View Full Version : How to get a rock chin.....

Tha Greatest
04-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Do neck excercises

Neck Bridges and neck curls with a neck harness
Also do curls off a ring with ur head

It will help a lot

Gattz187
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
might have ti try it sometime. Probally get a concussin by doing it thou

Tha Greatest
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
might have ti try it sometime. Probally get a concussin by doing it thou
DONT TRY IT
I was joking...

XionComrade
04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Lol, What about Behind the neck Military presses and other over head presses? Thats what I do!

adeelr
04-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Do neck excercises

It will help a lot

just stand in the ring and let somebody punch the heck out of you, that would give you a solid chin, (and a few cuts and bruises)

Konstantin
04-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Actually I heard if you drink a lot before a bout you will get a pretty decent chin, aparently you wont be able to feel many of the punches. The only sideaffects ive heard of is easier to KO to the body and general uncoordiness(sp?/is there even such a word?).

Floydmayweather
04-20-2005, 04:19 AM
Ha actually some old fighters like Lamotta use to take a few drinks to loosen up his chin but i would not recommend that. Neck exercises are great and make sure your traps are strong to support your neck.

XionComrade
04-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Btw Traps are insanely easy to work, I take two 45lbs weights(Free weights, the ones for barbells) and walk back and forth with them as long as possible, just remember to keep moving your feet and keep your arms straight down for best results!!! Its awesome!

Hunna
04-25-2005, 11:35 AM
dont get hit! simple as that. Rjj barely got hit flush until his last 2 fites. seriously, neck and shoulder exercises help ya chin and ability to withstand a punch. E.g. Evander Holyfield, never dropped in his prime due to his massive neck ( didnt really have a neck ), shoulders and arms. Also, look at the shots he takes straight on the chin from iron mike, unbelievable.

Kid Achilles
04-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Evander had a chin period. All of that neck and trap muscle helped but if you have a weak chin it's not going to do that much for you. Bob Sapp has neck and trap development that would make both Tyson and Holyfield jealous but the guy just can't take a shot.

paul750
04-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Do neck excercises

It will help a lot
these sorts of statments are pretty worthless, with all due respect, having a good chin is something that you can't really develop, you just have it, in the same way you can't develop heart, better to just develop your strengths instead of wasting time trying to build your neck

Pugnacious_Z
04-25-2005, 11:46 PM
about bob sapp, his neck is 68cm and u say he cant take a punch. bull****, the reason why u think he cant is coz hes a *****, he can take a punch but wen the punch hurts him, he just goes down like a ***** ,if he had heart no man cud take him down

Hunna
04-26-2005, 04:37 AM
bob sapp is a *****, iron mike or evander would hunt that beast down and eat him for dinner, hes got like 1 aimless round of slugging in him. Bob sapp lost to guys over 100 pounds lighter, what sorta fighter is that?Evander having a soft chin? i would like to see the reaction of other fight fans if they heard that.

Hunna
04-26-2005, 04:38 AM
fully agree with pugnacious Z!