View Full Version : Who ranks higher? Trinidad or De La Hoya?

zoneman99
12-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Simple question. Who ranks higher and why?

CCobra
12-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Tito. Has some very good wins on his resume and only ever lost to 3 ATG fighters. When Tito won, he won.

Oscar has way too many questionable victories on his resume.. Whitaker, Quartey, Sturm and made a career out of beating Tito's leftover fighters. He can cry about the Tito fight all he wants but he only has himself to blame for running the last 5 rounds which lost him the fight.

Marcov
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Trinidad has one big questionble victory on his resume, that is why I voted for "De La". Both accomplished alot though.

BEEHOP
12-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Tito by a bit.

DeepSleep
12-07-2009, 04:11 AM
I'd give Tito the edge. I think too many of Oscar's "victories" are rather suspect to me as when I score his fights I'm often left wondering what the judges are watching, still both fighters were great.

prinzmanspoper
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Trinidad has one big questionble victory on his resume, that is why I voted for "De La". Both accomplished alot though.

Ike Quartey and Pernell Whitaker are without question two of De La Hoya's greatest wins,and the verdict is split on whether for not he deserved the decisions there also.

Sugarj
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Oscar for me but only by a whisker! Very equal in resume.

Argentine
12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
De La Hoya

gibo
12-11-2009, 04:35 AM
TITO fought above his natural weight and lost to bigger bernie, WINKY, RJJ!!! delohoyo fought against SMALLER SSM X2, PBF, AND PAC-MAN and got his *ss exposed! So who do you really think ranks higher?????

cooper5
12-11-2009, 04:52 AM
If you look at welterweight and up only I would lean towards Tito, (aside from the fact Oscar really beat him in their match.)

But Oscar also had a career that spanned from 130-140 lbs and with that in mind, I voted for Oscar.

r.burgundy
12-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Simple question. Who ranks higher and why?

oscar by a mile.people wanna talk about oscar getting gifts.his only gift was over whitaker.only other fight that could be possibly considered a gift was against sturm.cheato on the other hand has 1 of the most dubios gifts in history with his "w" over oscar and fought his whole career with illegal wraps.he had to use his 2nd best punch,which was the ric flair to the nuts to beat vargas,he was chinny,terrible footwork,and as soon as he lost,he quit.his best win is vargas,and his next best win is joppy.

Third Degree MM
12-11-2009, 07:47 PM
De La Hoya but not by much.

123tyson123
12-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I voted for de la hoya, but reading some of the other posts i can see why others voted for Trinidad. He was a fantastic fighter.

Someone posted oscar had too many questionable wins, but he also had questionable loses and fantastic wins in mega fights. The Chavez fights especially the second, Mosley fights, Quartey, Vargas, Mayorga are some of my all time favorite fights and fantastic wins.

He also had a brilliant amateur career winning a gold medal in the Olympics.

FalconsRB
12-12-2009, 08:31 AM
there were a lot of good undefeated fighters Tito fought took their "0" and then Oscar fought left overs Tito win over Oscar is questionable but lets not forget how many Tito leftovers Oscar fought wanna talk about robberies, Felix Sturm.

CCobra
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
oscar by a mile.people wanna talk about oscar getting gifts.his only gift was over whitaker.only other fight that could be possibly considered a gift was against sturm.cheato on the other hand has 1 of the most dubios gifts in history with his "w" over oscar and fought his whole career with illegal wraps.he had to use his 2nd best punch,which was the ric flair to the nuts to beat vargas,he was chinny,terrible footwork,and as soon as he lost,he quit.his best win is vargas,and his next best win is joppy.

Um, Tito Trinidad's wraps were legal in most states, just not in New York. They were wrapped incorrectly, not loaded like a certain other fighter. So there.. :439:

gibo
12-13-2009, 03:15 AM
If you look at welterweight and up only I would lean towards Tito, (aside from the fact Oscar really beat him in their match.)

But Oscar also had a career that spanned from 130-140 lbs and with that in mind, I voted for Oscar.

TITO at 42 & 3 with 35ko's challenged the next biggest weight divison champions fight after fight!! while hoja challenged the smallest BIG named fighters available (SSM, PBF, PAC.) and got whipped by them. Ending with 6 loses, 4 against smaller opponants, and quitting against the smallest. While never trying to avenge his so called "rob job" against TITO. Then the golden one resorts to fighting TITO'S leftovers (vargas, mayorga) SO REALLY. WHO RANKS HIGHER??????

gibo
12-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Now if you mean, "Who ranks higher" in popularity? it's joto, of course. But if you mean who has more heart and "cojones"? It ain't even close.

Del Coqui
12-13-2009, 07:55 AM
there were a lot of good undefeated fighters Tito fought took their "0" and then Oscar fought left overs Tito win over Oscar is questionable but lets not forget how many Tito leftovers Oscar fought wanna talk about robberies, Felix Sturm.

Agreed........

Oscar might have had the better overall skills, Tito took the harder fights and better overall record.

r.burgundy
12-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Agreed........

Oscar might have had the better overall skills, Tito took the harder fights and better overall record.

lol @ this.tito in his prime missed quartey and shane.both guys oscasr fought,and 2 guys who had the goods to beat tito

WarriorMan
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
i like them both but personally think trinidad took on the bigger challenges and didnt wait for the elite fighters to be exposed or have their first loss. trinidad took them on when others didnt and while they were unbeaten while oscar cleverly and with a business like approach cherry picked.
trinidad was a better warrior oscar a better businessman.

Dondi33O
12-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I voted for de la hoya, but reading some of the other posts i can see why others voted for Trinidad. He was a fantastic fighter.

Someone posted oscar had too many questionable wins, but he also had questionable loses and fantastic wins in mega fights. The Chavez fights especially the second, Mosley fights, Quartey, Vargas, Mayorga are some of my all time favorite fights and fantastic wins.

He also had a brilliant amateur career winning a gold medal in the Olympics.

He destroyed an old Chavez which made people dislike Oscar's poor choice of capitalizing on certain fighters. Ike was a good win but very close, Vargas he waited till Tito exposed him, same with Mayorga, Shane beat him, then Hoya kind of looked for advantages and smaller fighters after he robbed Sturm. Tito took the scarier fighters and always had you wondering if he bit off more than he could handle. Then as time went on he fought even more difficult fighters.
But both did their things.

Del Coqui
12-13-2009, 05:37 PM
lol @ this.tito in his prime missed quartey and shane.both guys oscasr fought,and 2 guys who had the goods to beat tito

yeah Mosley coming up from 140 or was it 135 surely got Tito scared, .....Quartey???? pls man. Undefeated Campas 55-0 50 kos, Carr supposedly next best thing outta motown since Hitman, Vargas undefeated version, Reid gold medalist undefeated,....... just read his record dude. ROFL @ Quartey and Mosley beating Tito back then, funniest post in this thread....