but IMO this fight has been made to give Calzaghe further exposure in the states.
Carl Froch would pose a bigger threat than Manfredo IMO, but although i would like to see Calzaghe V Froch, i think that Froch maybe needs to fight a better level of opponent to push his claims further i.e. Froch's past four fights have been against Dodson, Magee, Westerman, and Groenewald (i think that's how you spell it) and Calzaghe's have been against Bika, Lacy, Ashira, and Veit... A bit of a contrast IMO.

adietheforestfa
01-18-2007, 06:18 PM
All right, whose alt are you?

Joe avoided Tarver? Tarver was the first name he called out after destroying Lacy. Tarver was interested, but has sinced backed down after getting his ass handed to him by Hopkins.

Everyone knows Hopkins backed out of a deal to fight Joe by doubling his financial demands.

Everyone knows Joe was targetting Johnson. Unfortunately, Johnson ****ed up (or was robbed in my opinion) against Woods. Thus a fight with Johnson became a non event.

Who cares about Beyer? Beyer was a shot fighter. Everyone knows that.

Kessler is a credible opponant. But there are far bigger fishes across the Atlantic for Joe: Taylor or Winky or even Hopkins if his fight with Maskaev falls through.

So STFU.

Bit touchy arnt we, GET THE FIGHT ON FRANK WARREN!!!!!!!!!
Manfredo, i havent stopped laughin since it was anounced.
Have they sold any tickets yet for this????? if was on my back garden id draw the curtains.

Jim_Davis
01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I hope Calzaghe beats the **** out of Froch's bent lopsided face. Froch aint on Calzaghe's level. WHO THE **** IS CARL FROCH? Manfredo will amke Calzaghe much more money than Froch ever will. And I heard Froch got offered the fight with Calzaghe a while ago but turned it down because he wasn't ready.

Liaison
01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I***8217;ve really grown to like Frotch in recent months. He***8217;s a good fighter with an effective style that will give any SMW titlist a scare. In a few years, he will become No 1 at SMW. And he***8217;s got a big month and charisma which will help him get media attention.

As of now, Calzaghe will batter the utter living **** out of him. I don***8217;t mind fighter leaving their hands low sometimes but he does it all the time. I don***8217;t think Cal would KO him as he***8217;s got one of the best chins in the business, but he***8217;d be made to look a fool all night and a stoppage on cuts/broken jaw is a possibility unless he shapes up and cuts that **** out.

jangeorg
01-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Calzaghe-Manfredo is a joke of a fight. Calzaghe-Froch is an even bigger joke of a fight. It's funny how British fans bad mouth Manfredo (got no problem with that). Saying he's unworthy and doesn't deserve a title shot (so very true). Than turn around and say Calzaghe should fight Froch (can't even begin to explain the stupidity in that). What the **** has this 29 year old,Carl Froch in the making, so-called prospect accomplished to deserve a title shot? Not a damn thing. Yet according to the British, he's close to ATG status. It's stupidity. All of it. And you can blame one person for this. Joe Calzaghe. If he would have the balls to fight Kessler, we wouldn't hear **** about Froch. Or Manfredo

Welter_Skelter
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Calzaghe-Manfredo is a joke of a fight. Calzaghe-Froch is an even bigger joke of a fight. It's funny how British fans bad mouth Manfredo (got no problem with that). Saying he's unworthy and doesn't deserve a title shot (so very true). Than turn around and say Calzaghe should fight Froch (can't even begin to explain the stupidity in that). What the **** has this 29 year old,Carl Froch in the making, so-called prospect accomplished to deserve a title shot? Not a damn thing. Yet according to the British, he's close to ATG status. It's stupidity. All of it. And you can blame one person for this. Joe Calzaghe. If he would have the balls to fight Kessler, we wouldn't hear **** about Froch. Or Manfredo
Carl Froch would Murder your precious Kessler ..He would ****ing demolish him..
Do you ever post anything else? STFU already

dave777
01-19-2007, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9nbqR80AzQ

There was a riot at one of Froch's fights (above)

The actual fight below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogtRYUzMb4

jangeorg
01-20-2007, 03:29 AM
Carl Froch would Murder your precious Kessler ..He would ****ing demolish him..
Do you ever post anything else? STFU already

The true hurts,dosent ******* :owned:

uppercut_84
01-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Calzaghe-Manfredo is a joke of a fight. Calzaghe-Froch is an even bigger joke of a fight.

Your a dickhead, Carl Froch is ranked 3rd by the WBC, 5th by the IBF and 4th by the WBO.

Don't worry after Kessler has fought Andrade, there will probably be a WBC final eliminator between Bute and Froch to fight Kessler. So Kessler can keep hold of his belt for a few more months.

Peder
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Your a dickhead, Carl Froch is ranked 3rd by the WBC, 5th by the IBF and 4th by the WBO.

Don't worry after Kessler has fought Andrade, there will probably be a WBC final eliminator between Bute and Froch to fight Kessler. So Kessler can keep hold of his belt for a few more months.

Bute will win that one..

dumdane
01-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Bute will win that one..

He should.
Even though he's about four years younger than Froch, he's far more talented.

Welter_Skelter
01-20-2007, 05:28 PM
You guys dont get it... You look at Froch and you think he lacks talent.. he is in complete control the whole time.. He doesnt care if he gets hit.. he is stalking.. and when he unleashes he puts his body behind it and has the power of a Heavyweight... He crushes people... he is the future..

Mikie
01-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree! Age catches up to everyone (seemingly with the exception of B-Hop) so it would suck if the waiting game is too long.

adietheforestfa
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
You guys dont get it... You look at Froch and you think he lacks talent.. he is in complete control the whole time.. He doesnt care if he gets hit.. he is stalking.. and when he unleashes he puts his body behind it and has the power of a Heavyweight... He crushes people... he is the future..
top man. someone who knows boxing. calzaghe is running scared.
i want to see
Haye vs Macrenelli
Hatton vs Witter
Froch vs Calzaghe
but i doubt any of these fights will happen

dumdane
01-23-2007, 01:12 AM

If Froch is the future he is likely only a future embarrasment to those eager to jump his band-waggon.

You say he is in complete control and at the same time doesn't care if he gets hit. That is not being in complete control. That's taking HUGE risk. Pretty soon someone with both accuracy, timing and power will cross his path and he'll pay dearly for that kind of approach. Bute and Kessler are both such ppl.

Liaison
01-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I really hope Froch doesn***8217;t become power happy like Naz did, not working on his boxing skills in the Gym, because he thought his KO Punching Power would be enough. The guy does have serious power, probably the hardest hitter in the division.

SHB
01-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Calzaghe > Froch > Kessler

It's not my fault the pastries are too ignorant to understand that simple truth.

Christ sake Kessler, fight somebody worth a damn.

Peder
01-23-2007, 09:51 AM

It's not my fault the pastries are too ignorant to understand that simple truth.

"Two-time contender loser" Peter Manfredo wasn't available..

SHB
01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I know. Shame. Would have been an even matchup that.

dumdane
01-23-2007, 11:00 AM

Yeah must admit it's really hard for Kessler to compete with Froch latest and most astonishimg accomplishment.
The savage beating of the SMW no 127 rated british superman - Tony DUDson. A fighter so skilled and so feared that.... that...ehh
Nah sorry - I can't do this. I simply haven't got the imagination to make up that kinda crap.

Welter_Skelter
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
If Froch is the future he is likely only a future embarrasment to those eager to jump his band-waggon.

You say he is in complete control and at the same time doesn't care if he gets hit. That is not being in complete control. That's taking HUGE risk. Pretty soon someone with both accuracy, timing and power will cross his path and he'll pay dearly for that kind of approach. Bute and Kessler are both such ppl.
BANDWAGON???... I heard of the guy before i even moved to England from Canada 4 and half years ago...

You seem to know me so well... If thats the case... I forgot my PIN number.. HELP!!!

kayjay
01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know if Froch is really special like Calzaghe. Calzaghe right now would have to be favored against any American in his weight range (Taylor, Hopkins, Tarver, etc.). I haven't seen much of Froch but I would (edit: not) be terribly surprised to see him beaten. He looks more like a SMW Jason Litzau than another legend like Calzaghe. But I could be wrong.

adietheforestfa
01-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope Calzaghe beats the **** out of Froch's bent lopsided face. Froch aint on Calzaghe's level. WHO THE **** IS CARL FROCH? Manfredo will amke Calzaghe much more money than Froch ever will. And I heard Froch got offered the fight with Calzaghe a while ago but turned it down because he wasn't ready.

Manfredo Lost to a Light Welter Alfonso Gomez. My Missis Could beat manfredo. and im not jokin.

Maybe calzaghe should fight Gomez he is better than Manfredo.

adietheforestfa
02-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Bute will win that one..

BUTE Will Win

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are a muppet

dumdane
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
BUTE Will Win

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are a muppet

Bute is for real

Froch is all mouth.

adietheforestfa
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Bute is for real

Froch is all mouth.

Who has Bute faught????

Froch is the business. Heavyweight power, speed, reach, granite chin.

Frock by KO in 6

dumdane
02-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Who has Bute faught????

You ask that - and then go on to praise Froch. That's just lame.

Froch is simply a small insignificant fish in the british domestic pond.
He hasn't got the format to play a role on the international stage.

adietheforestfa
02-05-2007, 06:43 PM
You ask that - and then go on to praise Froch. That's just lame.

Froch is simply a small insignificant fish in the british domestic pond.
He hasn't got the format to play a role on the international stage.

You are a funny guy.

The Wire
02-05-2007, 06:53 PM
I really didnt believe in Carl Froch but I am starting to. I actually interviewed him before his last fight and was backstage for the whole show. He's a bit nicer than he makes out but to be honest what you see is pretty much what you get!! However, his brutal knockout of Brian Magee was a wonder to behold considering his hand trouble and considering the class of Magee, and his knockout of Dodson was really impressive, although he did get caught with a couple of shots early on. He's a good fighter, though, with the ability to win a belt but beat Calzaghe? No chance.

adietheforestfa
02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I really didnt believe in Carl Froch but I am starting to. I actually interviewed him before his last fight and was backstage for the whole show. He's a bit nicer than he makes out but to be honest what you see is pretty much what you get!! However, his brutal knockout of Brian Magee was a wonder to behold considering his hand trouble and considering the class of Magee, and his knockout of Dodson was really impressive, although he did get caught with a couple of shots early on. He's a good fighter, though, with the ability to win a belt but beat Calzaghe? No chance.

your right, no chance. froch will not beat him, calzaghe doesnt have the balls to get it on.

The Wire
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
your right, no chance. froch will not beat him, calzaghe doesnt have the balls to get it on.
I dont think it's a case of Calzaghe not having the balls to get it on - Froch is still fighting at British and Commonwealth level. The Manfredo fight's bull**** but he's a big name in the States and so WILL help with exposure. Froch doesnt mean much outside of Nottingham, I'm sorry to say. He will mean more but at the moment it's not a big fight at all. Hopefully he'll get a shot at the European, which he should win, then maybe annex a world title and then Calzaghe would fight him. But at the moment Froch really hasnt earnt it, I'm sorry to say.

me2007
02-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Calzaghe just fights who is going to make him the most money, he's coming toward the end of his career and he needs money for the rest of his life...who can blame him

. All the top guys will price themselves out of range because they have a very good chance of losing and their future pay days taking a nose dive.

It doesn`t make sense him fighting Froche because it wont sell in the US, obviously Manfredo was on national TV for ages in the contender and a lot of people who dont usually watch boxing would be attracted to it so both Calzaghe and Manfredo will get huge paydays.

Froche hasn`t fough at the same level as Calzaghe...Froche would lose his unbeaten record and Calzaghe would prove nothing by beating a relatively inexperienced fighter....this fight is pointless in my humble opinion.

Nacho_Analstain
02-15-2007, 05:49 AM
froch should fight jeff lacy,lacy would probably knock his head off

calzaghe would tko the **** out of carl froch,but it wont happen,cause ur right,calzaghe wont fight froch

why is that you say?

cause froch is an unheard of bum fighting bum

adietheforestfa
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
froch should fight jeff lacy,lacy would probably knock his head off

calzaghe would tko the **** out of carl froch,but it wont happen,cause ur right,calzaghe wont fight froch

why is that you say?

cause froch is an unheard of bum fighting bum

Are you on medication? Calzaghe wont fight froch because he is afraid, very afraid. So instead he chooses to fight manfredo who has lost to a light welterweight.

Robin Reid has been offered fight with Froch but has mouthed off and gone missing.

Calzaghe is Also scared of Clinton Woods.

adietheforestfa
02-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Calzaghe just fights who is going to make him the most money, he's coming toward the end of his career and he needs money for the rest of his life...who can blame him

. All the top guys will price themselves out of range because they have a very good chance of losing and their future pay days taking a nose dive.

It doesn`t make sense him fighting Froche because it wont sell in the US, obviously Manfredo was on national TV for ages in the contender and a lot of people who dont usually watch boxing would be attracted to it so both Calzaghe and Manfredo will get huge paydays.

Froche hasn`t fough at the same level as Calzaghe...Froche would lose his unbeaten record and Calzaghe would prove nothing by beating a relatively inexperienced fighter....this fight is pointless in my humble opinion.

Calzaghe was signed up to fight Brian Magee a while back for world title.
If Magee deserved a shot why does The Cobra deserve one?? After all Froch demolished Magee with a brutal uppercut. I was there and thought Magee had been seriously hurt when he dropped face first onto canvas and didnt move for a couple of mins. Thank god he was ok and has since moved up to light heavy and recorder a good victory. Barney was unlucky to get outpointed for European Title. Froch demolished him. Damon Hague was next big star, didnt last a round with Froch. Henry Poras rated 6 or 7 by WBC when Froch battered him in 6.
Also Rated 3 by WBC. Calzaghe is a Joke. Bika? Manfredo? Ashira? cant even find these guys ratings.

adietheforestfa
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
[I heard Froch got offered the fight with Calzaghe a while ago but turned it down because he wasn't ready.[/QUOTE]

And just after you heard this did your alarm clock go off????

Nacho_Analstain
02-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Are you on medication? Calzaghe wont fight froch because he is afraid, very afraid. So instead he chooses to fight manfredo who has lost to a light welterweight.

Robin Reid has been offered fight with Froch but has mouthed off and gone missing.

Calzaghe is Also scared of Clinton Woods.

you say you know boxing,but yet you find it hard to understand that froch has nothing to offer to calzaghes career at this point,as you know calzaghe wants to fight on the big stages in america,with recognized fighters,manfredo may not be that good,but he is recognized,nobody gives a **** about carl froch at the moment,hes still an up and comer no matter how good he is

adietheforestfa
02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
you say you know boxing,but yet you find it hard to understand that froch has nothing to offer to calzaghes career at this point,as you know calzaghe wants to fight on the big stages in america,with recognized fighters,manfredo may not be that good,but he is recognized,nobody gives a **** about carl froch at the moment,hes still an up and comer no matter how good he is

You are right. Only thing he offers Calzaghe is a beating therefore ending his glorious career. This is chance for a huge domestic showdown like we used to get. Froch v Calzaghe would be like Eubank, Benn, Watson etc.
If calzaghe wants the big stage is US please find list of fighters all from Calzaghes era. How come he has manages to avoid all of them??????
Tarver
Hopkins
Johnson
Winky
Toney
Jones Junior
Calzaghe takes easy route, look at his record, he has faught a lot of guys who have been middles and light middles and has avoided grnuine 12 stone fighters.

Nacho_Analstain
02-15-2007, 05:55 PM
You are right. Only thing he offers Calzaghe is a beating therefore ending his glorious career. This is chance for a huge domestic showdown like we used to get. Froch v Calzaghe would be like Eubank, Benn, Watson etc.
If calzaghe wants the big stage is US please find list of fighters all from Calzaghes era. How come he has manages to avoid all of them??????
Tarver
Hopkins
Johnson
Winky
Toney
Jones Junior
Calzaghe takes easy route, look at his record, he has faught a lot of guys who have been middles and light middles and has avoided grnuine 12 stone fighters.

he didnt avoid any of them fighters,and i beleive he will fight some of them in the future,he might have held back abit in the past but i beleive hes gonna step it up now and have some really big fights

while were at it though,who the **** has carl froch fought? nobodys

adietheforestfa
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
he didnt avoid any of them fighters,and i beleive he will fight some of them in the future,he might have held back abit in the past but i beleive hes gonna step it up now and have some really big fights

while were at it though,who the **** has carl froch fought? nobodys

Calzaghe was willing to fight Magee wasnt he? Froch demolished Magee.
Who had Calzaghe faught after 20 fights??????

Calzaghes 20th fight was with the Mighty Carlos Christie W 11 L 19 KO 1.
And in 40th fight Evans Ashira former 131.5Lb fighter. ( Junior Witter fights at 139ish and he is small. )

Froch has beaten.
Barney former European Light Heavy Challenger.
Magee former WBO World Champ Challenger.
Poras. Rated 6 in world at the time.
Adamu. Tough mother.

Plus froch has a far more impresive amature record with a world champ medal.

I think it is you that doesnt know boxing my friend.

Parody
02-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Froch is a very impressive fighter and I dont blame calzaghe for not fighting him...too much risk. lose/lose situation

Nacho_Analstain
02-15-2007, 07:04 PM
carl froch is at the back of calzaghes mind simply cause he knows he would beat him

taylor
winky
hopkins

would all beat froch,they are the 3 fights he wants,maybe mikkel kessler and if froch is a risk,then what was jeff lacy? almost everybody thought lacy would knock the **** out of joe but it was the other way around,the calzaghe that fought that night would beat almost anybody.

calzaghe beat bika,bika wasnt an easy fight and wouldnt have been an easy fight for anybody,he was a good strong fighter and he would give a few top names a run for there money.

we will see anyway,doubt the fight will happen and if it doesnt,theres no way in hell its cause calzaghe sees him as a risk

Jim_Davis
02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Calzaghe doesnt need a potential upset from Froch. It would gain him credibility to fight him but Calzaghe is gonna go for the big US bucks after Manfredo sparks interest.

dumdane
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Calzaghe doesnt need a potential upset from Froch. It would gain him credibility to fight him but Calzaghe is gonna go for the big US bucks after Manfredo sparks interest.

Don't see how fighting Froch would gain Calzaghe any more credibility than the likes of Bika and Manfredo.
Froch like them is unproven. Only diff is Froch's annoying mouth - but that proves nothing.

adietheforestfa
02-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Don't see how fighting Froch would gain Calzaghe any more credibility than the likes of Bika and Manfredo.
Froch like them is unproven. Only diff is Froch's annoying mouth - but that proves nothing.

Because Manfredo has lost to a light welterweight who is not even rated.
Froch is a genuine 12 stone fighter with a devastating punch. with an impresive amature record.
I predict calzaghe will go after Winky or BHop. Again smaller guys who are middle weights at best.
Will also avoid Clinton Woods.
Come On Calzaghe Pick on Someone your own size.

ESCOPETA
02-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Because Manfredo has lost to a light welterweight who is not even rated.
Froch is a genuine 12 stone fighter with a devastating punch. with an impresive amature record.
I predict calzaghe will go after Winky or BHop. Again smaller guys who are middle weights at best.
Will also avoid Clinton Woods.
Come On Calzaghe Pick on Someone your own size.

I think Froch should go for Green, Beyer and then Stiegletz (IBF #1)