View Full Version : prince naseem hamed

kdr
04-18-2005, 08:25 AM
hi guys
what happen to prince naseem we don;t c him fight
is there any wrong with him ?

M26
04-18-2005, 09:19 AM
The only thing that "happened" to the Prince is that he retired from boxing. I suppose he lost the motivation to keep fighting. After his first (and only) loss in his second to last fight, he really didnīt seem to care too much about the sport anymore. In his last fight, he looked bored and unfocused, winning an unconvincing bout against a clubfighter.

It has been rumored that Hamed is about to return to the ring, but this I have to see to believe. He has made comeback promises before. I suppose we have seen the last of Hamed. Just as well, I guess. Even though I loved him as a figure, I canīt see him being able to bring back the glory days. He is past 30, havenīt fought in a long time and probably doesnīt have the needed self esteem anymore. In addition to this, he has got more than enough money, so he doesnīt need to keep fighting.

puppy_dogg
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
there's always a rumor of him coming back, as many as there have been i start to think they are complete bull**** that someone has started just to make a story.
i always did like the prince but he's gone

Moon
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Hamed is the "exposed" poster child. He defines what it means to be exposed. He lacked the mental toughness to place himself in front of another top-tier Mexican, which was exactly what was required for him to redeem himself. Marquez was there, hamed walked away. Barrera was a rematch that people would have paid for, Hamed walked away.

Hamed did not retire, he was retired. How else do you account for a guy in his prime walking away?

Crouching Tiger
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Hamed's not coming back. He's finished. Kaput. :killyou:

NiGe2011
04-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Naz is done and I am okay with that. The guy ruled featherweight for about five years, most careers are not that good. And in the process he was a phenom who made some serious coin. What is it about British fighters who know when to quit, and why can't it rub off on some more American fighters!?!?

J !
04-19-2005, 06:55 AM
hi guys
what happen to prince naseem we don;t c him fight
is there any wrong with him ?

if you cant be bothered to look through the thread on the same friggin page as the one you just started which is basically the same. I cant be bothered to reply properly. ;)

Moon
04-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Naz is done and I am okay with that. The guy ruled featherweight for about five years, most careers are not that good. And in the process he was a phenom who made some serious coin.
He ruled the last two years by avioding Marquez, now THAT'S impressive. Then he faces Barrera, believing that he is not as skilled as Marquez.

Avoiding Marquez and getting his ass handed to him by Barrera. That's a hell of a way to "rule".

Jank
04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
I think he was just totaly overrated, i can't really think of any well known names he beat exept aging ones such as, kevin kelly and tom "boom boom" johnson. Been a long time since naz has fought so my memory might be a bit rusty on that.

Jank
04-19-2005, 11:41 AM
a lot of boxers always talk about making come backs because its strange being out of the boxing loop, but after this ammount of time and the ammount of money he has, i dont see it happening.

J !
04-19-2005, 11:44 AM
I think he was just totaly overrated, i can't really think of any well known names he beat exept aging ones such as, kevin kelly and tom "boom boom" johnson. Been a long time since naz has fought so my memory might be a bit rusty on that.

cough... manuel medina ....cough.... in his prime ....cough.

for starters.

jeez im getting sick of saying this ****, especially as i hate naz but he was the best featherweight of the 90's bar none.

however his split from ingle saw his ego take total control and he was never the same fighter.

a prime naz murders pac inside halfway.

JOM'S
04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
cough... manuel medina ....cough.... in his prime ....cough.

for starters.

jeez im getting sick of saying this ****, especially as i hate naz but he was the best featherweight of the 90's bar none.

however his split from ingle saw his ego take total control and he was never the same fighter.

a prime naz murders pac inside halfway.

hey buddy I know your exagerating to make a point, but a prime well motivated JMM or ERIK Morales did not in anyway come close to murder PAC, now how on earth can Naz, even on his prime be able to do that ???

anyway if NAZ is coming back, I would love to see this 2 southpaws in action, PAC has never faced a southpaw in NAZ caliber before ...

J !
04-19-2005, 12:09 PM
hi mate

Morales is no where near his prime mate for starters he is some time past it but sucha great fighter he can still operate at the highest level. maybe 2-3 years past.

Marquez doesnt hit hard enough but outside the first two rounds he murdered pac imo.

Pacs style is made for an unorthadox counterpuncher like Hamed, and one that hits that hard, be very interesting.

this is only Naz with ingle in his peak when he was running through the likes of Medina, cabrera, johnson.

post his split with brendan that he wouldnt have beaten any of the top feathers.

what im trying to say here is most people think of Hamed losing to MAB, he was a much better fighter than that, much better. He held the WBC, IBF and WBO vbelts at various junctures in the 90's becomae a world champ in 95 and lost it in 2001 thats six year sqa world champ

how many peopel can say that, and he gets piss poor press cos people remember the retarded little **** that fought barerra.

thats his opwn fault of course, he lost touch with his roots and what made him great. but six years as an undefeated world champ out guns a lot of fighters.

JOM'S
04-19-2005, 01:36 PM
hello buddy...

Here is my call as how I see it,

Erik at 28 and figthing in a weight category he is comfortable with is in his prime ...

JMM, is a naturally BIG feather, managed to survive PAC and in no way murdered PAC from 3-12, he had his BIG rounds but it was close all the way, well see on a the rematch how this 2 really stock-up against each other ...

Hamed is no doubt a great figther back then, he was the MAN, but his greatest fault was loosing a defining fight with MAB and then quitting without closure on his career ...

I know its a long shot, but I want to see NAZ against PAC ...

Showstoppa
04-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Alot of people don't like hamed because of his show-boating tactics and I am one of them. I will admit it was good for the sport and ratings but still very arrogent and to some sort stupid. I always find joy watching the replay of Hamed vs. Barrera because it proves you must respect every fighter you face. I don't look at hamed as a true champion because real champs are remembered for there tough battles against tough opponents. Hamed is remembered for getting his but whooped by a young mexican star. If he had come back and avenged his defeat or stayed around to fight JMM, Morales, Chavez, Pac, or whoever was on top of the division, then we might have something to talk about.

As for now I see him as a guy who could'nt match up with the best. Will we ever know if he could match-up with the best???Who knows....but that's his fault.

J !
04-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Jompac that ridiculous to reckon that Morale sis at his peak afte rall the wars he has had. COme on. Its not how old you are that means you have peaked in the ring you know that.

name any of the current greats who have been the top featherweight for 5 years.

he was way past his prime when he fought MAB.

get it yet? Get some videos of the fights i mention in this thread, basically you are judging the man on one fight, when he was past his peak and the penulitmate fight of his career.

thats like judging tyson vs williams.

cant believe im arguing for Naz i hated him.

but as a boxer in his prime he was as talented as they come and a prime Naz fights and in some cases beats some of the top four out there now. (MAB PAC EM JMM).

i cant be arsed to comment any further.

Showstoppa
04-22-2005, 01:51 AM
I can't argue with that JPW. Very good post.

I guess we are all a little dissapointed because we didn't get to see NAS versus the best we see now. He left eary with still good fights left in him but for the times he fought he was an extremely talented athlete/fighter with a knock out punch. As far as the show boating it was good for the sport and good for him. He made people love him or hate the hell out of him but the main thing he did was make people watch, which means more money for him. I kind of miss him now. It's wierd because I hated the hell out of him but I would of liked to have seen him fight some more.

JOM'S
04-23-2005, 03:33 AM
Jompac that ridiculous to reckon that Morale sis at his peak afte rall the wars he has had. COme on. Its not how old you are that means you have peaked in the ring you know that.

name any of the current greats who have been the top featherweight for 5 years.

he was way past his prime when he fought MAB.

get it yet? Get some videos of the fights i mention in this thread, basically you are judging the man on one fight, when he was past his peak and the penulitmate fight of his career.

thats like judging tyson vs williams.

cant believe im arguing for Naz i hated him.

but as a boxer in his prime he was as talented as they come and a prime Naz fights and in some cases beats some of the top four out there now. (MAB PAC EM JMM).

i cant be arsed to comment any further.

what i am saying here buddy, Morales is a big guy he had always some dificulty with weight at the lower ranks, now he is in a weight he is comfortable with, yes i do understand he had been into a lot of wars, but have you seen him slowing down, I don't, I under estimated him once and I will not make the same mistake twice, Morales IMHO is STILL IN HIS PEAK, until somebody shows it to me in the ring that he is sliding then and only then I would say he is past his PRIME (bring on MAB, JMM & PAC) ...

tyson vs williams compared to Hamed vs MAB, buddy my friend, I am begining to doubt if you really hate HAMED ??? :confused:

hope that tyson-williams comment was just an overkill, the PRINCE was the KING at the time he fought MAB, I do get that NAZ was already sliding as you mentioned but no way close to where TYSON was when he fought Williams...

I do agree with you that a PRIME HAMED, the puncher that he is, will be a good challenge for any of the top current FW ...

JOM'S
04-23-2005, 03:43 AM
I can't argue with that JPW. Very good post.

I guess we are all a little dissapointed because we didn't get to see NAS versus the best we see now. He left eary with still good fights left in him but for the times he fought he was an extremely talented athlete/fighter with a knock out punch. As far as the show boating it was good for the sport and good for him. He made people love him or hate the hell out of him but the main thing he did was make people watch, which means more money for him. I kind of miss him now. It's wierd because I hated the hell out of him but I would of liked to have seen him fight some more.

like i said there was no closure in his career, he left a lot of question unanswered and sad to say we will never know/get the answers...

czars_salad
04-23-2005, 03:52 AM
I do agree with you that a PRIME HAMED, the puncher that he is, will be a good challenge for any of the top current FW ...
hamed vs pac should have been fun to watch

JOM'S
04-23-2005, 07:52 AM
hamed vs pac should have been fun to watch

still will be, if it ever happen ...

woodybox2004
04-23-2005, 11:30 PM
i think hes retired

J !
04-25-2005, 08:01 AM
jompapac my p[inoy buddy, i do hamed always have but he is vastly underated by most on thei site as they didnt see him when he was with ingle, its like comparing pre and post tyson when cus died.

hamed did it himslef though.

people judge jahmed on his fight with barerra please stop doing so.

he was not at his peak then, thats why i argue his cause.

for fairness. nothign more, i never liked him and cheered for MAB. British or not i wanted him to ge this ass kicked.

but over time you read what people write and they are basing it on one fight,. which is an utter bull**** thing to do in judging a fighter greatness you look at the whole career.

JOM'S
04-25-2005, 01:43 PM
jompapac my p[inoy buddy, i do hamed always have but he is vastly underated by most on thei site as they didnt see him when he was with ingle, its like comparing pre and post tyson when cus died.

for fairness. nothign more, i never liked him and cheered for MAB. British or not i wanted him to ge this ass kicked.

but over time you read what people write and they are basing it on one fight,. which is an utter bull**** thing to do in judging a fighter greatness you look at the whole career.

my buddy i understand now, i feel what your saying and its really too bad the most people think the other way ...

common saying in boxing "your as good as your last fight" IMHO sucks ...

i hope my fighter pacman does not undergo this harsh treatment from world boxing fans ...

BANE206
04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
just got done watching barrera vs hamed and there was no doubt he was exposed by barrera. marco made him look foolish at times. it was a hell of a fight though. pac,morales,JMM would all beat hamed.

loangunZ
04-28-2005, 12:50 AM
this is from an article on the BBC by Brendan Ingle inwhich he talks about naseem
"Naseem Hamed should have gone on and on, and I said to people that he could have been as good if not better than Muhammed Ali... you look at what he can do.
"But Naseem, he never reached his potential, what he could have done would have been just amazing. He used to sparr with Neville Brown who used to be middleweight champion... there was a difference of two and a half stones... he [Neville] couldn't hit him!"

"The pinnacle of his career was when he beat Robinson for the title.... from then on he became a nightmare, and it's not criticising him, it's a fact what happened.

"It became a nightmare training him... but I'm the trainer and at the end of the day the buck stops at me, no matter what the problems are people would always come to me and ask what was wrong.

"But money does strange things to people - if I was 21 and had two or three million pounds I don't know what would happen."

To listen to the audio clips from the interview click on the links on the top right of this page.

naseem is the bowe of the featherweights

Gonzalo
04-28-2005, 02:04 AM
What happened to Prince Nassem Hamed?
Il tell you wht happened to him he got his ass wuped by Barrera and he still hasn't recovered.I have heard that he is coming back but he is probably having second thoughts since Barrera is still at the top of their division. Kevin Kelly is coming back so mabe Kelly and Nassem can have a rematch.

AIR_KENG
04-28-2005, 03:15 AM

IMO it was hamed's fault that people only consider his fight against MAB and not basing their opinions on his true greatness... take it this way, if MAB retired after the pacquiao fight, then everybody will talk about that loss even though he is a great fighter...

J !
04-28-2005, 05:03 AM
fair point air keng but he would still be rated as a legend. (MAB)